Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Although, come to think of it... was it really back in 2011 when I dabbled in portrait making? Probably a year or two afterwards... I know I was using a program too to make them fall under sixteen colors, even if they were never going to be used for a hack. I just liked the consistency.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1RYuaAr.png

@Saint Rubenio I couldn't find something with poison but this was a reliable method.

3y9rzvQ.png

After physically abusing Tethys for 30 minutes I finally managed to level up L'Arachel into a Valkyrie

rByb1QP.png9gXNHua.png

Guys I'm gonna be honest.

They are really pulling on my heart strings with this plot.

ja646nO.png

Oh hey it's Vanessa's sister! Given how late in the game we are I imagine her stats will be pretty good!

QUVLGIc.png

I've made enough Garon jokes at this point.

cN1e6At.png

...Hi.

baTVK3U.png

Oh goodie, a protect the stupid ally AI map, my favorite.

JfRVS6E.png4YBBc7k.png

Aww, how sweet. It's good to see siblings being reunited finally.

2jbyJgk.png

I have a horrible Breaking Bad theory… | The Back Row

5GuhgL4.png

She would be so proud.

fbCkPnI.png

What is this, a video game?

eVIWTOM.png

This 5 second long attack cutscene is cool but it gets tiring after the 40th time.

wqcYGQ6.png

Wahoo.

Actually one of the easier bosses in a while

I didn't have Eirika or anyone else that might've had a conversation with him initiate an attack so I'll have to look at whatever unique dialogue there is.

1f5OvKz.png

Why don't these mind controlling demons ever take control of like a bear or something?

bXl5xwy.pngmNjUpGd.png

Hooray for weapons too high of a weapon rank for anybody in my team to use.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

2jbyJgk.png

Right after getting her? Or at least same turn?

d82

Also, it long stopped mattering I guess, but Narube River was the thing I put up in spoiler tags back in the weekend.

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ah, also

Limited slots pokemon style is stupid.

Atleast let me change attacks whenever i want outside battle.

100% agree. This limits the system a bit too much imo.

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Bosses getting a 2nd free attack...i don't like this.

*Eyerolls in Digital Devil Saga 2's Final Boss's 5 attacks per turn*

I'm clearly more tolerant of this stuff than you. I guess I have lower standards.

2 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

The aforementioned Digital Devil Saga did this.

Honestly, I didn't mind the limitation. Again, I'm used to it, and it's not like each character has an overabundance of skill variety. Leaving it a little limited makes for a bit of decisioning of what you want to them carry around. Plus if I really needed to change out a skill b/c a boss is impassable otherwise, I still have a way to do that, even if it isn't the most convenient.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Dear whoever made that ticket,

I know who you are.  I know you'll read this.  I didn't appreciate the fact that you felt that you couldn't make the ticket while logged in.  As such, no action will be taken.  If you have an issue with this, PM me and talk it out.  And next time, if you're going to report someone for something like that, have the courage to do so while logged in.  That way, I don't have to get creative to figure out who said that, let alone why it was an issue.

Signed,
The mod who's dead tired and probably shouldn't be out of bed

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How convenient. Usenti, huh. Sounds familiar... if it was something from back around 2011 then I guess it is, haha.

I mean, if you google Usenti some of the first image results are of GBAFE portraits. It was one of the quintessential tools recommended back when I first started my own portrait shenanigans.

Probably still is, the thing is ancient but still does its job. FEBuilder does fix the "too many colors" issue by itself when you import a portrait, but if you're in the middle of editing it that's more awkward.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

1RYuaAr.png

@Saint Rubenio I couldn't find something with poison but this was a reliable method.

3y9rzvQ.png

After physically abusing Tethys for 30 minutes I finally managed to level up L'Arachel into a Valkyrie

Don't feel bad. Physical abuse is how everyone does it.

rByb1QP.png9gXNHua.png

Guys I'm gonna be honest.

They are really pulling on my heart strings with this plot.

Good ol' Lyon. He has a penchant for that.

JfRVS6E.png4YBBc7k.png

Aww, how sweet. It's good to see siblings being reunited finally.

2jbyJgk.png

Aaaaand this is why she joins early in my hack. Syrene is very cool, especially by pegasus standards, but... Damn, she just feels like she joins at the wrong time.

fbCkPnI.png

What is this, a video game?

Insert "this is not a game" trope

eVIWTOM.png

This 5 second long attack cutscene is cool but it gets tiring after the 40th time.

That's fenrir for ya. And it is like, twice as fast as it is in FE6. Imagine that!

wqcYGQ6.png

Wahoo.

Actually one of the easier bosses in a while

Lyon has no con, that's his problem. All of the tomes he ever uses weigh ten thousand tons and he has the con of a slightly scrawny adolescent.

Why don't these mind controlling demons ever take control of like a bear or something?

The bear doesn't have Lyon's cool ass cape.

bXl5xwy.pngmNjUpGd.png

Hooray for weapons too high of a weapon rank for anybody in my team to use.

That's what happens when you still have unpromoted folks in chapter 17 lololololol

Edited by Saint Rubenio

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaaand this is why she joins early in my hack. Syrene is very cool, especially by pegasus standards, but... Damn, she just feels like she joins at the wrong time.

Ah well. now she resides in the field of reeds where she harvests wheat with Franz, Joshua, Ismire, Neimi, Artur, Marisa, Moulder, Orson and Monica.

...And that one child I failed to save on that one fog map with the spiders.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's what happens when you still have unpromoted folks in chapter 17 lololololol

Hey, if I can beat these late game chapters with little to no struggle, that means I don't need super weapons.

In all seriousness, this games hits a sweet spot for me where it's easy enough for my dumbass to figure out but complex enough to where I have to put actual thought into what I'm doing unlike mindlessly blowing through Three Houses chapters.

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Ah well. now she resides in the field of reeds where she harvests wheat with Franz, Joshua, Ismire, Neimi, Artur, Marisa, Moulder, Orson and Monica.

...And that one child I failed to save on that one fog map with the spiders.

Boulder better get a second wind in the Eph run. Otherwise I will go to your house and unplug the microwave, leaving you in cold breakfast anguish.

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey, if I can beat these late game chapters with little to no struggle, that means I don't need super weapons.

In all seriousness, this games hits a sweet spot for me where it's easy enough for my dumbass to figure out but complex enough to where I have to put actual thought into what I'm doing unlike mindlessly blowing through Three Houses chapters.

That moment when I see someone arguing Sacred Stones is more challenging than Three Houses.

Catharsis

Nah, I get it. In fact, I'll say that from personal experience I know you made the right choice. You see, my elitist ass had it so internalized that FE8 is easy that I recommended my friend to play it on hard for his first time.

It was his second FE ever. He suffered greatly. Turns out, it's easy when you've already played Binding Blade like 15 times by the time you tackle SS, like I did. Oof.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Boulder better get a second wind in the Eph run. Otherwise I will go to your house and unplug the microwave, leaving you in cold breakfast anguish.

We don't have a microwave.

We have a very old toaster that we use to heat up leftovers and not much else, you could unplug that in which case I would no longer be able to heat up my cereal, so I suppose that's a motivation as any.

I'll definitely give Moulder more spotlight then, as well as any other characters that bit the dust too soon. Swear to god, the Marisa swordmaster dream is still alive.

Speaking of which, pretend me not mentioning Amelia in that list of names was a funny joke and not me totally forgetting she existed

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That moment when I see someone arguing Sacred Stones is more challenging than Three Houses.

Catharsis

Heh, I imagine I'd find more fun out of Three Houses if I treated it more like a sandbox, akin to Awakening. 

The original plan was to play another route of Three Houses after Sacred Stones but seeing as me and my brother are doing our own little playthrough of Verdant Wind, I'll probably give it a little bit more time.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, I get it. In fact, I'll say that from personal experience I know you made the right choice. You see, my elitist ass had it so internalized that FE8 is easy that I recommended my friend to play it on hard for his first time.

It was his second FE ever. He suffered greatly. Turns out, it's easy when you've already played Binding Blade like 15 times by the time you tackle SS, like I did. Oof.

Heheh, aye. That's something I hoped was made clear when asking for recommendations on my next FE title, that I wasn't asking for what their preferred game was, more what would be the next good step to take.

7 hours ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ah, also

Legends Arceus at least allows this, let it be standard I say.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm, you'd played BB before SS.

SS was my second, when I played it BB didn't have a good patch and that was for the best.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, if you google Usenti some of the first image results are of GBAFE portraits. It was one of the quintessential tools recommended back when I first started my own portrait shenanigans.

It also works for SNES games!

This feels like a cut-in to me when he crits, but obviously the transition and cut to it blends in. Was it the same with the other crits? Think it was, but didn't really see that till now. Looks like crit quotes are back after all. And the guy falls with some weight to him too, not a happy end I suppose.

His name's Clan in Japan by the way.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, I didn't mind the limitation. Again, I'm used to it, and it's not like each character has an overabundance of skill variety.

Again, I also think because a lot of MegaTen skillets are "this but stronger", limiting it Pokemon style does cut down on repetition.

Again, you don't need to keep Fire once you get Elfire. And so on.

Not that I don't necessarily disagree with what Shrimpy's saying, I did find myself thinking there could be a bit more slots both in this and SH2 (strangely enough, I didn't feel this in P5, maybe because you learn skills less often) but like, I see why it's there.

Just selecting (X) option repetitively doesnt make the gameplay very interactive.

See this is why XC has the player able to use so many attacks, cause having alot of options makes gameplay more enjoyable from a combat PoV ofc.

Edited by lightcosmo

We don't have a microwave.

We have a very old toaster that we use to heat up leftovers and not much else, you could unplug that in which case I would no longer be able to heat up my cereal, so I suppose that's a motivation as any.

I will go to your house and use your toilet, but I will miss and leave the back of the seat area slightly smeared with piss. Yeah, I'll go that far.

I'll definitely give Moulder more spotlight then, as well as any other characters that bit the dust too soon. Swear to god, the Marisa swordmaster dream is still alive.

Marisa assassin funnier

Speaking of which, pretend me not mentioning Amelia in that list of names was a funny joke and not me totally forgetting she existed

I am going to move your broom in front of a door, so it falls when you open it, startling you for a moment.

Heh, I imagine I'd find more fun out of Three Houses if I treated it more like a sandbox, akin to Awakening. 

That's the way it's designed. Until Reunion at Dawn, which is designed entirely against that concept

Heheh, aye. That's something I hoped was made clear when asking for recommendations on my next FE title, that I wasn't asking for what their preferred game was, more what would be the next good step to take.

Okay but listen, Berwick Saga is the natural next step--

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hmm, you'd played BB before SS.

SS was my second, when I played it BB didn't have a good patch and that was for the best.

Gringe patch was already around in my noob days. I still say Jerrot is the best name for that guy.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

It also works for SNES games!

Really, anything where you need your colors reduced. Quite handy.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

This feels like a cut-in to me when he crits, but obviously the transition and cut to it blends in. Was it the same with the other crits? Think it was, but didn't really see that till now. Looks like crit quotes are back after all. And the guy falls with some weight to him too, not a happy end I suppose.

Honestly, this just feels like a superior approach to the concept of cut-ins. Same effect of hyping up the crit, so to speak, but without outright stopping the action for it.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

His name's Clan in Japan by the way.

Hmm... Clam? No that's silly. Calm? Callam?

...Klamp? I mean I can see Bianca picking up martial arts so it checks out... But where is Burroughs?

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Ok Armor knights don't have 3 Mov *phew*

Engage scores another win for the list. It won't be long till it emblem fuses with goodness.