Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, Rean apologist would be the natural next step for a Garon apologist...

Nope. Garon is funny. Rean is not. He is a literal cardboard cutout harem_protagonist.png and in this game, the “worship” that I’ve heard so much about is so overblown it’s not funny either, just eh.

Like I know you think it will be hilariously bad but I’m 90% sure you will just be bored of this one. Maybe the later entries, but not this game. Not worth your 40 bucks.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another

Do I want to ask?

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Omori Thoughts...

Well well

It's a JRPG, a RPG maker one at that, with some deviations here and there. And it's in these deviations it's strength lies, especially later on, as the JRPG parts are it's weakest parts.

The gameplay is the most standard rpg gameplay you will ever see, aside from the emotion gimmick. It's something i don't mesh with at all, and it makes it a slog to get to the juicy non-gameplay parts. To give credit where credit is due tho, they do manage to mix it will the characterics of your characters and the bosses you face, and some story segments as well. Still, to me, gameplay was boring as sin.

Music was mostly meh, with a cool Track here and there.

Story was cool, and i liked the character banter. However i liked RL parts much much much more than Headspace. While headspace do build Sunny's character, it shouldn't have been nearly as long as it was. When people talk about the good parts of Omori, they usually talk about RL parts, however like 75% of the game takes place in headspace. Which can become a slog if you aren't into the gameplay. 

One thing i wanna say i really liked is how characters actually act their age. Age isn't just number, like in most jrpgs, where 16 feels like 28 and 28 feels like retirement age. These were kids/younglings acting their age with problems. I liked that alot. I think that's what differentiates it the most from other games in the genre.

Also alot of little/small details were pretty cool. Liked that.

I think Omori is something i would've enjoyed more as a VN, or if it had more RL and less dreamspace. Still, i had fun

dunno what to rate it yet, swinging between 6 and 7 hmmm

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

the “worship” that I’ve heard so much about is so overblown it’s not funny either, just eh

you are still at CS1. Just wait until Renne sucks his dick in CS4 and you will laugh, too Ü

Edited by Shrimpresident

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

LMAO WHAT

you liked Another? Pfffffffffft

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Ruben works in mysterious ways.

I watched it when I was like 12. You know, around the same time when I got up to watching School Days.

People die. It's better than all the modern copypaste romcoms. Because people die.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nope. Garon is funny. Rean is not. 

This sentence is so lovely.

Like I know you think it will be hilariously bad but I’m 90% sure you will just be bored of this one. Maybe the later entries, but not this game. Not worth your 40 bucks.

Hahahah he thinks I actually considered buying it.

Do I want to ask?

Final Destination: The anime.

It gave children in the 2000s a crippling fear of umbrellas.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Omori Thoughts

Fair.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

dunno what to rate it yet, swinging between 6 and 7 hmmm

OOF

Well, this is better than it could have been. For some reason I thought you were one of those people who thought that

Spoiler

the twist ruined the game, based on your reactions.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah he thinks I actually considered buying it.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Ruben works in mysterious ways.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

i expected more xD

Well, I disagree, but it's a fair review. I understand your problems and appreciate what you liked. Thanks for sticking with it till the end.

You know. Unlike me with Trails. But I think I redeemed myself by not dropping the shit out of Steins;Gate after the Shower Incident.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

OOF

Well, this is better than it could have been. For some reason I thought you were one of those people who thought that

Reveal hidden contents

the twist ruined the game, based on your reactions.

Had that same fear for a little while, I won't lie.

The Ruben works in mysterious ways

I don't see what's so mysterious about that. I'm not going to buy a game in hopes that it will be bad lol

I don't see what's so mysterious about that. I'm not going to buy a game in hopes that it will be bad lol

You say that like the second part isn’t one of the most Ruben things I’ve ever read.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

you are still at CS1. Just wait until Renne sucks his dick in CS4 and you will laugh, too Ü

You know, knowing Sooks, he'll probably just be like "eh, I've seen worse".

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

the twist ruined the game, based on your reactions

I kinda expected it to be honest. Game has been hinting all the time how 

Spoiler

Basil might not be as innocent as he seems.

Although Sunny murdering Mari was a surprise, that honestly doesn't change much (I did expect him to be responsible for her death in some way, but not like this), and makes sense with how broken he is.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

OOF

Tbf, I do rate games quite harshly. 

And well, while i had fun with the writing, i kinda expected more with all your Kino posts xD

I just feel like, there's something missing with the writing and the world. Don't know how to explain it lol.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sooks, did you not see my millions of warnings that it wasnt Sky? 

''Let's face the Truth, we will never get another Trails in the Sky''

A wisdom many of us should've accepted long ago

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohohohohohoh

Oh if this ends like School Days does Shrimpy will officially be wrong.

Lol, I doubt they'd have the balls XD Though dicksucking definitely is a characteristic applied to Makoto.

I mean, Rean apologist would be the natural next step for a Garon apologist...

Can't wait to see how the chat would blow up if that were to happen XD

Ehhh I dunno, from what I've seen Trails fans can get pretty unreasonable. I mean, even I don't claim Three Houses is "objectively" worse than the rest of FE. Well, except for the visuals and the performance, but that absolutely is something you can gauge objectively.

Hmmm... visuals isn't something I'd say you can gauge objectively that much in and of itself. If you have the same character model and one is rendered more poorly than the other without context, sure, but if you compare FE7 to FE16, how can you be objective about their visual prowess when the medium and style are so different? It only becomes something that is generally appreciated or unappreciated, which is not objective but only a subjective agreeance from the masses. I guess you could objectively determine the amount of work that was put in each for the art department, but even then, some artstyles are minimalistic to give a certain effect and could take less effort than extremely detailed pieces, yet wouldn't be objectively worse. Or someone could take hours to create something that doesn't look typically appealing while another person could take minutes to make art that would be considered amazing. I'm curious. Which criteria do you use to objectively grade visuals on your end?

Ruben: Anime bad.

Also Ruben: You know Another was pretty fun.

Oh, that's right. That anime existed. I didn't hate it, but I kinda forgot it completely after watching episode 1.

Edited by Lorneus

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Considering it angered even Cosmo, the probably most calm person in the thread, i highly doubt that

Edited by Shrimpresident

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Considering it angered even Cosmo, the probably most calm person in the thread, i highly doubt that

On the flip side, Sooks liked Detroit: Become Human. So who knows....

Just now, Armagon said:

Huh, I was always vaguely intrigued about that game, though I never really looked into it. It's that agreeably bad that it's noteworthy to like it? I found the buzz around it died down quickly, as I saw thumbnails for like maybe a month and then nothing ever came my way about it again. Thought I would've seen more about it if it was a disaster, a bit like Cyberpunk and its bugs XD

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

just feel like, there's something missing with the writing and the world. Don't know how to explain it lol.

Nah I getcha, that's how I felt while playing S;G lol.

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Lol, I doubt they'd have the balls XD Though dicksucking definitely is a characteristic of Makoto.

I can't even remember anything about the anime beyond "everyone is a dick, this dude is a rapist and they glossed over it, the ending."

What an ending, though. If only all anime romcoms ended so spectacularly.

Can't wait to see how the chat would blow up if that were to happen XD

Enemyship ended with Armagon

Now Shrimpers is my worst enemy

Hmmm... visuals isn't something I'd say you can gauge objectively that much in and of itself. If you have the same character model and one is rendered more poorly than the other without context, sure, but if you compare FE7 to FE16, how can you be objective about their visual prowess when the medium and style are so different? It only becomes something that is generally appreciated or unappreciated, which is not objective but only a subjective agreeance from the masses. I guess you could objectively determine the amount of work that was put in each for the art department, but even then, some artstyles are minimalistic to give a certain effect and could take less effort than extremely detailed pieces, yet wouldn't be objectively worse. Or someone could take hours to create something that doesn't look typically appealing while another person could take minutes to make art that would be considered amazing. I'm curious. Which criteria do you use to objectively grade visuals on your end?

When I say "visuals" in this case, I mean the fact that Three Houses looks like it could be on the Wii and runs like it were on the PS1. That is something that cannot be denied.

I of course agree that stuff like artstyles is more subjective.

Oh, that's right. That anime existed. I didn't hate it, but I kinda forgot it completely after watching episode 1.

It's mega dumb, but hey. Blood. That makes it better than like, 70% of the animes coming out today.

3 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

I hate snow shoveling

Oof...

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Huh, I was always vaguely intrigued about that game, though I never really looked into it. It's that agreeably bad that it's noteworthy to like it? I found the buzz around it died down quickly, as I saw thumbnails for like maybe a month and then nothing ever came my way about it again. Thought I would've seen more about it if it was a disaster, a bit like Cyberpunk and its bugs XD

Connor route good, the rest bad

Oof...

Whoever thought it was a good idea should be fired

Now I agree with Armagon, Banner Saga too slow

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't even remember anything about the anime beyond "everyone is a dick, this dude is a rapist and they glossed over it, the ending."

What an ending, though. If only all anime romcoms ended so spectacularly.

I saw a very very abridged version with French voiceovers once and quite a few scenes has me go "wait, this happened?". Though the one thing I quite remembered was that Makoto slept with like every female in the entire anime or close to. Hence the quip.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I say "visuals" in this case, I mean the fact that Three Houses looks like it could be on the Wii and runs like it were on the PS1. That is something that cannot be denied.

I of course agree that stuff like artstyles is more subjective.

Aaaah, okay, I get you.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's mega dumb, but hey. Blood. That makes it better than like, 70% of the animes coming out today.

lolol, as if shonen characters didn't have 15x the amount of blood in their body that a normal human would have, splattered all over the universe XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious.

I kinda expected it to be honest. Game has been hinting all the time how 

Hide contents

Basil might not be as innocent as he seems.

Although Sunny murdering Mari was a surprise, that honestly doesn't change much (I did expect him to be responsible for her death in some way, but not like this), and makes sense with how broken he is.

Good!

Tbf, I do rate games quite harshly.

Yeah, Omori was never going to mesh well with a metric that takes points off based on music and gameplay.

And well, while i had fun with the writing, i kinda expected more with all your Kino posts xD

Thank you, thank you.

Spoiler

The way the story is told is masterful, how headspace tells you everything going on inside Sunny, the introduction of the “photo mechanic” and the way it’s used to tell “the truth” is artistic genius, Sunny, Basil and Aubrey are all great characters, the writing is so witty and charming, the twist is phenomenal, absolutely peak fiction, the endings are good, the way the music tells the story is peak usage of music in games and it has fantastic attention to detail. Just to name a few.

Honestly thought you would have liked it more because the way the story is told is incredibly similar to Star Door 15. I got heavy Star Door 15 vibes from it (or the other way around, because I played Omori first), at least.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unironically this part of Cold Steel is duller and written worse than Detroit.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah I getcha, that's how I felt while playing S;G lol.

And here I am, appreciating all of teehee’s games. If 13 Sentinels ends up being kino, maybe I am destined to bring peace to teehee.