Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Watch as he has the most insufferable (in a bad way) personality ever lmao.

Armagon.

If it happens, I am holding you personally accountable.

You know what that means.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

…It’s going to be a long few months until this game’s release isn’t it? 

C'mon, what's wrong with that specific thing? You're an old man, you should sympathize.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

zowg50u.png

Liberté! Egalité! Fraternité!

(Follow-up to this old post)

Bit of an odd progression of the revolution - it spawned in SIdon, Lebanon, from there spread across Anatolia and Egypt, made a jump to London and Borneo and eventually the Lowlands and western Italy. At the end of the game (which is to say, after I spread the revolution to 10 additional countries as the achievement demands), France has gone through the storm on the Bastile (Sept 1731), Robespierre's Terreur, a royal head getting chopped off (May 1732) First Consul Bonaparte (Dez 1732), and finally his self-proclaimation as Emperor Napoléon... but the revolution never "officially" spread to Paris. The closest to the French heartland it got is Picardy.

One has to feel a little bad for Empress Jeanne die Savoia, first female ruler of France (apart from a short queen regency somewhere in the 16th century), who only ruled for five-ish years before the revolution arrived. But that is the price to pay for a small jpeg now being coloured in my Steam account.

As these things go in EU4, the last 80 years weren't too interesting. Once the Ottomans were beaten, there was no threat left - the Mughals (the dark green blob in central Asia) were the closest, with about one third of my troop count (and I believe 40% of my force limit), but I never had a real reason to antagonise them. So basically, those 80 years were spent painting the map a nice shade of blue.

Now, where to play on the newest patch.....

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I am already in the light

You are the misguided one

No, Shrimp-kun! The Kool Aid distorts your vision! That isn’t the light of salvation, but a vent to the depths of hell itself. Stay away from the edge! Shrimp-kun? SHRIMP-KUN!!!

3 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Depends on how it's handled.

You can have someone with 60Atk but with low Def, means he is player phase glass cannon, and thus while can one shot, it's only once per turn.

Or you can do it Fates and stop juggernauting with skills/debuffs, etc.

It all depends on te execution.

The issue, the devs don't usually handle it the right way, and i have little faith this time would be any different.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make the icon Derrick. You'll figure out why when you see Derrick.

Unfortunately I already have someone in mind.

Alvina | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Valter is a better person than Xander. Valter appreciates and encourages strong women while Xander kills little sisters and can't see anything wrong with his cartoonishly evil dad.

Though that's probably because he can't see, period. Brow too furrowed and all./s]

To think he used to be called one of the worst units in the game, because back then, prepromote bad.

Fascinating.

Hahahaha it brought that to my mind as well.

I like how in striking through all your text you struck through mine as well.

Use Innes at least?

Yes. I like archers as well it's just they always end up being the worst units in these games and I was already committed to Marisa as the bad unit I was gonna tag along with me.

Rest in poorly thought out strategy, Artur, Neimi, and Marisa. I promise I'll bring you all justice in Ephraim's route.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Unfortunately I already have someone in mind.

Alvina | Fire Emblem Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Fair enough. I cannot complain about Alvina. Though, frankly, I don't think there's a playable character I hate in this game.

I like how in striking through all your text you struck through mine as well.

See that "/s]" there? That's me missing a symbol when trying to strikethrough on phone Serenes and destroying the entire post.

Yes. I like archers as well it's just they always end up being the worst units in these games and I was already committed to Marisa as the bad unit I was gonna tag along with me.

Rest in poorly thought out strategy, Artur, Neimi, and Marisa. I promise I'll bring you all justice in Ephraim's route.

Innes then, at least.

Looks like Zestiria might be granting a little bit of freedom for now. In search of the three other trials I go, while getting a bunch of side quest stuff to do too (at least this game is transparent about it, unlike ToS/Ab/V). I am starting to feeling a little burnout from playing exclusively Zesty at this point.

And I'm also rather annoyed by the quick travel system in Zest. Doing it via save points is fine, they're scattered frequently enough. What isn't okay is the Gald cost of warping -why does it exist? And why is the ever-increasing rate exactly the same between any two points? The cost was nearly 6000 Gald to warp to a save point in the town that the dungeon I was in ATM is technically a part of -that is absurd. Ultimately, I haven't warped a single time so far, I'd rather waste time than money, so I slowly walk to everywhere. Even if it is that playing on Normal difficulty I hardly spend any of my cash except on inn food and consumable items, and I still get by just fine.

And why did the devs decide to go Arthurian with a great many location names? Igraine, Ladylake (complete with a sword in a stone), Malory, Tintagel, Marlind looks like a corruption of "Merlin", Gaferis (Gaheris), Pendrago(n).

3 hours ago, joevar said:

Suikoden_US.jpg

i never seen them in game 🥴

The "magnificence" of that trend started in the 8-bit era of Western releases plastering ugly, unrepresentative "art"work on video game boxes. I do not understand it.

64-bit would've been at the end of this hideous era of advertising, I believe. Suikoden 1 concluded it with a bang. It leaves me speechless, mostly because my voice can't travel through the near-vacuum of the planet's outer atmosphere that Toran Castle reaches into.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

tVyF4tM.png

It was mostly because of the boss that many of units perished. him being able to attack at great distances and all.

I'm not a man for revenge but I will sleep soundly knowing that he will never be able to snipe my units half a screen away anymore.

CMznPKF.png

Also I'm only just now realizing this is a "survive x amount of turns" map.

That would've been nice to know.

GLNJVZn.png

And there we go, this blood bath is over.

pgRsPA2.png

Me and L'Arachel are on the same page here.

SSTJRqw.png

Yeah tell that to the corpses.

0xXeXyR.png

As I'm going to go to work soon, I end my short session here, onwards towards the home of Joshua where I can give him a proper burial.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Watch Innes die in the next map.

Oh god, wouldn't that be poetic.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

tVyF4tM.png

It was mostly because of the boss that many of units perished. him being able to attack at great distances and all.

I'm not a man for revenge but I will sleep soundly knowing that he will never be able to snipe my units half a screen away anymore.

R.I.P. Spain. Murdered half your army with long-range inquisitioning.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

CMznPKF.png

Also I'm only just now realizing this is a "survive x amount of turns" map.

That would've been nice to know.

It actually ends if you kill Aias. He praises you the player too, he's nice like that.

I can still hear their bleeps and bloops of dialogue...

When you close your eyes henceforth, you will see them blinking.

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm also rather annoyed by the quick travel system in Zest. Doing it via save points is fine, they're scattered frequently enough. What isn't okay is the Gald cost of warping -why does it exist? And why is the ever-increasing rate exactly the same between any two points? The cost was nearly 6000 Gald to warp to a save point in the town that the dungeon I was in ATM is technically a part of -that is absurd. Ultimately, I haven't warped a single time so far, I'd rather waste time than money, so I slowly walk to everywhere. Even if it is that playing on Normal difficulty I hardly spend any of my cash except on inn food and consumable items, and I still get by just fine

I forgot about this happening! I also dont remember it really being needed at all, maybe im wrong on that though. 

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How fitting then he uses the Purge tome, heh.

He is the spitting image of the average Spanish politician

Just now, BrightBow said:

Figured Freedom Planet 2 would stop blowing my mind once I get past the credits, but no dice. It just doesn't stop.

You could say it is free of flaws. Eh? Eh?

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

R.I.P. Spain. Murdered half your army with long-range inquisitioning.

Well I certainly didn't expect it.

Pablo's last words were about gold too, a true conquistador.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It actually ends if you kill Aias. He praises you the player too, he's nice like that.

That would've been really nice to know, Jesus. There were so many times I could've just rushed him and end the map then and there.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When you close your eyes henceforth, you will see them blinking.

What a depressing introduction to Ironman Fire Emblem.

Well there's was also that run of Birthright I did, but that hardly counts.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well I certainly didn't expect it.

Pablo's last words were about gold too, a true conquistador.

More like Merchant Republican. He wanted to be Doge so much.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

c4d.jpg_large

Imagine using such words even ironically

…Oh hey look! Speaking of Kool Aid I actually found Nintendo’s marketing manager behind FE Engage:

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though not right now. It's my brother's birthday after all.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves! Send me a piece of the pie through express mail? Could use some pie right about now.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hope you all enjoy yourselves! Send me a piece of the pie through express mail? Could use some pie right about now.

Sorry Ruben, but today is also Independence Day. The day I'm contractually obligated to be on bad terms with you. Nothing personal.