• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, if semantics are being brought up, then Jehanna is not a place on Earth... or even real, so every argument is moot anyway.

Heh, yeah, that's the real conclusion to these talks. Honestly while a Fire Emblem that does it's research and gets everything on point would be a dream come true for me, at the end of day these are just for fun and a bit of exercise for my worldly passions. It's a fiction and not something to take seriously unless it's genuinely racist.

Hmm, this video shows that disabling Chain Attack BGM may not be as simple as it looks. The modder does it here but the issue is dynamic music. Monolith would have to delete the "enemy is almost down" music otherwise you get that rather annoying loop.

Just about knocked out ch 13 of Binding Blade

Had a Brendan Fraiser moment from one of the mummy movies  once I picked up Percival. Soon as it my turn again all them damn wyvern riders charged me. Oh shit... time to turn and burn. Lol ..

Hauled ass back across the upper bridge just in time to face a horde of cavaliers and paladins comin from the other way and the wyvern riders went south toward the lower bridge where my two nomad troopers made quick work of them. 😎

Clarine as a lev 9 Valkyrie is a right tough customer with a fire spell. She took out a few of them mounted bastards pretty quick cuz there was just no way the axe guys could handle em all

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Had a Brendan Fraiser moment from one of the mummy movies  once I picked up Percival. Soon as it my turn again all them damn wyvern riders charged me. Oh shit... time to turn and burn. Lol ..

Are you playing on Normal Mode, or Hard Mode? If it is Hard Mode, you might want to reset here, as you can also recruit him in a latter chapter, where he gets massive Hard Mode Bonus stats, which make him much better. If this is normal, good job, he is harder to recruit this chapter as you really need to rush.

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Are you playing on Normal Mode, or Hard Mode? If it is Hard Mode, you might want to reset here, as you can also recruit him in a latter chapter, where he gets massive Hard Mode Bonus stats, which make him much better. If this is normal, good job, he is harder to recruit this chapter as you really need to rush.

Thanks for the props 

Ya I used Thea or whatever she’s called in your version and Larum to get up there. I did a little readin to pick up that trick. Lol 😎

11 hours ago, BrightBow said:

But I've seen people repeatedly arguing it fits because she is from the desert, even though that just makes it worse.

I mean, where to even start? High heels on sand? Or maybe keeping easily heated metal close to your unprotected crotch?

thats borderline stereotyping on wrong info. those people really need to go outside their home. or better, go to other countries for vacation just to see what people actually/realistically wear

i mean...

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

two cultures of Hindu and Arabs are mistaken as one

this. happens a lot. maybe because they had relatively darker skin than their neighbor, their culture somehow get transferred in people mind to somewhere else?

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Belly dancing is an ancient tradition from the middle east dating back to the early Ottoman Empire. The Greeks referred to it as "The dance of the quivering thighs", however belly dancing as we know it today (And the one that is most present in Fire Emblem) originated in Egypt from the mid to late 19th century, and features the iconic dress shown here.

thats quite a lore dump. you really like belly dancing i guess. 

about the red dot on forehead, personally i dont mind such fine details. i would rather FE countries are made up of some mixed culture (thats similar in some capacity, or bordering on each other) than trying to recreate a single, specific, perfect, authentic culture. i dont trust them to do that unless they involve actual historians in their developer credits.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

0gHu9hT.png

Really look like this

Art History: Ziggurat of Ur VS. The Pyramids of Giza

More than it looks like this?

Open the Gate to Chichen Itza - AttractionTix

naah, it look like this 

6225c0669e6d2.jpg

aight im outta here 🏃‍♂️

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hmm, this video shows that disabling Chain Attack BGM may not be as simple as it looks. The modder does it here but the issue is dynamic music. Monolith would have to delete the "enemy is almost down" music otherwise you get that rather annoying loop.

any chance they add that feature on future update? but i already expected that dynamic music cant function properly with chain attack due to how chain attack feels detached from actual fighting (what with enemy just stood dumbfounded entire time, and timed buff/debuff/DoT become weird)

So i just checked my local gamestop and i can literally trade in my 3 houses for TMS

I think imma do that tomorrow. Unless i get a better deal on ebay.

Sadly can't do that with hopes tho

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

So I found a class better suited for the psychopomp name. Mainly because I wanted to name it Charon or something like that, and then found out that Charon is, in fact, a psychopomp.

So now I'm back to having nothing for male valkyries. Great.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's all interesting, really.

Hide contents

Due to how dangerous the Neleras Peak path is, and the Hamill Canyon connection being remote, it wouldn't be surprising that Rausten mainly contacts the other countries by sea. We know Eirika's original plan was to take a ship to Rausten at Carcino to the Melkaen Coast. As such, Rausten ships go west across the northern coast to Carcino and Frelia, and south across the eastern coast to Jehanna and Grado.

As such, it's not surprising Carcino is where it is. As the mid-point between Rausten and Frelia, merchants saw it a good point to be intermediaries of Frelian-Rausten trade, thus allowing the merchant republic to flourish.

Not bad, Sacred Stones. Not bad.

I take everything back about Tethys, this game's pure bullshit.

...Oof.

nDDg3kI.png

Oh hey we get to fight an incel this chapter.

That's Carlyle in a nutshell, yes.

0k6yvmO.pngg5ZAHYS.png

Ah...how classic. A moment comes when I pick and choose so frequently that in a rush to heal Eirika, I accidently heal Lute instead.

But surely this little mistake wont be detrimental to the Princess, will it?

5zBJ8UV.pngoD4HgDc.png

Oh...

How I hate when that happens.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, FE's shtick is that the bandits are Hispanic.

Which means Ortega of Yggdra Union would totally not be out of place in Fire Emblem.

Ortega.jpg

Out of place? Completely in-place, from what I'm seeing.

Indeed. Step-sided pyramids were how the first pyramids were made. Egypt eventually switched to smooth-sided, although...

A048A392-B658-4FD3-BD11-2E721EDA5008.jpe

Took a while to get it perfect.

Hahahahahaha... Oh, that's great. The unglamorous side to Egypt.

Totally unrelated but, random fact:

My first FE editing anything was making a palette swap of Carlyle, all the way back in 2009.

Palette swaps are pretty much like how everyone starts.

Because if you try to be more ambitious, your first thing ends up being a horror show like this.

kFhDmAz.png

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Clearly there's only one answer...

fire-emblem.jpg

Very FE.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

So i just checked my local gamestop and i can literally trade in my 3 houses for TMS

Dew it. Join the club. The club of having sold Three Houses for better games. Do try not to join the club of selling Three Houses for another game you arguably ended up liking less, though.

10 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

…All I can say is I tried, I tried…

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Kinda surprised tho i can trade my used 3H for a new TMS

Three Houses seems to be in high demand. The place where I sold it had it up for a whopping 80 bucks. Not sure who's going to buy that, but it works for me.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three Houses seems to be in high demand. The place where I sold it had it up for a whopping 80 bucks. Not sure who's going to buy that, but it works for me.

Maybe i should leave it on eBay for a few days first xD

Doing some fast search there seems to be some kinda shortage? But you can get it for much less than 80€

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So I found a class better suited for the psychopomp name. Mainly because I wanted to name it Charon or something like that, and then found out that Charon is, in fact, a psychopomp.

So now I'm back to having nothing for male valkyries. Great.

And Charos being a word derived from it but not being Charon was why I suggested it. Ho hum.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Because if you try to be more ambitious, your first thing ends up being a horror show like this.

kFhDmAz.png

I mean it's Wrys but he could be modded into Goldeneye.

16 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Kinda surprised tho i can trade my used 3H for a new TMS

New?

How is there a new copy of TMS just sitting there?

That moment when you run into the "too many character I want to use, too little deployment slots", but it's your own hack.

I can't just throw myself ten thousand deployment slots so I can use all of my pretties, though.

...F for Albertus, I think. The way I've designed him, he's just a budget Duessel that isn't promoted and has a rad palette.

https://images2.imgbox.com/87/4b/hp8NKfNT_o.png

But then, it is a rather rad palette, if I do say so myself... Dang it, I can't run into this problem, I'm supposed to be playtesting, not playing normally.

The two armies getting together is gonna be fun.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And Charos being a word derived from it but not being Charon was why I suggested it. Ho hum.

Right... Hmm. We'll see. Could work. The problem is that these feel more fitting for dark magic than light.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I mean it's Wrys but he could be modded into Goldeneye.

Trwysvelyan. Good times.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Dunno

According to their website they have it new

Haha game bad so nobody buy

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Could be lmao

But everyone who played it swears by it

And i am kinda interested, so why not?

Of course, I was just messing around. I know very little of that game, so anything's possible.