Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Engage news? On saturday? Christmas eve?

Well, sure! Of course, it's not the Japanese twitter, but rather a new English website for the game. I haven't looked through it much, but from what I've seen, it apparently confirms maddening is in the base game. Which doesn't really surprise me - it was very obvious the only reason it wasn't in base Houses was that they ran out of time. And with this one they've had all the time in the world! Also, Turnwheel/Divine Pulse's name this time around is Draconic Time Crystals. Likely explanation is Lumerra gives a bag of 'em to Alear and then it's never brought up again.

...Man, this game's marketing has been all over the place though, hasn't it? Different countries have different websites, Japan gets daily info dumps on twitter that get translated by the community, Japan also gets a massive Somniel trailer while the US releases a shitty-ass DLC trailer, fuckin' France of all places gets a trailer all to itself... I don't know how it's going to impact sales, but dang it's just so chaotic and unorganized.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

Kinda tempted to go that route, not gonna lie. I don't trust them to pull off a challenging, enjoyable middling difficulty with all these insanely broken mechanics amok. Then again, Conquest did do that... Eh. As with everything, we'll see.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

image.png?width=1100&height=619

Boku desu?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but rather a new English website for the game.

Niceeeeeeee

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Different countries have different websites, Japan gets daily info dumps on twitter that get translated by the community

has always been like that btw, since there's no deticated EN FE twitter/social media

Yeah there should be...

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Y’know, only like 5% of villains’ motivations make any sense in this game.

Every CS4 villain pre-battle monologue: “Yes, I’m fully aware that the end of the world will end existence as we know it, killing myself and everyone I care about, but you see, I made a deal/want to see the resolve of Class VII first hand/that’s just how I am, can’t help it” (bonus points if all 3).

Well it is Trails, a series that struggles at having good villains.

5 hours ago, ping said:

Right wing chuds and media illiteracy, name a more iconic duo.

Right wing chuds identified proudly with this scene (warning: gore)

They do not realize the scene is calling them out.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Hercules is not what I'd call accurate to greek mythology. I mean Hera is his mom, that alone should tell you it wasn't going to be.

Oh sure but i don't think it was trying to be.

Or more like, Greek myth has been retold so many times now.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So often do I hear from people like this talking about how their favorite band is the beetles, or Johnny Cash, or Simon and Garfunkel.

The irony is so fucking funny.

Right-wingers jamming it out to Fortunate Son (they are deaf because they don't realize the song is against them).

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah, Hercules, did the image not show up for you?

It didn't.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Japan gets daily info dumps on twitter

This is most games tbf.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Boku desu?

Squid Girl is either literally you or your greatest enemy.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VIUpMzh.png

Co-op?

I will definitely be sabotaging.

WAIT SPEND RELAY TICKETS? AW BRUHHHHHHH WE HAVE TO SPEND SOMETHING? LAME!

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Y’know, only like 5% of villains’ motivations make any sense in this game.

Every CS4 villain pre-battle monologue: “Yes, I’m fully aware that the end of the world will end existence as we know it, killing myself and everyone I care about, but you see, I made a deal/want to see the resolve of Class VII first hand/that’s just how I am, can’t help it” (bonus points if all 3).

Just wait till Reverie, Sooks, it gets better. XD

*Wakes up with a certain strain in my upper chest*😧

I'm getting old fast, this feels worrisome.♥️☠️

Not the first time I've felt that. Thankfully it only happens once every few months, so I've been able to blissfully -as in "ignorance is ""bliss"""- ignore the feeling.

I really need to exercise more next year, and attempt to diet. The holidays have too much sweet garbage to start that now.

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well it is Trails, a series that struggles at having good villains.

Just wait

Kuro No Kiseki Kiseki GIF - Kuro No Kiseki Kiseki Dingo Brad GIFs

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just wait till Reverie, Sooks, it gets better. XD

True!

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not the first time I've felt that. Thankfully it only happens once every few months, so I've been able to blissfully -as in "ignorance is ""bliss"""- ignore the feeling.

I really need to exercise more next year, and attempt to diet. The holidays have too much sweet garbage to start that now.

OOF

Here hoping your health improves. I hear oily fish meat helps to prevent strokes and other heart diseases.

6 minutes ago, Green06 said:

True!

Yeah... this battle theme just did not fit imo, not that the battle lasted long enough for it to matter either way but even so. XD

Edit: even the bot battles were short af, reduce it's HP to 80% or whatever? That was way too easy.

Edited by lightcosmo

It baffles me how they managed to put Lloyd and Juna in the same game but completely invalidate Juna just cause Lloyd Exists. This way obv going to be a problem if you were going to keep Burning Heart the way it was, but nope, they were (not surprisingly) too dumb to realise that was coming.

And no, her Gunner mode is not nearly enough to compensate for BH (nothing in her kit is, her own BH doesn't hold any candle to Lloyd's).

Edited by lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Just wait

I will be the judge to see if Trails finally gets a good villain (there's only four of them).

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd get it checked (a regular physical would do I think) and work from there...and before then too ideally.

Screenshot_2022-12-24-09-28-39-17_d705d1

God bless.

Finally, the weather is actually nice and doesn't make me want to end it all.

I hope this stops most people from coming to the store, I do not feel like dealing with idiotic customers on Christmas Eve.

wapZQKS.jpg

Last bit of video gaming before it's christmas family time... I know the Iroquois are really weak in Civ5, but they do have fairly satisfying tile yields once Longhouses and Scientific Method bring lumbermills to 1Food / 4Hammers. Not quite Terrace Farm tier, but still nice.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'd get it checked (a regular physical would do I think) and work from there...and before then too ideally.

I did get a physical and bloodwork in November. Elevated cholesterol and sugar intake, no surprise, but that was the extent of it. I know I need to cut back. Late 20s seems to be when your sins of lifestyle start getting to you.

I haven't ever mentioned these rare instances of chest strain to family though, wouldn't want to scare them with that.😅 I'll make a clear effort to tell them to cut back on the vittles for me once Xmas is a few days past.

Self-esteem is taking a slight hit from this, more evidence for the "I'm pathetic" critique. But I'm so used to self-criticism that it doesn't bother me a huge deal.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

Here hoping your health improves. I hear oily fish meat helps to prevent strokes and other heart diseases.

I forget which channel it was on, but I did see one documentary that indicated that even young 20-something corpses from ancient Egypt and millennia later Iceland or something (which would've had a diet rich in cold water fatty fish) had plaque buildups. The implication being that heart disease is inevitable for humanity, and it's more a matter of reducing the risk/extent of it than banishing it altogether.

Ended up carolling in the village, decent turnout.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"The endless now"

poor guy, caught in a math loop.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

WAIT SPEND RELAY TICKETS? AW BRUHHHHHHH WE HAVE TO SPEND SOMETHING? LAME!

It's a bold strategy Cotton.png

I think I forgot the last of the Nintendo Indie videos yesterday. Let's do it now.

We start with Dust and Neon, a top down shooter with a robo western aesthetic and with rougelite elements too (Of course), though it is 3D graphics I suppose, out Early 2023. This is followed by Undying, a story where a mom and child are in a zombie apocalypse and try to survive and get to safety I assume, it's out spring 2023. Then we look at Sea of Stars, with Mitsuda doing tracks for it (I do remember hearing about this!) which is a game taking after Chrono Trigger in combat and the exploration is shown to include swimming but sadly it's not out today. Last title is Sports Story, which is pretty broad on the sports played but we also get a seemingly entense enough story mode from what we see in the trailer and it's also confirmed out today, so at least one of these it.

And that's the last one, so what did I think of this one?  Maybe Sea of Stars will work out (There's it and Chained Echoes in the Chrono Trigger knockoffs category), but I wasn't won over with the others here. There is a sale though, so that's neat.

1 hour ago, ping said:

wapZQKS.jpg

Last bit of video gaming before it's christmas family time... I know the Iroquois are really weak in Civ5, but they do have fairly satisfying tile yields once Longhouses and Scientific Method bring lumbermills to 1Food / 4Hammers. Not quite Terrace Farm tier, but still nice.

Reminds me that you mentioning Greece led me to attempt this for fun.:

20221218210830-1.jpg

Mongolia was ironically one of my neighbors, the other was Sweden. Three Mongolian conquests and like two others brought the CS count down, but still, more than 30. Neighbors being nice and the cooked Frontier-low water level settings let me get four cities up without a problem.

Also got Deity level Petra in my capital, that’s a rarity. Mongolia should’ve taken it, but then Genghis spent like a hundred turns taking a peninsular city-state instead. He also sent a Great Merchant that got sunk by Jerusalem, not the historical outcome for Steve Jobs.

Byzantium was playing a good cultural-diplo game, Theodora was the one stealing my alliances and heavily using spies to rig CS coups I had to undo. Still, Greece’s enduring alliances were able to maintain control over almost all of them. I stopped 11 turns short of my inevitable victory. Laggard Sweden was on the verge of taking one of my cities and attacked even thought I had an atom bomb, but I doubt he'd have the power to end me before I won the game.

Also tried several other plays. These included two failed Songhai runs, one on Epic speed b/c Songhai gets a little too much gold from barbarian camps on that setting but I still lagged by double-digit in tech count. The other had a nice religion with a great faith income, but was production starved and Polynesia was converting the Mongols from my religion, the one thing keeping Genghis from invading me. Then there was the Maya with Liberty attempt where I had an entire continent to myself, but Raging Barbarians created one big problem, and the other was that I was severely bankrupt without anyone to trade with, I should've used the Long Count for a Great Admiral sooner than I did to find some trading partners. Didn't help Carthage snowballed out of control (I think she killed another civilization) and got Autocracy while I was still in the Medieval period with like a 12-tech lead (and Dido being Dido, I'm afraid she'd invade eventually, especially once I picked Order).

For me, it's less winning than it is the total experience with Civ I'd say.

Goddammit, I was going to spend a night at my relatives' house for Christmas, but half of them are sick with... something. Not entirely sure what. Could be a flu, could be covid, could be a bad cold. Either way, I have no idea if it's contageous or not, so... welp. Guess I'm sitting at home. Yay.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

has always been like that btw, since there's no deticated EN FE twitter/social media

Yeah there should be...

I guess they don't feel the need to get a couple interns to produce English versions of their twits when they know the community's going to have them translated and scrutinized within the hour?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh dear... You take care of yourself now, pal.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddammit, I was going to spend a night at my relatives' house for Christmas, but half of them are sick with... something. Not entirely sure what. Could be a flu, could be covid, could be a bad cold. Either way, I have no idea if it's contageous or not, so... welp. Guess I'm sitting at home. Yay.

My sympathies and I hope your family doesn't have anything major.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I missed this earlier, not much I can add that wouldn't sound like platitudes or motivational screeches beyond reminding you no is an acceptable response. (Though I can be my own downfall there)