• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Houses has alooooooooooooooooooot going for it

I shouldn't have introduced my brother to the series through it, no other game is going to match Three Houses' level of world building and grounding, even if they will surpass it in gameplay.

That's why when I'm finished with Sacred Stones I imagine it'll be a fight between Genealogy of The Holy War and Path of Radiance, and the games that follow them. I'll probably enjoy the Telius games more from a gameplay standpoint but I've heard a lot of interesting things about Genealogy's story and how Three Houses built upon it.

I'll leave that for future me to deal with though.

Here's a conundrum of a different sort before I go to bed.

OWG1po6w_o.png

When you see this very handsome man, what class comes to mind? I had him settled for wyvern lord, but there's another one and I can't come up with a way to make him unique. I also have a class called wrangler that I feel could suit him, but it uses these animations, and uh... Well, I know this is the same game with Dozla and his generic zerker sprite, but... The dissonance here might be too much of a stretch.

So, I'm open for ideas. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy has the right of it, Ruben. Making these choices HAS to be up to you in the end, saying "well this might get shot down by others" is only gping to put you in a position where you play it safe and never venture into the land of possibilities. 

Sure taking feedback is good and all, but it has to feel right for you as well. 

I know it's rather late, but thank you so much for the encouraging words. I needed that.

Honestly, everyone made fair points. I think I'd better give this a night and think on it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Did you add incest or was there already incest to begin with?

People like to read a lot into Eirika and Ephraim's interactions. Most likely helped by "little sister who is uncomfortably obsessed with her big brother" being a recurring trope in the series.

(very mild spoilers for chapter 16)

Spoiler

Eir and Eph's super weapons, Sieglinde and Siegmund, are apparently named after an incestuous pair, as well, which some people take as a hint to the wielders' relationship.

I personally don't really put very much stock into that, since Fire Emblem seems to pick names from European geography and mythology at random, as long as it sounds cool.

In any case, I think that people get way too excited over small gestures of affection between the wonder twins.

14 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

say

Anyone here played shining force? The super old srpg games?

I played the GBA version of the first game. I'd say don't bother with this originally-1992 game. FE from the 16-bit era has aged much better, faster, more transparent.

Shining Force 2 is supposedly a big improvement over the original, but I never got the chance to try it.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I played the GBA version of the first game. I'd say don't bother with this originally-1992 game. FE from the 16-bit era has aged much better, faster, more transparent.

Shining Force 2 is supposedly a big improvement over the original, but I never got the chance to try it.

I see i see

Just searching for something to easily emulate on mobile while on bed or smth., and came across it.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

say

Anyone here played shining force? The super old srpg games?

Tried a bit of 1, not fond of that one. Want to give 2 more of a chance. 3's apparently not fully translated.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

OWG1po6w_o.png

When you see this very handsome man, what class comes to mind? I had him settled for wyvern lord, but there's another one and I can't come up with a way to make him unique. I also have a class called wrangler that I feel could suit him, but it uses these animations, and uh... Well, I know this is the same game with Dozla and his generic zerker sprite, but... The dissonance here might be too much of a stretch.

So, I'm open for ideas. Any suggestions?

I see what you mean about Wrangler not fitting him. I'd love it for someone like FF IV Cid (He uses hammers, I'll count him), Stoick or young Ganondorf.

As for alternatives, What's your Druid list looking like? /s Is there something being down with Warrior that could work? I was thinking Ranger, but on second glance maybe there's something there to help, I don't know your hack's inner workings.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Am back from band camp! What did I miss?

Cat rescue!

Belly dancing!

TPC being braindead to online communities!

How'd you do?

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

you see the amazing Toothpaste-chan and Pepsi-kun?

Yup! I'm really excited to play Toothpaste emblem.

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Cat rescue!

Yay!

Belly dancing!

???

TPC being braindead to online communities!

What's TPC?

How'd you do?

It went pretty well, thanks! I'm sooo excited for this year's music; absolutely everything is a banger.

Just now, Benice said:

What's TPC?

The Pokemon Company.

They're apparently not fond of nuclockes.

Just now, Benice said:

???

We had a bit of talk on that and other topics lately.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Am back from band camp! What did I miss?

Malob'Kin! 

Sacred Stones, and a shitload of talk about what Tethys' skin color should be.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

???

Yeah that was also a factor.

The Pokemon Company.

Ah, I see.

We had a bit of talk on that and other topics lately.

Zoinks, I really did seem to miss a fair bit of stuff then.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Sacred Stones, and a shitload of talk about what Tethys' skin color should be.

Ah.

...Wait, why IS everyone from Jehanna white?

Sacred Stones question.

What exactly are the use of slim lances?

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah.

...Wait, why IS everyone from Jehanna white?

Yep that's uh, that's exactly what we talked about pretty much, I don't really know when it started nor do I think it has ended so have fun looking through that.

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What exactly are the use of slim lances?

For Vanessa and Tana to double at base

Edited by Punished Dayni

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

know it's rather late, but thank you so much for the encouraging words. I needed that.

Honestly, everyone made fair points. I think I'd better give this a night and think on it tomorrow.

As a fellow modder, i understand how that feels! 

As i said, its okay to not like something, but to make a point of it in a rude way isnt necessary. 

Constructive vs destructive! ❤️

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

For Vanessa and Tana to double at base

Ah yes of course.

Funnily enough Vanessa has maxed out her speed already so she pretty much just doubles everybody and one rounds them.

I don't know if it's because she has insane speed growth or I was just really lucky but as of now she is probably the most deadly unit on my team.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I don't know if it's because she has insane speed growth or I was just really lucky but as of now she is probably the most deadly unit on my team.

Her Spd growth is more than enough to cap before promotion and after too. She hits it at 16/11-13 on average depending on her promotion.