• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Also i don't generally replay games, so...

True, true. You did mention that before!

---

Also, I somehow managed to go from UBW Abridged to "Did T-Rex have lips?" to "Does Megalodon still exist?" (the answer to that last one is heck to the N.O., btw)
The heck? XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion how is R;B3 Victory going?

Okay so far. I had to restart again, but I won't be able to continue tonight because family members need to use the TV the Wii is hooked up to. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Thanks again to you and the others for the advice.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Okay so far. I had to restart again, but I won't be able to continue tonight because family members need to use the TV the Wii is hooked up to. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

Thanks again to you and the others for the advice.

Hopefully it all works out!

Speaking of grinding up weaklings into juggernauts:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-16-14-17-31.png

The two Codexes when both are placed in your inventory give +10% to all non-Move stats. 

Lina is super-bad, there are no chances to grind her unless you kill her in her joining chapter and revive her with Holmes. I did a whole lot of Arena for this, thankfully she naturally has Paragon- the two-stars skill in her set. She joins at level 1 unpromoted and has a 10% Str growth coming late the game.

Also Arena-grinded this:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-11-22-42-39.png

1 Str base + 15% growth (and yet she gets Astra at level 40- the game's maximum level cap). Although in her case, she's a Thief, so she doesn't want to kill things, considering she has a Skl + Spd = % chance of stealing any non-starred item from an enemy's inventory after combat.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...does killing her give her levels or something? Or is Arena only available in Holmes route?

Her joining fight is the last of Runan's second split. Holmes lets you roam the map and grind, but only on his first two splits, the final third one is linear. Characters killed on Runan's team can be revived by Holmes at the Tower of Morse via the three-use Dakruon. While I could've fed Lina monster kills on other maps, it was faster and gave me money to bring her to Fort Ligria, leave one monster on that map unkilled, and put her through the Arena found there.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh god.

Final Battle will be hell without a fortify staff.

Really? I had no* issues with it at all, and I had neither physic nor fortify.

*Except for when apparently Ashera has 3 range and killed Boyd. R.I.P.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-16-14-17-31.png

HOW?! WITH TRS' BERWICK-TIER GROWTHS?!

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lina is super-bad, there are no chances to grind her unless you kill her in her joining chapter and revive her with Holmes. I did a whole lot of Arena for this, thankfully she naturally has Paragon- the two-stars skill in her set. She joins at level 1 unpromoted and has a 10% Str growth coming late the game.

When you need to grind Lina up by visiting the tower of Morse:

Youtube now recs me this. Not that i mind xD

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Really? I had no* issues with it at all, and I had neither physic nor fortify.

Didn't she use her Aoe/All attacks against you? Without a Fortify she would've wiped out half my party in 2 hits

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Didn't she use her Aoe/All attacks against you? Without a Fortify she would've wiped out half my party in 2 hits

Yep. I didn't have too much of a problem with those, other than when Miccy got too close and was OHKO'd. (Which I really should have expected since it's Micaiah.)

Elinicia's canto served me well, and Haar + Provoke ensured everyone else's safety. Aside from that, just Laura doing some heavy lifting and Miccy healing those with Canto.

Edited by Benice

Technically is one more Arena a little later in the game during Runan's third split (which you have to use if you want to train the 3 Move Wood Shooter (Bow Armor in the forms of a tank)), but that one is very close to a moving boss who makes every other boss in the game lose bowel control due to his supreme stats. Not to mention the 1-2 lance that heals him for damage dealt. Hell he's a monster with the Slim Sword he resorts to after the opportunistic NPC gladiator cannon fodder wastes all of the Canaan Lance's durability.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

HOW?! WITH TRS' BERWICK-TIER GROWTHS?!

Berwick's growths look worse to me. But on the Str, I think she gets 3 from promotion, plus a 4 base. So that's 7. With the Salia Tome boosting her Str to 20%, that means 7.8 over 39 levels. 14.8, so 1-2 points blessed. It's the same case for her Def. Her Spd is 65% with the Tome, so that's fine, as are Mag and Lck. Skl may be a little blessed with a 40% Tome'd growth.

Looking at the Rook Knight Move base of 7, and the Paladin's is 8, her 10% Move growth appears to have triggered 4 times, although she's mounted here and the Move cap is 12 so maybe she got even more if I dismount her.

Although speaking of bad TRS growths:

Tear-Ring-Saga-2020-01-10-21-37-29.png

I tried to train him for Leteena recruitment, and this is what I got 21 levels later. 6 more Str, 8 more Skl, 3 Spd, and 6 Def. Thanks Kreiss, you and Arkis are Christmas Cavs of the lowest tier.

Sorry, but Marionette Messiah is so good. I find it hard to believe that this wasn't composed as a final boss theme, but if Levi was recruitable in Alpha, then it can't have been one.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, but Marionette Messiah is so good. I find it hard to believe that this wasn't composed as a final boss theme, but if Levi was recruitable in Alpha, then it can't have been one.

Well, Levi's first appearance was of a final boss. Except her theme was this:

So no, no Marionette Messiah for final boss theme until OG 1.