Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Needless it be said, other than Alhambra, Himeij Castle, Notre Dame, Machu Picchu, and Chichen Itza (why does the AI obsess over these five?),

To be fair, those are pretty good wonders. :lol: But yeah, the Oracle being a blind spot for the AI is a bit weird.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kasbahs + Petra + Desert Folklore = amazing.🤩 Although Kasbahs without Petra can't sustain themselves and really should've been better.

Thank you for showing me this Moroccan miracle.😃 Now I can try going militant (contrary to its defensive design) with Morocco instead, the +50% Desert terrain bonus of Berber cavalry transfers over to Landships and beyond I think. Were I to pick a Sandstorm map, I could try making a small army of aridity-adoring armors -provided I could acquire horses beforehand.

For me, the problem with these god-tier starts is that I often don't feel like going warmonger from there. I'm on 6 cities with the two island settles, which is using all my happiness right now, and while I'm sure I would be able to affort some conquest once ideology unlocks some more - I'm also sciencing away peacefully after slapping Napoléon's wrist in a little war during the Comp.Bow era.

I'm going to try for a diplomatic victory in this one. Got Forbidden Palace before assembling the congress (continent map), Napoléon converted to my religion, so I'm hoping to force world religion through with 4 votes. That would be a nice head start on that goal.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's funny because that's not In Medias Res.

Oops, forgot to mention that. Actually, that’s probably the reason why it’s good.

Edited by Sooks

Hmm, Argentina vs. Netherlands quarters eh?

Yeah Netherlands taking it. Both are shit tbh, but Netherlands are much much more efficient and do score well. Argentina is just Messi + Martinez + 9 C level players

Edited by Imperator Squilla

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oops, forgot to mention that. Actually, that’s probably the reason why it’s good.

It's ok, Falcom In Medias Res still clears whatever the fuck Atlus did with Persona 5.

What I'm saying is you've already played 13 Sentinels, now go play Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Man, you really love Persona 5 xD

Yeah, it was really fun constantly flashing forward so that some lawyer lady could tell me shit I already fucking knew.

When I opened up that journalist lady's Confident like during the last three days of the Royal storyline, I half expected the game to flash back to Sae telling me shit again. It didn't but that's how bad it got.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, it was really fun constantly flashing forward so that some lawyer lady could tell me shit I already fucking knew.

When I opened up that journalist lady's Confident like during the last three days of the Royal storyline, I half expected the game to flash back to Sae telling me shit again. It didn't but that's how bad it got.

The game that respects your time

Act 1?

Here we go again…

Lmao, this game’s excuse for why we don’t have any quartz at the beginning is “they fell out while we were walking around and we didn’t notice”.

Spoiler

Let’s go playable Randy! My favorite playable characters from both of the past two arcs have been playable within an hour of each other, and this is the first five hours.

Edited by Sooks

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey you should be glad that I’m doing that this time. You really don’t want this spoiled for you.

And I appreciate it, I'd like to go in with no idea on what's going to happen when I play it... at least six months from now, I suppose.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

SC… 67.8 hours? Did you not do a single side quest?

I did all of them, I even have the max BP to show for it. Maybe I just didn't talk to as many NPCs as you did?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like Terraria and Stardew Valley in the middle of it.

I was very surprised when the Moon Lord and... er, Morris from JojaMart turned out to be members of Ouroboros, but honestly I should've seen it coming.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It took Falcom 4 tries, but they finally learned how to do a good and interesting In Medias Res segment at the beginning of a Trails game. And it was actually great.

Cold Steel's In Medias Res was alright, it felt sufficiently dramatic for an intro. Zero's felt pretty pointless though.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, Falcom In Medias Res still clears whatever the fuck Atlus did with Persona 5.

You know, for all your commenting about Persona 5, I don't recall you ever saying much about the plot or characters. Not that I expect you to have much good to say about those things, of course.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

And I appreciate it, I'd like to go in with no idea on what's going to happen when I play it... at least six months from now, I suppose.

I probably already spoiled stuff for you then, I apologise!

Anyway, Ruben Is Not An Artist time. Today I drew...

3HkndbdC_o.jpg

Uh... I just drew, actually. This doesn't represent any specific scene in anything. I just wanted to draw stained glass, I suppose.

z7zu1h5V_o.jpg

@Sooks might recognize this one, though.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Hmm, Argentina vs. Netherlands quarters eh?

Yeah Netherlands taking it. Both are shit tbh, but Netherlands are much much more efficient and do score well. Argentina is just Messi + Martinez + 9 C level players

Didn't Netherlands kick the US's balls to oblivion?

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was very surprised when the Moon Lord and... er, Morris from JojaMart turned out to be members of Ouroboros, but honestly I should've seen it coming.

Given that there's an Ouroboros in everything, I wouldn't even be surprised. You think all the different Ouroboroses just get together and hang out from time to time?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3HkndbdC_o.jpg

Uh... I just drew, actually. This doesn't represent any specific scene in anything. I just wanted to draw stained glass, I suppose.

The anime pope has been found at last!

Looking at the stained glass, I'm trying to figure out the second set of arms that cross the figure. Is there somebody else behind guy in front or am I seeing this wrong?

5 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

yes

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

The anime pope has been found at last!

UNLIMITED POWAH

- Anime Pope while inventing lewds

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Looking at the stained glass, I'm trying to figure out the second set of arms that cross the figure. Is there somebody else behind guy in front or am I seeing this wrong?

It has six arms. Because I felt like giving it six arms.