Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

0HICXmy.png

Stairway time...

x = units i am willing to sacrifice

Kumegara i don't want to sacrifice honestly, but if i have to i will hmmmm

Fuck me i need more 1-2 fliers.

After this i will go get some babies and hopefully a flier will be among them

I despise you, Shrimpers.

I hate you with every fiber of my being.

...okay, I'm fine with Flora, but seriously? Best Character, The Teacher and Best Design? Fuck Ophelia, send Ophelia to the grinder instead!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..okay, I'm fine with Flora, but seriously? Best Character, The Teacher and Best Design?

This ''no chill'' run is going to the grinders very fast, and Haitaka is seriously not that good atm. His STR is fine, but he doesn't double and he has Mage tier defences.

Kumegara i don't wanna sacrifice as he is doing fine tbh, but stairway with just 1 flier is hell.

Shura i was planning to Replace with Nina anyway

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck Ophelia, send Ophelia to the grinder instead!

She's one of my strongest units lol. She absolutely this run i can't sacrifice, especially not with Ryoma still happening.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

0HICXmy.png

Stairway time...

x = units i am willing to sacrifice

Kumegara i don't want to sacrifice honestly, but if i have to i will hmmmm

So you always got for Grandmaster Corrin?

Any particular things it does over Nohrian Noble or other hybrid classes? Is it all about them skills?

(Also, Haitaka is good for this map because blessed lances, having a wielder besides Effie will be good, Shura can also used Blessed Bow if you want to do it from 2 range)

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

So you always got for Grandmaster Corrin?

Yeah pretty much. Grandmaster always screams to me as a ''Lord class'' so i just pick it lol

Any particular things it does over Nohrian Noble or other hybrid classes?

Sword + Magic is something Corrin is cool with (especially since Yato gives Bonus in Inventory, so might as well make him use it when needed), i pretty much never use Dstone with Corrin.

Skill wise i usually pick skills from other classes first (like Vantage from Myrm or Dragon Fang from Nohr Prince) before reclass, the only skills i usually use from Grandmaster are Tactical Advice and Solidarity.

I sometimes pick Ignis over Dragon Fang, but i prefer Dragon Fang honestly. Rally Spectrum i could use, but it's a lvl 35 skill so i get it at like Ryoma or something lol.

Haitaka is good for this map because blessed lances

yeah i am doing that. Hopefully he won't die...

Edited by Father Shrimpas

I love how the first time Okarin's dumb laugh sounded genuine was when he was bragging about how he outsmarted Kurisu. Pffft. This guy. He's the gift that keeps on giving. Like Garon, in a way. That's right, I'm comparing Okarin to Best Character, he should feel honored.

...Okay, I feel bad about that. Okarin's clearly intentionally (and well, at that) written as a complete moron. Garon is Garon.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

This ''no chill'' run is going to the grinders very fast, and Haitaka is seriously not that good atm. His STR is fine, but he doesn't double and he has Mage tier defences.

Kumegara i don't wanna sacrifice as he is doing fine tbh, but stairway with just 1 flier is hell.

Shura i was planning to Replace with Nina anyway

It really saddens me that your Haitaka is unimpressive, as opposed to... Y'know, ALL of my Haitakas. I hope you'll give him a second chance in your next run. If nothing else, for chapter 10. Haitaka is so nice to have in chapter 10. Even if he doesn't perform that well later on because of RNG screwage, it's still great to have him there.

Glad Kumagera's doing okay, at least! Do try to preserve him, pretty please?

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

She's one of my strongest units lol. She absolutely this run i can't sacrifice, especially not with Ryoma still happening.

God fucking damnit, Shrimpers. You have no taste according to me. I am the Tasteman, I know what I'm talking about.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I mean i already sacrificed what's probably my fav. Fates character lol, so i am not beyond sacrificing this run, especially since i am doing this now pretty much Royal less lol

Oh believe me, I remember. I was so happy when I first read it. You're literally Xander, that made me so happy. I've never even killed Elise myself! And I hate her! Ahahahaha, oh how fate truly loves its little ironies!

Glad Kumagera's doing okay, at least! Do try to preserve him, pretty please?

Yeah i will. Not like i will just sacrifice Haitaka, either. Rally Def still has it's uses after, so i will try to protect him.

But Stairway i usually atleast have 2 fliers, so this will be something uh

Basically willing to continue without them doesn't mean i will just send them to the grinders lol

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I despise you, Shrimpers.

I hate you with every fiber of my being.

...okay, I'm fine with Flora, but seriously? Best Character, The Teacher and Best Design? Fuck Ophelia, send Ophelia to the grinder instead!

Arggh. Too much Fates talk. So much Haitaka discussion. I am struggling to not play Conquest. Not now. I have too much on my plate. FE12, GAA, Fallout Tactics, and more shenanigans.

You know, I've NEVER used Haitaka, and you are really tempting me to try him, but that would mean yet another Fates run. I still need to try my Awakening lunatic+ run. Why? It's the one difficulty I've yet to beat. Please don't make me pick on Conquest again...

Oh believe me, I remember. I was so happy when I first read it. You're literally Xander, that made me so happy. I've never even killed Elise myself! And I hate her! Ahahahaha, oh how fate truly loves its little ironies!

Could it be?

Even you can't make yourself do it?

i pretty much never use Dstone with Corrin.

Yeah, unless you're planning on incorporating it in late game I don't blame you for that.

Skill wise i usually pick skills from other classes first (like Vantage from Myrm or Dragon Fang from Nohr Prince) before reclass, the only skills i usually use from Grandmaster are Tactical Advice and Solidarity.

You should see my list for Lunatic.

I sometimes pick Ignis over Dragon Fang, but i prefer Dragon Fang honestly. Rally Spectrum i could use, but it's a lvl 35 skill so i get it at like Ryoma or something lol.

See: Yamato getting Replicate off Ryoma.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Honestly Tactical Advice feels like a strange choice considering it requires a unit you're likely putting in the front lines to be purely support.

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Not now. I have too much on my plate. FE12, GAA, Fallout Tactics, and more shenanigans.

Okay, finally I see someone who's playing Fallout Tactics. What's it like?

You know, I've NEVER used Haitaka, and you are really tempting me to try him, but that would mean yet another Fates run. I still need to try my Awakening lunatic+ run. Why? It's the one difficulty I've yet to beat. Please don't make me pick on Conquest again...

How is Luna+ so far for you?

Is everyone dead?

I've been a fool to not visit other castles to buy heart seals until now.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All of it? Need I bring up Nowi, or are you talking about nostalgia fanservice?

Honestly though, yeah, the fanservice in Fates is pretty obnoxious. Both types, really. From every woman having a butt window to the Awakening kids in Conquest being super awkwardly shoe-horned in. It's dumb. But hey, what did you expect? It's Garon Emblem. The only smart writing in Fates is Garon, and that's because I refuse to believe a stupid person could've concocted such a perfectly, faultlessly brainless character as Garon. It takes too much talent to be that awful.

I was expecting you to bring up Olivia or Tharja whom I had perfect arguments for. I didn't even think about Nowi.

...Fuck.

Anyways. Personally I'm not that bothered by fanservice. It only gets to me if it's wasting a perfectly good story which Fates does not have so I see as more funny than anything.

And hey, if there's something Fates has over most anime related media it's that it doesn't just appeal to straight men as nearly every male character in Fates has a "Please stab me here" window on their chest.

9 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

0HICXmy.png

Why is Niles riding a tank.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Okay, finally I see someone who's playing Fallout Tactics. What's it like?

Oh I haven't started it just yet. But I do plan to. I played NV and the first four Fallout games. I'm expecting to like Tactics a lot, since 2 is my favorite one of the bunch, and I hear Tactics focuses a lot more on the gameplay. I have a brother who's playing it now, and he thinks it's mostly decent. Unsure what build I'll go for though. I hear this one is quite difficult.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Honestly Tactical Advice feels like a strange choice considering it requires a unit you're likely putting in the front lines to be purely support

It's also good for a front line unit as then i can useCorrin as dual attacker alot while he buffs main attacker with +10Hit/Crit. Helps quite a bit. 

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Wanted to try ballistician ones and +1 MoV Niles learns from Outlaw helps alot with the 4mov of Ballistician kek

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

He's a Ballastician.

The class has 4 move but can do an AoE attack.

It's a pretty neat class and that's without doing Duplicate shenanigans.

Just now, Shaky Jones said:

Oh I haven't started it just yet. But I do plan to. I played NV and the first four Fallout games. I'm expecting to like Tactics a lot, since 2 is my favorite one of the bunch, and I hear Tactics focuses a lot more on the gameplay. I have a brother who's playing it now, and he thinks it's mostly decent. Unsure what build I'll go for though. I hear this one is quite difficult.

Alright. Hope to hear more.

It's also good for a front line unit as then i can useCorrin as dual attacker alot while he buffs main attacker with +10Hit/Crit. Helps quite a bit. 

You're not wrong, but then again I'm not exactly sweating 70 accuracy at best hits much.

I must confess- I tend to skip right past most of the voice acting in this game. I mean, I don't understand Japanese, so they're really nothing more than pretty background noises. So once I'm done reading, I move on.

Every time Okarin laughs though, I wait for it. Okarin's laughter is the most precious thing in the world. The text says it's "muhahaha!" but it sounds more like "HWUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhaahaahaahaahaa" and I absolutely love it.

Yeah i will. Not like i will just sacrifice Haitaka, either. Rally Def still has it's uses after, so i will try to protect him.

But Stairway i usually atleast have 2 fliers, so this will be something uh

Basically willing to continue without them doesn't mean i will just send them to the grinders lol

Okay. Thank you.

Arggh. Too much Fates talk. So much Haitaka discussion. I am struggling to not play Conquest. Not now. I have too much on my plate. FE12, GAA, Fallout Tactics, and more shenanigans.

No rush, but next time you do play Conquest? Treat yourself to some Haitaka. Here, a small teaser of this man's potential. Sorry not sorry

Incidentally, I just checked. It's official - this is... Still not the most viewed video on my channel? Wait, what? I could've sworn 10k views would've made it the new champion. It's only second, first being...

What? I can't believe it, but the new champion is the video of Feeler killing Zephiel in Sword of Heaven and Earth. Obscure hack that was JP only until a few months ago surpassing Fates, TLP and Thracia is not something I would've ever expected, but... You know what? I'm fine with this.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Could it be?

Even you can't make yourself do it?

I send her to the bench and forget she exists. Hey, don't forget, I allowed myself to be convinced to spare Nowi.

And then gave her the Lilina treatment. But I still fully intended to spare her. I am not as monstrous as I seem.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I was expecting you to bring up Olivia or Tharja whom I had perfect arguments for. I didn't even think about Nowi.

...Fuck.

Anyways. Personally I'm not that bothered by fanservice. It only gets to me if it's wasting a perfectly good story which Fates does not have so I see as more funny than anything.

Fair enough. I've acknowledged before that I'm less tolerant to it than most people here.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

And hey, if there's something Fates has over most anime related media it's that it doesn't just appeal to straight men as nearly every male character in Fates has a "Please stab me here" window on their chest.

Yeah, true. Everyone is wearing dumb clothes, there's no discrimination here. Heck, when it comes to generics it's actually the male generics that sometimes maintain the awful outfits, while the girl generics all have top notch designs.

Nina's paralouge. I should not have had to restart so often, especially after I had a start for the start that managed to forget.

But I managed it, got all but the Shining Bow (By leaving the west wing untouched), couple more skills, Reinhard and Corrin capped, even caught an Adventurer with 30 magic.

Oh my God they're already leaking their secrets to random passersby. Okarin being like he is, it might've been salvageable if they pretended it's just his usual idiocy, but then Daru went "durr I thought you didn't want people to know."

Goddamnit, guys.

Of course-- And the girl they nonchalantly revealed their shenanigans to immediately starts to act extremely suspicious right after Daru leaves, complete with ominous music.

Every time I think that I may be exaggerating just a tiny bit about the lack of common sense in these characters, they one-up themselves. It's honestly a miracle they're still alive.

Anyway, I like that there's a whole bunch of assistant emails from all the experiments. Read through 'em. Expected some funny references or something, but they were rather regular. Eh, it's okay.

...Faris where the hell are you.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

that's what you think Ü

Hey, how do you know how far i've gotten!? 

The battles as 

Spoiler

Lloyd and Rixia were pretty neat, and way more balanced than the entire main game.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, true. Everyone is wearing dumb clothes, there's no discrimination here. Heck, when it comes to generics it's actually the male generics that sometimes maintain the awful outfits, while the girl generics all have top notch designs.

Aye. And at the very least I'm happy that Japan is finding a way to express their repressed sexuality in what is otherwise a very strict country when it comes to those kind of things.

14 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Wanted to try ballistician ones and +1 MoV Niles learns from Outlaw helps alot with the 4mov of Ballistician kek

I...didn't even know that was a class! I think I heard about it from the older games but never knew it was in Fates till now. That is awesome to look at!

Now I'm even more excited to play Conquest again.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Now I'm even more excited to play Conquest again.

It is a DLC class, so you'd need the map to get it, after clearing of course.

You can also get one free off one of the Anna's gift DLCs.

I must commend the game's restraint in not hitting me with a jumpscare there.

...Oh, no, not her. Is this when the consequences of Okarin's stupidity finally happen? For the first time? Of many, probably?