• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, Skywalker Saga comes out today?

Indeed it does. My preorder is paid in full. Though the Gamestop right next door to the store i work at opens at the same time i clock in today but maybe my manager will let me go pick it up. Store's like honestly sleep-inducicngly slow in the mornings and early afternoons.

Although if the owner is there today, i'm fucked and i wouldn't be able to get my copy until after i clock out.

gsdx-20220405090009.png

Late mornin'! 

I'm just plowing along with OGs2. Already at the first of the short route splits. This game tastes like cookie butter to me, it is pure processed sugar and sweetness that appeals to none but the most juvenile of palates, but it sure is delicious.😋 I could have it done by mid-month easy. Amazing how it feels when my brain is actually totally absorbed in a game, no real gripes, no nothing but enjoyment.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Gregor's Gregorness makes him immune to Tharja's dark magic. For no reason. He's just too old for his organism to comprehend silly youngster hexes or something, so they bounce off of him.

I can't. I can't with this guy. Seriously, I love this man so much. In the 10 games with Garon and Gangrel as the protagonists, I want Gregor to be the third protagonist. Then it will really be the League of Gs!

51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, Skywalker Saga comes out today?

So it does.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Indeed it does. My preorder is paid in full.

Oh, you preordered it? That's neat. I've been debating whether or not to do that, actually. I always preach against pre-ordering, but when there's a game that I seriously look forward to, I always contemplate the possibility. After all, I'm going to get it either way, right?

Eh, but in the end, I think I've decided against it. I wish to see what other people's experiences on PC are like, and I've got Awakening to keep me going in the meantime. I don't care enough about the trooper pack to want early access to it.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though the Gamestop right next door to the store i work at opens at the same time i clock in today but maybe my manager will let me go pick it up. Store's like honestly sleep-inducicngly slow in the mornings and early afternoons.

Although if the owner is there today, i'm fucked and i wouldn't be able to get my copy until after i clock out.

O

O

F

Well, fuck. I'm ashamed of myself. You know what I said earlier, about not wanting to pre-order because I wanted to see if the PC version works well?

I checked out the trooper pack online and I saw there's a flamethrower. And then I was convinced. So though it hurts to admit it, I have pre-ordered. Y'know, little over an hour before it comes out lol. Just so I can get the flamethrower.

Ah, well. It's not the most impulsive purchase I've made in my life. I've checked enough gameplay to know I was 100% going to get it in a couple of days if not today, and the one and only concern I have is performance on PC. I have two hours to refund if it's unplayably bad.

Still. Pre-ordering dumb. Just because I'm weak doesn't mean pre-ordering is any less dumb. Don't be like me, guys. Be like Gregor. Gregor wouldn't pre-order.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

All right, done. It wasn't so hard after all. A thief ran off with the arms scroll, which sucks, but I got a large bullion! That's awesome. The mod is so stingy with the money.

Anyway, Sumia is one-rounding things now, so I don't think I can keep bullying her. I must find a new target. Nowi would work fine. She's completely useless, gets killed by everything in one round and she's Nowi on top of all that.

Gregor has 17 defense. He's my sturdiest unit right now.

I guess that's how you can tell this isn't vanilla Awakening, haha.

Anyway, Gregor good. Again. I know, I'm like a, how you say, broader restroom?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And that's how you then get an OP Nowi...

I'd probably still use Nah instead.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How?

I have no idea. It just happened. She up and decided to get strength, and then I gave her an energy drop to seal the deal.

Honestly, the real problem now is Cordelia. Cordelia is just Sumia but shittier in every relevant aspect now. Still, I want to try and get her married to Miles Pervworth, if at all possible.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ayyyy, the creator of the Rebalance mod listened to me and unlocked the spotpass paralogues in his mod! Gangrel is good as mine!

554db55169d6068f9d7fd0c7772e8671.thumb.jpg.bb22e692b60d0ca97fa10831a1fcda1c.jpg

The dream lives on!

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Divine Decree is so good. I don't care what anyone says, this is the best song in this game.

Have ye heard Conquest or "You have power like mine" yet? Those are my two personal favorites. Devine Decree is fantastic though.

There he is. The man, the myth, the legend. Mustafa. FE's answer to TRS's Barbarossa, who is similarly a sympathetic boss of only one map. Barbarossa has a couple more scenes to give you more time to like him, interactions with major characters of Canaan, an absolutely badass send-off, his death is felt in the long-term mostly due to Stephanie and his design is incredible. But Mustafa is bald, which evens out the scales.

Let's go beat him up. Also, the rain makes magic lag battles out even more. I really don't get why this happens in this game and not in Fates.

...Well, actually, I do get why. Fates doesn't have a billion golden circles that appear every single time someone casts a spell. They are murder on the emulator. Ah, but it's okay. No big deal.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What are your pairing prospects again?

Miriel x Barlowe and Vaike x Sully are already done.

Chrom x Maribelle will happen automatically soon enough, she's the only one who has reached further than C with him.

Gregor x Tharja, Cordelia x Miles, Sumia x Frederick and Libra x Jail are in progress. Sumia specifically, I want to marry fast, because Fred is becoming more and more mundane by the day and I want other people in the team.

I intended to do Panne x Kellam, but someone needed to go to make room for all the people that have been joining. Panne had her run, she can sit this one out and let others have a chance to shine.

Lissa will go solo because I cannot be arsed.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

554db55169d6068f9d7fd0c7772e8671.thumb.jpg.bb22e692b60d0ca97fa10831a1fcda1c.jpg

"I will jump off a cliff and dive into your heart."

The dream lives on!

That and I'll get to duel my own team! Honestly, that just sounds so cool, I'm so glad I'll get to see that map.

Have ye heard Conquest or "You have power like mine" yet? Those are my two personal favorites. Devine Decree is fantastic though.

I may've, but the only songs that I recognize by name are Divine Decree, Id (Purpose) and Id (Hope). You'll have to send me links of those.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Miriel x Barlowe and Vaike x Sully are already done.

Chrom x Maribelle will happen automatically soon enough, she's the only one who has reached further than C with him.

Gregor x Tharja, Cordelia x Miles, Sumia x Frederick and Libra x Jail are in progress. Sumia specifically, I want to marry fast, because Fred is becoming more and more mundane by the day and I want other people in the team.

I intended to do Panne x Kellam, but someone needed to go to make room for all the people that have been joining. Panne had her run, she can sit this one out and let others have a chance to shine.

I see.

Planning to use any of the kids?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"I will jump off a cliff and dive into your heart."

It's like a guilty pleasure ship, you know? If there's any partner to save Gangrel from his self-loathing, it's Emmeryn.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That and I'll get to duel my own team! Honestly, that just sounds so cool, I'm so glad I'll get to see that map.

You could go for the strategy that the others suggested but I recommend doing as it was intended with your main party as it makes things far more interesting.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I may've, but the only songs that I recognize by name are Divine Decree, Id (Purpose) and Id (Hope). You'll have to send me links of those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S120QkH3Wq8&t=5s&ab_channel=ZXApocrypha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOBZvZTCOM4&ab_channel=EirianOdalis

Here you are, two fresh links for the two best songs in Awakening (In my opinion)

Okay, I'll give one point to Mustafa over his TRS predecessor, however - the music. "Don't speak her name" is a far better emotional track than what Barb got. In fact, for being arguably the toughest map in TearRing Saga and one of the most important battles of the war at large, Barbarossa's battle got a pretty generic midgame track.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I see.

Planning to use any of the kids?

Brady and Laurent for sure.

Kjelle, probably. I do need a knight, and Kellam was too awful to keep bringing along.

Noire, probably. Redhead green archer girl is as we know my type, and thanks to Gregor, she'll fit the bill. And I'm under the impression that she makes mad anime faces, which is another thing I've always had a soft spot for.

Nah, maybe. Not too sure if I need a dragon that much. But if I do, it's proooobably going to be her. Probably.

Wonder Trio is a hard no. I want to get to know this game's cast now that they're not all dead. Those three had their game. Not to mention I don't even care much about them there...

The rest are varying degrees of indifference.

It's like a guilty pleasure ship, you know? If there's any partner to save Gangrel from his self-loathing, it's Emmeryn.

A match made in heaven.

Literally.

Because they're both dead.

You could go for the strategy that the others suggested but I recommend doing as it was intended with your main party as it makes things far more interesting.

Pshaw! Underhanded tactics have no place on the field when the Peerless Tactician is around. Besides, this way I get to beat up Sumia!

Ayyy, that's the theme of Gotoh being an asshole from Archanea! Nice throwback, I agree with @twilitfalchion. And that's the one that shows up in Fates, I see. Neat. Still, Divine Decree better.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wonder Trio is a hard no. I want to get to know this game's cast now that they're not all dead. Those three had their game. Not to mention I don't even care much about them there...

I recommend looking at Inigo and Owain's conversation in the Harvest Scramble on youtube then, helps you think about their situation.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A match made in heaven.

Literally.

Because they're both dead.

Give me a sitcom where Emmeryn and Gangrel awkwardly meet in the afterlife while all the interesting plot in Awakening is happening.

I'd say, in the situations where I'm not pairing up Chrom and Sumia (and neither her with Robin for that matter), my go-to tends to be Henry. Mostly since their supports are very amusing... but also since there's viability in a Magically inclined Cynthia, specially if you go Dark Flier for her. Tomes and Shocksticks.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I recommend looking at Inigo and Owain's conversation in the Harvest Scramble on youtube then, helps you think about their situation.

Duly noted.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Give me a sitcom where Emmeryn and Gangrel awkwardly meet in the afterlife while all the interesting plot in Awakening is happening.

"...So uh... You've any idea who the conqueror in the red armor is supposed to be?"

"He's the whole reason I wanted the Fire Emblem! He's why I wanted to conquer the continent! We needed to be united to face him! And now he's going to destroy Plegia and Ylisse both, thanks to you and your brother!"

"...You could've just told me. We could've opposed him together."

"Oh, pish posh. The way you are, you would've tried talking to HIM."

"Of course I would have! Perhaps I could've convinced him to leave without bloodshed..."

"Come now. He'd never have listened to you."

"Like your troops didn't listen to me?"

"...Touché."

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, in the situations where I'm not pairing up Chrom and Sumia (and neither her with Robin for that matter), my go-to tends to be Henry. Mostly since their supports are very amusing... but also since there's viability in a Magically inclined Cynthia, specially if you go Dark Flier for her. Tomes and Shocksticks.

...Oho...

You know what? That's an excellent idea, actually. I'm changing my mind, I'm going to follow your suggestion.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unrelated, but I'm not seeing much of Henry here, hmm?