Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's an enemy phase battle theme, though.

Unless... Wait, was Shrimpy's video also that?

Oh. Wow... goes to show how many times I actually saw a battle in PoR lololololol

Yeah, it's about battle themes, but... maybe it actually is used as an enemy phase theme somewhere?

I mean, that kind of thing is not too uncommon in the series. Like how the overworld theme suddenly plays as the map theme when retaking Razelia. Or when Berwick's crisis theme is used as a boss theme several times.

...plus, technically every piece of music in the game can be used as an enemy phase theme in VS mode.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nooooo don't say things like that.

No no, it’s not that, don’t worry.

It’s funny because it’s the opposite of that. Like, literally the entire point of the anime is that that doesn’t happen.

Ahh.

You had me till romance.

But… the romance is good…

Doing what intentionally? I swear to God, I've never in my life seen this anime. If my statement applied to Your Lie in April, that speaks more to anime romance's predictability than my knowledge of it.

I’m not reacting like this because you’re predicting what happens, if that’s what you’re thinking.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

lol

Was it? I wasn’t exactly on the internet when it aired.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No no, it’s not that, don’t worry.

It’s funny because it’s the opposite of that. Like, literally the entire point of the anime is that that doesn’t happen.

Somehow, I am disappointed.

But… the romance is good…

Anime romance is like seeds. You must salt the earth before it sprouts.

I’m not reacting like this because you’re predicting what happens, if that’s what you’re thinking.

You're only saying that because you don't want to spoil me, but I see through your tricks. Clearly I am Nostradamus 2: Electric Boogaloo. I predict everything. Tomorrow, somewhere in the world, it will rain!

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

it was very popular for a few years iirc

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, that's an anime off the list of animes I want to watch. TAtS is an instant skip.

The list is now looking like this:

•  

Well, that's an anime off the list of animes I want to watch. TAtS is an instant skip.

Steins;Gate was not only TatS, but also TatD

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Steins;Gate was not only TatS, but also TatD

Trendy Anime of the Day? It was only trendy for one day? Weak, Okarin. Weak.

Well, of course. Okarin brings weebs and sane people together with his Okarinness. Okarin united the fanbase. He may've even saved the franchise.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Somehow, I am disappointed.

But… that character growth is what makes it so good!

Anime romance is like seeds. You must salt the earth before it sprouts.

But…

You're only saying that because you don't want to spoil me, but I see through your tricks. Clearly I am Nostradamus 2: Electric Boogaloo. I predict everything. Tomorrow, somewhere in the world, it will rain!

I mean, yeah. I could spoil the entire thing for you if I wanted.

•  

But, if something is popular, isn’t it popular for a reason? I don’t understand the logic here.

Trendy Anime of the Day? It was only trendy for one day? Weak, Okarin. Weak.

*Decade xD

Well, of course. Okarin brings weebs and sane people together with his Okarinness. Okarin united the fanbase. He may've even saved the franchise.

okabe-rintaro.gif

So when are we getting Okarin style lord for FE?

JOymR5v.png
This is gonna be fun…

Also, does Makalov also have some genius character motivation and writing to justify the fact that I’m supposed to sympathize with him after knowing that he’s working with these people? Who are hunting laguz to “sell” them? It’s not a great look.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

does Makalov also have some genius character motivation and writing to justify the fact that I’m supposed to sympathize with him after knowing that he’s working with these people?

Lol no

He is one of the worst FE characters series wide lol.

Well, he isn't badly written, but he's a shithead

It's kinda funny how Berwick ditched the concept of an enemy battle entirely, considering it's the only game where the attacker actually has the advantage. I mean, despite this it's not entirely impossible to make the attacker pay dearly for initiating combat, but those options are limited. So the vast majority of fights the CPU initiates will put you in a worse spot then you were before.

Edited by BrightBow

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But… that character growth is what makes it so good!

Okay, I'll take that into account.

But…

No buts. Anime romance bad. Because I said so.

I mean, yeah. I could spoil the entire thing for you if I wanted.

Dew it.

...Okay, don't dew it-- but I demand that you spoil the final letter of the very last word spoken in the anime. From there, I will derive the rest of the plot.

But, if something is popular, isn’t it popular for a reason? I don’t understand the logic here.

People are always wrong, unlike me.

JOymR5v.png
This is gonna be fun…

They're gonna come here and get into arguments about lolis.

Also, does Makalov also have some genius character motivation and writing to justify the fact that I’m supposed to sympathize with him after knowing that he’s working with these people?

No.

Who are hunting laguz to “sell” them? It’s not a great look.

It's only going to get worse.

Just now, BrightBow said:

It's kinda funny how Berwick ditched the concept of an enemy battle entirely, considering it's the only game where the attacker actually has the advantage. I mean, despite this it's not entirely impossible to make the attacker pay dearly for initiating combat, but the vast majority of fights the CPU initiates will put you in a worse spot then you were before.

I do wish there had been an enemy battle theme. Or at least that the battle theme had changed throughout the game. The battle theme is glorious in a vacuum, but after the entire game it gets a bit old.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Lol no

He is one of the worst FE characters series wide lol.

Well, he isn't badly written, but he's a shithead

In principle I like him. Nice to have another vice-laden character on board in the big old army. Since when was there a military of any size in the world without a racist or a petty wastrel? Like Shinon, Make A Love keeps Tellius from having a too goody-good army. And in way that is more realistic than someone like Peri.

I also like his Astrid support chain in principle, due to how it gets modified if you send Marcia to the great cracker barrel in the sky. Supports with any measure of variable script is a nice touch.

Now, do I want to hug Makalov? No, not at all. I don't like him as a person. But as part of a greater whole, yes I do.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I do wish there had been an enemy battle theme. Or at least that the battle theme had changed throughout the game. The battle theme is glorious in a vacuum, but after the entire game it gets a bit old.

Should have just kept playing the map theme throughout any non-mini boss battles. They are pretty amazing.

Plus, a lot of them just don't mesh well with the combat theme anyway. Like every time Clouds of War plays.

It provides a really somber atmosphere that does not respond well to being constantly interrupted by... well, you know...

Guess that's one reason why the default setting has animations play only during mini-bosses and boss battles.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In principle I like him. Nice to have another vice-laden character on board in the big old army. Since when was there a military of any size in the world without a racist or a petty wastrel? Like Shinon, Make A Love keeps Tellius from having a too goody-good army. And in way that is more realistic than someone like Peri.

I also like his Astrid support chain in principle, due to how it gets modified if you send Marcia to the great cracker barrel in the sky. Supports with any measure of variable script is a nice touch.

Now, do I want to hug Makalov? No, not at all. I don't like him as a person. But as part of a greater whole, yes I do.

yeah basically how i feel.

I just wish he didn't drag Astrid down in RD like he did.

Is it realistic? Yes, love makes blind and all. Do i like it? no xD

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

•  

Add Monster you coward

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's the thing, he's written fine enough for a piece of shit. Least I'm mad at him because he makes sense, unlike.... certain other beings who I wish not to mention.

I wasn't fond of that support when reading it though.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I just wish he didn't drag Astrid down in RD like he did.

Least you can pretend they broke up if they weren't supported together while she rises in standing

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No buts. Anime romance bad. Because I said so.

But, your whole understanding is already wrong. Like you say the girl is completely out of his league, but within the context of the show it’s literally the other way around, except it’s not that simple because from his perspective, she’s out of his league. They both gain something from each other. And then you talk about it meandering for 20 episodes, and the romance doesn’t really progress all that much, but it’s only a side element of the plot. It’s slow to progress because it doesn’t get that much focus. If this is “anime romance”, the anime doesn’t have it.

Yes I know you’re not being serious, but I just want to talk about the anime

Dew it.

...Okay, don't dew it-- but I demand that you spoil the final letter of the very last word spoken in the anime. From there, I will derive the rest of the plot.

G.

Have fun.

No.

It's only going to get worse.

Wait but, isn’t he the one who… ASTRID NOOOO

I saw an anime cafe today, though sadly I did not go in. From my research it sells merchandise and Japanese snacks, so I don't know how much of a cafe it actually is.

You should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, where the last spoken letter is "s" for congratulations. Unless you count the movie, in which case the last letter is "g" for disgusting.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, does Makalov also have some genius character motivation and writing to justify the fact that I’m supposed to sympathize with him after knowing that he’s working with these people? Who are hunting laguz to “sell” them? It’s not a great look.

the game wants you to kill him

not really, but I always kill him lmao

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eehhhh I have my doubts. For the past few years, every Mario sports game has ranged from painfully mediocre to straight up bad.

I don't wanna agree, but i have to.