Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

52 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Yeah promoting early is super lame

Promoting at all is lame. Xd

Promoted sprites/models are usually overdone and look bad or just dont look like X char in later entries.

Xenoblade 3 put it on the backburner but

FcvYYHkaMAENK9R?format=jpg&name=large

FcvYYHmakAAbfW_?format=jpg&name=large

My monthly Dread replays are back baby.

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jesus Christ, I asked a simple gameplay question, no need to start a whole debate.

Fire Emblem moment.

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well anyways. Folks, rate my game library.

oJeOHid.png

5096 is my favorite Fire Emblem.

I take it these are all shortcuts to the games themselves on the emulator (also why is the icon for FE4 Altena?)

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Perspective moment lmao.

Do not play this before playing the first two. I mean, you probably could get away with it real talk, but as i mentioned before, it's very much being portrayed as a sendoff for the trilogy. Shrimpy, this applies to you to.

i like playing game in chronological order, but Ryza is not as thicc in 3 still a teenage girl in 1 & 2. i cant stand the potential cuteness. what a predicament

actually been interested in atelier series since long time ago. but dont know what stops me other than the sky-high price KT gives the game.

i mean, i manage to beat several  idea factory game like Neptune series before... this cant be worse right?

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's a bonk if I ever saw one.

im not sorry. im horny

1 minute ago, joevar said:

but Ryza is not as thicc in 3 still a teenage girl in 1 & 2.

She's actually 20 in Ryza 2. And the third game takes a year after so she's 21 there.

It's funny because this makes her the oldest protagonist in the series.

1 minute ago, joevar said:

actually been interested in atelier series since long time ago. but dont know what stops me other than the sky-high price KT gives the game

Everything pre-Lulua is $40 which...might be a lot but it's not full price.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fire Emblem moment.

Really is huh?

To be fair, debates on small details like that are some of my favorites to get into, next to arguing with Nazis on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

5096 is my favorite Fire Emblem.

I take it these are all shortcuts to the games themselves on the emulator (also why is the icon for FE4 Altena?)

Aye, I carefully picked each image to represent the game.

...Well not carefully but I did have fun with it.

Altena was one of the things that came up when searching FE4 and I thought made a nice change of pace instead of going just for Sigurd.

8 hours ago, Punished06 said:

ike fire against ice, I believe the best rivalries are those between opposites, so Amelia showing Franz that even with Low Mov she can be a great unit that fits perfectly.

Fire and ice are fine, but in this particular instance, I just don't see it.

8 hours ago, Punished06 said:

Furthermore, I believe that anyone whirling weapons is the coolest.

Even then, I'd rank the Sniper animation, the Warrior animation, and in GBA in general the Armadscopter and FE6 Zephiel animation over the General's.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So just to triple check. Promoting in Sacred Stones should only be done once the unit is around level 20, yes?

Personally that's what I always did.

In practice, if you don't do any optional battles, I don't think anyone is reaching 20/20 before the Sacred Stones's is over. You don't need every single stat point you can get either, unlike some games (FE12 on its higher difficulties comes to mind). EXP tended to slow down around level 15 once the route split started, so I could see someone promoting units once that EXP slowdown begins.

The smartest of players -usually those who have counted by hand the numbers of cells the game's small intestine is comprised of- know exactly what they need to get through the game, and hence are fine with promoting early. Later promotion in the games with finite leveling is good if the situation calls for it, or if the player is more unsure of what they need later and are not willing to sacrifice the future to benefit the now.

Therefore, I consider my approach with SS to be irrational. Since I know from many playthroughs that a 20 promotion is not necessary for SS and that reaching 20/20 is unlikely. I nonetheless stick to it as an irrational creature.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's actually 20 in Ryza 2. And the third game takes a year after so she's 21 there.

It's funny because this makes her the oldest protagonist in the series.

Everything pre-Lulua is $40 which...might be a lot but it's not full price.

oh i just assume since they skip 3 year before, they will another 3 year this time lol. alright maybe i will play the game from the start. Ryza being oldest in the series actually makes it more interesting to me. but also funny since its dangerously close exiting boundary of "young girls adventure"

about price... yeah pre lulua more affordable. but Lulua Sophie, and Ryza price is really something else in my Steam regional price. they cost way more than the likes of Forza horizon, Elden Ring , or other triple A games tha I've wishliested. Ryza even +30% more expensive than Elden ring,  LMAO

18 hours ago, ping said:

I'm surprised. Your shit takes ought to have come from somewhere.

Well my takes do come from reading several hundred books over the last half a decade, and finding that Gaiman and Prachett aren’t to my liking.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

6HvPoH0.png

Hey look it's Joshua's sister!

B7enmaT.png

Or...son? Either way someone's in for a familial heartbreak.

gsaIpo1.png

That's a mental image right there

GCXlW0V.png

I'm sorry, is this guy threatening me or motivating me?

ZkOULcY.pngYIxKWGW.pnguw3Zmvh.pngq3fdVBL.png

I've already put my praises into words.

yh9xyfk.png

I was talking shit about it earlier but it does genuinely excite me to have Cormag join our party from a story perspective.

I3K8qzE.png

Oh jeez this is a pretty interesting map. No matter, with enough careful planning we should be able to handle that small group just fi-

09JlM8E.png

Oh.

Oh no.

9vhpa35.pngOVl0Nx5.pngaaHbd8O.png

Jesus Christ, I can barely play the game anymore with all the blood on my hands! I'm still not over Joshua's death and yet I am faced with this?!

This chapter is just about wrapped up and I can continue forward despite these deaths, but I had also made a save state not too far from when these events took place, allowing me to reverse the damage and keep them alive.

What do you folks think? Should I turn back the hands of time to keep the Marisa master swordfighter dream alive? Or should I press forward with heavy hearts?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally that's what I always did.

In practice, if you don't do any optional battles, I don't think anyone is reaching 20/20 before the Sacred Stones's is over. You don't need every single stat point you can get either, unlike some games (FE12 on its higher difficulties comes to mind). EXP tended to slow down around level 15 once the route split started, so I could see someone promoting units once that EXP slowdown begins.

The smartest of players -usually those who have counted by hand the numbers of cells the game's small intestine is comprised of- know exactly what they need to get through the game, and hence are fine with promoting early. Later promotion in the games with finite leveling is good if the situation calls for it, or if the player is more unsure of what they need later and are not willing to sacrifice the future to benefit the now.

Therefore, I consider my approach with SS to be irrational. Since I know from many playthroughs that a 20 promotion is not necessary for SS and that reaching 20/20 is unlikely. I nonetheless stick to it as an irrational creature.

If I can grind at anytime then It's probably best to promote at level 20 to keep my options open.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What do you folks think? Should I turn back the hands of time to keep the Marisa master swordfighter dream alive? Or should I press forward with heavy hearts?

If you didn't do it on the first death... why start now? Soldier on with their deaths in your mind.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you didn't do it on the first death... why start now? Soldier on with their deaths in your mind.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, this might very well be in the spirit of Eirika's story.

You're...you're right. I must carry on. Eirika is not so lucky to have casual mode on her side to save the day, she must live with her mistakes, which in turn are my mistakes.

This run is officially an ironman run, any and all future deaths are permanent (Well other than Eirika of course because no way in hell am I going through this entire game again just to fix one mistake) May the gods have mercy on my soul.

8 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

What are we chitchattin about in this thread here?

Anything special or whatever comes to mind?

Just about whatever comes up. Have a good time.

8 hours ago, Sinon said:

Holy shit, bro. That’s $70,195.08

I mean, of course. He's the prince of a country.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

To be fair, instead of being in a circle this time, the characters are in this like hook shaped thing, so you can spell Hapcotto or Ottocpah, but that makes me wonder what happens if you pick someone who isn’t on either end of the shape. I don’t think they’ll make you backtrack to get characters.

It's designed to quickly get the player hooked on the game.

7 hours ago, Rain_ said:

-Deleted-

I'm really sorry if I said the wrong thing.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The "battle portraits" have so much personality to them bro.

Yes, exactly. I was quite surprised when I noticed. Definitely better than just static faced with expressions, the way they've handled it.

The cut-ins always gave me that "let's goooo" feeling. It's why the GBA crit animations are so good. Doing away with them isn't an actual negative but it's a bit of flair i'll miss.

I suppose, but with actually awesome, over the top crit animations seemingly being back, it'd be a bit redundant, I'd say.

You forgot the best reason for General Amelia: it is funny.

Armagon's got the right idea.

Imagine if this game came out post-Fates.

Community implosion.

BACK INTO THE FLOW YOU GO

unknown.png?width=1148&height=645 

Stop throwing that at me, or you'll force me to count with...

KyLGx5yT_o.png

7 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

The Endless now, Ruben!

The endless Rigwald.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

kfBX1Vk.jpg

That is the stupidest image I've seen all week.

I like it.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So just to triple check. Promoting in Sacred Stones should only be done once the unit is around level 20, yes?

Not really. There is zero need to be rigorous. You can if you like. These days I personally never wait that long, though. 15-18 is fine for me.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Jesus Christ, I asked a simple gameplay question, no need to start a whole debate.

You don't know what you've asked. This has been a contentious issue for as long as FE has had a fanbase.

Well anyways. Folks, rate my game library.

oJeOHid.png

I'm unreasonably proud of this.

That's actually amazing. I love it. 4.7/10 though, no Berwick Saga with Derrick icon.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Really is huh?

To be fair, debates on small details like that are some of my favorites to get into,

Haha wholesome

next to arguing with Nazis on twitter.

Oh.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey look it's Joshua's sister!

B7enmaT.png

Or...son?

Yes, she is indeed Joshua's son. You got him.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

gsaIpo1.png

That's a mental image right there

He just produces Glen from his pocket.

GCXlW0V.png

I'm sorry, is this guy threatening me or motivating me?

Basedtet back at itm

yh9xyfk.png

I was talking shit about it earlier but it does genuinely excite me to have Cormag join our party from a story perspective.

He used his brain and figured out the biggest, most blatantly evil shithead in the game lied to him! Isn't that amazing?

I3K8qzE.png

Oh jeez this is a pretty interesting map. 

One of the better maps in this game, yeah.

09JlM8E.png

Oh.

Oh no.

Sorpresa!

Dew it. Marisa is worth it.

...and Neimi. Honestly, Neimi more so. Archers are cool.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This run is officially an ironman run

Noooooo Neimi!

If you lose Dozla I will go to your house and steal your toilet.

You will be unable to shit.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's actually amazing. I love it. 4.7/10 though, no Berwick Saga with Derrick icon.

I also need to get new files for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn up there since their original files got corrupted somehow.

Getting Berwick Saga up there was not something that crossed my mind though, I'll have to look into that.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha wholesome

Oh.

As my brother always says "If you cant go online to trash talk Nazis, than what is even the point of the internet?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He used his brain and figured out the biggest, most blatantly evil shithead in the game lied to him! Isn't that amazing?

Hey, it's better than Xander's reaction to a sibling of his dying.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it. Marisa is worth it.

...and Neimi. Honestly, Neimi more so. Archers are cool.

The irony was that I benched Neimi ages ago, I just randomly brought her into this battle to use one of the ballista only to remember that ballista rely on character stats, making her pretty much worthless in this battle.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Noooooo Neimi!

If you lose Dozla I will go to your house and steal your toilet.

Hey if it makes you feel any better, if none of those characters died I probably wouldn't have even used Dozla just because he was way too powerful for what was already a pretty chill game.

I'm still not sure if I'll use him or not.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You will be unable to shit.

It was with amazing coincidence that I read this directly after watching this.

38 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I also need to get new files for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn up there since their original files got corrupted somehow.

Getting Berwick Saga up there was not something that crossed my mind though, I'll have to look into that.

Make the icon Derrick. You'll figure out why when you see Derrick.

As my brother always says "If you cant go online to trash talk Nazis, than what is even the point of the internet?

Excellent point.

...just a shame nazis are still a thing, but hey. At least we get to trash talk them. It's solething.

Hey, it's better than Xander's reaction to a sibling of his dying.

Valter is a better person than Xander. Valter appreciates and encourages strong women while Xander kills little sisters and can't see anything wrong with his cartoonishly evil dad.

Though that's probably because he can't see, period. Brow too furrowed and all./s]

The irony was that I benched Neimi ages ago, I just randomly brought her into this battle to use one of the ballista only to remember that ballista rely on character stats, making her pretty much worthless in this battle.

Use Innes at least?

Hey if it makes you feel any better, if none of those characters died I probably wouldn't have even used Dozla just because he was way too powerful for what was already a pretty chill game.

I'm still not sure if I'll use him or not.

To think he used to be called one of the worst units in the game, because back then, prepromote bad.

Fascinating.

It was with amazing coincidence that I read this directly after watching this.

Hahahaha it brought that to my mind as well.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HORSES CONFIRMED TO NO LONGER DEFY LAWS OF PHYSICS WITH DUMN SPINNING ANIMATIONS

#BETTERTHAN3HOUSES

isnt that confirmed since announcement trailer? but its nice to see it again, especially this time its crit animation

i think im going for jap dub this time

Edited by joevar

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HORSES CONFIRMED TO NO LONGER DEFY LAWS OF PHYSICS WITH DUMN SPINNING ANIMATIONS

RIP the spin.

This still be cool tho.