• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fucking finally!

Whoever designed this sequence deserves to find crickets in their cereal tomorrow. 

Jokes on you:

Crunchy Cricket Granola - Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary

Cricket Cereal is an actual thing.

On a more serious answer, bugs are legit food in many places. Good protein source or so.

Cooking & Backing Flour | Sustainable Protein Source | Eatsens – Sens Foods

Crickets legit are grounded into a flour-like powder. And said flour-like is used for, well, flour things.

Amazon.com: Exo Cricket - Puntas de proteínas (0.21 oz, aptas para paleo,  sin gluten), 858180007759, 1 : Salud y Hogar

Like cookies!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On a similar subject, yesterday I tried out home-made tofu-based sausages for the first time. They were alright. Probably should've done that shift much earlier, but eh, gonna do that shift now to further eat healthier.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cricket Cereal is an actual thing.

Ok but i assume that's been like actually prepared and not just crickets dropped dead on the cereal.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just one small issue, speed is super important because it determines who gets to go first. It's not unbalanced, it's just simple logic, the faster guy acts first.

Only way to avoid that would just be to have a fixed order and have speed just affect evasion or some shit.....in which case those with higher evasion would still be better than those with lesser evasion.

And that's in RPGs, in fighting games it's a whole other can of worms.

Acts first? 

FFT turns work like this: 

Everyone starts at 0 CT, getting to 100 means its X units turn. The speed stat is added by itself to get to 100. (I.E. with 10 spd 10×10) and the max speed is 50 and the minimal is 1. 

What is the difference of turns between a unit with 1 speed and a unit with say, 20? Its not just a few, that's for sure. 

I hate on CS alot but the one thing it did right? Making the turn order random so Fie didnt always go first for example.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but i assume that's been like actually prepared and not just crickets dropped dead on the cereal.

From the picture, that's probably what it is. Dead crickets in the cereal bag alongside whatever other stuff would be there.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

You deadass gotta be like frameperfect here, this guy did it successfully and even then he was close to death also he's playing with the borders, eww.

And see, i got Save Assist on, which means infinite lives. If i was playing the original version, i'd have to be dealing with lives and game overs.

Not exactly frame perfect. The player got slowed down by getting hit several times and also fails to hit the first row of blocks several times as well. Perfectly understandable, of course. It's a super awkward sequence. These finger gymnastic would be difficult to perform even without being chased by lava.

The good news is that one Hard Mode that sub tank is removed.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

so I will instead turn my attention to dievices.

Which is true. She does die if left to her own dievices. Her devices to die.

I'm not funny.

That's was the joke I was trying to make.

Shrimpy just made my other word choice into something it wasn't.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who will wield the Bonkstick now?

I suspect I can't for the moment with the bump on the head, think I got a concussion.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Haven't really paying attention to Doctor Who, but I take it they retcon the whole "only 13 regenerations" in order to have a 14th regeneration into the 14th Doctor (since War Doctor does still count, right?). Or do something at least to address that.

They retconned that far enough back that I remember it happening.

As Armagon said.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Then that was retconned so that The Doctor has always had infinite regenerations (alluding to a plot point in the Tom Baker episode The Brain of Morbius where pre-Hartnell incarnations briefly showed).

But it was so controversial that Chinball (the guy who wrote the retcon) apparently expects RTD to just retcon that.

Oh, Chibnall said it was infinite and then nodded it'd be retconned afterwards.

Ah, continuity.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Oh, Chibnall said it was infinite and then nodded it'd be retconned afterwards.

Ah, continuity.

Doctor Who continuity is so funny.

First the Doctor was just a normal human from a future then he's actually an alien with two hearts except for that time in the movie where he only had one heart and was half human also the TARDIS was just a nickname Susan came up with except for the part where TARDIS was always the name of that type of ship. Time-Lords can't choose what they'll regenerate into except for that one Time-Lady who actually did choose what she'd regenerate into. The Doctor's incarnations matched with how many there have been up until they introduced a new version of The Doctor who didn't have a number and then they did it again.

And this is just the stuff i can think of.

At least Doctor Who fans are generally more open to retcons than Star Wars fans.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least Doctor Who fans are generally more open to retcons than Star Wars fans.

It's a big ball of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey stuff, if they weren't it'd be ridiculous.

*Wakes up and the first thing my eyes see for the day is a dog taking a dump in my room.*

😑

And then I proceeded to unload on myself. Yet another "NOTHING HAS CHANGED! I AM WORTHLESS!". I've lost count of these happy moments, but then I never kept count in the first place.

------

Why was the full moon Nox defense so difficult? I had to lower enemy levels twice in order to win. Six waves when none of the prior ones had more than three and beefy bad guys made it a slog. Hopefully this was an exception for now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364920670829936640/973210691496456232/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364920670829936640/973210349144772618/unknown.png

Ohmygodwhydoikeepseeingxenoblade2discourseeventhoughiamnotevenaxenofan

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought Timeless Children broke the fanbase?

Well, no matter, the decline that started with the previous doctor won't stop so soon.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Wakes up and the first thing my eyes see for the day is a dog taking a dump in my room.*

😑

I'm sorry but this is so funny

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then I proceeded to unload on myself. Yet another "NOTHING HAS CHANGED! I AM WORTHLESS!". I've lost count of these happy moments, but then I never kept count in the first place.

June 4 -- Hug Your Cat Day | Cat hug, Cute cats, Baby cats

...Well.

Exit Fate's certainly taken an, uh... Interesting direction, with its duo of reccurring comic relief villains.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364920670829936640/973210691496456232/unknown.pnghttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364920670829936640/973210349144772618/unknown.png

Ohmygodwhydoikeepseeingxenoblade2discourseeventhoughiamnotevenaxenofan

Where even are you going to run into these? Since the day Youtube recommended me an hour long essay about XC2's shenanigans for no reason, I haven't even seen the thing's name anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Well.

Exit Fate's certainly taken an, uh... Interesting direction, with its duo of reccurring comic relief villains.

Where even are you going to run into these? Since the day Youtube recommended me an hour long essay about XC2's shenanigans for no reason, I haven't even seen the thing's name anywhere.

It's probably because one of the people I follow is a massive xenoblade 2 hater.

Edited by Newtype06

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

So this started playing in Exit Fate. I recognize this theme.

...From Sun God's Wrath. What a strange feeling this is. Recognizing a theme that was borrowed by a game, from another game that also borrowed it, and the original game remains untouched and probably will forever, if my experience with Tactics Ogre is anything to go by.

Anyway, I have a moral dilemma. A while back, I found this scientist man called Darwin. He looks funny enough, he supports and is supported by Deke and he has the scan skill. It's always nice to know the HP of bosses. The problem is that his statline is rather similar to Marian's. He has these two advantages, but Marian has the advantage that I love her. So uh... I don't know what to do now.

Eeehhhhh I'll run them together for the time being. Darwin gets an A support from Marian anyway, and I'm not that happy with how Petra has progressed.

18 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's probably because one of the people I follow is a massive xenoblade 2 hater.

Good. Based.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I just realized a cute little side-effect of my latest teambuilding decisions.

Lb991HrA_o.png

Half the team wears glasses. If you count Harvey's... whatever it is he has on his eye, over half of the team have eyewear. That's cool. People don't wear glasses enough in fantasy fiction.

...Man, all these hours later and seeing Deke's extremely intense stare on the menu still makes me smile.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So, you want war, then?

No. I would rather not, thanks. I've said everything I had to say about Xenoblade before, there's no point in repeating it.

Go bring your war to the person 06 was talking about instead.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you count Harvey's... whatever it is he has on his eye,

It's a monocle.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Half the team wears glasses. That's cool. People don't wear glasses enough in fantasy fiction.

Can you put glasses on Klaus?

76b1b68bc6289d91af44183d9ad3db91.mp4

Reminds me of besting Blooper in Super Mario Sunshine, second and third fights to be precise.

And here I thought BotW's combat was rather plain.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm sorry but this is so funny

No problem, relish the absurdity that is life.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

June 4 -- Hug Your Cat Day | Cat hug, Cute cats, Baby cats

Thank you.🙂

It can leave me speechless, how I can scream at myself first thing of the day, last thing, and anything in between for being a piece of rotten driftwood. To the point of a little quaking of the body sometimes even, I can on occasion force a quick quake on demand in like ten seconds if I focus my thoughts properly. And yet, my willpower is so languid that I do nothing about my inert existence. I internalize my feelings all too well.

It's weird, but in a way, my digital attempts to work on the A-or-G? matter lately have been fulfilling, since I feel like I'm doing something with my life that progresses me out of this cycle of stagnant, meaningless, nothingness. Running into issues of doing this behind my family's back and without a license or insurance b/c no job -more rancid fruits of the unbroken cycle of stillness and worthlessness- frustrates me, because I want to plow ahead, I've already wasted about a decade of time which I can never get back.