Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh yeah i forgot to post this last night but i beat Mega Man Zero 2. Here is what i said about it:

"Yeah this game is a definite improvement over Mega Man Zero 1. The level design actually exists and is pretty good for the most part. Soundtrack is better too. Zero himself controls just as well as he did in the first game.

However, while the level design is good for the most part, there are some rather cheap moments here and there and i know that spikes = instant death has been a thing in this series since literally forever but that's also actually really cringe tbh. I also do have to criticize the Cyber Elf system, it's not very good, though it's not like i used it that much in the first place anyways. Overall though, the game is a welcome improvement over the first game.

7/10"

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Selling Tomb Raider and Deus Ex in particular is a headscratch and a half that's for sure.

I mean who knows, maybe we'll get a Tomb Raider game that isn't just fetish bait.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/a8/cb/VN7Zit18_o.png

I can't

No that's just an actual picture of a dog they painted over.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ngl if this was a SRPG i would've tried it already xD

Valkyria Chronicles 4 fucked up for not letting us deploy the dog.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/a8/cb/VN7Zit18_o.png

I can't.

This game is just the greatest thing.

He's even pals with Lichtenheim, and Lichtenheim returns the B support. That's just completely unbelievable.

0/10, Exit Fate is in mass hysteria.

Does he only have claw attacks?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

But now i want a Gun dog for next VC lol

Holding the gun in it's mouth or shoulder mounted guns?

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

and there and i know that spikes = instant death has been a thing in this series since literally forever but that's also actually really cringe tbh

Isn't it the same as falling in a pit in a classic Mario game, though?

6 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Triple wielding!

Zoro One Piece but guns instead of sword and also dog.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Isn't it the same as falling in a pit in a classic Mario game, though?

Nah cause this is more like simply going over the pit kills you.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Triple wielding!

A true dog of the military!

Oh, well, as it turns out, it wasn't all women that I needed to recruit this gal. It was all men.

https://images2.imgbox.com/e1/64/SaqWxtel_o.png

I'm a bit concerned what the intent behind this character was.

...Oh my God, her weapon is called independence. What? In 2008? You serious...?

But then, she is the strongest, most durable character I've met yet. She kicks the crap out of every man in my army in the """"""manly"""""" areas, no question. Even the beardman and his beard can't compete.

So uh... I don't know quite what to think. The game validates her, she is tough as nails. But was that intentional? The tone of her (so far) four lines of dialogue reads like what incels think women talk like. It doesn't seem like it should be intentional. But this game so far has treated women better than most. There's a black woman who is head of a university and the game treats her with absolute seriousness. There's plenty of female main characters who are treated with great respect. So what the hell is up with this one? What's with the inconsistency? Who is this character supposed to mock? Am I reading too much into this, or too little?

Fuck, I didn't need this kind of moral dilemma. And again I ask myself, why can't I bring myself to go "it's just a game" and move on? It would be so much easier... I mean, I definitely will move on. I'm loving this game too much not to do that. And I'll probably put her in my team for no other reason than I love an angry woman that wields an axe bigger than her head. But... I won't lie, the whole thing's making me feel a bit filthy.

...Lichtenheim's grieving pal gains C support bonuses from her. Yeah, fuck it, she's on the team. For now, at least.

Those are some paragraphs I did not see myself writing today. I've been hesitating to press the "submit reply" button for a solid 10 minutes because I really would rather not have had to write all this. Ah, fuck me...

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No that's just an actual picture of a dog they painted over.

It's still a playable dog. Who cares.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ngl if this was a SRPG i would've tried it already xD

Yeah, I getcha. I mean, it is still a JRPG, and it does have the style of enemy encounters you don't like, even if you can pay them money not to attack you. Also, the experience gains are designed so you don't have to grind ever. One battle or two and anyone that's underleveled will catch up. Ten battles or twenty, doesn't matter, you won't become overpowered.

What I'm saying is, this JRPG kicks ass and what flaws it has aren't enough to deter the resident JRPG hater. So that should be a good sign, if I do say so myself.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes, this is actually the greatest game to ever exist.

https://images2.imgbox.com/3d/bf/E3uH15W6_o.png

Yep.

Just now, Dayni said:

Does he only have claw attacks?

He jumps on people and bites them. He's great.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, well, as it turns out, it wasn't all women that I needed to recruit this gal. It was all men.

Wait isn't this the one who, at the beginning of the game, was telling you to fuck off, that she needed no man? So you recruit her with men? 

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's still a playable dog. Who cares.

I meant this in a jokingly way.

Cause like that really is just a dog.

I'm a bit concerned what the intent behind this character was.

...Oh my God, her weapon is called independence. What? In 2008? You serious...?

But then, she is the strongest, most durable character I've met yet. She kicks the crap out of every man in my army in the """"""manly"""""" areas, no question. Even the beardman and his beard can't compete.

So uh... I don't know quite what to think. The game validates her, she is tough as nails. But was that intentional? The tone of her (so far) four lines of dialogue reads like what incels think women talk like. It doesn't seem like it should be intentional. But this game so far has treated women better than most. There's a black woman who is head of a university and the game treats her with absolute seriousness. There's plenty of female main characters who are treated with great respect. So what the hell is up with this one? What's with the inconsistency? Who is this character supposed to mock? Am I reading too much into this, or too little?

Fuck, I didn't need this kind of moral dilemma. And again I ask myself, why can't I bring myself to go "it's just a game" and move on? It would be so much easier... I mean, I definitely will move on. I'm loving this game too much not to do that. And I'll probably put her in my team for no other reason than I love an angry woman that wields an axe bigger than her head. But... I won't lie, the whole thing's making me feel a bit filthy.

Maybe there's not so much an attempt to mock, but I don't know the dev's politics. To give no credit, maybe she's written as a display of militant feminism and they responded to the question "How militant?" with "Yes".

I'll be honest, I'm used to the term hegemony so she just sounds like she's just been reading up. I'd have to see more of her dialogue to give a better answer.

As to feeling a bit filthy, that's on you man. Do I need to get the stick? /s

He jumps on people and bites them. He's great.

I should have said bite attacks now that I think about it.

Do Litchenheim and King have no magic access?

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait isn't this the one who, at the beginning of the game, was telling you to fuck off, that she needed no man?

Yep. That's the one.

So you recruit her with men? 

She's concerned about the lack of women in my party, and forces herself in so she can show us what a "real woman" can do.

And she does. It really is no exaggeration, she's the strongest character in the game so far. Girl's a powerhouse.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I meant this in a jokingly way.

Cause like that really is just a dog.

Yeah, exactly. Just a dog who is playable. Thanks, game.

Maybe there's not so much an attempt to mock, but I don't know the dev's politics.

To give no credit, maybe she's written as a display of militant feminism and they responded to the question "How militant?" with "Yes".

Hmm... I suppose it may be best for me to leave it at that. I don't want to feel bad about loving this game. Especially not when the game handles these things with very above-average grace, this one strange anomaly aside.

I'll be honest, I'm used to the term hegemony so she just sounds like she's just been reading up. I'd have to see more of her dialogue to give a better answer.

I'm scared to see more dialogue of her, I won't lie.

As to feeling a bit filthy, that's on you man. Do I need to get the stick? /s

Come now.

I should have said bite attacks now that I think about it.

Do Litchenheim and King have no magic access?

In this game's magic system, everyone has access to magic. However, some are better than others at it. Lichtenheim and King both suck at it. Lichtenheim can work as a backup healer thanks to his massive speed, which lets him get more turns and charge MP quickly. But offensive magic is a waste on him.

Either way, the answer is yes. Lichtenheim and King can shoot fireballs. Badly, but they can.

Edited by Saint Rubenio