• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmm. Got FE7 when I was a kid, jumped to awakening once it got out and truly dove into the fandom with heroes, which gave me the interest to look into the older entries. Sooo... a dislocated baby?

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

There is an inverse relationship between the quality of a Zelda game and the prevalence of its story

Skyward Sword has the best of both, though.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Aw frick parents have opinions on video games now I hate this.

Hey, video games used to be a family event for us! Sacred Stones was the first game I ever played by myself.

Been a while since a Zelda game's come out, though, so the last one we played together was Age of Calamity back in 2020. I'm hoping to play Elden Ring with them when it comes out, but... Well, I don't think it'll be their jam.

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Argh, but you didn't hear that fROM me.

Yes, sire. I shan't admit that I emulate your habits.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Skyward Sword has the best of both, though.

dff0e3a0593dcd5dcbcf8d01c3df8f67--get-a-

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm hoping to play Elden Ring with them when it comes out, but... Well, I don't think it'll be their jam.

Well, I hope y'all have fun with that anyway. Or something else. I don't know.

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

gsvjdWZ.png

IT'S A DAVID CAGE REFERENCE, 0/10 GAME

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, I hope y'all have fun with that anyway. Or something else. I don't know.

Thank you! I do miss playing games as a family, 'specially since I'm more of a gamer now. I'll enjoy ER, at the  very least.

...I may have problems introducing them to Trails or Yakuza, though.

Bet that Trails would be a harder sell.

Nah, it's story-based, so they'd probably like it. I could sabotage it by asking Shrimpy to post all of CS's most cringe moments, but Sky would be fine for 'em, I'd imagine.

Edited by Benice

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not sure if you have some other meaning here other than what's at the surface. But thanks?

Well, when I read "orbital fun" I pictured planets being blown to bits by a laser-firing satelite. So uh, yeah. That it?

It's part of the fact the game is sci-fi. Being able to launch orbital satellites able to provide cities with things like extra food, or instantly transport units across vast portions of the planet, is part of it. And Slavic Federation is the only colonizer organization that gets a bonus towards orbitals b/c Russia's proud cosmonaut legacy from the USSR, might as well exploit it then. Franco-Iberia (as in France + Iberian Peninsula, not the dictator; also in the lore entries is said to contain the entire European Mediterranean and North Africa) for your part of the world, is stuck with a rather weak cultural bonus.

The orbital idea feels like it could've been fleshed out a little more. Other than war, there is simply no reason to expand your satellite network outside of your territory. And another round of refinements would've been nice for everything with this game, as it seems to have been abandoned before it was well and truly finished. -Though getting the game on sale for cheap makes me not mind it quite so much.

Oh, I see.

Too bad about the lack of lasers...

And, I can write down... 31 pages of size 11 font with 1.2 line spacing of possible ideas and explanations for what I could envision adding or changing about CivBE, most of it written before I actually played the game (I was really curious), and now in need of practical and significant revision. This, despite having no intentions to have mod the game into said detailed vision, nor having the talents necessary to do so. I'm weird.

Hey, we've seen weirder things.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

I was 14 when I joined the forums.

How has it already been two years?

I've been here a while, but I am not 16.

I can't say I miss being 16, though. I was a horny dumbass when I was 16. Now I am... well a horny dumbass, but slightly less so.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I like how you’re just assuming I have Kaga Shrimp lying around.

I actually don’t, though. Sorry. You could always just make Kaga Shrimp again, it was only one image on top of another.

Dang it, Sooks! You've failed me! Now I can't get to watch Shrimpy's take on Kaga calling Maeda an atheist!

13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Piracy is justice. I mean, uh...

Argh, but you didn't hear that fROM me.

Anonymous, no! You're supposed to set an example for the young'uns of the forum! They're at that delicate age where they emulate the behaviors they perceive!

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

DAMNIT beat me to the punch.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

it'll be two years on here for me in April 

ah, the early days when I was but a Fateswakening baby in the fandom

Once a Fatesawakening baby, always a Fatesawakening baby. You atheist

- Elitists probably.

Anyway, FE7 normie here. Though I never looked back after I first played Bors Emblem.

IT'S A DAVID CAGE REFERENCE, 0/10 GAME

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

I learned of FE through nuzlocking actually, because of an LP someone did of BS. Then I played BS and SS before I got Awakening with my 3DS and kept going from there (SD, BB, NMotE, Genealogy/Thracia, Fates (Gaiden between BR and the other two), SoV, Tellius, 3H, with MotE I and attempts at II and SDatBoL in between.)

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Season 7 Legends Of Bikini Bottom: The Curse Of The Hex GIF by SpongeBob  SquarePants - Find & Share on GIPHY

(Why is it so hard to find a titter gif that isn't dirty mouthed?)

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dang it, Sooks! You've failed me! Now I can't get to watch Shrimpy's take on Kaga calling Maeda an atheist!

Why is it my job to have Shrimpy’s meme?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

was a horny dumbass when I was 16.

I wonder if I will age out of horniness.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DAMNIT beat me to the punch.

You'll DolPhinish ahead of me someday, I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Isn't there another great line that the main character has near the end of the game? I don't know since I've never played Heavy Rain, but I seem to recall a part where the main character says something really weird to some lady who walks away.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anonymous, no! You're supposed to set an example for the young'uns of the forum! They're at that delicate age where they emulate the behaviors they perceive!

Oh yes. I know.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Why is it so hard to find a titter gif that isn't dirty mouthed?)

Tittering is an underappreciated act in general.

fUcking NO.

Just now, Benice said:

Wait, pardon me, WHAT?!

I was trying to just find a gif of someone laughing with it.

It kept showing stuff that did not fit the description.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why is it my job to have Shrimpy’s meme?

You were chosen as the Caretaker by the spy kangaroo. Such is the choice of Stained Passage.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, if I'm anything to go by, you've got a minimum of 8 years to go.

You'll DolPhinish ahead of me someday, I'm sure.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't keep up with your puns. They are too much.

Isn't there another great line that the main character has near the end of the game? I don't know since I've never played Heavy Rain, but I seem to recall a part where the main character says something really weird to some lady who walks away.

"Character says something really weird" is the entire game, you'll have to narrow it down more than that.

fUcking NO.

Well that's a bummer.

Just now, Dayni said:

I was trying to just find a gif of someone laughing with it.

It kept showing stuff that did not fit the description.

I don't know what website you were using, but the discord gif section is cursed.

5 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

He posted something super lewd and had to remove it.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shoot. Armagon posted a lewd? That doesn't seem like him. Too much. You wouldn't lie to me, that's impossible.

It wasn't like, a lewd but it was extremely degenerate. I tagged Ruben and was like "haha this video will put Ruben in cardiac arrest" but then on my way to work, i realized it was too degenerate even by my standards so i removed it.

It's on YouTube without an age restriction so it's probably not against the rules to post it here but still.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, your the one who reccomended it to me. Xd

I think i remember this but i don't remember if you actually finished.

Anyways enjoy. Atelier Ryza 2 is a perfect sequel imo.

3 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Congrats on finishing Jojolion, man 👍

Yes i know you think the actual ending is bad.

I'll see for myself.

At any rate, it'll probably still be better than the endings to Part 5 and 6.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why did Armagon think for even a second that he should ping me for that?!

I thought it would be funny.

But like i said, i realized it was too degenerate even by my standards.

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

I was 14 when I joined the forums.

How has it already been two years?

I was 17. No wait, i was 16 but i joined in 2017. I had played all the games in the series minus Tellius at the time.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I see.

Too bad about the lack of lasers...

Orbital lasers exist. I haven't deployed one yet, but stronger version looks very powerful based purely on its listed firepower. And there is this.:

Rocktopus-portfolio.jpg

The Rocktopus. I'll need to field a few of these and start a lategame war b/c why not? Capable of moving on the ground normally like any other unit, you have them ascend into orbit safe from almost everything whenever you need them to shoot things.

Just now, Benice said:

I don't know what website you were using, but the discord gif section is cursed.

I was just googling it admittedly, but still. I am not going to ask which discord.

Just now, Armagon said:

It wasn't like, a lewd but it was extremely degenerate. I tagged Ruben and was like "haha this video will put Ruben in cardiac arrest" but then on my way to work, i realized it was too degenerate even by my standards so i removed it.

It's on YouTube without an age restriction so it's probably not against the rules to post it here but still.

I see through you. By pulling this elaborate stunt, you're planning for my morbid curiousity to demand to know more.

It's working. I am now curious.

Just now, Armagon said:

I thought it would be funny.

But like i said, i realized it was too degenerate even by my standards.

Must be pretty bad, then.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Orbital lasers exist.

Woo!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And there is this.:

Rocktopus-portfolio.jpg

The Rocktopus. I'll need to field a few of these and start a lategame war b/c why not? Capable of moving on the ground normally like any other unit, you have them ascend into orbit safe from almost everything whenever you need them to shoot things.

Okay yeah, maybe this thing is more fun than orbital lasers.