• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

really hope it's a not a Torna prequel deal and more an epilogue because the game really needs one

"While it is a conclusion, that does not mean it is the end of the Xenoblade series. It is just a stopping point in my mind. I think that everyone who played this title and the additional stories in the Expansion Pass can imagine what lies in the future for Xenoblade".

Be weird for Takahashi to talk about the future and then make an expansion that takes place in the past. 

Besides, I can't really see a prequel. I mean

Spoiler

I won't deny the possibility but the story of the Founders isn't anywhere near as important as the Aegis War was for Xenoblade 2. The Aegis War was this huge event that changed the status quo of Alrest forever and multiple characters trace their motivations to this moment in time whereas the story of the Founders is just "oh they were the first Ouroborus and they made the City".

Side note but the use of plural in "additional stories" makes me wonder if we'll actually get more than one. We know they want a Torna-level of game and the DLC flowchart doesn't necessarily outline the quantity 

It would be nice if XC2 specified what rage effect is what. Now that I seen the data, knowing all that information is hidden is kinda annoying!

Edited by lightcosmo

v5reiIa.png

XBC3 rating and comparison with the rest of the series.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is just a stopping point in my mind. I think that everyone who played this title and the additional stories in the Expansion Pass can imagine what lies in the future for Xenoblade

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

Me: Really?

I honestly

Spoiler

Thought XBC3 will deal more with the conduit and where it came from, but nope, forgotten. And that's the one thing i can imagine the series can deal with in the future

Edited by Shrimpy

1 minute ago, Shrimpy said:

honestly

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

You know, me too but I wouldn't say it was forgotten necessarily. Cause tbf, it did vanish in Xenoblade 2. And knowing that Xenoblade 3 is Episode 6, it kinda makes sense. Zohar vanished near the end of Xenogears too.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Ignore this part, Serenes Mobile cringe 

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

XBC3 rating and comparison with the rest of the series

The quality gap between Xenoblade 1 and the rest lmao.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The quality gap between Xenoblade 1 and the rest lmao.

I mean, ya know by now the only reason i even checked out XBC2 is that i liked XBC1 gameplay xD. And altough i like base gameplay of 2 and 3 much more, i still miss 1's unique bosses. 2 and 3 Bosses get a bit repititve in that regard when compared to 1.

And XBC3 was looking 90-100 but the villains at the end really pissed me off and some stuff about the ending i will talk about later.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

You know, me too but I wouldn't say it was forgotten necessarily. Cause tbf, it did vanish in Xenoblade 2.

Spoiler

I mean, yeah, but that powerful thing has to come out of somewhere with how centeral it is and what experiments with it caused. It just vanishing and never appearing again will make me feel like something is missing.

Like honeslty, i would've been content if Z and his loonies where from whatever civilaztion created the conduit and now want to cash in on what they found or something. 

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, yeah, but that powerful thing has to come out of somewhere with how centeral it is and what experiments with it caused. It just vanishing and never appearing again will make me feel like something is missing.

Like honeslty, i would've been content if Z and his loonies where from whatever civilaztion created the conduit and now want to cash in on what they found or something. 

Spoiler

Yeah a Xeno game that actually explains the origins of the Zohar would be nice wouldn't it.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That or at least a fight against the Testaments would be pretty radical!

The Consuls are literally the Testaments but there's way more of them. I'd also put them in the same quality tier but the Testaments are carried by two characters instead of one so...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Yeah a Xeno game that actually explains the origins of the Zohar would be nice wouldn't it.

Spoiler

so are you implying one of the older nonblade games did that or that it was always this mysterious thing lol

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:
  Hide contents

so are you implying one of the older nonblade games did that or that it was always this mysterious thing lol

Spoiler

We get explanations for what the Zohar is and does (actual functions will vary between subseries) but never where it actually came from. It's simply a thing that exists and is capable of unlimited power. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

That joy is non existant in 3

And tbf, that's kinda the point. The area themes in 3 are good for fitting the tone but as I said in my review, I wouldn't disagree with the weakness assessment.

https://images2.imgbox.com/e9/ab/S3kwZtmT_o.png

Rocher is fascinating. Why does he have his own face? His pal Vilac is just Matis 2. Zagallo and Wolf are Gordon with exposed arms and Purple Gordon (Wagordon?) with exposed arms. Hardin's about as plot important as one gets in this game, by which I mean he has four lines as opposed to two before he fades into obscurity forever and he has one of the like four genuinely good portraits in this game. And then Rocher has his own portrait. Just, for no reason. His armor is the same as Vilac and Matis's, but it got recolored, which is more than Vilac can say, and he has a completely unique face. And he looks so smug, too. It's like he knows he got unique face privileges. Like he's going "yeah, I got my own face while the rest of you are clones. Whatcha gonna do bout it?" I'd like to use him. He isn't a character in this game, but he has a face. That gives him more character than Tomas/Thomas/Tolomeo or whatever his name is in this translation.

Anyway, all this's to say, Vilac is the best name that guy's ever gotten. That still won't make me use him.

...Maybe if I lose Matis. I probably won't bother doing a resetting run for this game. Riff notwithstanding, but then, he's the game's second lord. He's in the manual, listed among the main characters! Really! He has another of the four genuinely good portraits in the game!!!

Also, Wendel is Wendel. Shame. I would've liked if he was like, Gwendahl or something.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Every time someone buys cabbage in my store, I think of Ruben and Garon.

Help.

I have corrupted your mind.

Gahahahahahahahahah.

World conquest is but a stone's throw away.

Sufferrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ya know, i feel like the dev Team favours XBC2 over XBC1 by quite alot.

Spoiler
  • Agnian Classes > Kevesi Classes
  • Nia sealed herself to protect the world while Melia got Kaga'd
  • XBC2 got a happy group pic and gigachad Rex meanwhile with XBC1 "Monado, take it or leave it"
  • Poppi alive and kicking meanwhile Heropon rip. Yeah makes sense but still xD

Yeah i am sensing quite a bit of bias here....or

Spoiler

Melia hate because Poor Melia xD

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And tbf, that's kinda the point. The area themes in 3 are good for fitting the tone but as I said in my review, I wouldn't disagree with the weakness assessment.

Yeah fair, but even somber stuff can be bangers, ya know?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

It's simply a thing that exists and is capable of unlimited power. 

Spoiler

weird honestly that it just exists like that

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Every time someone buys cabbage in my store, I think of Ruben and Garon.

Help.

Lmao xD

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

have corrupted your mind.

Gahahahahahahahahah.

World conquest is but a stone's throw away.

Sufferrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3gv1tMC.jpg

Oh God, I just found out mages can't promote until chapter 19 in this game. Neither can peggies. So FE6 ripped off its godawful promotion situation from this game too... Good game to be Wendel, Boah(?) and Minerva, I guess. Sucks to be Riff, but that's okay, he's still needed for moral support.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy said:

3gv1tMC.jpg

Ruben hanging out with Garon pictured

1 hour ago, Shrimpy said:

Ya know, i feel like the dev Team favours XBC2 over XBC1 by quite alot.

Reveal hidden contents

I will say

Spoiler

Melia did get the better Ascension Quest. But her class sucks because it's trying to emulate her play style but with less Arts. Something something perfectly balanced.