Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

This is just a special guess based on the concept art:

• Tri-theism

Tri-theism was introduced in Ys 7 and plays a very big role in Ys 8. Grattheos was mentioned and his statue seen in Ys 7, Maia the party meets in Ys 8....

The the last one is Horu, the Sky deity. Which sounds close to Horus from egyptian mytholgy, which also was a Sky deithy in said mytholgy.

150px-Horus_standing.svg.png

So probably this game takes place in Ys!Egypt. Which could also tie into a Ys 5 remake since Ys 5 takes place in Xandria, which is Ys!Alexandria/Not-North Egypt.

Oh hey! I was just studying North Africa.

Egypt is neat an all but imagine a game taking inspiration from Morocco, or Sudan, or Mali, or literally anywhere else in Africa.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Egypt is neat an all but imagine a game taking inspiration from Morocco, or Sudan, or Mali, or literally anywhere else in Africa.

Ys 7 already takes place in Ys!Tunisia

q0jc2fay9xh71.jpg?width=4410&format=pjpg

We're also probably getting more games in Ys!Africa sometime down the line since Adol promised he will meet some people there

Edited by Shrimpy

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ys 7 already takes place in Ys!Tunesia

q0jc2fay9xh71.jpg?width=4410&format=pjpg

Maybe that's the point but this is the most disgusting map I've ever seen in my entire life.

Tunisia, eh? I wonder how it portrays that.

What is this game again?

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What is this game again?

Ys is a series about Adol's adventures around a mythical version of our world. Each game represents a book he wrote about the adventures in a place he visited.

It's a fast action jrpg, with a focus on gameplay. Lore-heavy, but not story heavy until the later games.

Edited by Shrimpy

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ys is a series about Adol's adventures around a mythical version of our world. Each game represents a book he wrote about the adventures in a place he visited.

It's a fast action jrpg, with a focus on gameplay. Lore-heavy, but not story heavy until the later games.

Interesting.

Too bad they'll never be able to visit Turkey, not with that map.

I should play this game.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well, the "Orient" is still undiscovered, and Ys 4 mentions how Adol will want to discover it.

So one day Falcom will have to give us some Ys games set in Asia.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I should play this game.

There's a Ys Origin demo and Ys 9 demo on steam. You could try them to see if they to your liking.

You can start anywhere except Ys 2, since 2 is a direct sequel to 1. Other than that you can start anywhere, as while the games are related, each game is still a standalone title.

Currenty we have 3 styles of Ys games:

Bump: Ys 1, 2

Solo action: Origin, Oath and Ark

Party games: 7, Celceta, 8 and 9

Edited by Shrimpy

Man, I'm too lazy to update my MAL account...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shino is the oddball of a group built on a rather dark and gritty premise, yet I sure don't mind. I like my fictional energetic fun-loving guys, he alone makes the shirtless piloting sexy.😋

Hope the game doesn't have any S2 content adapted .

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also have to ask, why would a man who confirmed his eager heterosexuality, specifically ask for his robot to be painted magenta?🤔

Real Men Wear Pink.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

a87FdmPJ_o.jpg

8 lives for the true final area. C'mon, c'mon, this is the one...

What's happening?

GAAAHAHAHAHAH, YES

EIGHT YEARS I'VE BEEN FIGHTING THIS GAME

But I finally did it. I beat it.

Soy el más grande táctico que ha visto España en su larga y vasta historia. ¡Já! Por Dios y por Castilla, me cago en Dios y en la puta madre.

...Well, I do still have the speedrun achievement to get. And the one that requires me to beat the game with the fire sword, but fuck that, the sword is gotten in stage 4 and weapons are lost on death. I suck too hard to get that cheevo.

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

What's happening?

You know what, I'm not going to explain. You perform some detective work to figure out the context.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Well, the "Orient" is still undiscovered, and Ys 4 mentions how Adol will want to discover it.

So one day Falcom will have to give us some Ys games set in Asia.

No I mean in the map you showed, Turkey just straight up doesn't exist anymore, it was completely squashed by Greece.

Vector Map of the Mediterranean, political with shaded relief | One ...

been throwing together some solid sets since Sunbreak's just around the corner, mostly for sword and shield and dual blades, but also thinking about a switch axe set

might take a MonHun break though and continue with Kirby so I don't burnout in the meantime

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

On Dayni's behalf, the lack of Ireland -or perhaps it has been covered by the map title, or moved east of Denmark- concerns me more.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

Hope the game doesn't have any S2 content adapted .

I'll make three guesses- Shino: dies, turns evil, or engages in sexual acts that amount to yikes!😬. -No answer to this is necessary.

Though IBO doesn't appear in the main story as I said before. It's paid DLC, so you get the units after some introduction missions, and then they recede into the background, barring a story comment once in a while. You get the three guys and their Gundams, plus Orga as a Supporter (non-combatant NPC that provides a passive bonus and a command ability). They got mysteriously thrown over a dimensional boundary, they join the others heroes to protect this foreign world, thinking it'll help bring them back to their's. Mikazuki and Orga joined fairly early, the other two were separated from them, and not aware of their brethren being here, took jobs as mercenaries until they bumped into the heroes. The profile pages of the men don't tell you too much about them; by contrast, I glimpsed Fa's and it went so far as to describe her final outcome with Kamille in both anime and movie versions of their story.

I'll take a guess and assume the next SRW will properly adapt IBO. SRW30 makes Victory and Narrative the primary Gundam storylines of the week. Though Amuro, Kamille, Fa, and Quattro (alias newly taken) show up as well, legendary veterans from an earlier time of conflict in this world. For as disorganized as you're saying IBO turned out, perhaps -I don't know enough of SRW to say- perhaps it could give IBO a smoother final outcome.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

.....ok so the last time, they put Auresco's big tower thingies in the promotional artwork for Xenoblade 2's expansion pass so uh yeah, this is definitely a hint of what the DLC story would be.

I'm not fully sure of that but we'll see. Seemingly there are only four waves, while Xenoblade 2 technically had eleven DLC updates. I wonder if we'll get more than two new Heroes, since the Xenoblade 2 Direct only listed one "New Blade" despite introducing three outside Challenge Mode.

Since we now know XC3 will have a Challenge Mode, I'm guessing the Nopon Archsage will return and will reference meeting Rex, Shulk, and Elma in the last game. Also there will be swimsuits again, but that was a given. Maybe the heroes will get them too.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

But these contain my own thoughts on the plot and whatnot so i'll be tagging it just in case

Spoiler

My favorite things: mysterious masked villains and mysterious villain organizations. Since it seems Mr. Wild Ride/"D" actually is an Ouroboros, I will call them the society of Ouroboros. Though if they regularly call each other by their initials, they might be more similar to a different Trails villain group. Unfortunately the society isn't color coded like the Testaments were, as I like color coded groups.

Apparently Mio has three months left to live, so the game has to take place within that timespan. She'll probably die and come back to life during the ending via Conduit magic.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Normalizing expansion passes with XC... perhaps inevitable in this day and age. But, once a norm is established, will the quality continue to be at what it was once the concept was first introduced?

I know I'm a Monolith Soft shill but what they're advertising is basically what they advertised for Xenoblade 2's expansion pass

Screenshot_20220622-192235-1.jpg

You ask me, I think my money is already set before I actually see what they're offering. I'm not doubtful of the quality we'll get. Hell, while it is probably a placeholder, Xenoblade 3's DLC story seems farther away than Torna was, which means it might be bigger than Torna.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy said:

How is it undiscovered, like just go east bro.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

a87FdmPJ_o.jpg

8 lives for the true final area. C'mon, c'mon, this is the one...

So you do like anime tiddies after all.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

No I mean in the map you showed, Turkey just straight up doesn't exist anymore, it was completely squashed by Greece.

Vector Map of the Mediterranean, political with shaded relief | One ...

At least Turkey could still exist somewhere.

Whereas Ys' version of the Americas is uh......well it has a bit of a flooding problem right now.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder if we'll get more than two new Heroes, since the Xenoblade 2 Direct only listed one "New Blade" despite introducing three outside Challenge Mode

It is definitely vague, we can expect a few Heroes to come through. Like Reiji and Xiamou.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You ask me, I think my money is already set before I actually see what they're offering. I'm not doubtful of the quality we'll get. Hell, while it is probably a placeholder, Xenoblade 3's DLC story seems farther away than Torna was, which means it might be bigger than Torna.

I don't doubt the expansion pass will be worth the price, but I'd like to see the content before I buy it. I didn't get the Xenoblade 2 expansion until Torna was announced and I waited halfway into both Fighters Passes before getting them (FP1 went on sale online after Hero and Banjo were announced, and I got FP2 after Sephiroth's presentation).

In fact I might be up to date on Trails by the time the story DLC comes out... maybe.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How is it undiscovered, like just go east bro.

Ys X: Adol Tries to Go East and Runs Into Territorial Rotbart

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is definitely vague, we can expect a few Heroes to come through. Like Reiji and Xiamou.

Now I'm wondering, if KOS-MOS is a hero, will she be Xenosaga KOS-MOS or XC2 KOS-MOS? Because they are technically different characters who just happen to be similar.

You know, at least those places tend to show up every now and then. Meanwhile, like 99% of the time the Baja peninsula is consistently gone in Not!Earth maps no matter what.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, I missed this.

...And I will continue missing it, because you took this image from a fandom wikia, and as we know, they don't like it when their images are linked. In other words, I can't see anything. Wait I get it, it's a genius way to convey the fact that, as old men in anime, they were born old.

Or just click on the URL header and press enter. Just because that happens doesn't mean it always does. Or stays that way.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Let me ask- why would anyone fight him after EX? Dude did the flip, did he not? What reason is there to not trust him?

To be fair, it's not like Shu is the most talkative guy when it comes to his agenda. Otherwise why would the final fight of 3 even happen (outside of course being forced to not blab about the whole Volkruss thing). Shu's team in EX mostly consisted of people who were enemies to the heroes (the Titans trio of Jerid, Kakricon, and Layla, the Aura Battler Black Knight Barn Bannings, etc.), whose word wouldn't be too trusted. Only the GoShogun Team and Quattro (and he is likely still a bit of a maybe) were people the heroes would hear out... and even so, 4 goes on to reveal he had dealings with the Zuvorgs, so it's once again him being all shady like and stuff. Hence the option to still pick up a fight with him after finishing off Zezenab... which makes Mekiboz decide Earthlings are truly a lost cause.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Bro I do not remember Majora's Mask's dungeons being that short. Was I really that bad at the game when I was younger, that it took way longer to actually do the dungeons?

See what else it might be is that CrossCode made me too good and, not that Zelda puzzles were particularly challenging in the first place, but now they just don't even feel like puzzles.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

waited halfway into both Fighters Passes

I didn't, I just bought them as soon as the characters started coming out lol.

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, like 99% of the time the Baja peninsula is consistently gone in Not!Earth maps no matter what.

The down peninsula.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Just when I thought CS couldnt be more cringe with Rean's S craft removing positive status from enemies, Arios has a craft that has that effect. Wtf devs?

I mean tbf, that is an S-Craft. Ultimate moves are supposed to have benefits like that.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean tbf, that is an S-Craft. Ultimate moves are supposed to have benefits like that.

Then they have shit s crafts like notrighteouswitness from Kurt, which did nothing till Reverie.

Edited by lightcosmo