• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

wasn't exactly aware of the parody was at the time, but it was weirdly interesting having that kind of tone shift thrown into the game.😄

One thing I noticed on my second run: if you go inside during that Bringer of Miracles quest and talk to Ian, he'll tell you about how one of his members was attacked by a Cantor. Upon completion of that quest line, the Alien quest opens up. So the seeds were already being planted by then.

7 hours ago, Green06 said:

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://i.redd.it/ixjf0bmery3a1.jpg

Now my question is, how far in the future will this take place? JoJolion takes place in 2011 so I imagine it can't be anyone from there. Wonder if we'll see a 20-30 year time gap.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyone recognize that maOH MY GOD THE BOSS IS A HOT PIRATE LADY, RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT

Ruben when hot pirate lady

unknown.png

unknown.png

I love how in this discussion of who to bring, Elliot hasn’t come up a single time.

59 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think she only unlocks the ability to fish if you choose her here.

Strange.

47 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Sooks this is usually the minor kinda stuff that gets changed in scenes:

Reveal hidden contents

Sara's lines: 58ea6dcae9e30d39a55ae9d8b00883ed.png

Fie: 7dd2e0f86165a54a5f12b4ad91d7aea5.png

Elliot: 5954f4ccdbc689768cda127335ac3d51.png

That's the Distillery scene when you first arrive.

That sort of thing I’m fine with, as long as I don’t miss out on anything major.

But ig I’ll go for the ability for Fie to fish.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I love how in this discussion of who to bring, Elliot hasn’t come up a single time.

Strange.

That sort of thing I’m fine with, as long as I don’t miss out on anything major.

But ig I’ll go for the ability for Fie to fish.

Gameplay wise, Elliot is kinda useless imo.

Even if you didn't choose Fie for the dialogue or Fishing, you choose her for the gameplay cause 6 range counterattack + Sirius haha or simply Concealing Wind spam for days stacked with Gungnir later game makes Fie always desired on the team coupled with great Speed. (Stealth is absurdly broken no matter what but either way)

Rage quartz + Sirius + Gungnir Fie is also insane late game. Rage is all Counterattacks are auto crits btw, and Gungnir raises critical damage deal by... alot. and obv you know Sirius effect so theres that to add as well.

Edited by lightcosmo

41 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ya know

I love how the Edelgard match got the most participants so far lol

Never change

And last I checked she was losing.

Holy woman power.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben when hot pirate lady

unknown.png

unknown.png

Very witty, Armagon. Very cute.

Unironically, one of the better designs I've seen for this game. But that's because I favor simpler designs. Clearly the solution that will make everyone happy is Fates capture.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Gameplay wise, Elliot is kinda useless imo.

Awesome. Use him, Sooks.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Awesome. Use him, Sooks.

Why use a character that has little use and honestly speaking doesn't have a very fun to use kit? Regardless of being no Fie, they didn't do a great job at making every char fun to use, and he falls in that category imo.

Elliot is a char who was designed better on paper than in practice.

CS IV you don't need a healer char at all, and you don't need a defensive formation at all either cause the opposition should hardly be hitting you let alone damaging you when they finally do.

(Either way, Rean has one and you can't not use him so they overlap)

And as far as arts go, Musse, Emma and spoiler chars get the job done much better than Elliot ever will.

Edited by lightcosmo

unknown.png

This is legitimately the first FEH OC where it doesn't even feel like they came from the same property. 

Like yeah the fairies is like kinda pushing but i could still see some Fire Emblem-isms there. This one just look like she came from some high fantasy gacha or some shit. It's the snakes man.

Intern-kun: "so hey what should we give the new FEH villain OC?"

FEH writer:

Just now, Armagon said:

unknown.png

This is legitimately the first FEH OC where it doesn't even feel like they came from the same property. 

Like yeah the fairies is like kinda pushing but i could still see some Fire Emblem-isms there. This one just look like she came from some high fantasy gacha or some shit. It's the snakes man.

Mihoyo gonna sue for this one.

Also, the sand snakes feel pretty generic as a villain weapon too. Like, we get it, she's a Shnake.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Also, the sand snakes feel pretty generic as a villain weapon too. Like, we get it, she's a Shnake.

Her name origin is funny

Gullveig (Old Norse: [ˈɡulːˌwɛiɣ]) is a female figure in Norse mythology associated with the legendary conflict between the Æsir and Vanir. In the poem Völuspá, she came to the hall of Odin (Hár) where she is speared by the Æsir, burnt three times, and yet thrice reborn. Upon her third rebirth, she began practicing seiðr and took the name Heiðr.[1]

Seior and Heior are the other two new characters but in Norse myth, they aren't event people. Well, Heior does appear to have been an actual name at one point.

I'm waiting for FEH to go full circle and name an OC after that fake myth FE4 translators made up.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, Heior does appear to have been an actual name at one point.

Well, yeah, that's Heiðr. I already see speculation we'll see the one turn into the other, which is very possible since timey wimey shenanigans are involved.

• Dragon units like Alear’s Dragon Child or Divine Dragon can freely choose every special effect:

• Vein of Protection – creates earth pillars that boost Def/Res. For Backup?
  • Vein of Greenery – creates ivy that negates Break. For Armoured.

Well look, Corrin Ring is busted.

Reavers are back too. Which makes sense with Break in this game.

Oh, apparently the preps map was a paralogue as well. How many paralogues will Engage have?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, yeah, that's Heiðr. I already see speculation we'll see the one turn into the other, which is very possible since timey wimey shenanigans are involved.

I was gonna say "but we see both of them at the same time" and then I remembered I'm a Doctor Who fan.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

17 obvs

This implies there's one for each game in the series but this map doesn't match anything I think.

I'm gonna say the same thing for the new FE that i did XC2: i would rather play as "X" character than have them be some entity that powers a char up.

Like, i get the idea, i'm just not a huge fan of it.

https://i.redd.it/yucqrwzx8y3a1.png

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Besides forged Wingspear kills Seliph before he can even get one attack in and you know that as well as I do

NO

Crit silver sword beats her

And Seliph can dismount

5 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

👀 

But here's the real question: where's male Corrin?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Now my question is, how far in the future will this take place? JoJolion takes place in 2011 so I imagine it can't be anyone from there. Wonder if we'll see a 20-30 year time gap.

It will be a prequel featuring Joseph's illegitimate child, Josefumi's ancestor.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Why use a character that has little use and honestly speaking doesn't have a very fun to use kit?

It's Ruben, he wants suboptimal

34 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Elder Kings 2?

But here's the real question: where's male Corrin?

I got a better question: Who is male Corrin?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Japan are ahead.

Finally, one of these goes the way I hoped!

31 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Is this in mods?

I'd assume so with those names.

All right, finally got around to it. Started Valkyrie Profile.

Spoiler

And already a child is dead. Nice.

Not sure if I'm too crazy about the voice acting here, the actors were 10 years too old to be playing these children. And Platina's performance was a bit.... Ehhh.

Also, man with glasses kissing  sleeping lady and then smiling evilly at the camera. In any other game I'd cry villain. Here I cry Fauxnel.

I will play on hard. I've heard some funny things about this game's difficultied. Besides, if this is just Covenant's combat minus the SRPG part, I think I'll be okay.