Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard a lot about the balance of the Cold Steel games from this thread recently. And not a single good thing about it.

But don’t you have cast quartz? Or do they stack?

Yeah if you wanna enjoy em, play a balance patch or play with severe restrictions overall, either way i guess. Although restrictions would make the game boring af it is an option.

Yeah you do, but you get the m quartz that half cast time and a normal quartz that halves it for X element, plus Cast quartz, spell slinging for days and free wins.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

>skims past the pages when I was away at the time

>see that they were making a favorites list

Hope I'm not too late!

Ktgqd9vm o

I like that CS III nerfed some of the master quartz, but it wasn't nearly enough. And ofc they go through all that trouble only to allow you to equip two of them, not sure where the logic was right there. Those effect % are way too high still, i think.

Also, i fought Campanella and Mcburn... and i didn't realise Campanella used the same trick as luciola to switch your people to target eachother, and i S crafted with 200 CP and a critical bonus... and i had to restart that fight lmao.

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait, there was an S-craft stronger than Wheel of Time? Which one?

I missed this but as Shrimpy said, SMM is stronger by 10 base power: 960 over Wheel of Time's 950, if you wanted to know the gap between the two.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah if you wanna enjoy em, play a balance patch or play with severe restrictions overall, either way i guess. Although restrictions would make the game boring af it is an option.

I mean it's totally possible to enjoy the games without a balance patch.

Proof: literally me.

So @Sooks when you get there, play it normally first and then decide if you want to mod it.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’ve heard a lot about the balance of the Cold Steel games from this thread recently. And not a single good thing about it.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So @Sooks when you get there, play it normally first and then decide if you want to mod it.

Can confirm, played CS1 on Nightmare, went for max AP and found the game to be decently challenging.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So, Sooks, did your cream your fav. Girl yet?

Ü

I’m gonna take a wild guess that this has to do with the intermission from what I’ve read, which I haven’t started, because the power of timezones meant I was sleeping.

According to the power of math, though, I should be able to unlock multiple PC final bonding events in one run by keeping a save and reloading it to use combo crafts, so I’m not exactly sure how I’m going to handle it yet. But I should be able to get Noel + Wazy + Tio + one of Elie/Randy, but probably not both because I’m a master of planning.

Or I’m gonna do what I did in the last game and try to unlock them all but count combo crafts wrong and lock myself into one event and just end up Googling them anyway. But I can’t help myself.

As far as my favorite though, it’s unironically literally Rixia, since the game at least keeps hinting at her being interesting, unlike Mayor’s granddaughter, blue hacker, and the cute one. But the game sure is taking its time to get there.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, yes, but your only statements in favor of this for the gameplay (that I’ve seen, anyway) are something along the lines of “big numbers light up my monke brain”, which is a totally valid opinion, but I don’t think that will happen to me.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, of course, of course! I have to take a side before I consider doing that, it’s just that if I find them absolutely unenjoyable I’m not opposed to a balance patch, instead of forcing myself through them all.

6 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Can confirm, played CS1 on Nightmare, went for max AP and found the game to be decently challenging.

According to @Armagon, it might make a difference in my experience that I played the first two Sky games on hard, and the last one and both of the Crossbell games on nightmare. But we’ll see.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

take a wild guess that this has to do with the intermission from what I’ve rea

get ready for true cringe.

I mean the beach episode was mostly fine and it was a vacation after all the hard stuff so it was ok, but there's a couple of really Yikes cringe moments there.

Especially the cream your girl part

Edited by Father Shrimpas

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

You also never cared for challenge tbh

I mean I do, I just have an aversion to higher difficulties in turn-based RPGs.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

mean, yes, but your only statements in favor of this for the gameplay (that I’ve seen, anyway) are something along the lines of “big numbers light up my monke brain”, which is a totally valid opinion, but I don’t think that will happen to me.

Well here's the thing: while I do enjoy snapping games in half, I've never really been able to do it in the Cold Steel games.

Like I feel like I'm straight-up playing versions of the games from an alternative reality in which they actually are challenging cause Normal mode kicked my ass a few times.

Hell this goes for the entire series really. If Normal mode already kicks my ass, I'll stay away from Nightmare thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If Normal mode already kicks my ass

honestly, how? I can't even imagine how

I know i may sound like a pompus elitist ass, but i seriously have trouble imagining anyone having trouble in CS on Nightmare to see someone having trouble in Normal mode

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

honestly, how? I can't even imagine how

I know i may sound like a pompus elitist ass, but i seriously have trouble imagining anyone having trouble in CS on Nightmare to see someone having trouble in Normal mode

🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Translation: I finally finished Adult Neptune, took a long time but I like the result xD also took Max advantage of the tools and resources I downloaded for Clip Studio Paint, they saved me.

(This isn't a literal translation FYI but it's very accurate to what's being said here).

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean I do, I just have an aversion to higher difficulties in turn-based RPGs.

Trails does it well, because of all the tools it gives the player. That’s what makes them such unique RPGs in general, really.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well here's the thing: while I do enjoy snapping games in half, I've never really been able to do it in the Cold Steel games.

Like I feel like I'm straight-up playing versions of the games from an alternative reality in which they actually are challenging cause Normal mode kicked my ass a few times.

Can’t you just spam all the OP crafts and arts I’m seeing getting posted here?

Only Azure can randomly switch from harem antics to deep characterization with serious music then back to harem antics like that.

Edited by Sooks

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Trails does it well, because of all the tools it gives the player. That’s what makes them such unique RPGs in general, really.

I mean you could say this about a lot of things.

Like I can say Atelier gives you all the tools you need to beat it on Ultimate difficulty or whatever. But my aversion remains so I don't.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Uh… no game, don’t tell me you’re shipping the 14 year old with Lloyd…

Teenager ages just blend in in anime tbh.

Not to mention there's like 2-3 years difference. It's not like Lloyd is 25 or something, he's 16-17.

If there's an aversion to the Tio ship, it's shitty harem systm, not age.

Because if you ask me Tio ship >>>>> Elie Ship

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Not to mention there's like 2-3 years difference. It's not like Lloyd is 25 or something, he's 16-17.

Lloyd is 18 I think but basically, if you wanna apply real-world standards, Tio and Lloyd could realistically meet in highschool. And there are laws that protect couples who meet under that circumstance.

Thank you Transformers: Age of Extinction for teaching me about the Romeo and Juliet law.

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Because if you ask me Tio ship >>>>> Elie Ship

But Elie’s final bonding event in Zero is the only good one!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Lloyd is 18 I think but basically, if you wanna apply real-world standards, Tio and Lloyd could realistically meet in highschool. And there are laws that protect couples who meet under that circumstance.

They could meet in high school… with Tio as a freshman and Lloyd as an upperclassman…

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Thank you Transformers: Age of Extinction for teaching me about the Romeo and Juliet law.

Oh, right, that thing.

I was happier when I didn’t remember that it exists.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And there are laws that protect couples who meet under that circumstance.

thankfully.

Some people will raise hell if 18+1day dates 18-1day in anime (or jp media in general. But not when the same happenns in western media) tho.

Always funny to see their reaction.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Elie’s final bonding event in Zero is the worst one!

ftfy Ü