• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In Xenoblade X, we get one glimpse of Samaarian ships, said to have originated from another dimension. These ships look a lot like Abel's Ark because of course.

latest.png?width=811&height=432

Where was this shown??? I do not remember this at all. Maybe I should finish my second run of XCX.

Geez, "another plane" is very unambiguous. So much for the Samaarian mystery. -At least we have few other enigmas to live on.

Maybe Takahashi should stop being so repetitive. Predicting every story beat shortly after the game is first revealed seven months before release kills the fun. I want surprises.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Starting in March tho, i'll be switching to the Xenoblade 3 party members, one character per month up until release. A nice way to count down, i think.

I don't think I would ever be able to do anything like that. I'd see these faces too much, and I would always be wary, thinking that I'm using the image of someone I may end up disliking  or find boring once I actually play the game. -But such is your faith in Monolith that you couldn't believe that would be possible.

This said, when XCX2 finally happens, I'll still do an avi swap. But I'll play it safer and go with official Orphean artwork, something I know I like and relevant for the moment. *Sigh* X2 will hopefully offer a great chance to see how a few months at most after the story of X1, the various characters playable and NPC alike will have subtly changed. The sidequests have the opportunity to really knock it out of the park if they figure out how to write good continuity for some of the old quest stories.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It did contribute, alongside what I saw in this demo.

I wonder if it might deviate from events in the first demo though, you'd suspect probably not but if it does I'm curious how much so.

I’m not considering a possible deviation, it’s more so that if I end up presented with the same we were in the demo, I’m 100% sure what I’d go with there, which is very much against one nation, so I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to be nice to that one, while I could guarantee the other as an ally, or if being nice to them would ultimately help us when we fight against them later.

Edited by Sooks

41 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Cosmo, why not try Ys?

You have a Ys origin Demo on steam, if you want some classic Falcom goodness, forget all that new stuff^^

You even have Ys 9 Demo to test modern Ys, but beware the mid boss music.

I own YS 8 already. 

But why would I do that when I can rant about CS some more? 

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Starting in March tho, i'll be switching to the Xenoblade 3 party members, one character per month up until release. A nice way to count down, i think.

Maybe I can switch to who will be XC3's greatest character:

Juju_pic.png

Samaar is one of Xenoblade X's great unresolved mysteries so you could tie it in. I know Takahashi is that big brained.

Well yes, that was the kind of conspiracy theory I was talking about. I'd rather they be kept separate but who knows what will happen.

Which then brings in the question of Melia and Nia's motives. They might see Ouroboros (i'm still assuming this is the name of our party) as a threat because, as noble as Ouroboros' intentions probably are, it's too big of a risk to take in Melia and Nia's eyes. They probably don't want the war to keep going but it's something that consistently keeps the world stable, as opposed to whatever plan Ouroboros has, which might save everyone but is incredibly risky.

Again, speculation.

"Some of you may die, but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make." -M/N, probably

I won't bother speculating much of the plot, but I expect the Conduit to be involved somehow.

Spoiler

Likewise, Alvis and Pneuma as the remaining Trinity Processor cores should come back as well, but I don't want there to be too many returning characters otherwise.

Also, the Fog King or something like it should be involved somehow, to explain what it was doing in Future Connected.

Lastly, why have we only seen two Nopon? It's because the Nopon of the two universes ditched Keves and Agnes and formed their own nation, led by Queen Poppi.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Juju_pic.png

pcCNnLI.png

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Lastly, why have we only seen two Nopon? It's because the Nopon of the two universes ditched Keves and Agnes and formed their own nation, led by Queen Poppi.

I wouldn't be even surprised lol

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Where was this shown??? I do not remember this at all.

Final chapter.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe Takahashi should stop being so repetitive. Predicting every story beat shortly after the game is first revealed seven months before release kills the fun. I want surprises.

Jokes aside, we are in Episode 6 territory,  which is uncharted waters as far as this series goes. No Xeno game has been an adaptation of Episode 6 and it's the one Episode of Perfect Works we know nothing about.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But such is your faith in Monolith that you couldn't believe that would be possible.

I mean, there is the possibility, however slight.

But Monolith Soft has long proven themselves capable. 

26 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Typical japanese writer: Loli Heroine

Takahashi: Shota Hero

Well it's just Rex so far. Fei, Shulk and presumably Noah are 18.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aren't Elly and Fei about the same age? Or is it actually stated who is the older of the two...

They are yes but Xenogears treats Fei as the protagonist and Elly as the deu-protagonist. It's not an equal thing like Xenosaga, Xenoblade 2/Torna and 3.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I'd rather they be kept separate but who knows what will happen.

They probably will. Takahashi had no mention of X in his statement.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, the Fog King or something like it should be involved somehow, to explain what it was doing in Future Connected

Fogbeast particles resemble those in the logo too.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's because the Nopon of the two universes ditched Keves and Agnes and formed their own nation, led by Queen Poppi.

Keeves and Agnus: *bloody war*

Nopon nation: 

Jokes aside, the Nopon we have seen, the blue one is wearing Keeves clothing while the pink one is wearing Agnus clothing. It'll be interesting to see how the Nopon react, given that they seem to be the onl race that exists on both sides.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They probably will. Takahashi had no mention of X in his statement.

I've long given in to the possibly of XCX being in the same transdimensional timeline as XC and it wouldn't faze me one bit at this point. Tying the less popular to the popular is something I can see happening.

Keeping XCX wholly separate outside of the Land of Challenge would be appreciable as a sign of narrative restrain. And it would keep things fresh as well. At some point, you know they didn't plan everything in advance, and it ends up feeling like ties to what came before were contrived.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They are yes but Xenogears treats Fei as the protagonist and Elly as the deu-protagonist. It's not an equal thing like Xenosaga, Xenoblade 2/Torna and 3.

Fei also has that weird take on the Oedipus complex. So Elly is technically younger, yet technically older at the same time.

"Deuteragonist" is a word BTW. Not commonly used, but it's a word.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220213_200721.jpg

Nia when she executes Order 66 in Xenoblade 3.

Today, you joke. Seven months from now, you cry when she dies. Letting her live b/c XC2 nostalgia isn't good enough to justify keeping her alive, the past should not shackle the present. I want her dead.😄 Your family is waiting Melly!😉

IMG_20220213_201728.jpg

Idk how this happened. I didn't even open the door to him, guess one of the AoE attacks i used on the vangs outside hit him and started this.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Deuteragonist" is a word BTW. Not commonly used, but it's a word.

Yeah that's the word i was going for. But i couldn't spell it haha.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Letting her live b/c XC2 nostalgia isn't good enough to justify keeping her alive, the past should not shackle the present. I want her dead.😄 Your family is waiting Melly!😉

Jokes aside, i would not be surprised if they do yearn for the sweet release of death.

....that convo towards the end of Xenoblade 2 is gonna be a lot more relevant isn't it?

Edited by Armagon