• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

.....Are the other dragons who went to Darna also wearing them?

Don't remember much details, but no, it wasn't taking place in Fire Emblem itself.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben on his way to tell me to play Omori now

And I'll be sitting on the sidelines not handed a recommendation, and if offered, I'd politely and resolutely turn it down. 🙂

I don't play games to intentionally get depressed (not to say I don't accidentally stumble into depressive stuff in games where I wasn't expecting it from time to time). If I wanted depression, I could find free ways of inducing it in a couple days tops. It's another reason why "evocative" indie stuff doesn't appeal to me, I expect bittersweetness.

Though right now, I'm not depressed, I'm more asking myself "Maybe I should stop visiting some gaming news sites", because every time I see a "developer/game adds NFTs" headline (or other certain other kinds of headlines), my blood pressure rises. And then I remember I'm utterly powerless in this world and humanity is destined for its own self-destruction. So without needing to play an actual video game, I'm already in state of anger-could-turn-into-depression.

...I could use some tranquility.😌

Now I'm bored.

I mean, I know I have my Terraria run on hold but...

Fuck me I want to play more Ecclesia. That quick Albus mode run was not enough...

33 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I never check serenes front page anymore because all i expect are Gacha news kek

I don't stop very long there, but on my phone my shortcut takes me to the front page instead of the forums. Never bothered to change it, so I always go through there on my phone.

15 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Hey I have a new drinking song! 

Congratulations.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Omori on Switch?

I mean, I couldn't care less, personally, but...

Ahahahahahahaha oh but the trailer though. Hahahaha, what a piece of shit asshole trailer, Jesus fucking Christ that's so misleading.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

InfamousNaiveDiamondbackrattlesnake-smal

Hey, be my guest. Though didn't you say you only like lighthearted stories? Or at the very least, that you dislike it when stories get really dark. I must warn you, Omori's story is ultra depressing and the tone and themes are fairly grounded in reality, which only makes the depression hit closer to home.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'll be sitting on the sidelines not handed a recommendation, and if offered, I'd politely and resolutely turn it down. 🙂

I don't play games to intentionally get depressed (not to say I don't accidentally stumble into depressive stuff in games where I wasn't expecting it from time to time). If I wanted depression, I could find free ways of inducing it in a couple days tops. It's another reason why "evocative" indie stuff doesn't appeal to me, I expect bittersweetness.

Yeah, that's perfectly understandable. I may occassionally pull the "haha this game is so wholesome" gag, but I don't want to lie to anyone. The game gets difficult to swallow. It's got the best videogame story I've ever seen, bar none, but it's not for everyone.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now I'm bored.

I mean, I know I have my Terraria run on hold but...

Perhaps you could finish Yakuza 0?

Edited by Benice

I should not feel this weary for the amount of work that was done today.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know who is also a Fates Royal, particularly central at that, who can be hurt in gameplay?

...All of them except Hinoka? /s

3 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Swordbreaker is bought from a Wyvern Shigure in the logbook (with Jakob as father) i once had

Shurikenfaire passed down, rest he learned 'naturally'

I did suspect.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh... apparently SSoS is being remade? While at the same time the original is being localized? That's... weird, but hey, far be it from me to judge the Kagaman.

?

Now this is a development I have no idea what to make of. Will it supersede HSoS? Does it make it more worthwhile to wait for VSII then? By what I'm reading it is something the localisers know about. Will it make the localisation of II easier?

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't remember much details, but no, it wasn't taking place in Fire Emblem itself.

smh no Sailor Jugd

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

InfamousNaiveDiamondbackrattlesnake-smal

I rushed to check if it was listed to see if it'd get a demo.

It wasn't listed, which consdiering the date shouldn't surprise me.

(Doesn't look like there's one on Steam either, would have been on board with trying that)

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Will it supersede HSoS? Does it make it more worthwhile to wait for VSII then? By what I'm reading it is something the localisers know about. Will it make the localisation of II easier?

From what i read it will be like HSoS definitive edition or something.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

From what i read it will be like HSoS definitive edition or something.

That word is no longer safe after GTA Trilogy.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I never check serenes front page anymore because all i expect are Gacha news kek

I need to stop having little internal aggression spikes every time a certain Chinese gatcha game appears on a gaming news site. You can't blame the individual employees too much for where they were presumably born, raised, and have to live as powerless ordinary people that they are under the conditions they must obey. 

This said, highly popular gatchas can in theory nefariously occupy a lot of gaming news. The constant updates and banners mean they can have something to report on a very frequent basis. Another reason to dislike them.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's perfectly understandable. I may occassionally pull the "haha this game is so wholesome" gag, but I don't want to lie to anyone. The game gets difficult to swallow. It's got the best videogame story I've ever seen, bar none, but it's not for everyone.

I mean I do wish I was someone who could stomach these heart-wrenching, yet profoundly cathartic experiences, in video games, books, and movies alike. Unfortunately for me, the catharsis I more often find in games, is racking up Many Mindless Musou Murders and watching Flashy Mecha Animations So Long, They'd Leave You Begging For Path of Radiance.

I live a blessedly blissful life, so I'm the furthest thing from loaded with personal suffering on a daily basis. It feels a tad wrong to not partake of any feeling of suffering which many humans have no choice but to feel. I want to sympathize, and try to do so whenever I am in the mood to watch the news and see others' plights through the headlines, but going more intensely than that is too saintly for me. I'm a mediocre soul at best.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So I order some Pizza and go to pick it up, and there are 6 total, and the person at the counter brings then out, and their co worker just stands their wide-eyed, clearly surprised at how much I had haha. Funny moment.

Edited by lightcosmo

Yesterday was hell. God I hate allergies.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, she is a Fates Royal and particularly central at that, so I'd argue she's a lord who can be hurt in gameplay.

Game doesn't game over when she dies which is good enough for me.

...Or does it in classic mode? I don't actually remember.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The two nations have very distinct styles. Even if you're no music expert, it's easy to tell.

Aye, indeed, this is just a question of authenticity. I know Nohr's music is perfectly authentic to the music that it bases itself off of but I'm not as sure with Hoshido. Not that it matters but it is a curious question.

I would've liked Garon. But I'm me.

We've yet to get an actual villain from Fire Emblem into Smash which is interesting.

unironically I think Gangrel would've been a better choice for the second Awakening rep instead of Lucina

One of my friends, who knows nothing about FE, found that scene somehow. I'm not sure how, he doesn't watch or even like anything anime in the slightest. He did know I'm a fan of FE, though, so he immediately questioned me about it.

That was an awkward minute, let me tell you that much.

Big oof.

Well, in the eternal words of Nowi, "She's the boingiest of them all!"

Ugh, had to take another English test for a job application.

Personally, I don't see much need. I already had to take one for a different job application, why can't they just see those results instead of wanting those of a different test. Heck, why is there even a need for a test. You get a better grasp of someone's mastery of a language by simply communicating with them. A test only adds pressure and stress and thus it's easy to screw up.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Reminds me I ordered some pizza last night. It comes from a particular restaurant which makes the thin crust realllllly thin, it's saltine cracker-like and flakey in terms of thickness. Eating a XXL-sized one of those isn't a huge challenge given how thin it is, and yet they still give you a free t-shirt if you manage to devour one by yourself. I used to love it when I was younger, now, the crust isn't the best, it could use more strength, more crunch to it, it's a tad cardboard like, but thankfully tastes better than that. Still, I haven't had it in probably years and it's good to have once in a while, as it is unique.

...And I still have an entire pizza left over from last night in the fridge, I'll heat it up in the oven later. Reheated pizza is a delicacy all on its own.😋🍕

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Game doesn't game over when she dies which is good enough for me.

...Or does it in classic mode? I don't actually remember.

It does not.

Stuff like the Fates royals makes using lord as a term kinda awkward sometimes.

One of my friends, who knows nothing about FE, found that scene somehow. I'm not sure how, he doesn't watch or even like anything anime in the slightest. He did know I'm a fan of FE, though, so he immediately questioned me about it.

That was an awkward minute, let me tell you that much.

I so hate that I cannot call myself a Fire Emblem fan anymore these days. As in, it would be absolutely true but also give the wrong impression. No point in saying a thing if you can already tell it's gonna be misunderstood.

Maybe I should just call myself a Tear Ring Saga fan. That way I can immediately start gushing about the stuff I love without having to properly define how the thing I am talking about is different from that gacha thing with the same name.