Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Shrimpy has the right of it, Ruben. Making these choices HAS to be up to you in the end, saying "well this might get shot down by others" is only gping to put you in a position where you play it safe and never venture into the land of possibilities. 

Sure taking feedback is good and all, but it has to feel right for you as well. 

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What am I to make of this, 06?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did that, first. They just looked completely out of place. I thought I'd go for some consistency in a way that wasn't excessively jarring. Then I saw some dark-skinned repalettes of the Jehannans in the repository and thought "hey, that's not bad, I could do that."

But if this is what it's going to be like when I make the thing public, maybe I should just undo it. I don't want this kind of controversy over my dumb first hack.

Even though I agree with what the others said here, my main problem is that they just look ugly. It clashes horribly with Tethys established colors.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

pfft-water.gif

Rudeus: Amateurs.

https://i.redd.it/5bl95zkm0an91.png

Edited by Punished06

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, gotta ask. Is that Summer Mercedes as your pfp? @Punished06

Why? Summer Mercedes had her hair dyed brown?

Now it is!

12 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(Tagged for possible NSFW-ness)

Monogatari Emblem 

Why would that even be considered NSFW?

Just now, Punished06 said:

Why? Summer Mercedes had her hair dyed brown?

Now it is!

Pft lol

I was admittedly not sure if she was or not. The lack of the side-plait was leaning me in that direction, but I wanted to be sure.

40 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

my main problem is that they just look ugly. It clashes horribly with Tethys established colors.

Constructive criticism 10/10 would recommend. 

Seriously, there is no need to be so harsh about it, he was just putting himself out there, no need to be so rude about it.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am going to remove the incest, that'll teach him.

Not Amelia though. I like Amelia too.

Did you add incest or was there already incest to begin with?

Yeah, but like, more. And I really did think it made more sense for people from a desert country. Except it turns out it's not entirely a desert country, so... Fuck me, I guess.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

desert =/= dark skin

If you'd want to assume the Jehannians are native to the land they live in and have been there for millions of years, it's not unreasonable to think that consistent exposer to heat and sun would shape the melanin in their body to help protect them from skin cancers and such, giving them darker colored skin, just as it worked in real life.

It's why most desert cultures with ancient ties to the land have brown or black skin.

Course you'd also have to consider the intercultural exchange between Jehanna's neighbors, and how interracial marriages would mix up the demographics of the modern day country, like how it went with Egypt and many middle eastern countries. But even still that wouldn't white wash them.

But while you can have hundreds of arguments relating to the land and what that might do for skin color, my justification remains that the people of Jehanna were inspired by Arab culture and history, a culture that to this day includes millions of people with darker skin across North Africa.

Tethys Fire Emblem Sacred Stones | Fire emblem, Sacred stones ...

But if this is what it's going to be like when I make the thing public, maybe I should just undo it. I don't want this kind of controversy over my dumb first hack.

I personally think it looks great so I say go for it.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Did you add incest or was there already incest to begin with?

If you'd want to assume the Jehannians are native to the land they live in and have been there for millions of years, it's not unreasonable to think that consistent exposer to heat and sun would shape the melanin in their body to help protect them from skin cancers and such, giving them darker colored skin, just as it worked in real life.

It's why most desert cultures with ancient ties to the land have brown or black skin.

Course you'd also have to consider the intercultural exchange between Jehanna's neighbors, and how interracial marriages would mix up the demographics of the modern day country, like how it went with Egypt and many middle eastern countries. But even still that wouldn't white wash them.

But while you can have hundreds of arguments relating to the land and what that might do for skin color, my justification remains that the people of Jehanna were inspired by Arab culture and history, a culture that to this day includes millions of people with darker skin across North Africa.

Oh yeah, since you're already at that point.

Chapter 13 is already Jehannan land. Despite what we're told, the country isn't entirely desert. Just something to keep in mind.

52 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:
  Hide contents

(Tagged for possible NSFW-ness)

Monogatari Emblem 

And now, a dramatization of Shrimp-Kun’s first reaction to seeing this tweet:

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

A good friend of mine has to live in fear of seeing Alear show up in Smash 6 and I think that's funny.

Everything will be Fire Emblem. 

Every other FE character will be cut in the next game, but they will live on in Alear's moveset.

Like actually Persona or is it just another MegaTen? I know P4 has an idol character.

I was talking about Persona 4: Dancing All Night actually. Apparently it portrays the idol industry as bad and objectifying but I haven't played it so I'm not sure.

I didn't think TPC would out-boomer Falcom

I mean, is TPC out-boomering anyone really a surprise?

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

…why is Elliot’s name spelled with two Ts in this game?

It’s spelled correctly in his character profile and when Rean says his name out loud but his name on his dialogue boxes is misspelled like that. Rip.

That's not Elliot, that's his long lost twin brother Elliott. Instead of being a musician, he likes painting.

3 hours ago, Punished06 said:

Shirley is the hottest character of this franchise

Would put my dick in crazy/10

06 no! Not that I know who that is.

Also, this is an honest question here. Other than Tethys and the Shamshir (?)... what else is even meant to be Arab or Middle East inspired with Jehanna?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

And now, a dramatization of Shrimp-Kun’s first reaction to seeing this tweet:

084.png

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

what else is even Arab inspired with Jehanna?

I didn't wanna say it, but this.

The first truly arab/persian inspired area the series was Almyra in the Fodlan games.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

06 no! Not that I know who that is.

There’s nothing we can do for him anymore Lightchaos.

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

084.png

Come now Shrimp-kun, there’s no need to be coy.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, since you're already at that point.

Chapter 13 is already Jehannan land. Despite what we're told, the country isn't entirely desert. Just something to keep in mind.

Doesn't have to be a strict desert, just has to have a lot of exposer so sunlight, which seeing there is at least a desert nearby, would suggest intense cloudless days as a land with low precipitation. 

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, this is an honest question here. Other than Tethys and the Shamshir (?)... what else is even meant to be Arab or Middle East inspired with Jehanna?

I would say the pyramid but...we already talked about that.

It is absolutely a lose inspiration, and I heavily doubt the devs thought about it much when creating it, but that shouldn't stop us from analyzing it how it is, because tropes, be it they were intended or not, are worth looking into.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

have been there for millions of years

The only reason I would ask questions about that is because we don't know how long humans have been in Magvel.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Every other FE character will be cut in the next game, but they will live on in Alear's moveset.

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/sad-man-looking-out-the-window-picture-id154051440?k=6&m=154051440&s=170667a&w=0&h=8GEE67tbBQfIur2dPeNL4GUY511_ZBFO1kljbqYfA4g=

20220915105119-1.jpg

Whyyyyyyyyy does Tales make these lovely CGs, only to use them for literally two seconds in a single skit? It's a waste of resources.

If the game has a skit viewer, I need to go back and screenshot the CG of Sorey and Mikleo geeking out together. Sorey can be dorky in a cringe way with some of the things he says, and Mikleo is a little boring, but them going full nerdy lifelong friendship together speculating about archaeology and history is very understandable and quite cute. 

Not so great...

20220918144258-1.jpg

Fifteen-thousand for one use of teleport. Although, checking the number several times over the course of the game, it looks like the price is fixed to about 4% of your current Gald. Yet I still don't understand -why make the cost escalate like this?

I bit the bullet and used this overpriced service for once, just to warp from the top of the wind tower to the save point at the entrance. They didn't place any shortcuts at the top of the tower to get back down. Holy Bottles are incredibly effective in this game for temporarily blocking out enemies, but even then I felt it would've taken too long, thus I warped.

With the Wind Trial shrine done, all four of them are over. The Fire one was the first and probably the best overall. Earth started cringe with the perv-former-Shepherd, turned funny with Edna, and then went unexpectedly dark when it turned out the Minotauros was composed of the tortured souls of abandoned children and it started crying mid-fight. What a shame the decline of puzzle quality in Tales post-Symphonia meant there was no fun trying to corner the Minotaur in the labyrinth, it dragged the Earth trial down. The "lessons" of the Water shrine were good, and the game included some overarching villain development at the end, there hasn't been enough of that What was terrible were those eye traps- sending you back to the entrance room every time you accidentally walk into their line of sight got unfun very, very fast. 

Besides the annoyance of leaving the Wind Trial...

20220918131656-1.jpg

Mr. Hot Coffee is back, it has been tens of hours since I last saw him. And yet again he shows himself a Persona 3-loving weeb. He attacks really fast as an enemy, it was a quick battle though. And then he walked away, when is he going to show up again? How much game is left?

Next up is trying to get coordinates on the big bad guy. I'm getting a sense of possibly going to confront the Lord of Calamity for a second time, only to win -but actually lose- and have some big revelation happens that sets the final arc of the story in motion. His scantily-clad undead minion has yet to introduce herself too, I would think that means there is a fairly large chunk of game left. My characters are in the 47-49 level range, but they're probably overleveled.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now that's a cut-in alright. lol

@Interdimensional Observer

I thought this a pun on "cut-in" as in "cut into the enemy" b/c that's what The Sword That Cleaves/Smites Evil does. I could not have imagined what you actually meant.🤯

Sanger, on the edge of a cliff, that is part of the sunset land & waterscape he summons in his Flame Cloud (OGs PS2 translation) attack. Wearing nothing but a fundoshi with an elaborate design on it, arms crossed in manly determination as if nothing is amiss, he shows no weakness.

All I can say- Daddy Sanger. Daddy Daddy DaiZengar! Zankantou Ikki Tousen on me pls! -Not that I am personally attracted to Sanger, but geez he's a sex object here. I never could've conceived of that. Although it ain't a bad thing, nothing sinfully wrong with that!😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I didn't wanna say it, but this.

The first truly arab/persian inspired area the series was Almyra in the Fodlan games.

And we don't even get to go there, god love 'em.

Though it's interesting, Claude von Riegan is from Almyra yet his name is very Austrian in origin. (Well the Riegan part sounds Spanish but that's besides the point.)

I suppose it was given by his mom.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The only reason I would ask questions about that is because we don't know how long humans have been in Magvel.

That's a good question that I have no idea if it gets a hint of an answer anywhere as I haven't beat the game yet.

I mean, what do we consider here? Do we say that Magvel is the aftermath of colonial expansion from another continent and just nobody happened to live there before? Or do we say people got there through ice age land bridges that melted quickly and humans discovered civilization remarkably faster than humans in real life? Or did the dragon gods just place a fuck ton of humans there and watched what happened?

Lots of possibilities.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

And we don't even get to go there, god love 'em.

Though it's interesting, Claude von Riegan is from Almyra yet his name is very Austrian in origin. (Well the Riegan part sounds Spanish but that's besides the point.)

His "real" name is Khalid

Revealed in dev. interviews and later on in 3 Copes

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων