Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also honestly Thracia is one of the easier FE titles out there after the beginning

Shrimp-kun…are…are feeling okay? Is everything alright?

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Shrimp-kun…are…are feeling okay? Is everything alright?

yes?

I never really found Thracia any hard post Manster arc

All it's difficulty is put in Kaga surprises ™️ , really

I have more trouble with TMS atm than i ever had with Thracia

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Sakurai confirmed Smash is anime

Smash fans in shambles

Edited by Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων

6 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

If you are gonna play Thracia, play FE4 first

I'm aware. I imagine the actual choice will be between FE4 and FE9 but that's future Quetzal's choice. Current Quetzal is packing a few things before he leave to visit his folks and around sometime then I'll start Ephraim's route.

7 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

It’s good to see that Benice isn’t the only one who learned from the tactics of Ulysses S. Grant.

I have more trouble with TMS atm than i ever had with Thracia

B67777FB-6023-49A6-95F6-F80BD490F60E.png.e6da2b6dc6ac35b2428e1382ae6172f7.png

36 minutes ago, ping said:

SacSto minus Seth is reasonably difficult, in my opinion. Not BinBla or New Mystery on their highest difficulties kind of tough, but... reasonable. I personally never understood why people struggle more with PoR than with SacSto, honestly.

I do think that SacSto has a couple duds in its map pool, but then again, so does every game in the series.

PoR is undeniably far easier than SS. SS without Seth is all right, and even then, it throws a couple curveballs at you, mainly in Eph's route. PoR without Titania at most takes a couple more chapters to break in half, because everyone is broken and enemies are even more incapable than SS's.

31 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

pretty much

FE8 with a balance/difficulty patch is pretty high up there FE wise, imo.

It doesn't really do anything offensively bad.

Not even a patch, just using the randomizer to raise the enemy growths slightly works like a charm. The game is not that flawed. Funny coming from a guy currently modding the game - but then, I'm doing that because I really like this game, difficulty issues aside. Wouldn't enjoy modding FE7 half as much.

21 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Offenses above all. Wether STR/MAG/SKL/SPD stats and/or stronger weapons

Don't buff defences much or it would be a chore.

Pretty much what I did, yeah.

21 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also skill patch and give em skills ala Conquest

Eh, to be honest, adding the skill patch to a hack requires a lot more effort, thought and fine-tuning than it would seem. If you just throw skills in because skills good, they end up doing absolutely nothing save for the two or three skills that either make player units broken and/or ruin the player's day when the enemy has them. You know, just like every single FE with skills that isn't Fates.

If you're not going to design the game around skills, I personally believe it's for the best not to have them. I've played plenty of hacks that didn't need skills to be interesting and challenging.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm aware. I imagine the actual choice will be between FE4 and FE9 but that's future Quetzal's choice. Current Quetzal is packing a few things before he leave to visit his folks and around sometime then I'll start Moulder's route.

Good. Use Boulder.

19 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Just play 24x bro

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PoR without Titania at most takes a couple more chapters to break in half, because everyone is broken and enemies are even more incapable than SS's.

Spoiler

And yet somehow PoR has an utter RNG fest of a boss and a final boss that causes me frustrations because of design.

PoR isn't hard, but it sure as hell can be unfair.

Edited by Punished Dayni

3 hours ago, Eunie said:

I've beaten Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Man, this was a journey!

It took me 85 h, but I enjoyed every single minute.

And of course the end made my eyes wet (again).

This was truly a masterpiece, and I'm glad that I decided to get this game early because it was absolutely worth it!

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

What would you say is optimal in terms of making enemies stronger?

Don't just make enemies stronger, add a time limit to all maps! Not to be confused with a turn limit, make every IRL second count. Force the player to think faster! That will prove above all else that Faia Emuburemu has been instinctually ingrained into the player's soul -if the map design and enemy quality is sufficient to force them to play strategically while under the time limit.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't just make enemies stronger, add a time limit to all maps!

I can't believe they do that with regular chess, but doing it to anime chess? Oh gods.

14 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Nothing says Cyberpunk quite like bright vibrant colors and it taking place during the daytime. Almost like fragments of a holographic rose.

Honestly, I kinda agree with having scenes that aren't permanent fucking night. Mostly because that's cliche to the genre as a whole. As for vibrant colours, it's not like neon doesn't fit the aesthetic. The idea that it's all black, brown and grey with blue and orange lighting sounds like a genre stuck in it's colours and visual media don't have the user's imagination to make up for that.

I'm not talking about this show, haven't seen it.

(Note: sucks having to look up the genre before the game came out because fuck us right?)

Avert thine eyes, Quetzal! Ephpoilers here. Minor ones, really just a view of one of the maps, but still.

Spoiler

https://images2.imgbox.com/41/31/gADFizXm_o.png

You know, removing the fog really puts it into perspective how much of a mess this map is. Look at that shit! What is this shit? Definitely gotta remove some of that stuff. If only to streamline things.

Ignore Melville overthere, I haven't added the commands to have Eirika's team leave the party yet

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Honestly, I kinda agree with having scenes that aren't permanent fucking night. Mostly because that's cliche to the genre as a whole. As for vibrant colours, it's not like neon doesn't fit the aesthetic. The idea that it's all black, brown and grey with blue and orange lighting sounds like a genre stuck in it's colours and visual media don't have the user's imagination to make up for that.

I'm not talking about this show, haven't seen it.

(Note: sucks having to look up the genre before the game came out because fuck us right?)

Well, it's official. I have no appreciation for my time. Yes, I probably should've figured that one out about... Uh, three weeks ago, but the fact that I have a perfectly awesome eye portrait and I've just gone "okay I'm gonna make my own eye so I can say I've made all the custom portraits in the game" is plain unreasonable.

2 minutes ago, Rain_ said:

Hey. How are ya?

Doing pretty awesome! Trying to draw an eye right now.

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/41/31/gADFizXm_o.png

You know, removing the fog really puts it into perspective how much of a mess this map is. Look at that shit! What is this shit?

Average genealogy fight

Edited by Shaky Jones

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Average genealogy fight

You pop up out of nowhere to randomly hate on Genealogy, and to top it off you quote the image that I had gone out of my way to hide from GuardianSing.

Classic Shaky.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You pop up out of nowhere to randomly hate on Genealogy, and to top it off you quote the image that I had gone out of my way to hide from GuardianSing.

Classic Shaky.

There. I hid it. I personally would warn others of a bullet about to destroy their kneecaps, but you keep them blind to demise. 

average Genealogy fight looks more boring than that pls

True