Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And just watched the secret post credits scene that you have to load your save and go through the same cutscenes again (or skip them, hopefully) to watch because Falcom are ass at this sort of thing. Not that I did that, I just searched it up on YouTube.

The fact that Spoilerwoman shares a voice with Dorothea Fire Emblem is oddly funny to me.

But speaking of, the whole True Ending vs Normal Ending split is dumb. They’re not different enough to justify being separate, let alone one being “missable”. From what I can tell, it’s not actually missable however, if you beat the game without fulfilling the requirements the game will have a little portal thing right before the final boss you can use to go back and do the boss fight you missed. I’m not gonna verify that myself though so someone correct me if I’m totally off.

But either way, literally the only difference is that 

Spoiler

In the Normal Ending, Black Alberich teleports out of the fortress, and in the true ending, the curse has weakened enough that he comes out as Franz. Why is he different? Who knows, multiple endings!

But nothing remotely interesting happens in the normal ending, Rean just has to sacrifice himself like he’s tried to do literally every other time there’s been a problem.

But the True Ending is essentially just tacked on to the normal ending, just the shared part altered slightly, meaning there’s no reason why you should have to redo the final boss + a boss fight you missed to get it. And if you did get the boss fight your first go, the game makes you watch the normal ending and then reload after the final boss to see the true ending which… takes two seconds, but feels so pointless.

It’s like that Kurisu ending in the Steins;Gate VN where the True Ending literally just continues from right after that ending but it won’t happen if you didn’t happen to pick the correct email responses because… who knows why? (Although that one’s worse because you have to skip through 3/4s of the VN, but they’re both the same in that there’s no reason for them to be missable. I mean maybe if the normal ending in CS4 showed us something interesting, which it kinda does but like… ehhhh.)

It’s just a couple boss fights so it’s not the end of the world, and you could search it up on YouTube if you really can’t be bothered, but the whole thing just feels so pointless. I don’t mean to come across super negative or like I’m ranting, this one aspect doesn’t really change the game all that much, I just think it was a funny choice.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you are tho

...I'm out of squid puns.

Is this an arranged marriage, or does the plot simply demand it?

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

s just Yin/Yang symbolism, I believe.

Ah, I see.

Thank you!

Happy New Year from PST!

2jsxHdZ.jpg

Edited by Benice

We hit the last non-military timezone past midnight.

We're all here now, another 365 days in the year.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

From what I can tell, it’s not actually missable however, if you beat the game without fulfilling the requirements the game will have a little portal thing right before the final boss you can use to go back and do the boss fight you missed. I’m not gonna verify that myself though so someone correct me if I’m totally off.

I already mentioned that this happened. Xd

Happy new year everyone!~

It is 2023 which means we are 20 days away from Fire Emblem Engage.

Also Tears of the Kingdom comes out in just five months, which is insane considering how little we know about it.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

GODDAMMIT I SAID BEFORE THAT YOU WERE A GOOD VILLAIN

He is. He's taking responsability for his actions and finally going to be free.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

[REDACTED] on the other hand…

He wasn't brainwashed, it was all part his plan.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

And just watched the secret post credits scene that you have to load your save and go through the same cutscenes again (or skip them, hopefully) to watch because Falcom are ass at this sort of thing. Not that I did that, I just searched it up on YouTube.

The fact that Spoilerwoman shares a voice with Dorothea Fire Emblem is oddly funny to me.

But speaking of, the whole True Ending vs Normal Ending split is dumb. They’re not different enough to justify being separate, let alone one being “missable”. From what I can tell, it’s not actually missable however, if you beat the game without fulfilling the requirements the game will have a little portal thing right before the final boss you can use to go back and do the boss fight you missed. I’m not gonna verify that myself though so someone correct me if I’m totally off.

But either way, literally the only difference is that 

Reveal hidden contents

In the Normal Ending, Black Alberich teleports out of the fortress, and in the true ending, the curse has weakened enough that he comes out as Franz. Why is he different? Who knows, multiple endings!

But nothing remotely interesting happens in the normal ending, Rean just has to sacrifice himself like he’s tried to do literally every other time there’s been a problem.

But the True Ending is essentially just tacked on to the normal ending, just the shared part altered slightly, meaning there’s no reason why you should have to redo the final boss + a boss fight you missed to get it. And if you did get the boss fight your first go, the game makes you watch the normal ending and then reload after the final boss to see the true ending which… takes two seconds, but feels so pointless.

It’s like that Kurisu ending in the Steins;Gate VN where the True Ending literally just continues from right after that ending but it won’t happen if you didn’t happen to pick the correct email responses because… who knows why? (Although that one’s worse because you have to skip through 3/4s of the VN, but they’re both the same in that there’s no reason for them to be missable. I mean maybe if the normal ending in CS4 showed us something interesting, which it kinda does but like… ehhhh.)

It’s just a couple boss fights so it’s not the end of the world, and you could search it up on YouTube if you really can’t be bothered, but the whole thing just feels so pointless. I don’t mean to come across super negative or like I’m ranting, this one aspect doesn’t really change the game all that much, I just think it was a funny choice.

The Normal End is vital to Haji, and will get expanded a lot.

Happy New Year doods!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

It matters to a small extent in that certain paths can only be viewed after viewing others but yes, you'll see all of them.

I see, hopefully it will let me know when that’s the case so I don’t spend an hour bumbling for a solution.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

You know, I played Sonic Generations once. It was a game that existed.

Generations is one of the better games… I don’t think I ever beat the final boss though.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I mean the game was still good but…

You don’t have to hold Rixia’s exclusion against the game, she will get her time…

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also Tears of the Kingdom comes out in just five months, which is insane considering how little we know about it.

The game seems like it got announced too early and then delayed (pandemic and all explains at some of it), and yet, being Zelda, Nintendo gets away with saying nothing while continuing to retain massive interest.

With the start of the new year, Nintendo needs to fill in its release lineup (is it just me, or is starting a new year pretty blank a tendency of Ninty for a while now?), and TotK ought to be a top priority on it. I'll never guess exactly when Directs are, but I can imagine this month or next would be a good chance to do that. A dedicated Tears Direct at some point doesn't sound infeasible either. Maybe Ninty wants avoid throwing timber for the flames of hype into the fireplace until 3~4 months before release, makes for a shorter-lived, more magnificent flame than a drip-feed over a longer period.

Of course, the ideal solution would've been not to announce TotK so soon. 2 years in advance at most is enough for any AAA announcement, a year & a half might be better, AA could use a little less, indies usually don't get/need any.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nintendo gets away with saying nothing while continuing to retain massive interest.

How much could you mention about a puzzle style game without ruining the experience? XD

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and yet, being Zelda, Nintendo gets away with saying nothing while continuing to retain massive interest.

It's interesting how it's a Zelda only phenomenon. Mario doesn't get that many mainline games but it gets a lot of other stuff so fans are still well fed. Pokemon is Pokemon.

But Zelda is like once every few years, akin to most franchises, yet the sheer power it holds by simply saying "new Zelda" is insane.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

is it just me, or is starting a new year pretty blank a tendency of Ninty for a while now

It's so they can have a Nintendo Direct in January.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

does this count as a multicolored hair avi to you?

I will make it count, as the Emperor!

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Is this an arranged marriage, or does the plot simply demand it?

The plot! After collecting the Oceanic mgcuffins together, you head to Atlantis for the final dungeon together!

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Is it year of the rabbit or something

I am seeing lotsa bunny girl arts on the net

FlTO4OwaEAEODLm?format=jpg&name=large

JoJo Rabbit.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

7HDzxfa.png
HPid759.png

ZEBxqIA.jpg

Sweet home Alabama!

2 hours ago, Green06 said:
He is. He's taking responsability for his actions and finally going to be free.

If he wants to take responsibility for his actions, he should get jailed like Redacted

And yes, but in the dumbest way possible. Like every other member of Ouroboros who tries to have a character motivation that isn’t “yeah bruh I’m just evil”.

He wasn't brainwashed, it was all part his plan.

But we literally see Curseman going “RELINQUISH IT TO ME… YOUR ENTIRE BEING……” and blah blah blah.

Now you might say

Spoiler

But Sooks, being brainwashed was part of his plan! And while yes, what was always interesting about Osbro was his political intrigue and policies that he was first set up with, that led to things like Crossbell. And that’s way more interesting than The Curse™. Osbro peaked in Sky 3rd.

At least I think that was part of his plan, his plan was kind of unclear to be honest.

The Normal End is vital to Haji, and will get expanded a lot.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

7HDzxfa.png
HPid759.png

ZEBxqIA.jpg

Corrin getting an incest letter in Birthright