• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

His first Ad-Lib is called Back Chorus, which rather emphasizes his supportive role overall.

He cheers his friends on, I like that about him.

15 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

We're talking about Tokyo Mirage Sessions now? Yay... I love that game to pieces. I could just go on and on about it!

TMS SWEEP LETS GOOOOOO

Anyone else unironically excited for Fire Emblem Engage's release early next year?

Me, seems like a good way to start the year. Though I doubt I'll pop off like I did this year, there's already a few releases I'm looking forward to. Engage, Atelier Ryza 3, Tears of the Kingdom, Rune Factory 3.

Honestly, that one edit where Male and Female Alear have only Blue/Red hair respectively looks better than what we're getting

Hard disagree because it's not funny and just makes them generic.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Wait

Replaced skills are forgotten pokemon style?

Dumb if true

It is unfortunate however, a lot of skills earned are basically the next step on the tier. No need to keep Fire when you're about to learn Elfire and so on.

There are ways to relearn skills but that requires you leveling up that weapon again, sadly I don't think there's the easy Heart Scale method that Pokemon has but I could be wrong. But at least in the context of TMS, no.

Tokyo Mirage Session cross Fire Emblem is going to be the final Wii U title I ever purchase.

18 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Anyone else unironically excited for Fire Emblem Engage's release early next year?

I'm really looking forward to what it'll bring to the table and what new discussions will come from. I've put fourth my critiques of the trailer but I've yet to dislike a Fire Emblem game so I'm excited.

18 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Just gonna throw this in here and hope that it'll get buried in replies so no one really notices. I pre-ordered the Divine Edition of Fire Emblem Engage yesterday (Because I like to think I'm a bit of a gambling man. Only virtual, in-game currency gambling of course). This'll be the first Fire Emblem I'm preordering and getting the special edition for, so that'll be pretty cool. I must have the art book and poster of Pepsi-Kun and Colgate-Chan, you see. 

If I have the money I'll definitely get the special edition, I love artbooks and shit like that.

7 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Wait

Replaced skills are forgotten pokemon style?

Dumb if true

You can relearn them if you want. Not yet, but I think after Chapter 2 the ability to reforge Carnages opens up. You can remake the Carnage using the same materials you used the first time, also provides a tiiiiiiiiiny attack bonus to it, and lets you acquire the fifth skill on each Carnage IIRC.

Just now, Armagon said:

I hope this implies you have Xenoblade X.

Slow down Arma, they haven't even tried XC1 yet.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*One of two final Wii U titles I'll purchase.

Which reminds me. I'm pushing back the time I'll play XCDE so I can go on my crusade to play as many Fire Emblem games as I can before Engage but when I finally do play Xenoblade, I imagine Xenoblade X is one to be played after the first one?

The dungeons sure are long hmm

I have played Final dungeons shorter than the ch1/2 dungeon of this game xD

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can relearn them if you want. Not yet, but I think after Chapter 2 the ability to reforge Carnages opens up. You can remake the Carnage using the same materials you used the first time, also provides a tiiiiiiiiiny attack bonus to it, and lets you acquire the fifth skill on each Carnage IIRC.

naruhodo.gif

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

, I imagine Xenoblade X is one to be played after the first one?

Xenoblade X can be played whenever as it's completely removed from the other games but it's combat is basically a way better version of Xenoblade 1's combat and going back to Xenoblade 1 after it is basically impossible.

Xenoblade 1 is great to start, terrible to go back to after you've played what's come after.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

They're not long, you just can't sprint.

...nah actually, I do recall some P5 dungeons being long even with sprint and funny stealth movement. Jeff Bezos' Palace in particular was pain and misery.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Which reminds me. I'm pushing back the time I'll play XCDE so I can go on my crusade to play as many Fire Emblem games as I can before Engage but when I finally do play Xenoblade, I imagine Xenoblade X is one to be played after the first one?

First -you need to see if even like Xenoblade first. -And we won't judge you if you don't like it humanity has already been found deficient, liquidation and reconstruction of the world shall begin shortly.😃

Second, XCX is entirely independent of XC1. Completely separate world, the Nopon exist b/c franchise mascot creatures, but otherwise they're 100% unrelated.

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I have played Final dungeons shorter than the ch1/2 dungeon of this game xD

As someone who has a played a fair deal of Atlus titles, this is definitely the game's MegaTen blood showing (or Atlus in general- see Etrian Odyssey). TMS#FE I would be willing to consider a 3D third-person dungeon-crawling JRPG, with the dungeon quality being fairly good IMO.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They're not long, you just can't sprint.

Both

After all, ch1 dungeon was like 7 floors wew

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

with the dungeon quality being fairly good IMO.

Yeah agree so far

But it does wear on the person a bit

3 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

After all, ch1 dungeon was like 7 floors wew

It did also have the weird mannequin puzzles so that probably lengthend it.

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

But it does wear on the person a bit

With a game like this, you have to adjust your mindset a little. In many JRPGs, it's one trip in and out and you're done in a jiffy. TMS has fewer dungeons than your typical not-dungeon-crawling JRPG, but that does mean more time per dungeon and potentially the need to pull out to restore HP/MP and then go back in. I'm used to this style.

BTW, if you opt to heal yourself via the vending machines in the Fortuna office, keep an eye out for the rare Muscle Drink EX. The beverages offered in the office are randomized, and the Muscle Drink EX is the only food item that temporarily boosts everyone's Luck. Just a fun fact, it's not important whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

TMS SWEEP LETS GOOOOOO

Me, seems like a good way to start the year. Though I doubt I'll pop off like I did this year, there's already a few releases I'm looking forward to. Engage, Atelier Ryza 3, Tears of the Kingdom, Rune Factory 3.

Hard disagree because it's not funny and just makes them generic.

Hate to be a killjoy, but I was being sarcastic when I said I "liked TMS to pieces". In actuality, I've got mixed feelings on the game overall. The Persona fan in me likes the game, but the Fire Emblem fan in me doesn't. It just feels more like a Persona game with Fire Emblem elements and characters thrown in than a true crossover between both IPs if you ask me (There's also the whole idol thing that I don't care much for among a few other things, but I'll just leave at that). Doesn't mean I hate the game per se, just one I'm not the biggest fan of.

My 2023 Wish List so far is: Fire Emblem Engage, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Breath of The Wild 2, basically), Pikmin 4 (Finally!), Resident Evil 4 Remake, Like a Dragon: The Man Who Erased His Name, and Like a Dragon: Ishin. 

You've got a point there. There are more blue-haired lords and red-haired lords in FE than PS3 games I've ever played. I will say that the blue + red hair combination is unique, but a singular hair color would've looked better in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Tokyo Mirage Session cross Fire Emblem is going to be the final Wii U title I ever purchase.

I'm really looking forward to what it'll bring to the table and what new discussions will come from. I've put fourth my critiques of the trailer but I've yet to dislike a Fire Emblem game so I'm excited.

If I have the money I'll definitely get the special edition, I love artbooks and shit like that.

Not buying TMS #FE Encore on Switch, eh? Granted, I own it on Wii U anyways, so...

Same. It's looking to be a really good entry based on the trailer. Now could it be my new favorite FE? That's a high bar to cross, so probably not. But hopefully one I enjoy nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing what the final product will look like upon release.

Same, I tend to go for a special edition of a game if I liked previous entries in the series. It's nice to have some bonus collectibles for the game, too. And the poster looks pretty cool, would love to hang that up on my wall.

Edited by CyberZord

7 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Hate to be a killjoy, but I was being sarcastic when I said I "liked TMS to pieces". In actuality, I've got mixed feelings on the game overall. The Persona fan in me likes the game, but the Fire Emblem fan in me doesn't. It just feels more like a Persona game with Fire Emblem elements and character thrown in than a true crossover between both IPs if you ask me. Doesn't mean it's a bad game per se, just one I'm in the middle on. 

TMS SWEEP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok jokes aside, it's definitely not a true crossover between the two series but i'm not really sure how you could do that beyond just fanservice. 

As it stands right now tho, it is the best MegaTen game i've played, of which i've played three and have yet to beat one of them.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In many JRPGs, it's one trip in and out and you're done in a jiffy. TMS has fewer dungeons than your typical not-dungeon-crawling JRPG, but that does mean more time per dungeon and potentially the need to pull out to restore HP/MP and then go back in.

i see i see

Well, still, i didn't expect early game dungeons to be that long XD

That, and well, many jrpgs do offer more varried locations than just dungeons...

even if the dungeons here are better than alot of those i saw

That, and turn based + long dungeon...well, i wouldn't have minded it much if it was action xD. I prefer long dungeons in turn based games to be more late game.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW, if you opt to heal yourself via the vending machines in the Fortuna office, keep an eye out for the rare Muscle Drink EX. The beverages offered in the office are randomized, and the Muscle Drink EX is the only food item that temporarily boosts everyone's Luck. Just a fun fact, it's not important whatsoever.

ty for the info!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok jokes aside, it's definitely not a true crossover between the two series but i'm not really sure how you could do that beyond just fanservice. 

I think going more deeper with the Emblemsonas would be cool for such a crossover and the bonds between em (I hope the game does that).

That, and more tactical options during gameplay

THAT'S DUNCAN OVER THERE!

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I think going more deeper with the Emblemsonas would be cool for such a crossover and the bonds between em (I hope the game does that).

That, and more tactical options during gameplay

For what it's worth, the Emblemsonas are actual characters. This is not the case in actual Persona where Personas are simply just the powers the characters have.

The Emblemsonas are also just better designed, the P5 Personas at least kinda had too much going on.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TMS SWEEP LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As it stands right now tho, it is the best MegaTen game i've played, of which i've played three and have yet to beat one of them.

Alright, you got me with the second "TMS SWEEP" comment. Have a virtual chocolate-chip cookie. 🙂

Fair enough. A true crossover in my eyes would just amount to lots of fanservice, so it's probably for the better that we got something more original while combining parts from both IPs. I can give the game that, at least.

If we're counting the Persona games among the SMT games (It's a spinoff series, technically I think, but close enough), then Persona 5 Royal is my personal favorite. Well worth the days of my life that I wasted on that game. Not sure if I want to do it all again for the Switch version, though.

Ah yes, Xenoblade Chronicles X, I have that on my shelf, right? *Scans catalogue of games with increasing discomfort* Huh, I guess I don't. Armagon, Interdimensional Observer and others who own or have at least played XCX won't call me out on it, right? Well, Xenoblade Chronicles: DE, 2, and 3 are all the Xenoblade I need to prove that I'm a tried and true, Grade-A, Grass-Fed, Gluten-Free XenoEmblem fan!

Edited by CyberZord

3 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Huh, I guess I don't. Armagon, Interdimensional Observer and others who own or have at least played XCX won't call me out on it, right? 

*silently judges*

Nah, it's okay. Despite owning it I've yet to finish it either.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me, I still have an unfinished playthrough. ... uh huh. Yeah, ever since I began working it's all been reduced to a crawl.

Me with Xenoblade X replay. 

3 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

A true crossover in my eyes would just amount to lots of fanservice, so it's probably for the better that we got something more original while combining parts from both IPs. I can give the game that, at least.

It'd work for a Musou or something at least.

The closest we could theoretically get is another Project X Zone. We have Fire Emblem in there already and Sega owns MegaTen because Sega owns Atlus. So it's possible.

We would have to actually get a Project X Zone 3 first tho.

4 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

then Persona 5 Royal is my personal favorite. Well worth the days of my life that I wasted on that game. Not sure if I want to do it all again for the Switch version, though.

Persona 5 Royal is in the three MegaTen games i mentioned and i regret to inform you that my experience with the game was basically the exact opposite of yours. Like i beat it but it singlehandedly killed any interest i had in Persona as a whole.

6 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Huh, I guess I don't. Armagon, Interdimensional Observer and others who own or have at least played XCX won't call me out on it, right?

ON_MY_TL.gif

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And Fie with an actually good design? 

Damn you're playing Kuro already?

Hm? It seems fanfiction.net has stopped registering the views/visits of CotF. Don't know if it's something in general or just the story. Since I know it could easily just be no one reading it.

On that subject, while I still have time. Time to upload it here on Serenes!

1 hour ago, CyberZord said:

Honestly, that one edit where Male and Female Alear have only Blue/Red hair respectively looks better than what we're getting. Not that I hate Alear's design. Their outfit looks pretty sick and I don't mind the dual hair colors all that much.

Hard disagree, the toothpaste hair is just plain fun, and heterochromia is far more interesting as well.

Ah the game that killed my interest in the Xenoblade Chronicles series...

41 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

Hate to be a killjoy, but I was being sarcastic when I said I "liked TMS to pieces". In actuality, I've got mixed feelings on the game overall. The Persona fan in me likes the game, but the Fire Emblem fan in me doesn't. It just feels more like a Persona game with Fire Emblem elements and characters thrown in than a true crossover between both IPs if you ask me (There's also the whole idol thing that I don't care much for among a few other things, but I'll just leave at that). Doesn't mean I hate the game per se, just one I'm not the biggest fan of.

I don''t think it feels like either a Persona game, or a Fire Emblem game. Persona games touch on a lot more serious topics and themes. I like TMS #FE, but it ended up being its own thing entirely, distinctly separate from either of the two games it supposedly is a crossover of.