Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that's exactly my point. If Keves is gonna get secondary CD, then so will Agnus. And it's not like there aren't any good Arts on the Keves side anyways.

No they dont have to, thats the thing.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Like I agree Keves Arts need a buff but secondary CD is not the way to do it, the game wasn't built around that. This ain't Xenoblade X.

The effects dont have to be extreme like X, but its better than what we have.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

I do think something akin to a faster recharge upon canceling is a good way to buff kevesi arts, tho. 

Like Agnus alreasy has it, give it to Keves as well

Yes but secondary CD isn't this. Secondary CD is basically another cooldowns that adds to the Art. You can either use it then or wait a bit more for stronger effects. Tertiary is the one that's instant because Overdrive.

But Xenoblade X is also the game where Arts have like 10 levels. Xenoblade 3 Arts don't upgrade that much.

The boost upon cancelling is a much better idea.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just give all secondary CD arts the "able to use twice" effect only. That way, their speed is basically on par with Agnus side.

I believe there's a Skill for this actually. 

Edited by Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But Xenoblade X is also the game where Arts have like 10 levels. Xenoblade 3 Arts don't upgrade that much.

Incorrect! That is XC1.

For XCX, Arts and Skills start at level 1 and can be upgraded to level 5. Prior to the postgame where the (what was paid DLC in Japan) grinding missions unlock, one can readily invest BP into Arts and Skills to get them to level 2 or 3 if so desired, it's cheap enough. However, I advise holding off on upgrading to 4 or 5 until the postgame, except for the abilities you really want to max out, since the BP cost becomes rather expensive.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Incorrect! That is XC1.

For XCX, Arts and Skills start at level 1 and can be upgraded to level 5

Ok I kinda figured.

Meanwhile in 3, Arts and Skills have....three levels. And they are upgraded via Class progressions, not the usual way. And given that you'd need the Ascension Quests to fully max it out, I don't think adding Secondary CD into 3 would work.

Well...

V9UHQ3hF_o.png

Fuck. I actually am trying. The ears are weird, I gotta fix those...

At this rate I'm going to go back and make a portrait for the eye, too, even though there's two awesome mogall portraits in the repository already, just so I can say I made all the portraits in the game.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

believe there's a Skill for this actually.

Would be better inherently.

Secondary CD rewards the player for not just art nuking the entire fight (overdrive not withstanding) 

And feels more "balanced" than XC2 art style.

Got a late morning play session into Zestiria after taking a day's break.

I'm really not liking the Medusa-type bosses. I took out what was the third one of these, and Petrify is awful. There isn't a consumable to cure it, the infliction chance seems pretty much guaranteed if you don't defend or stay out of the attack's range, and the third boss gave you next to no warning time to do either of those things. Once Petrified, you've no choice but to wait until the Medusa kills the character (or rather two-in-one with Armatization).

On the positive side. (Spoilered b/c plenty of big screenshots.):

Spoiler

20220921102833-1.jpg

Zaveid is aggressively heterosexual, a bit rudely so. From the perspective of him being the old character of the group, it does suit him to have such an outdated attitude towards women.

20220921102841-1.jpg20220921102844-1.jpg20220921102853-1.jpg

...On the other hand, him being such a free spirit makes me capable of reimagining him as very bisexual.

I also like Zaveid's fashion excuse, even if it feels like a total lie. What he expresses is what he feels methinks -but then Zelos paired outward egotistic flirtation with unexpressed internal self-loathing.

20220921102929-1.jpg20220921102936-1.jpg

Don't hide your true feelings Zav!😜

I appreciate they ended with this homoerotic joke to a "let's go spy on ladies in the sauna" skit. With no actual perv activity occurring. I never care for those scenes.

Zaveid has proven himself a rather likable addition to the team. Not perfect, but what is perfection in a video game character? His antagonistic first impressions are a thing of the past.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well...

V9UHQ3hF_o.png

At this rate I'm going to go back and make a portrait for the eye, too, even though there's two awesome mogall portraits in the repository already, just so I can say I made all the portraits in the game.

Wait, how did you make this? Is there some kind of program that lets you shove an image in and it creates an GBAFE-compatible sprite out of it? Because that fur is incredibly, incomprehensibly detailed.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, how did you make this? Is there some kind of program that lets you shove an image in and it creates an GBAFE-compatible sprite out of it? Because that fur is incredibly, incomprehensibly detailed.

Nope. You see, what I did was, I grabbed a stock photo of an arctic wolf, I went "zwoop" on paint.net and shrunk it down to a GBA-friendly size. Then I threw it on this program called Usenti, which allows you to lower the color count in an image. And then I spent an hour tinkering with it to make it look not garbage.

It still looks WAY too realistically detailed for anime GBAFE, of course, but... good enough? I mean, it IS supposed to look rather off-putting, being a monster and all... I'm not an artist, I can't draw an anime wolf, so it'll have to do.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope. You see, what I did was, I grabbed a stock photo of an arctic wolf, I went "zwoop" on paint.net and shrunk it down to a GBA-friendly size. Then I threw it on this program called Usenti, which allows you to lower the color count in an image. And then I spent an hour tinkering with it to make it look not garbage.

It still looks WAY too realistically detailed for anime GBAFE, of course, but... good enough? I mean, it IS supposed to look rather off-putting, being a monster and all... I'm not an artist, I can't draw an anime wolf, so it'll have to do.

I think so.😃

And for me at least, probably not for you, fanhacks have an inherent aura of "unnaturalness" to them. Which sounds weird because nothing about video games is "natural", but fan projects remind me video games are artifice in a way "official" video games do not. I buy into an immersive lie of "this wasn't assembled in a computer, there isn't a void of digital space just beyond the razor-thin walls of a dungeon" when playing games put out on the market by developers of any size. -So if anything looks off in a fanhack, it wouldn't remove me from an immersion I wasn't in in the first place. A fanhack, by meddling with what others have developed, already acknowledges video games are not "real, pristine, untouchable and sacred objects", but a bunch of LEGOs arranged to create a semblance of something real. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

jJHDOrs8_o.png

Well, it's nightmare fuel.

I am decently satisfied. I'll spare you the blinking and talking frames.

@Punished Dayni This what you had in mind?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think so.😃

And for me at least, probably not for you, fanhacks have an inherent aura of "unnaturalness" to them. Which sounds weird because nothing about video games is "natural", but fan projects remind me video games are artifice in a way "official" video games do not. I buy into an immersive lie of "this wasn't assembled in a computer, there isn't a void of digital space just beyond the razor-thin walls of a dungeon" when playing games put out on the market by developers of any size. -So if anything looks off in a fanhack, it wouldn't remove me from an immersion I wasn't in in the first place. A fanhack, by meddling with what others have developed, already acknowledges video games are not "real, pristine, untouchable and sacred objects", but a bunch of LEGOs arranged to create a semblance of something real. 

No, I do get what you mean. It's funny, because official portraits themselves are honestly far from perfect a lot of the time. And yet, you can pretty much always tell when a portrait is fanmade. Be it a difference in artstyle, a little roughness to it - or a bit too much perfection to it, different use of colors. There's always something, which is fine, really.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's funny, because official portraits themselves are honestly far from perfect a lot of the time.

Not to bash Kaga, but I felt like I felt this with TRS. Specifically:

ts-sun.gif

Let's compare San with her friend and her friend's sisters, also Sniper Goddess b/c similar hair color.:

ts-frau.gifts-mahter.gifts-verna.gifts-raquel.gif

I know, I should've gone for bigger images, but I'm being hasty.

San's hair has less gloss than usual for TRS's aesthetic, her eyes look rougher, "flatter"- more as if someone drew them on, and the eyes are also somewhat oversized for TRS. -In my opinion.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

- Concepts as enemies [x]

I love fighting the concepts of existential dread and mortality but they're giant monsters!

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Persona 6 should be set in college, it'd be like infinitely more interesting.

Dungeon in the form of a house party where the person is a dangerous alcoholic?

A labyrinthine college building where you have to figure out where the power-tripping prof is to stop them manipulating grades?

The library being taken over by an obnoxious person who's taken the place and acted like it's their palace?

Sign me up!

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The use is to break morale by causing recipients to brick it and get caught trying to run.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

V9UHQ3hF_o.png

The veteran wolf looks the part that's for sure.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm gonna look into this Usenti.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

jJHDOrs8_o.png

Well, it's nightmare fuel.

I am decently satisfied. I'll spare you the blinking and talking frames.

@Punished Dayni This what you had in mind?

Hyperrealistic wolf.

https://c.tenor.com/UCy26KynGH8AAAAC/tomska-horsemask.gif

54 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A fanhack, by meddling with what others have developed, already acknowledges video games are not "real, pristine, untouchable and sacred objects", but a bunch of LEGOs arranged to create a semblance of something real. 

Yeah this is why I don't really play fanhacks in the first place, no offense to those who make them. I'm more likely to play something from the ground up but even then, it's like, it has be it's own thing and not "hey I made Sonic but good".

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ts-sun.gif

Let's compare San with her friend and her friend's sisters, also Sniper Goddess b/c similar hair color.:

San's hair has less gloss than usual for TRS's aesthetic, her eyes look rougher, "flatter"- more as if someone drew them on, and the eyes are also somewhat oversized for TRS. -In my opinion.

Yes, the KagaSagas all have this issue. Berwick Saga less so, but even there, you can tell the lightning on some portraits is off.

28 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hyperrealistic wolf.

https://c.tenor.com/UCy26KynGH8AAAAC/tomska-horsemask.gif

It really does look like a cringe creepypasta character, doesn't it.

See the problem with stuff like this is that I'll make a portrait for a Gotoh or a generic miniboss, and then I'll like it enough that I'll want to make them playable and give them a lot of time to shine lol

Nah but I know exactly how to let Doggo show off... and spice up a really boring filler chapter, while I'm at it!

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Did you reach Chapter 3?

FE1 I stopped after the first chapter and FE11 I stopped after that same map in FE1, though I don't remember what the chapter was.

13 hours ago, CyberZord said:

Huh, you guys are more accepting of Alear's Colgate/Pepsi hair than what I've seen outside Serenes Forest. Honestly, that's nice to see compared to people straight up hating it. Though I did make it seem like I don't like the toothpaste hair, didn't I?

I do like the design I'm just not a huge fan of the color brightness, there's something very artificial about it to me so far.

When more fanart like this started popping up it definitely gave me a better appreciation for the design.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah this is why I don't really play fanhacks in the first place, no offense to those who make them. I'm more likely to play something from the ground up but even then, it's like, it has be it's own thing and not "hey I made Sonic but good".

So you wont play mods but you will play a game using a bunch of codes? 

Interesting.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, I do get what you mean. It's funny, because official portraits themselves are honestly far from perfect a lot of the time. And yet, you can pretty much always tell when a portrait is fanmade. Be it a difference in artstyle, a little roughness to it - or a bit too much perfection to it, different use of colors. There's always something, which is fine, really.

It's particular funny with Sacred Stones, considering we know for a fact that some heads weren't always screwed onto the same bodies. Like how L'Arachel's lost her head to someone else.

protoface.png

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ts-sun.gif

I find the Pegasus trio really confusing in general. They all have the exact same posture and expression, which they also share with Sasha and Lina. But as far as I can see, nothing about them is copy & pasted. They were all individually drawn that way from the ground up.
I would really like to know what's up with that.

Edited by BrightBow

53 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So you wont play mods but you will play a game using a bunch of codes? 

Interesting.

I rarely use codes in the first place either. I try as much as possible to play the game without them.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don’t you guys find it a bit odd that FE Engage was only officially announced about four months from when it gets released?

No. FE usually keeps the announcement-release gap small, unlike one too many AAA games nowadays. It's not shady, it's fortunate. It's only unfortunate if the game was underbaked -except that wouldn't matter regardless of when it was first officially announced if the start-of-development and release dates remained the same.