Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Also i dont see the turn off interlink for A.I option, am I missing it?

It's under Game Settings, it should say "Interlink Control Type".

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Wha-

The comments were filled with such astonishment. And the video admitted upfront that it's a most unfortunate name (although the medieval French fig spread called "rapé" is even worse). It is worth noting that the dessert was named before the anatomy, as it's from Greek meaning "flat cake", which would indicate the Roman cheesecake was pronounced "plah-kent-tah", and ever narrowly allowing someone to say it in modern public. What was unsettling, was seeing the comments say that some modern humans eat the anatomy due to a mistaken belief in nutritional benefits.🤢

7 hours ago, ping said:

(5) Tourism is rough even on Emperor, yes. You kinda need all the bonuses you can get - world religion and/or ideology from the congress (the latter can be doable if you're first to get one), trade routes and open borders with everybody, and probably some Great Musicians to get one-time tourism boosts with any big culture civ. With all the culture bonuses that the AI gets on higher difficulties, its "defensive tourism" really is a mountain to climb.

Maybe I'll turn things down to King then, since I do want to get a successful Cultural victory out of the way. I've already tried Egypt the Wonder extraordinaire and Brazil, so maybe I'd do a Large map of some type, reduce the number of civs by two and city states by four for the extra space to go wide, and then pick France for Chateaus.

7 hours ago, ping said:

Anyway, that's enough smartassery from the scrub who plays on Emperor :lol:

I'm showing no talent at going higher myself.😅

Thank ya!

Course I can't decide who to try next, Iroquois on an Arboreal, Morocco (I'd play on King to make getting Petra humanly possible), perhaps Indonesia, Germany to try lategame Domination (which I'm more inclined to do as I'll have all my essential infrastructure and trade routes up), or Byzantium (and Byzantium comes with the decision of deciding how I want to use my extra belief, there seems to be many different synergies one can try with it).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah those were really good. Something like a Seal Bind, for example, would've been neat since Bind status is back.

Other than blocking Ghost Factory, I don't think I ever really paid attention to the Blade Combo seal effects myself. I used whatever combo I could make/wanted to make for another orb.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Wir Fligen in Xenoblade X didn't really have this issue cause of the context.

Even so, having the variety of different possible tunes squashed underfoot by the same old song (which might've been glitched to loop sooner than it should've ingame?) wasn't exactly good. You'd think Monolith would've learned for subsequent games after they included the toggle in XC2 for XCX's two tracks.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

although the medieval French fig spread called "rapé" is even worse

Well, "rapé" is just the word for "grated". It is highly unfortunate for an English-speaker, though.

'Morning!

If the regular sidequests in Xenoblade 3 are like Torna sidequests, then the side stories are like Xenoblade X sidequests in that they flesh out the world even more than the main story.

Anyone playing this game, the side stories and Hero Quests should be a big priority, you will miss shit if you just stick to the story path.

Just now, Shrimpy said:

Fencer is really fun tbh

Fusing Swordfighter's Shadow Eye with Fencer's whatever that crit rate boost Art is called is just 👌

Uranus is the worst level of Captan Square.

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, "rapé" is just the word for "grated". It is highly unfortunate for an English-speaker, though.

'Morning!

Thankfully the pronunciation's quite different.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Tfw you accidently use all your bonus exp xD

So I'm guessing hitting "max level" just does it instantly instead of asking you? Oof.

17 minutes ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Uranus is the worst level of Captan Square.

Let me guess, the thunder blocks with the cockroach on the corner.

Yes. Painful is the word of the game here.

That Zeon quest wtf

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So I'm guessing hitting "max level" just does it instantly instead of asking you? Oof.

Not even

I pressed level all and thought it will let me level the whole party at the same time by 1 level instead of one at a time...

It leveld em all to max lol

Edited by Shrimpy

I'm deep enough in Cube's scenario now that I'll leave spoilers up

Spoiler

So, gotten to the point where we've had Rachel's part of the story, the behemoth's out and Huey and Rachel just got savaged by the behemoth.

It's got this nice sombre piece as Kato reminds you that they need you in this time to deal with the interface. You walk off with the track in your ears.

And then you get near there and the music stops as the behemoth charges right for you.

Panic immediately sets in. I dive into the room. Thankfully it's not able to open doors.

Imagine if my joycon had screwed me over there.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let me guess, the thunder blocks with the cockroach on the corner.

Yes. Painful is the word of the game here.

It's that there's so many of them and they all have the thunder AoE except the one guy you have to get on fire tiles so you need him to be in Supernova range, which of course takes getting to it and then realising it 2-shots you.

Second worst's probably Jupiter aka Bird trolls.

Keep in mind I got as far as said bird trolls without the memory card then finished it off after getting it.

Uncapped the classes for five of the six party members. Just need to figure out how to trigger Lanz's side-story.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Not even

I pressed level all and thought it will let me level the whole party at the same time by 1 level instead of one at a time...

It leveld em all to max lol

Yeah that's what I was assuming. Oof.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

The entire mechanic of putting in a ton of effort to get S-supports for children and then them completely disappearing into the deep realms until they’re old enough to fight in your army, without any sort of acknowledgment that one of your characters was pregnant, gave birth, or the time they spent with their child, represents how conservatives in the United States and the Supreme Court will fight tooth and nail against abortion to “protect children” but do not give a shit about doing anything to actually help them after they’re born (like protecting the planet they live on, making it harder for people to bring guns into the schools they attend, etc.) and refuse to acknowledge the consequences that forcing someone through a pregnancy can have on them or even remotely attempt to support said mothers or their children. Once the children are grown enough to fight, they suddenly pop up in the story, because the U.S. now actually “cares about them” as they can go fight and die so the government can gain money and resources. This is likely why paralogues are some of the best maps for gaining money and useful items.

Azura sings two versions of Lost in Thoughts, the light version and the dark version. While the light version only makes Garon a little sweaty, the dark version (Which is very middle eastern inspired in it's music) Makes Garon flip out, representing how many US conservatives refuse to acknowledge the unique culture and people in the Middle East, as they are so content with the idea that they are nothing but Muslim savages who behead men and enslave women.

And in the support conversations between Ryoma and Felicia, Felicia mentions chocolate as though it's a "Nohrian dish" even though chocolate originated from Mesoamerica. This represents the cultural amnesia that many Americans have where they associate names and items with a different people and culture. Chicago, Massachusetts, Mississippi, where do you think these "God loving American" names came from?

Can you tell I'm running out of metaphors to make?

8 hours ago, Awoken Dayni said:

Kotaro as Mokushu's daimyo is a person who has much personal ambition, but we get little about Mokushu itself and why he acted as he did in relation to his nation rather than his selfish ambitions.

Which can be argued is fine for who he is in the scope of the story he's in. But even Gangrel got a bit more context than Kotaro.

Kotaro pretty much just exists as a single chapter boss so there isn't much too him other then what we hear in Saizo's supports on how Kotaro killed his father.

He exists in all paths, but sort of remains the same in each. 

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have another one.

033_-_Alwina_-_Paladin.jpg

It always amazed me how unlike Kaga Alvina is. Her role is Camus-like except she uses her brain, she has a romance that doesn't encompass her entire character, she's never victimized for no reason, her design is tasteful and she's established as a great warrior and admired leader and the game actually sticks to its guns all the way through. With time she's become lowkey one of my favorite characters in the game. If only Kaga could have the restraint to write more of his girls like this.

Oh my god she's beauti-

*Cough* sorry, what were we talking about?

Dead Man's Chest is the best Pirates movie.

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Saving this.

9 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I don't know what that gacha illustration has to do with anything, but I do agree with the general sentiment.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why would I want to be?

I like that this is something we can all agree on.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Why Did Giorno Not Appear in Part 6 Like the Rest of Dio's Sons? Passione  SSIone Company Passione Co Ltd Is a Japanese Animation Studio Wikipedia  Headquarters Musashino Tokyo Japan Founded 26

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think I used Estelle has the dedicated healer, whenever Kloe wasn't around.

You could also put a healing quartz on Toval and make him a healer. He has decent ATS and even has Quick Caliber for fast casting.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

That aside, the idea of gathering the scattered Thors students to expand your home base sounds cool. Base building systems are fun.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnMj3bpXEAAYXF4?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The comments were filled with such astonishment. And the video admitted upfront that it's a most unfortunate name (although the medieval French fig spread called "rapé" is even worse). It is worth noting that the dessert was named before the anatomy, as it's from Greek meaning "flat cake", which would indicate the Roman cheesecake was pronounced "plah-kent-tah", and ever narrowly allowing someone to say it in modern public. What was unsettling, was seeing the comments say that some modern humans eat the anatomy due to a mistaken belief in nutritional benefits.🤢

Tom Cruise moment

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Waverider... kino...

Why are all gundams that turn into planes so cool?

Megalomania time.

Time to just sit and listen for the next few minutes I reckon.

Edited by Awoken Dayni
I DID IT AGAIN