Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuckin' Validar at the top. This looks like a list I'd make lol.

Honestly though, I approve. Gangrel in S, Libra and Gregor in high A OH MY GOD IS THAT NOWI IN A Sully and Flavia are a bit low for my tastes, but my tastes are rather exotic, I understand. Who's the weird-ass looking priest? Must be a child unit, since I have never seen him before. Is this the Brady guy?

I mean if we're being completely honest, this list doesn't necessarily detail the characters I like the most (Since I love pretty much all of  them) it's more the characters I think had the best characterization. Basically I ranked them on how good a short film about their backstory would be. Nowi is high since her's is a story of being taken away from her family at an early age and being forced into slavery.

I'd probably rank Sully higher, yeah. Flavia though, while an awesome character, we don't get to know much about and isn't talked about nearly as much as Basilio within the support conversations.

Brady is a fun character, I honestly think he has more a unique personality that is less tropey compared to the other children, I'd probably rank him higher as well but I think this list I made at a time when I barely knew anything about him, same for Kjelle, Noire and Nah.

Man, I need to actually update this list. I just put Validar up there for the memes.

Edited by GuardianSing

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shaky Jones said:

Expectations can really damage how you'll experience a game. This mainly applied to me playing Genealogy, since everyone I saw kept calling it some hidden gem in FE thats astounding, and very original with plot and gameplay integration for its time. I thought itd be amazing, but I was very disappointed by the overall gameplay. Every squad rushing to you in nearly identical ways for the whole game got pretty boring to me pretty fast. Theres also low units in the game, making most memes nonexistent, aside from Arden. And those map sizes make most non horse units just unfun to try using. I probably would've forgave it a tad more if people mentioned those flaws more when recommending it in advance, but I felt led to believe its by far the best Kaga game. I'll just stick to Ronan and Xavier training from Thracia.

This is true. Expectations are a bitch.

Just now, Shaky Jones said:

Beautiful

If you're curious, it is a hack called Sword of Heaven and Earth. One of my all time favorites, and it got a fan translation a few months ago, which is unreal, I almost can't believe it happened. Alongside Mr. Gaiden, it also has Largo, Zyne, FE3 brigand, Berwick Saga Helmet Guy and brown Denning called Alberto, among some other, less spicy GBA boss recolor.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean if we're being completely honest, this list doesn't necessarily detail the characters I like the most (Since I love pretty much all of  them) it's more the characters I think had the best characterization. Basically I ranked them on how good a short film about their backstory would be. Nowi is high since her's is a story of being taken away from her family at an early age and being forced into slavery.

I'd probably rank Sully higher, yeah. Flavia though, while an awesome character, we don't get to know much about and isn't talked about nearly as much as Basilio within the support conversations.

All right, fair enough.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Brady is a fun character, I honestly think he has more a unique personality that is less tropey compared to the other children, I'd probably rank him higher as well but I think this list I made at a time when I barely knew anything about him, same for Kjelle, Noire and Nah.

Man, I need to actually update this list. I just put Validar up there for the memes.

I'd love to see an updated list. I mean, I haven't even seen the kids before, since, you know, all cast dead and all.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Congrats on doing a hike, @Saint Rubenio! I love hiking.

Thanks. I am hurt, but I had some fun.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd love to see an updated list. I mean, I haven't even seen the kids before, since, you know, all cast dead and all.

I'll skim through the supports again and give an updated list. There are still supports I haven't see yet, not to mentioned some of the DLC conversations.

Speaking of Awakening DLC. After playing more of Fates I'm realizing just how endearing it is that Awakening hid away all it's fanservice in a 4 dollar DLC.

They didn’t even try to hide the other one’s relation to Randy. They’re both almost certainly his family.

Also, I appreciate how GeoFront put Trails in the Chest 2 in order this time around, so I can actually comprehend the messages instead of Sky 3rd where every Trails in the Chest message might as well have been a blank text box.

Two battles left on Kyosuke's route, albeit tedious ones. Time to unload the 2 million in cash and the 300 Pilot Points Kyosuke has racked up on his Melee stat, I know it ought to break 30k on a Valor at least, whether it reaches 40k is the question. Why they'd nerf the PP conversion rate to 1 stat point per 10 PP instead of the 4 PP for the same point in GBA?

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i think at this point, traditional turn orders is gonna be a requirement of SRPGs for me. It can't be a coincidence that this has happened three times now.

Then ditch my light suggestion of Devil Survivor 2 as an SMT gateway then.😅

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

co2wll.jpg

This reminds me, Japanese boxart:

93663_front.jpg

North American boxart:

93664_front.jpg

Weird that the main duo would get shoved to the corner like that. And interesting choice of placement for the localizing company's logo.

Though, the Japanese box is bizarre for making the game's title so small and awkwardly off-center. And I don't understand another design choice of both boxes either.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

FGbVwe_XEAcmIgk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Oh and Muramasa and Odin Sphere. They're there too.

@Interdimensional Observer turns out i now have the rest of Vanillaware's catalogue now, minus Dragon Crown.

First, whhhhhhhhhhhy would someone gift you Yuji Naka Can't Make A Good Nights into Dreams Spiritual Successor?

Second, Vanillaware does have a few other titles, like GrimGrimoire and the pre-Vanillaware-But-Made-By-The-People-Who-Would-Become-Vanillaware Princess's Crown, but Muramasa, Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown, and 13 Sentinels are indeed the big ones.

Third, Muramasa Wii is the inferior version, the translation is a bit worse and you don't get the four bonus characters & stories of the Vita version. -But who other than good old Draggy & Luxaar has a Vita?

Fourth, Odin Sphere will have fairly similar combat to Muramasa, provided you play on Refined Mode in OS. Classic Mode is an option on paper, but also a big fault of the PS2 original release. The two modes tell the exact same story but use separate save files, so no switching mid-playthrough. There might be a few fans of what OS Classic Mode was aiming for, but the majority would call it clunky -not that I ever tried Classic. I would therefore advise staggering your playing of Muramasa and Odin Sphere, and starting with Muramasa. As MtDB invented the combat flow later adapted by OS Leifthrasir's Refined Mode, step forwards, not back.

Fifth, before I forget, enjoy! Perhaps there's a chance you'll end up being one of those few souls who think Balan is overhated. And don't let my prior suggestions of OS hype the game up for you and result in it being disappointing.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Speaking of Awakening DLC. After playing more of Fates I'm realizing just how endearing it is that Awakening hid away all it's fanservice in a 4 dollar DLC.

All of it? Need I bring up Nowi, or are you talking about nostalgia fanservice?

Honestly though, yeah, the fanservice in Fates is pretty obnoxious. Both types, really. From every woman having a butt window to the Awakening kids in Conquest being super awkwardly shoe-horned in. It's dumb. But hey, what did you expect? It's Garon Emblem. The only smart writing in Fates is Garon, and that's because I refuse to believe a stupid person could've concocted such a perfectly, faultlessly brainless character as Garon. It takes too much talent to be that awful.

I don't even feel like playing anything. I just want to go to bed and rest my legs.

...Eh, some S;G will do fine. Just some reading before bed. Yeah, sounds rad. Let's go. Will Okarin be a dumbass? Will Kurisu continue to be a waste of a character? Will Daru be disgusting? All of these questions and more shall be answered momentarily. Well, I mean, I can answer the first one already- the answer is yes. Okarin is too dumb to not be dumb.

I like how the anime changed it so that the whole “eat vegetables for a girl” thing was Luka’s idea instead of Kurisu, the supposed genius scientist, except it’s never actually explained how on Earth that works so it doesn’t really matter.

I mean, I know the plot revolves around time travel, but at least they try to provide a pseudo-science answer for that one.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't even feel like playing anything. I just want to go to bed and rest my legs.

...Eh, some S;G will do fine. Just some reading before bed. Yeah, sounds rad. Let's go. Will Okarin be a dumbass? Will Kurisu continue to be a waste of a character? Will Daru be disgusting? All of these questions and more shall be answered momentarily. Well, I mean, I can answer the first one already- the answer is yes. Okarin is too dumb to not be dumb.

How far are you in S;G anyway? I don’t remember the last time you talked about any plot event, just the characters.

Oh right, I almost forgot. The Three Stooges just realized they've uncovered the kind of secrets they could be killed for.

...Is Okarin ever going to slap himself for giving away the lab's address like it's no biggie, or is he just not going to realize?

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED

OH SHIT

Spoiler

Her dad's going to show up here, isn't he

That's why they're running me through all the reports of random people getting gelified even though I already get the point

It's going to hit us with her dad, oh fuck

Just now, Sooks said:

How far are you in S;G anyway? I don’t remember the last time you talked about any plot event, just the characters.

Start of chapter 3.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Son of a bitch I was wrong.

Or, more to the point, I have no idea if I'm wrong or right, because they're just stopping.

...Oh, no... no. I refuse to believe it!

No!

S;G NO! YOU DON'T GET TO DO A PERVY GAG NOW! THE STAKES ARE SO HIGH I CAN'T REACH THEM! AND I'M TALL! STOOOOPPPPPP--

Okay at least it was short. I question the wisdom of throwing it in there at all, but... Ahh, who cares. It's Japan. Japan be Japan. The rest of this is being great, so I'll forgive this, uh... slip up.

Reveal hidden contents

Her dad's going to show up here, isn't he

That's why they're running me through all the reports of random people getting gelified even though I already get the point

It's going to hit us with her dad, oh fuck

Spoiler

Who’s dad? Kurisu’s? What have you heard about him so far?

Start of chapter 3.

Good to know.

And immediately after the dumb pervy gag, they hit me with another one... except this one's actually decent. Fine, game, I'll give it to ya - Kurisu explaining pseudo-science with a cute girl analogy sporting a straight face is good. Didn't make me laugh, but I smiled instead of facepalming, so uh yeah. Good effort.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Who’s dad? Kurisu’s? What have you heard about him so far?

Spoiler

Yes, Kurisu's.

I've heard she hasn't seen him in seven years, that he was a laughingstock for researching time travel and that she hates time travel because of this. Zero chance this is the whole story, but up to this point, I know no more. For a moment I thought he was going to show up in the gelified people reports, but they stopped before checking all of them. Chance is still up in the air, but we'll see.

The sequence of being immersed in the deep shit that's going on, being taken out slightly by the random-ass Faris email and then immediately freezing when I read "oops the bell's ringing, I better go see who it is" was rather magical.

Great, now I'm worried about her. She was talking about how there's a completely inconsequential easter egg in this random song, and she cut herself off right before revealing "the key" to finding it. Complete with a nya and everything. Clearly she was just being playful and I'm being extremely paranoid.

Or she's been kidnapped. One of the two. We'll know when she responds to my response. I hope she does it quickly.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Okarin nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why would you tell her everything? Why would you involve Mayushii? She's not capable of grasping the gravity of the situation! You're already enough of a bumbling idiot, too dangerously careless to handle something like this. Why involve her too? I thought you didn't want to get her mixed up in this mess!

I mean, I suppose if you don't involve her, her character is even more useless than it already was, but... Well, not a good call, is what I'm saying.

Oh, okay, apparently she's "too perceptive" and "she'd find out anyway", so it's "better to tell her."

In other words, even Okarin isn't dumb enough not to notice his huge, overwhelming stupidity and he understands he won't be able to keep a secret from Scatterbrains overthere because he's just so stupid. That's a bit of a paradox, isn't it? Okarin's brain is so amazingly smooth that it can create black holes.

I love this guy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I just realized Faris's random-ass email came at 3:20 in the morning. Weeeeirrrdd, but I suppose she seems like the kind to maintain a strange sleep schedule.

...She hasn't responded yet-- Why hasn't she responded yet!? It's been roughly 8 hours ingame! I need peace of mind and confirmation of my histrionic paranoia!