Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I keep forgetting you did admit Berwick's good, you just didn't jibe with the game.

Unless you're talking about FE3, in which case you're based and awesome.

Yes.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes.

Armagon goes on record admitting he is wrong and ugly. Everyone is a witness.

Don't think I didn't see that edit Armagon.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, yeah, that one. XD T also had a "Chibified" DLC map, which was better since it also included the Gunbuster ladies. Because they also would appear chibi, though not in the anime itself like in Rayearth did. Rather, there were like post-episode segments that served part actual science lessons of stuff that showed up in the anime, and part fictional science lessons for the stuff made up. I recall one being about the Solar System, and Noriko would cosplay as the Sailor Senshi as she named the planets. Though only up to Jupiter, since Sailor Moon had yet to reach the point of introducing the Outer Senshi.

First, stopping at the last of the Inner Senshi conveniently avoids the issue of Pluto.

Second, maybe I'm being paranoid and parody is okay, but did that call for another license? Or was it "studio referencing its other work" so it didn't need to?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kaga when he plays Super Princess Peach, a game where the girl has to rescue the guy

Screen_Shot_2020-09-03_at_1.37.58_PM.jpg

Super Princess Peach isn't exactly the most progressive of games. A woman who can change emotions in an instant is a wee bit of a stereotype. Keep in mind that Peach never got the mood scepter thingy either.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Been tempted to play that one. Got a completely legit copy on my Nintendo PC, but I never got around to it.

I'm not sure it's for you. It's on the easy side. Was fun when I was younger, and I still wish it got a sequel with Daisy (plus Rosalina and Pauline now for a full Mario females setup).

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't think I didn't see that edit Armagon.

You don't know what was edited.

Maybe I forgot proper grammar and missed the punctuation.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Super Princess Peach isn't exactly the most progressive of games. A woman who can change emotions in an instant is a wee bit of a stereotype. Keep in mind that Peach never got the mood scepter thingy either.

Yeah I kinda figured it wasn't.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First, stopping at the last of the Inner Senshi conveniently avoids the issue of Pluto.

Second, maybe I'm being paranoid and parody is okay, but did that call for another license? Or was it "studio referencing its other work" so it didn't need to?

I mean, Gunbuster had like thirteen planets in the Solar System (and it was now a Binary System), so I doubt Pluto's eventual downgrade would matter too much. lol

It probably wasn't that hard for Gainax to ask Naoko Takeuchi for permission for what amounted to be a just a cute little shout out. If it helps, Gunbuster came out in the late 80's, when Sailor Moon was still Manga Only, so it was easier perhaps to do this. Also, it's probably they are more accepting of stuff like this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At the time, by Peach's standards it was pretty good. Back then she'd done basically nothing but get captured over and over. Other than SMB2 and the spin offs, which featured her other high point - bad Peach from Strikers.

I'm not sure it's for you. It's on the easy side. Was fun when I was younger, and I still wish it got a sequel with Daisy (plus Rosalina and Pauline now for a full Mario females setup).

Duly noted.

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Begin Berwick cult? XD

I'm in.

"Praise be to Derrick" will be our mantra. Growing Endgame Ready Beards, our ultimate goal.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You don't know what was edited.

Maybe I forgot proper grammar and missed the punctuation.

I saw the original message. You admitted to it.

You fail, Armagon. You lose. In every sense of the word. Now hand over youe Xenoblade 3 code to me. You've lost your rights to it by failing.

32 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Even though i suck at the game, considering my ratings my first playthrough lmao

Had such a bad rating it was funny!

Hey, in my entire first run I failed to realize spears dealt more damage based on the rider's movement lol. It happens, it's a complex game.

Don't remember my ratings. Maybe I'll check them later.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Duly noted.

It does have this.:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ea3892bc13e7b61c0a

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, in my entire first run I failed to realize spears dealt more damage based on the rider's movement lol. It happens, it's a complex game.

Reminder I still need to finish the game.

It's either another 100 reloads at Chapter 10 main mission at the gates to the city, or I scrap the miraculous breakthrough and redo the terrible start to the map. Or, I pray that Vestosterone Who Didn't Bring A Healer Or Vulneraries manages to win without me. I think Benice said they lucked out with that. No matter what, I'm not looking forward to it. Very much the reason I haven't returned yet.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does have this.:

That's so cute.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminder I still need to finish the game.

It's either another 100 reloads at Chapter 10 main mission at the gates to the city, or I scrap the miraculous breakthrough and redo the terrible start to the map. Or, I pray that Vestosterone Who Didn't Bring A Healer Or Vulneraries manages to win without me. I think Benice said they lucked out with that. No matter what, I'm not looking forward to it. Very much the reason I haven't returned yet.

Oof... Well, I can understand. Chapter 10 is quite tough. It's all right, I'm not too mad.

You know Karajan Saga lets you save anywhere and it's an easier game overall. Play it instead of Xenoblade 3.

Pirate Warriors 4 is just so much fun, but it does have a lot of jank. Like how the way that the Power Dash works really doesn't mash well with characters that rely on ground combos for damage.
I guess it makes sense since Pirate Warriors 4 is an entirely different animal then what came before it. Makes me wish this game could have served as a jumping off point for a new generation of Pirate Warriors games instead of Koei doing dreck like Three Houses.

The fact that the manga has been stuck in Wano for a very long time probably doesn't help. The theme of Pirate Warriors 4 is basically Four Emperors and Wano. To the point where a fight against Big Mom and Kaido serves as the game's prologue, despite being chronologically at the very end of the story mode. And Wano is still in the wrapping up phase.
So if nothing else, they are probably lacking in a strong theme to serve as the draw for a sequel.

The Wano content is actually really weak too. The playable Wano characters are Kaido and... yeah, actually it's just Kaido. Which is a shame because Kaido is so BORING in this game.
Not even any Wano costumes for anyone without the DLC. And even then, it's just Luffy, Zorro and Nami. No kimono for Big Mom or anything.

Edited by BrightBow

@lightcosmo My first Berwick run's rankings were 27/35 tactics, 29/35 fame, 25/35 completion and... 9/35 happiness lol. Still, better than I would've thought they were. What were yours, if you still have the save?

Also, it's caught me super off guard that tomorrow is Live a Live day. I guess much like it caught me off guard that we're getting another Live a Live day at all.

Didn't even have a chance to share daily music videos or anything like that!

(Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing this in HD. For all of 30 seconds, once more!)

(And this, how to forget this)

(...I'm just looking forward to this in general. 7 years I haven't played this game. I think. More or less. Anyway, let's see how it holds up, with a fresh new coat of paint.)

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My first Berwick run's rankings were 27/35 tactics, 29/35 fame, 25/35 completion and... 9/35 happiness lol. Still, better than I would've thought they were. What were yours, if you still have the save?

I do have the save, but i dunno if I wanna share xd

Joking, when I get to my PC (might not be today) I will.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I do have the save, but i dunno if I wanna share xd

How dare you. I promise I will not laugh very hard at your results!

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Joking, when I get to my PC (might not be today) I will.

Sure, whenever you can, as long as you remember. I'm just curious is all, haha. Wait were you the one who killed Derrick or was it someone else? Choose your next words VERY carefully...

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't even have a chance to share daily music videos or anything like that!

SE taking them down before you can do so. It's like they're trying to tell people not to talk about their new releases, TWEWY got the same treatment after Neo got announced.

Loving the new elements in Megalomania too.

IMG_20220721_110048935.jpg.f6b3302f488981a078e492f6be063fc5.jpg

The adventure of kee'-kwa-lie begins!

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't believe Nintendo made a game where a woman on her period is going though a rough time but utilizes her intense mood swings to her advantage to save her beloved, showing young girls that bleeding makes them strong and is nothing to be shamed of, how progressive of Nintendo!

In all seriousness, Super Princess Peach is actually one of the most insane games Nintendo has ever released.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It does have this.:

That is amazing.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

IMG_20220721_110048935.jpg.f6b3302f488981a078e492f6be063fc5.jpg

The adventure of kee'-kwa-lie begins!

Which route?

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I can't believe Nintendo made a game where a woman on her period is going though a rough time but utilizes her intense mood swings to her advantage to save her beloved, showing young girls that bleeding makes them strong and is nothing to be shamed of, how progressive of Nintendo!

In all seriousness, Super Princess Peach is actually one of the most insane games Nintendo has ever released.

I do not remember enough about this game despite having played it.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Pneiz1B.png

Happiness lol

Funny thing about the happiness rating is that for a ton of characters it requires actually watching their epilogue scene. It doesn't count if you merely meet the requirements.

So if you head straight for the office and depart, you lose out on a lots of points just like that.