• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

But really, one thing I've noted is that when it's pants, they have clear folds and creases, but tights tend to be more solid-looking form-fitting, so to speak, as in, well, tight.

Selena and Soleil's are the latter, while Velouria's is the former.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. You know that I criticized this version of Spidey for relying a lot on technology, on Stark and not really knowing the meaning of “With great power, comes great responsibility”. It was painful to see him uncharacterized in this way, especially coming soon after a movie that nailed Spidey's portrayal. I've posted a video here before, and I'm going to expand on the points that make Spider-Man:

1. Scientific genius at the service of his own journey
  2. Financial difficulties
  3. The big romantic issues (kinda)
  4. The uniform tearing, showing that even with superpowers he is not invincible
  5. Antagonism between media and public opinion
  6. Lone wolf side
  7. Trauma

Especially the trauma. These were the main characteristics of the character envisioned by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko that were absent from the current portrayal of Spider-Man. But I doubted the guys up there would listen to the opinion that some people complain about in an obscure internet forum.

Oh boy, I was wrong.

I wanted to say that I left the theater feeling satisfied because the screenwriters listened to the critics. It's a film that corrects the course of this Spidey in a way that is sensitive and very reverent to the character's history. It's the first time I've felt that the character I know and love is actually on MCU. This film does carry the soul of comics and the quality of the Amazing Spider-Man's adventures. It is the biggest fanservice in the history of cinema and the biggest continuity correction in the history of the seventh art, the culmination of a 20-year history. I'm extremely excited about what the future holds for Tom and his Peter in a way I've never been before.

A love letter, the best Spider-Man movie ever made.

Edited by Awakened_06_

Tomorrow I'm going hiking again. I will utilize the last hours of my final day to play a game.

That game is not Steins;Gate. I am angry with S;G. I have sent it to the corner to think about what it's done. So I'll just produce a few more blood geysers and leave it at that.

2 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

My latest FE3 playthrough is officially done. The last chapter was one of the most stressful things I've done in Fe, with all the weapons swapping I had to do without being able to read the menus.

@Saint Rubenio will be pleased to know Matthis contributed to killing Medeus.

Oh, I almost missed this! Unfortunately you always streamed while I was with my friend, but I am ever so glad to hear that Matthis has been a hero once again.

24 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Slightly unrelated question: Is there a single female Fates character who wears pants?

To add to what the others have said, there's also Beruka, Reina I think wears pants too, Rinkah, Setsuna... Honestly, there's more than you'd think. The problem is that, well, there's also more pantless women than you'd think. There's a healthy mix of both, which isn't great, it'd be better to have more pants than not.

5 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Oh hey, you're back! Clearly it was the conversation about women without pants that summoned you.

5 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

These were the main characteristics of the character envisioned by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko

Rent?

Yes I know that character is named after one of the creators of Spiderman

6 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

A love letter, the best Spider-Man movie ever made.

I am so glad for Spiderman.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To add to what the others have said, there's also Beruka, Reina I think wears pants too, Rinkah, Setsuna... Honestly, there's more than you'd think. The problem is that, well, there's also more pantless women than you'd think. There's a healthy mix of both, which isn't great, it'd be better to have more pants than not.

How can it be both "healthy mix" and "isn't great"?

So CS III just isnt standing out to me in any way (Shrimpy warnings were ignored many times) and the combat is just... Bland. I dunno why, but it just feels sluggish overall. Difficulty not included in this opinion. Im not near done yet but I wanted to get that out there. (And admit Shrimpy was right)

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So CS III just isnt standing out to me in any way (Shrimpy warnings were ignored many times) and the combat is just... Bland. I dunno why, but it just feels sluggish overall. Difficulty not included in this opinion. Im not near done yet but I wanted to get that out there. (And admit Shrimpy was right)

thanos-meme.gif

In this map of Vandal Hearts, we ambush a patrol party and slaughter them to the last even though they don't even try to fight us.

But it's all right, because they were working for Hel Spites.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How can it be both "healthy mix" and "isn't great"?

It is perfectly possible. You just need to have a healthy mix of theatrics and poor communication skills. Terrible stuff.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Well

lyzWMvW.png

I sure hope they are translating the new version with the QoL and big window instead of the old one

I dunno, the details about the versions were a bit weird. I'm under the impression they already started localizing the old version when Kaga decided to remake the game on a whim. But I don't know for sure.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno, the details about the versions were a bit weird. I'm under the impression they already started localizing the old version when Kaga decided to remake the game on a whim. But I don't know for sure.

I just want the big window honestly lol

Ah, crap! I didn't remember there were mimics in this game! It licked Darius's bald and left him at 1 HP. Phew, that was fortunate.

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I just want the big window honestly lol

Understandable. I did Vestaria in fullscreen, but well... it was crusty fullscreen.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There is this exempt from the Dangen Discord by one of their staff:

"As you may have seen, Vestaria Project are revising and enhancing the second instalment of Vestaria Saga ahead of release! We will be working with them closely in order to ensure the English version is totally up to date and we hope you're all excited to check it out!"

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

There is this exempt from the Dangen Discord by one of their staff:

"As you may have seen, Vestaria Project are revising and enhancing the second instalment of Vestaria Saga ahead of release! We will be working with them closely in order to ensure the English version is totally up to date and we hope you're all excited to check it out!"

Ah.

Well, that does sound good.

Originally marketed in Japan with bottles of tea labeled as “Windia’s Delicious Urine” — the ostensible excreta of Deathsmiles’ central protagonist — one has to wonder what exactly Cave’s aspirations were for this entry in their shoot-em-up canon.

Not how I expect a shump review to begin.🙄

Windia is 13 years of age, of course.

---

I feel alive.

I was tasked with being alone in a room, watching over the foster dog we're caring for (and while I did not oppose the decision to do so, I was not openly for it), for a while. With the dog free of its cage and playpen, I was ever vigilant of the beast, and on the lookout for the nearest toys should it be necessary to distract the creature. Her bites are as cutting as she is cute and energetic, and I have no interest in being eaten alive, unless in desperate measures. Were I to come up with a new name for this adorable pup that hopefully somebody will adopt, it would have to be Emmy (as in Metroid Dread), for she is just as vicious -but in an innocent way.🐶

---

And an observation on Crosscode- the puzzles can bring my brain to a total halt, in a way I haven't seen before. I'm entirely capable of completing 15 Picross puzzles in short succession, but that seems rather unlikely with Xcode. Earlier today I completed a few puzzles, only for my brain to encounter one where it froze, wholly overwhelmed and unable to process it at all. I came back a little later and miraculously with a cleared mind, managed to get it done fairly quickly and easily. Only then for another puzzle further down the line to stand in the way that resulted in the same kind of immediate neural overload.

Why this would be the case, I can only speculate. My present hypothesis is that the puzzles in Xcode are made of only a finite number of components. Yet, the puzzles are of such complexity, and the elements capable of being rearranged differently enough, that it prevents my brain from resting into a singular mindset able to resolve all mental challenges placed before me. By contrast, Picross is exactly the same from puzzle to puzzle, the numbers given in every row and column are different of course, but that is an insignificant change compared to Xcode's. One mindset resolves everything in Picross, my mind has to flex and reshape itself to a degree with each new challenge. In this, Xcode would appear to me to provide a greater cognitive workload, and perhaps maintaining of healthy brain functioning.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hot take if I ever saw one.

The strikethrough, selling organs to buy PoR, use of the phrase "tranquility of the cosmos" and "at any cost", and me knowing your distaste for Nintendo's business decisions, should've all indicated that was a joke. 

Albeit a jest rooted in a smidgen of myself. That being my own tendency to trim back by opinions when encountering more vocal ones both for and against a video game or things in one. If no others have opinions on something, then mine will never be curtailed, what I at first impression found incredibly joyful and inspiring will forever remain so.

But, do not think I would seriously go so far as wanting nobody else to play the old FEs.😆 I also invoking a motivation you sometimes see in video game villains, both in FE and outside it, that being those who want absolute order and silence, which comes at the steep price of practically all freedom, particularly of expression. If you limit access to potential sources of opinions, you inherently curtail expression. Although you might be better off fundamentally rewriting human nature/abolishing humanity if you're that obsessed with tranquility instead. 

Let people have opinions they want on video games specifically, freedom is great. It's me who as to learn to be a little less selflessly sensitive, it's not their fault (but I can't blame myself if they're rude).

And there is a silver lining that the conflicts never end for FE. We couldn't have "Edelgard was -ri*stabbed, shot, chewed by dragon teeth*" if FE died back with Awakening. Can you say the conflicts never end in the Tactics Ogre fanbase? Nope, because it died. I don't think the residual Tactics Ogre fans are happy with this perpetual peace.

Yes, "problems you want to have" are still problems, but I am not someone who would in its present state, say  that Fire Emblem should up and die for good, as a couple fans I have seen would want it.

-Empathy for Shrimpy though, who I could very well see being in agony that they've been stuck with a "zombie franchise" for their former favorite JRPGs. Neither alive nor dead, it stumbles forward, the fetid visage they once knew, now lacking the soul it once had. -In their opinion specifically.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I almost missed this! Unfortunately you always streamed while I was with my friend, but I am ever so glad to hear that Matthis has been a hero once again.

I made a twitch highlight so you can watch me cherry tap Medeus to death. And nearly panic after almost screwing up the chain trading.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The strikethrough, selling organs to buy PoR, use of the phrase "tranquility of the cosmos" and "at any cost", and me knowing your distaste for Nintendo's business decisions, should've all indicated that was a joke. 

None of those elements, or the joking intent for that matter, did anything to cool down the temperature of that take.

Take it back.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there is a silver lining that the conflicts never end for FE. We couldn't have "Edelgard was -ri*stabbed, shot, chewed by dragon teeth*" if FE died back with Awakening. Can you say the conflicts never end in the Tactics Ogre fanbase? Nope, because it died. I don't think the residual Tactics Ogre fans are happy with this perpetual peace.

Yes, "problems you want to have" are still problems, but I am not someone who would in its present state, say  that Fire Emblem should up and die for good, as a couple fans I have seen would want it.

This is true.

And depressing. Let's have a moment of silence for all those dead franchises.

Like, holy shit Vandal Hearts's fanbase is so tiny that the wikia lacks an article for the final playable character. That's how little people care. They can't even complete the wiki. That's like, the basic thing every franchise has! This game is cool, guys, let's at least give Darius a friggin' article!

32 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I made a twitch highlight so you can watch me cherry tap Medeus to death. And nearly panic after almost screwing up the chain trading.

So who got the kill proper?

...Rody? Eh, I'll take it. Rody's cool enough. In the game where he is a character, that is.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Empathy for Shrimpy though, who I could very well see being in agony that they've been stuck with a "zombie franchise" for their former favorite JRPGs. Neither alive nor dead, it stumbles forward, the fetid visage they once knew, now lacking the soul it once had. -In their opinion specifically.

o7

it's the reason honestly why i understand many classic FE fans/elitists so well, even if i don't necessarily agree with them.

Seeing something you loved so much in such a corruped state... it hurts. Really really hurts.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Spoiler

Lechter was supposedly kidding about working with the Noble Faction to kill Osborne… I’m not so sure, game, Lechter’s done the whole kidding about something super serious thing like twice now, here would be the perfect time to drop the plot twist and no one bat an eye!

The game keeps talking about how well everything was going, but then just name dropped Dorothy. Twice! Now is obviously when she’s going to reveal herself as the grandmaster.

Edited by Sooks