Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, ping said:

Sir, you haven't paid close enough attention. Cookies, not chaos. 🥰 Sweet, delicious cookies of heresy. Covered in chocolate and firm refusal of any wannabe imperial's power.

In truth, Wraith just has proven to be deadly afraid of hereticalarmless cookies.

That sounds reminiscent of my own Civ5 experiences on Immortal, to be honest. I either get get swarmed by an aggressive neighbor (I still have PTSD from one game that started great, partitioning the Mongols between myself and Rome, just to have Rome backstab me and invade with approximately 40 Trebuchets) or I play overly careful and there's some Korea or Babylon runaway civ on the other side of the world. I've come to accept that I'm probably just an Emperor scrub (ironic, given my totally serious feud with Wraith, I know). 😐

A dramatization of what I hear whenever Ping speaks:

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Was genuinely caught off guard tbh, cause like most of the swear's in this game are in-universe swears.

Yes, of course. The Live a Live thing caught me off guard, too. I suppose it being a remake of a 90s JRPG, the last thing I expected was so heavy a swear as motherfucker. Heck, I expected no swears, if anything. Wild West was a ride with all the profanity going around.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now a certain Xenoblade 3 character saying "bitchqueen" so much that if you took a shot every time she said it, you'd die, now that's "how the fuck did Nintendo let this slide".

Do they just say is or is there a Bitchqueen in XC3?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, of course. The Live a Live thing caught me off guard, too. I suppose it being a remake of a 90s JRPG, the last thing I expected was so heavy a swear as motherfucker. Heck, I expected no swears, if anything. Wild West was a ride with all the profanity going around.

Localisers following the style guide I guess.

Just now, Awoken Dayni said:

Do they just say is or is there a Bitchqueen in XC3?

The character in question says it when referring to another character but damn, she says it a lot.

4 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Localisers following the style guide I guess.

Yeah, it's most noticeable in Wild West and Medieval. Everyone swears like a sailor in the West, and then the Middle Age folks are incomprehensible.

Just now, Armagon said:

The character in question says it when referring to another character but damn, she says it a lot.

So the answer is yes.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But if we're talking gripes with the combat

My one gripe atm is the lack of seal abilities we had at the end of certain chain combos in XBC2. Those were really good and added options in dealing with bosses and on what to use depending on situation

Could've fused it with the order system or smth.

But facing UMs with heals or reinforcements are a bitch atm lol

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They slipped motherfucker past Nintendo

This ain't the early 2000s ninty anymore lol

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

This ain't the early 2000s ninty anymore lol

Sorry, okay? I'm used to playing Ninty's more milquetoast titles, because most everything else is either not of interest to me or in PC. This is the first I see this kinda stuff on an official Ninty console. Spare me some surprise.

Oh wait, the title I found on Youtube is wrong too. In the remake's jukebox it's called Heroic Struggle. Yeah, that's a lot closer to Difficult Battle... Wonder what's up with this "dignified battle" thing. Probably a transliteration or something.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

My one gripe atm is the lack of seal abilities we had at the end of certain chain combos in XBC2. Those were really good and added options in dealing with bosses and on what to use depending on situation

Yeah those were really good. Something like a Seal Bind, for example, would've been neat since Bind status is back.

Chapter 2 boss quite sold me on the gameplay tho, i am fully in now

57 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Exactly, like they are standing right next to the defender with their healing arte charged already, but don't decide to use it. Why is that?

Or just standing in Aoe range and not doing anything lol

Atleast they revive welll...

And then get all the aggro 😄

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Or just standing in Aoe range and not doing anything lol

Atleast they revive welll...

And then get all the aggro 😄

Yeah there's that as well!

I mean, they should be contributing somehow though.

Wait, Livealive didn't have a Day 1 patch?

How rare that is that I'm a little impressed.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Chapter 2 boss quite sold me on the gameplay tho, i am fully in now

The climax was also kino.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Yeah and i really need a restore/cure art or something lol

Those exist on certain classes.

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm one who kinda likes to master classes and such all in one place, so if i'm gonna grind it out, is the game gonna be... a joke past that point?

You can use Nopon coins if you're worried about over leveling while trying to rank up.

Monolith Soft can you patch in an option to turn off the Chain Attack theme during certain story fights cause man, I get that it's a good song but it can get in the way of some more emotional fights.

Wir Fligen in Xenoblade X didn't really have this issue cause of the context.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:19 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

If you plan to continue the analogy, then Luna or Ginny? Or was that already an aside.

Technically it was an aside, but it was more in reference to their character dynamic than their roles in the plot. But Mio has a diary, so she's probably Voldemort.

Since classes don't appear on the class selection screen until you unlock their corresponding characters, it means there might be more than 23 classes as shown in the direct. Hmm...

On 7/30/2022 at 3:03 AM, Sooks said:

I’d rather this be done with pretty much any other member of Class VII, but it’s still cool to see. Plus at least she has one of the best designs in Trails. Well, in Cold Steel 2 anyway.

The Arseid bloodline is too powerful. Her design gets even better in the next game, in my opinion.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:27 AM, Armagon said:

Not really talked about but for a JRPG, Xenoblade 3 plays it's mixed bathhouse scene completely straight. No one has sex on the mind because they've been conditioned to just fight fight fight. Noah, Lanz and Eunie are able to have a perfectly normal conversation while in the nude cause for everyone, there's nothing embarrassing about being seen nude.

Even as someone who generally doesn't mind fanservice, this was honestly incredibly refreshing.

"Who cares about seeing your friends naked when you can DIE for your GLORIOUS COUNTRY" -Keves, probably

On 7/30/2022 at 8:33 AM, Armagon said:

But 2 did have a "nice bod" moment there which is hot tbf

lZsNOdI.jpg?1

15 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Sky FC moment

I think I used Estelle has the dedicated healer, whenever Kloe wasn't around.

TRUE!

Vivi would be a romance option if there was any justice in the world.

Anyway, Act 2 will be the true test of strenght. I will watch your carreer with great interest.

Well I haven't really done anything yet, but it seems appealing so far (even if this is the part of the game Sooks complained about for being boring).

Spoiler

So this is like Chapter 8 of SC in that you revisit all the previous areas, if Chapter 8 was the second third of the game I suppose. Now you have your very own airship and a motorcycle, so at least you don't have to travel everywhere on foot this time (I thought you would get the Arseille to travel anywhere freely at some point, but you didn't). Revisiting the shrines will probably be required at some point, which would be Chapter 7 of SC...

That aside, the idea of gathering the scattered Thors students to expand your home base sounds cool. Base building systems are fun. But I am following a guide, so unfortunately I won't be getting Vivi first.

Also Toval, Claire, and Sharon all left the party for some reason. The party was admittedly getting pretty big, but I would have liked if they stuck around. Yet another similarity to SC, since Kevin was the only new character for 90% of the game, and even then you didn't get to use him too often.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can use Nopon coins if you're worried about over leveling while trying to rank up.

Well, I dont like leaving a "level 1" class on my file, its kinda annoying.

Also, im in the next chapter and this one just from the start feels much more interesting than the last one, so maybe my initial opionion of their acting was just that chapter not being all that great. 

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I dont like leaving a "level 1" class on my file, its kinda annoying.

Remember that classes are capped until their respective side stories are completed so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to rank them all up in one go.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Remember that classes are capped until their respective side stories are completed so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to rank them all up in one go.

Well I prefer seeing "level 10"! Xd

You cant manually control heroes? Too bad.