• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Been gone a little while, so sorry if I am responding to such old discourse.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:25 PM, ping said:

SacSto minus Seth is reasonably difficult, in my opinion. Not BinBla or New Mystery on their highest difficulties kind of tough, but... reasonable. I personally never understood why people struggle more with PoR than with SacSto, honestly.

I do think that SacSto has a couple duds in its map pool, but then again, so does every game in the series.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:14 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

PoR is undeniably far easier than SS. SS without Seth is all right, and even then, it throws a couple curveballs at you, mainly in Eph's route. PoR without Titania at most takes a couple more chapters to break in half, because everyone is broken and enemies are even more incapable than SS's.

Yeah, Path of Radiance is a little easier, but its more than just Seth that breaks Sacred Stones. Actually use the grinding maps SS gives you breaks that game into little pieces. Summoners (while the best thing SS has to offer), are good enough to utterly break that game as well. On Ephraim route at least, Duessell is a second Seth.

On 9/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, Edelguardiansing said:

I can understand that. Before I dive into the more difficult titles I can savor this relaxing chill experience.

Although it sounds like Sacred Stones is the right difficulty to ease you into the older classic mode. It sounds like you had that satisfying ironman experience where there were key casualties, but never enough to send you into a death spiral...

On 9/23/2022 at 12:51 PM, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

Also honestly Thracia is one of the easier FE titles out there after the beginning

Thracia isn't that hard, once you understand how that game thinks. Aggressively unfriendly to blind players is how I like to put it. I found it kinda telling that when I got around to playing ironman's of the Fire Emblem games, Thracia is the only one I have completed on the first attempt (so far, haven't attempted to ironman all of them yet, and if I ever get around to finishing the Echoes run, although the Alm side of that one is an utter train wreck)...

On 9/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

I was referring to his infamous nickname, Grant the Butcher.

I have always preferred the description of Grant as Lincoln's cruel arithmetist

On 9/23/2022 at 7:34 PM, Edelguardiansing said:

LYksXKE.png

Hello, my name is Forde, and I just got hit by a sleep spell that had an 18% chance to hit.

aJzMjHI.png

Hello, my name is Amelia, and I just got hit by a sleep spell that had a 29% chance to hit.

Seems your sleep luck is on a level with my berserk luck...

On 9/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

IlSU4lhn_o.png

Well, it's headed... somewhere. It still looks a bit like a wrinkly tomato, certainly far less professional than the eye from the repository, and the scaley texture kinda melts as it goes down, but I think it kinda sorta works? I do like the new tentacles. They work better with the perspective.

I guess this is what Bob Ross meant when he said "we don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents", because this entire thing feels accidental lol

The eyeball is looking really good!

On 9/24/2022 at 10:41 AM, Edelguardiansing said:

Tb49unL.png

Alright, fine. lets see how Knight Amelia prefo-

MLHsOHF.png

PFFFT!

Amelia bad...but kinda funny bad...

On 9/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, Edelguardiansing said:

WSLu4iT.pngW4mioBv.png

Uh...

Think I'll do this chapter later.

Oof. A bit late on this, but the way to really trivialize this map is to spawn-block the boss (I prefer to rescue-drop pirate Ross into position to do that), and send the two pegais in the water above and below the boat with javelins, to intercept the eyeballs before they can be a problem, then have Seth, Duessel, and possibly Ephraim to choke the three points.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

TRS kinda gets swept under the rug by Berwick for the most part imo. Like most things TRS has, Berwick just outshines it.

Don't get me wrong i still think TRS is a great game for it's time and considering the "issues" with development.

Tear Ring Saga is completely different from Berwick , too much of a comparison of apples to oranges to say one outshines the others. TRS is a Fire Emblem game at heart, Berwick is its own thing.

Good Guy Garon actually justifies invading Hoshido so Garon can sit on a chair.

Well, legit positive change in the narrative..... still doing so in a stupid way mind, but would Fates be Fates if the wars weren't stupid?

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wait, why are cookies causing it?

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, Path of Radiance is a little easier, but its more than just Seth that breaks Sacred Stones. Actually use the grinding maps SS gives you breaks that game into little pieces. Summoners (while the best thing SS has to offer), are good enough to utterly break that game as well. On Ephraim route at least, Duessell is a second Seth.

Yeah, truth be told, last time I played vanilla SS I still found it pretty monotonous even without Seth. And... frankly, I often forget SS has grinding, because I never used it much.

...Well, there was the time many years ago when I played the creature campaign so much that my favorite unit ended up breaking the battle record display.

Spoiler

KGCZigNY_o.png

Good luck figuring out how many battles this ol' chap went through. I haven't the faintest idea myself.

I could never do this nowadays. Not enough patience for the grind. But at that point in time? It was such a blast. I still have the save file. Good memories.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The eyeball is looking really good!

Big thanks!

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Good Guy Garon actually justifies invading Hoshido so Garon can sit on a chair.

Well, legit positive change in the narrative..... still doing so in a stupid way mind, but would Fates be Fates if the wars weren't stupid?

I remember when I tried out that mod. It broke after chapter 3, so I just returned to regular ol' Fates stupidity.

1 minute ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

A singularity because no game can ever be that good

Garon saved us from the world ending by preventing Fates from being too good for this reality.

Garon is a true hero.

2 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

A singularity because no game can ever be that good

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon saved us from the world ending by preventing Fates from being too good for this reality.

Garon is a true hero.

Shrimp-Kun and Rubenio:

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I have no idea why this game is popular and why it has lasted as long as it has.

So what you're saying is... You needed to vent about it?

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

which inspired Among Us is rolling in his grave.

...I thought Amogus was inspired by social deduction games like Mafia.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You say you're feeling a bit scatterbrained, and yet your punning talent remains unscathed.

I think puns might be the only thing left in there right now ngl

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

...I thought Amogus was inspired by social deduction games like Mafia.

Gameplay'd be from Mafia, he's comparing to The Thing for the backdrop Among Us uses.

Fort Balt: No Fly Zone incarnate.

Spoiler

No plans made yet, not helped by Raffin and Sasha being main units in this party who die to 80% of this map and me not using Zeig like a stubborn asshole, much less that I actually don't have a full party if I didn't field Zeig or one of the other instantly benched squad.