Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Let there not be said humanity isn't self-destructive...

No booze for over a decade!?! How the hell did this not cause a anarchy and the death of civilization?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I am at the ending of CS I! Which means my randomiser is now over. It was much more enjoyable the the original game, I can say that much. There were times I had to think of outside the box strats cause either my characters stats were utter garbage, or their quartz locks really had me in a pickle. And of course the totally random crafts made for unique and hilarious setups.

Why do my new headphones have a crest on them?

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Shows you just how insignificant drinking alcohol really is if the world keeps on trucking fine...

Prohibition led to a good deal of criminal acts to keep the taps flowing, so it didn't disappear then either.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Prohibition led to a good deal of criminal acts to keep the taps flowing, so it didn't disappear then either.

It's in strikethrough for a reason.

48 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I am at the ending of CS I! Which means my randomiser is now over. It was much more enjoyable the the original game, I can say that much. There were times I had to think of outside the box strats cause either my characters stats were utter garbage, or their quartz locks really had me in a pickle. And of course the totally random crafts made for unique and hilarious setups.

Didn’t you start like, a couple days ago?

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The system is basically like FFT, but actually balanced.

Aha.

Well, I didn't play FFT, but I did play Tactics Ogre. I bounced off hard because it got really boring. So uh... yeah. Not exactly the most exciting endorsement here.

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

…To think that the people of my country had to live through such a dark age, it makes me shiver just thinking about it.

A8CCDA1E-EDA0-4C67-9B72-E48F49455CEB.jpeg

War? Women fighting? Barrel abuse? What's your point here, old timer?

Ohhh right, it's the country's flag on the shield. Yeah, I too hate patriotism.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Shows you just how insignificant drinking alcohol really is if the world keeps on trucking fine...

Until someone hops on their car after one too many drinks, murders someone, and that someone's world comes to an end. Then it's kind of a problem.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The best part is laying it out knowing the enemies will move into the spell's range, hahaha.

Huh. That's interesting. You're still in the really early parts, aren't you? Because in my experience, there were exactly zero situations in which the positioning system mattered at all. Spells had wide enough areas that they always hit everyone, regular attacks had the characters moving automatically towards the enemies, S-breaks covered the entire field, my characters couldn't move freely... Overall, the board seemed to have no impact whatsoever, and battles just played like in every other generic JRPG. Spam best magic, heal when health low, rinse and repeat until I get too bored to continue.

Tell me, what difficulty are you playing on? Just out of curiosity. Perhaps that was the issue here.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Didn’t you start like, a couple days ago?

Yeah, why? Game is short af when you speed through cutscenes. (I.E. turbo mode + inheret FF function.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aha.

Well, I didn't play FFT, but I did play Tactics Ogre. I bounced off hard because it got really boring. So uh... yeah. Not exactly the most exciting endorsement here.

Right, I forgot you have poor taste.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Until someone hops on their car after one too many drinks, murders someone, and that someone's world comes to an end. Then it's kind of a problem.

Huh. That's interesting. You're still in the really early parts, aren't you? Because in my experience, there were exactly zero situations in which the positioning system mattered at all. Spells had wide enough areas that they always hit everyone, regular attacks had the characters moving automatically towards the enemies, S-breaks covered the entire field, my characters couldn't move freely... Overall, the board seemed to have no impact whatsoever, and battles just played like in every other generic JRPG. Spam best magic, heal when health low, rinse and repeat until I get too bored to continue.

Tell me, what difficulty are you playing on? Just out of curiosity. Perhaps that was the issue here.

It was a joke referring to the Prohibition Era of the US, referring to Wraith's comment that the alcohol prohibition didn't unleashed Hell on Earth.

Only if they cluster, otherwise I've yet to see a spell with an AoE large enough. I don't see how it plays like a JRPG when it's actually a SRPG.

Normal. I take it you did the same.

Goodbye Morioh-cho

Screenshot_6257.png?width=190&height=431

I am now 100% caught up with the entirety of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

06 was cappin' when he said this Part was mid.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ehvdx7j.jpg

This one always got a chuckle out of me.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, why? Game is short af when you speed through cutscenes. (I.E. turbo mode + inheret FF function.

I guess if you skip all the story, yeah.

Wait, there’s an inherent fast forward function?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Only if they cluster, otherwise I've yet to see a spell with an AoE large enough. I don't see how it plays like a JRPG when it's actually a SRPG.

Eventually you’ll get spells that target the entire battlefield. I’m not sure they’re in FC, but they’re definitely in SC.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, there’s an inherent fast forward function?

Yeah, hold down the "cancel" button (for PS4 settings, it starts on O) and after a bit you'll see the arrows in the bottom left hand corner to show that its FFing. (This only applies to scenes, btw)

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, hold down the "cancel" button (for PS4 settings, it starts on O) and after a bit you'll see the arrows in the bottom left hand corner to show that its FFing. (This only applies to scenes, btw)

Ohhh, that thing! Yes, that’s a god send sometimes.

"I've only known Renne for a day and a half, but if anything happened to her, I would kill everyone in this room and then myself." -Estelle Bright, probably

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

What is it with this series and giant demon penguins...?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TF2 updates losing steam because of the spaghetti code and the way Valve works is understandable to some extent. Game's ancient, at some point you have to expect that it won't be taken care of as well as it once was.

But this? This I don't get. Why wouldn't they finish the comic? They stand to lose nothing from it. Leaving it there is just cruel.

No idea, most of the comics only had four people working on them. If it had a dozen people working on it then maybe there would be production issues, but is Valve just not paying anyone? Or is nobody motivated to finish it? Maybe someday one of the writers will reveal what the ending would've been... hopefully.

27 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Right, I forgot you have poor taste.

Ha ha ha.

Very funny.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It was a joke referring to the Prohibition Era of the US, referring to Wraith's comment that the alcohol prohibition didn't unleashed Hell on Earth.

Oh, so that's what that was referring to. Everything flew over my head, sorry.

Only if they cluster, otherwise I've yet to see a spell with an AoE large enough.

Odd. That wasn't my experience at all.

I don't see how it plays like a JRPG when it's actually a SRPG.

What? It played like a JRPG for me. None of the original mechanics had any impact, thus battles became as mindless and repetitive as in any generic JRPG.

Normal. I take it you did the same.

I don't understand anything. We're both talking about Trials here, aren't we?

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

No idea, most of the comics only had four people working on them. If it had a dozen people working on it then maybe there would be production issues, but is Valve just not paying anyone? Or is nobody motivated to finish it? Maybe someday one of the writers will reveal what the ending would've been... hopefully

Sheesh, what a sad state of affairs for this game I love so much...