• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, Claude was utterly shafted by Three Houses...

And then Hopes went in a different direction and everyone hated it, so... Eh. Probably for the best to just leave them behind entirely.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

FE6 was so far ahead of its time with like at least 3 of them.

Funny you bring FE6 up, as I wrote about it in another thread just yesterday:

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I always greatly enjoyed how diverse the Binding Blade bunch was, myself. Aside from the standard teens and child soldiers, you had young adults, proper adults looking to be in their 30s or 40s, middle aged dads, grandpas, the singular grandma of the series, a couple of non-conventionally attractive dudes, plain Jane Dorothy, a couple of darker-skinned folks... I don't think any other FE group's ever had such a wide range of different people.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Resolve even on it's own in PoR is kinda bonkers, isn't it?

It depends on the user's stats a bit, but that 1.5x Strength and Speed (technically Skill too) can push some units (especially the dodgier ones) into bonkers territory, although the auto-crits of wrath just pushes it to an entirely different level.

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Fun fact, I learned very recently that I have inflammatory tissue in my brain that on very basic terms has my brain put to sleep for the majority of the day.

Now setting aside the pain and suffering this specific inflammation has caused me for my entire life and only now am I learning it exists, I learned that a way to help it would be to start eating a mostly meat filled diet

I'm vegetarian.

😧

I pray the condition never worsens. Imagining some possibilities of what might be going through your mind after learning that, hopefully you're able to stay sane despite them.

10 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

oN1fNdD.png

I do feel bad for Petrine.

If you missed her special boss conversations:

Spoiler

Chapter 23

Petrine vs Haar

Petrine: Just as I expected. I thought to give you a chance to clear the stain from your name… Yet you and Shiharam are treachery in the flesh. Useless migrants!

Haar: To think we endured this for eighteen long years. It seems General Shiharam and I were not to be blessed with any masters worthy of serving. All we found were paltry pretenders…

Petrine: You insult His Majesty? You know not your place, you louse-ridden oaf! Your failings are yours, and yours alone! It’s time for you to burn! Don’t worry, I’ll let the dogs snack on what’s left!

Petrine vs Ike

Ike: You… You’re the knight that my father battled.

Petrine: You! If I’d known you were going to grow to be such a thorn in our side… I would have reduced you to ashes when I had the chance… Guess it’s not too late, though! Die!

Petrine vs Beast Laguz

Petrine: Let me tell you what I despise more than anything else in this world… You half-breed beasts! Die now!

Petrine vs Hawk Laguz

Petrine: Bah! Accursed half-breed hawks! I’ll roast you like a goose and use your feathers for pillow stuffing!

Petrine vs Tauroneo

Petrine: So the traitor appears… I’m going to cook you alive! I bet your armor will make a fine cauldron!

Petrine vs Reyson

Petrine: What’s this? If you can’t fight, you should know better than to be here. Stupid half-breed!

Petrine vs Soren

Petrine: You… That mark on your brow… That’s not a charm of the dead, is it? You’re no Spirit Charmer! Hmph! You may be able to fool others with that, but not me. It’s because we’re the same, see?

Soren: …The same? Don’t be ridiculous. I’m nothing like you. You kill for sport, and hide your fear behind a wall of bravado. Now let me show you true fear!

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

but the idea is that Aether was being already in the process of being born, as it were.

Tangentially related, I'm guessing the idea of a lord-exclusive personal proc skill could've begun with Genealogy. Aether is called "Heaven" in Japanese, and Genealogy had its unused "Holy Sword" skill, sounds like it could've been tied to the Tyrfing. Maybe the also unused "Darkness Sword" would've been for the Mystletainn, thereby giving the two non-Odr sword crusader lineages a special sword skill.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

His stache stat is a lot higher though.

...You do know this is an actual thing in the Mario & Luigi series, right? Increases the chance of critical hits and offers a price discount at all stores. -I might have mentioned this to you once before in all the time we've been here actually.😅

1 hour ago, ping said:

https://i.imgur.com/OyoFnok.jpg

#JustMacedonianThings

Diplo done easy with unbreakable bonds. Ought to save a player heaping amounts of Gold.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Alex is still a prick tho

I'm aware he's one of the strongest AIs. If he's in the game on a higher difficulty, you're in for a rougher time, as I know well.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It still works, you just don't get the cool transformation anymore.

It feels like Game Freak just regrets Megas.

With at least one person on the writing team hated them with those dex entries in Gen 7.

My main regret is that they were uniformly +100 BST, I'd have loved seeing some major boosts for weaker mons in particular.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

We were eating meat a good few thousand years before agriculture.  We're omnivores but before we had science, we ate what filled us more: meat. So it doesn't surprise me that meat is a remedy.

I think the reason I'm arguing that is moreso due to recent discourse around meat and potential medical issues related to it.

Now, in that context it reads a little surprising.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless you're Neo General Bolt-Axe.

He still 1-rounded my Haar with it.

1 hour ago, ping said:

It would be great if your units ever took damage, yes. ;):

...good point. Xd

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It depends on the user's stats a bit, but that 1.5x Strength and Speed (technically Skill too) can push some units (especially the dodgier ones) into bonkers territory, although the auto-crits of wrath just pushes it to an entirely different level.

Thats fair. 

Auto crits? Isnt it +50%?

36 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't the current problems with meat more on the fact on how cattle is being raised? Pumped up with hormones and stuff.

Essentially, also the climate footprint.

These two videos cover it pretty well

First video talks about the climate effect while the second is more on the health effects.

Both videos simply state the facts, without actually taking any sides.

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...You do know this is an actual thing in the Mario & Luigi series, right? Increases the chance of critical hits and offers a price discount at all stores. -I might have mentioned this to you once before in all the time we've been here actually.😅

This does give me deja vu haha. Of course, I know well that this is a thing. I've played every M&L in my time and finished three of them. Inside Story wasn't well-liked by my old emulators as a kid, so I couldn't make it. And Paper Jam... was Paper Jam.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Finally got around to bringing Splatoon 2 and Dread with me back to the city so I can sell them at the store. I haven't the faintest idea what I'm going to get. Ideally I'd like to do a trade-in again, to use the 10 bucks I had left over from Houses, but then, the only Switch game I want is Engage and that's a long way off. I was thinking some shit like, frigging amiibos or something, but there's no FE amiibos at the local store, which sucks. Eh.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cervantes would be given money for buying the items instead of paying.

If there ever was a time I wished for Fates capture...