• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Mila and Duma being considered gods (like the divine dragon Naga), Gaiden being explicitly the same overall setting as the Archanea games, Duma's sprite very obviously being a diseased/undead dragon even in Gaiden, and needing the dragon killing Falchion to kill him, all kinda undermines that claim.

I think it has to do with the fact that Kaga didn't give Gaiden a lot of lore like he did with Archanea and Judgral.

You are kinda equating JRPG with weeb things, as there is some truth to it not being a pure JRPG, as one of the most defining features of the post-Persona 3 Persona games is it bringing a lot of dating sim mechanics to the forefront, which do give them a different feels from many JRPGs, although that is a fairly weeb-y thing to include.

Shrimpy's point (and one i agree with after playing P5) is how JRPG dislikers don't like the genre for a variety of reasons which would be alright but then to them, it's ok when Persona does it. Like if i disliked JRPGs and i played Persona 5, i would hate JRPGs even more.

the grounding in calendar timing keeps away the dissonance of the story claiming things are imminent and dire, but still allowing the player to spend infinite time on side-quests anyway that plagues many JRPGs

You say that like people complain about that when if anything, permanent points of no-returns are one of the most dreaded things in any game that has side-content.

Like it is a dilemma, i won't lie but i'd rather content not be locked out to me because the world is ending or whatever.

If Persona games were much much shorter, then i could see it maybe working better cause even with NG+, it's gonna take a while.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and the mechanical focus on the building of friendships and relationships makes the classical power of friendship leading to apotheosis JRPG cliche far more resonant in Persona games than in other JRPGs.

A lot of games do this tho.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In my opinion, you are incorrect.

I disagree with your opinion.

Except when you talk about Mario Payne. Then you're correct, for once.

Still hilarious how of all things, this is our common ground.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Imo things that plague the genre nowdays and games in general  would be much much much better without.

These things basically define jrpgs nowadays.

Saw someone suggest that Xenoblade should have Social Links and i was about to show them why Venezuela's crime rate is so high.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Emblem Sigurd when the bad guy summons Emblem Arvis

godzilla-vs-smog-monster10.gif

I'm not dooming anymore. I've gone through the 5 stages of grief.

11 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hah, how curious. I heard the development was handled by someone who was overly found of the original Gaiden, I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The Dread Fighter loop was also a bug in the original that the devs kept in the remake

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good thing I didn't think to mention that I have not beaten this game.

After 40 minutes of absolute tedium, moving one tile at a time while Genny covered the army with summons, Alm made it to Duma. Then Celica got one-rounded by a sperm. The turnwheel doesn't work in lord deaths.

I believe my exact words were "your mother's going to do all that again"

You should've used cheats

C'mon Ruben, the final map isn't even hard

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck Conrad

You really didn't give me enough chances to say that.

EDIT: FUCK i missed one when you pointed out he's still wearing the Lucina mask.

Well, better late than never.

Fuck Conrad

I'm going to use him and he'll be my best unit

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let's do Caveman FE, fuck it. The caveman who discovered fire dubbed the first branch that ever burned the Fire Emblem, and now everyone wants it.

Unironically a great idea. Is this your next romhack?

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there a benchmark i need to hit to recruit her?

Law + Chaos = 5+. This is a combined requirement. e.g. 2 law + 3 chaos

However, there are some cutscenes showing some of those groups coming to help in the final chapter. Alignment level required is 4, and Ikaruga should be 6-7 combined Law+Chaos requirement.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't really remember this part actually. XD (It's just Rean and new class VII and Claire, right?)

Yup, and there's the

Spoiler

Juna and Altina vs Claire fight

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The remake is inferior. It looks like shit, sounds worse. Yeah i suppose the gameplay is more refined but Old Mystery's gameplay still works. It's a lot more simpler.

Be honest

Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu bản tiếng Việt - Gokuraku Shujō (極楽衆鳥)

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is funny because like three hours ago my coworker personally recommended Persona to me utilizing the "JRPG for those who don't like JRPGs" argument.

Your co-worker has good taste

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Awakening Falchion doesn't follow the same rules as the Genealogy Weapons. It can be chalked up to Naga blessing it differently for the First Exalt. Since as Lucina's support with her sibling implies, it's the sword who decides who gets to use it, not about Major/Minor blood or stuff like that.

Lucina's sibling can use it just fine, and Inigo for example mentions that he has a brand. I think while they have Major holy blood, they just don't know the mechanics behind Falchion's power, so they think the sword "chooses" the user.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Her stats are quite high for the average (same SPD growth as Fie?) Her STR is also very high, so i assume she is an all melee unit? XD

She is, but her real utility is in action-based combat. Since her field attacks are the fastest, she takes out all enemies before they can do anything.

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause i would give Lucina Exalted Falchion since she is superior to Chrom?

That and bias, lots of bias. XD

But Lucina would become even better than him then. They need to keep some balance.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Depends, you want good choices (Gray: Mercenary, Tobin: Archer, Kilff: Mage, Atlas: Archer, Faye: Cleric) Or fun choices (Grey: Archer, Tobin: Mage, Kliff: Cavalier, Atlas: Cavalier, Faye: Pegasus)

I think I'm just going to use the same classes all over again. The only one I'm still in doubt is Gray's.

lmao

After the linked Ironman we should do a relay

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Saw someone suggest that Xenoblade should have Social Links and i was about to show them why Venezuela's crime rate is so high.

You too then, will know despair. Xenoblade will fall to Personafication eventually

Edited by Imperator Squilla

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Be honest

Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu bản tiếng Việt - Gokuraku Shujō (極楽衆鳥)

That has soul

But this

unknown.png

is soulless.

You too then, will know despair. Xenoblade will fall to Personafication eventually

As long as Takahashi is in charge i won't have to worry about this but when he inevitably leaves.....

Then again, that man seems to command a degree of respect that i feel like Xeno ends when he retires.

How dare you. Take that back at once. In the scale of "super anime" to "not anime", Garon is so far high you can barely see him T-Pose. He's more western than you. He's... American.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Hetalia-America-1024x576.jpg

Rubenio, Shrimp-kun, both of you go to your rooms now, you’re grounded. I want you both to think about what you’ve done. No T.V., no video games and especially no alcohol.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As long as Takahashi is in charge i won't have to worry about this but when he inevitably leaves.....

Takahashi:

"For this game i want to present the challenges a chosen protag goes through during high school. That's the core of XBC4!"

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Rubenio, Shrimp-kun, both you go to your rooms now, you’re grounded. I want you both to think about what you’ve did. No T.V., no video games and especially no alcohol.

anime-drinking-anime-drink.gif

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Takahashi:

"For this game i want to present the challenges a chosen protag goes through during high school. That's the core of XBC4!"

*After the first hour* "As you can see, the highschool has been blown up by aliens, also Jesus is there".

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*After the first hour* "As you can see, the highschool has been blown up by aliens, also Jesus is there".

"But then, by the 3rd hour, the school is repaired with ethereal means and everyone goes there. Especially Jesus"

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don’t give me any lip young man, go to your room now!

giphy.gif

But then, by the 3rd hour, the school is repaired with ethereal means and everyone goes there. Especially Jesus"

"There is no harem tho because Jesus is there."

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"There is no harem tho because Jesus is there."

"But that doesn't stop the protag from having the best mechanic every introduced to jrpgs: Social links. MC only of course!"

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I disagree with your opinion.

You can't. It's illegal.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Still hilarious how of all things, this is our common ground.

Well, it IS a really good game.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, if Xenoblade became a good JRPG for non-JRPG fans I might be able to enjoy it and join y'all. So maybe it does need social links, whatever that is.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio

Sounds big

Not bad. Not that interesting to me, either, seeing how I'm no fan of Rayman, but I'll have to see how they handle them. I have faith that Ubisoft Milan will deliver solid DLCs.

27 minutes ago, Green06 said:

You should've used cheats

Installing DLC bugged out save states. I don't even know why, the same thing didn't happen for Fates.

27 minutes ago, Green06 said:

C'mon Ruben, the final map isn't even hard

No, it's just an extremely tedious and unfun slog, and I didn't want to put myself through it again to watch a cutscene I didn't even care about just because a sperm one-rounded Celica out of nowhere.

29 minutes ago, Green06 said:

I'm going to use him and he'll be my best unit

Go ahead, I'll still say Fuck Conrad.

29 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Unironically a great idea. Is this your next romhack

No, but maybe it should be.

...ahhh it'd require way too much animation work.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That has soul

But this

unknown.png

is soulless.

They literally have the same expression.

16 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Rubenio, Shrimp-kun, both of you go to your rooms now, you’re grounded. I want you both to think about what you’ve done. No T.V., no video games and especially no alcohol.

Fine, I will drink no alcohol.

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

lucina-lucina-no.gif

You don’t have a say in the matter Shrimp-kun, you refusing me more then three times has sealed your fate. 

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You don’t have a say in the matter Shrimp-kun, you refusing me more then three times sealed your fate. 

JaggedForthrightAsiaticwildass-size_rest

You are my slave now

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So maybe it does need social links

Imagine FE support system, BUT

Protag only. No one else get's anything with other characters. Only with MC-kun

Also more dating and romance focused.