Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Merry Christmas folks, and hopefully merry PoR final.

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I think the dice is rigged with some games

That's the problem with games that don't have an agenda beyond the game itself. Everyone can enjoy it, even the assholes.

Though that does mean it can be pretty funny when Minecraft releases official skins of people with different skin tones and watch people bitch about it and call it "woke" just for adding a black person.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

VIUpMzh.png

Co-op?

Teehee Engage co-op playthrough?

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Right wing chuds identified proudly with this scene (warning: gore)

They do not realize the scene is calling them out.

Right-wingers jamming it out to Fortunate Son (they are deaf because they don't realize the song is against them).

4yT0eRd.png

2 hours ago, ping said:

wapZQKS.jpg

Last bit of video gaming before it's christmas family time... I know the Iroquois are really weak in Civ5, but they do have fairly satisfying tile yields once Longhouses and Scientific Method bring lumbermills to 1Food / 4Hammers. Not quite Terrace Farm tier, but still nice.

Good luck!

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddammit, I was going to spend a night at my relatives' house for Christmas, but half of them are sick with... something. Not entirely sure what. Could be a flu, could be covid, could be a bad cold. Either way, I have no idea if it's contageous or not, so... welp. Guess I'm sitting at home. Yay.

My best wishes to you and your family. I know mine experienced something similar not too long ago and yeah, it's not fun.

I spiritually invite you to my family Christmas gathering in the meantime.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

My sympathies and I hope your family doesn't have anything major.

My best wishes to you and your family. I know mine experienced something similar not too long ago and yeah, it's not fun.

Thanks, you two. We'll probably swing by tomorrow and visit them, but... well, too bad about spending the night there.

45 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Merry Christmas folks, and hopefully merry PoR final.

Same to you!

That's the problem with games that don't have an agenda beyond the game itself. Everyone can enjoy it, even the assholes.

I feel this happens most with multiplayer games. Co-op wave shooters, free-for-alls, team versus, MMORPGs, doesn't matter. They're all filled to the brim with assholes and nazis, and you're always going to find one or two, at least, in each match. It is inevitable.

...On that topic, my TF2 pal had the following encounter today.

image.png

image.png

10/10 he's not even sure what it means or represents, but he does know it makes him feel very angry.

Though that does mean it can be pretty funny when Minecraft releases official skins of people with different skin tones and watch people bitch about it and call it "woke" just for adding a black person.

Ah yes, the classic "woke is when people exist." Truly the rationals. I sincerely love when there's a game I enjoy very much, but then I go online and I discover that the community's defacto response to posts requesting/hoping for/wondering about female characters being added to the currently all-male playable roster is "let us have ONE game about MEN doing MANLY things that isn't ruined by the FAMINE BEASTS."

Teehee Engage co-op playthrough?

I see Vandad benched and I'm boycotting.

I spiritually invite you to my family Christmas gathering in the meantime.

Oh you don't want my spirit around. I'll possess your uncle and replace your nearly done "PoR Best FE" essay with the words "PoR is poor" repeated over and over.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

YES

Typical Ippei win.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was Elise stuffed inside the gift bag?

Corrin and Xander were play-fighting with the toy swords Daddy Garon got for them and then I made the predictable joke

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What they should've done is replace Corrin in that art with Elise and imply that Corrin was stuffed in the gift bag after being kidnapped from Hoshido

Correction: When they became Garon's child now.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh it took an effort of will to wait til Christmas Eve to post this classic

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That's actually the film me and my family plan on watching for Christmas tomorrow! I haven't watched it in ages and I'm excited to.

That is exciting, and I am sure it will a lot of fun for you and yours!

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Wakes up with a certain strain in my upper chest*😧

I'm getting old fast, this feels worrisome.♥️☠️

Not the first time I've felt that. Thankfully it only happens once every few months, so I've been able to blissfully -as in "ignorance is ""bliss"""- ignore the feeling.

I really need to exercise more next year, and attempt to diet. The holidays have too much sweet garbage to start that now.

Please mention these kind of pains to your doctor when next you see them, and perhaps try to improve your diet, and reduce stress. Not to be too pushy, but I care about you, and I don't want you to drop dead at such a young age of a heart attack like another friend of mine.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goddammit, I was going to spend a night at my relatives' house for Christmas, but half of them are sick with... something. Not entirely sure what. Could be a flu, could be covid, could be a bad cold. Either way, I have no idea if it's contageous or not, so... welp. Guess I'm sitting at home. Yay.

I am sorry to hear that, and I hope your holiday ends up joyous for you anyway.

S2 announcement then right? Haha (copium)

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

forget which channel it was on, but I did see one documentary that indicated that even young 20-something corpses from ancient Egypt and millennia later Iceland or something (which would've had a diet rich in cold water fatty fish) had plaque buildups. The implication being that heart disease is inevitable for humanity, and it's more a matter of reducing the risk/extent of it than banishing it altogether

Wonder if this is true for all animals.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yes, the classic "woke is when people exist."

No no, it's more like "woke is when people exist and actually do things instead of being background elements". 

Saw some people call Indy 5 "woke" because there's a female protagonist alongside Indy.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the subject, I just bought Conquest. Fun times will be had.

Fun is bound to be had!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the subject, it's still a bit annoying I can't pair Male Corrin with anyone lest risking losing out on a child unit. Ah well...

You have to either wait for Flora (chapter 19 at the earliest), or let Corrin creep on his friend's girl children... or just not worry about it, because you really don't need to get all the children anyway.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, good to know today is a day to be:

Omorimiserable.gif

How can you look so sad and drained when you have a perfect excuse to play more Conquest 😛

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

You have to either wait for Flora (chapter 19 at the earliest), or let Corrin creep on his friend's girl children... or just not worry about it, because you really don't need to get all the children anyway.

Even if I won't use them, I'd still like to recruit them. Also the fact I can't do the pairings I'd like due to having to accommodate for that. I suppose I could give that up for at least one playthrough. Well, I'll see.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

How can you look so sad and drained when you have a perfect excuse to play more Conquest 😛

It just happens.

Come on, sing with me!

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE'NING

52 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Beautiful.

Elise is on top of the tree

47 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

What they should've done is replace Corrin in that art with Elise and imply that Corrin was stuffed in the gift bag after being kidnapped from Hoshido

Yeah, that would have been the better call.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the subject, it's still a bit annoying I can't pair Male Corrin with anyone lest risking losing out on a child unit. Ah well...

It really feels like they expect you to sue DLC for it, considering Anna is your only option that doesn't have that effect until Flora or any of the Gen 2 characters.

So from my perspective just Flora's there with M!Corrin.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Saw some people call Indy 5 "woke" because there's a female protagonist alongside Indy.

It's a step above Shia no matter how porrly they do 😛

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Why would you smash the bottle on the floor!?!

What a waste to have to put in that effort.

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It really feels like they expect you to sue DLC for it, considering Anna is your only option that doesn't have that effect until Flora or any of the Gen 2 characters.

So from my perspective just Flora's there with M!Corrin.

Yeah, though it's still a bummer. Even Awakening had two extra "can pair up with most of everyone" males than females so Female Robin doesn't cause the same consequence as Male Corrin does. Granted, you can still get locked out of a kid because of Sumia's limited options, but that's not as much of a pairing restriction as what Fates does.

Edited by Acacia Sgt