• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, had Tod and Shion fight Allen and... pft, even Allen is comparing Shion with Show. Guy just can't catch a break. Anyway, once he's beaten, he drops his bravado and... something starts acting up. His Leprechaun regenerates all its HP back... and turns out it was Alcyone! Who shows up with more Golems in tow. Who is here, of course, to help Zagato conquer this world. Still, Alcyone mentions how monsters isn't all Zagato has. Once the natural order of the world is shattered, he'll gain power unbounded! The Aura Road opening had weakened the boundary between the worlds because the natural order is collapsing. Which explains the monsters being more powerful as of late. But not just that, the monsters are also feeding up from nearby humans. Mainly, Show can sense it's Kamille's own aura. So not unlike the Primeval having been drawn to him earlier. Alcyone taunts them about what can they do about it, kill him? Show tells him to focus, but Allen tells him it's hopeless. People can't get rid of fear just like that. Still, he has to fight, and so does Show. The duty borne by one with power... a Battler! His own Aura flares up, and the Newtypes compare it to that of the Biosensor. The light of life itself. A battle scene ensues, where Show NOW uses Aura Shoot to one-shot Allen. It seems it makes him fully understand he had gone through the Aura Road and back to life. Tod warns him if he doesn't do something different with this second life, he'll just keep fighting forever and never be satisfied. Though Allen says what if that's what he wants. He'll always be him, no matter how many times he comes back. And with that, he withdraws.

Thanks to all this, Kamille's own uncertainly has been cleansed out, returning his aura to normal. Alcyone is shocked to see how sheer willpower shrugged off fear and anxiety, and leaves too to report to Zagato. Still, the group note how that's what a Battler does, making Shion ponder. In any case, everyone's now motivated to finish mop up here!

Alright, still on turn three. I can finish this in time!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

S;G

Hmm

I do have some ideas there, but they involve side Materials and other Sci;Adv stuff, so...

Or just write a Maho story or something kek

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Trails is cool if they’re in the Sky

Here's one plot bunny from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy back

Spoiler
  • Estelle wasn't able to save Joshua, becomes Kloe's Knight

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

from Zero, to Azure

The crossover idea i talked with you about before would start from there

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

made out of Cold Steel that’s actually good.

You already have the best idea of that one tho...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Altina

that! You write the Alina fic!

xD

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

3H works I guess

Spoiler
  • Yune and Sothis talk about their respective Heroes (Ike, Micaiah, Byleth & 3H Lords).
  • After fleeing from the church, Jeralt takes Byleth and goes to Almyra/Brigid/Dagda Or Fateslandia and you get my currently on hold CYOA. I need to return to this
  • The Dragon council discusses who the final boss of the next game should be.
  • The Students of Gareg Mach find a series of Books called 'Fire Emblem', consisting of several Stories.
  • Byleth dies at the end of Crimson Flower
  • The awakening trio, after helping save Fateslandia, head to their next adventure.
  • After the unification of Fodlan, Seteth, Flayn and Rhea decide to travel the world outside Fodlan.

Here're some to pick from 😄 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Just now, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I was talking about drinking after all.

I thought you were trying to make an oblique reference to the perfectly tolerable 5 bottles of whisky I drink every 6 hours.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hide contents
  • Yune and Sothis talk about their respective Heroes (Ike, Micaiah, Byleth & 3H Lords).
  • After fleeing from the church, Jeralt takes Byleth and goes to Almyra/Brigid/Dagda Or Fateslandia and you get my currently on hold CYOA. I need to return to this
  • The Dragon council discusses who the final boss of the next game should be.
  • The Students of Gareg Mach find a series of Books called 'Fire Emblem', consisting of several Stories.
  • Byleth dies at the end of Crimson Flower
  • The awakening trio, after helping save Fateslandia, head to their next adventure.
  • After the unification of Fodlan, Seteth, Flayn and Rhea decide to travel the world outside Fodlan.

Here're some to pick from 😄 

Oh, 3H plot ideas? I do have a couple of those myself. Like, say...

Spoiler

Byleth is unable to save Edelgard in time from Kostas. Either because they weren't struck themselves for Sothis to give them Divine Pulse at that moment, or like with Jeralt in the original timeline, not even Divine Pulse can change it. Still, Kostas grabs Edelgard's corpse (?) and leaves. Some time later, after striking him down, they find to their shock a still alive Edelgard... or is she? Maybe she's... someone else in disguise...

Another idea is basically that Jeralt either never leaves Garreg Mach or is unable to take Byleth with him. Thus Byleth grows up at the monastery... under Rhea's guidance...

Right now I'm writing a 3H fanfic myself. The plot is kinda: "Claude wants to investigate Monica and ropes Hilda to help out". Though there's more than that going on or that will go on... perhaps...

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Maybe she's... someone else in disguise...

Spoiler

Hi Slytherin

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

"Claude wants to investigate Monica and ropes Hilda to help out".

Spoiler

Edelsimp Monica or Kronya?

Alright, routed on the last turn! Got the SR Point.

With the battle over, the group praise Show, with Silkie commenting how he's been reborn and gotten stronger than ever before. Shion... still hasn't quite let it go. Still, Tod notes he still has a long way to go.

Back on board, Amuro tells Kamille he doesn't need to apologize. Even he had once been plagued by the same thing. Kamille asks him if he thinks he's alive, but Amuro says nothing can be done just wondering about it. Still, Kamille inwardly comments he will accept things, no matter how bad they get, and handle it as best he can. Talk now shifts to Zagato. The group hopes everything can be resolved if they can save Pricess Emeraude back into her rightful place as Cephiro's Pillar. That should stabilize the world boundaries. Still, where to find Zagato is the question now. They can only hope the Federation can dig something up as they investigate about the monsters. In the meantime, Chum still senses the aura of fear spreading all over the world, though Show is confident people are capable of overcoming it, just as Kamille did. And he did as well, way back. This makes the Magic Knight remain determined that they can do it. Defeat Zagato and save the princess. Thus the stage ends...

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi Slytherin

Spoiler

Sneaky sneaky huh. Of course, what this means regarding the actual Monica now? With the switched impersonation, is Monica just killed off all the same, or is kept alive long enough to be rescued? The possibilities...

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Edelsimp Monica or Kronya?

Spoiler

No, for this it'd actually be Kronya, as it were.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:28 PM, Benice said:

For the record, I agree with you on those strats being uncompetitive, because yeah, they just make the game extremely dull- I started Showdown after the Assist thing was banned, but Baton Pass sucks to deal with too.

Speaking of Assist, it became relevant again in Gen 9 National Dex thanks to this one move called Revival Blessing. Revival Blessing allows reviving a Pokemon in competitive, but of course it's limited to one use and only two Pokemon get it. The problem? Assist can call Revival Blessing. Yeah... I shouldn't need to tell you where this is going, and how this ended.

And I would argue that Terastillization allows diversification for this.

Honestly, I would argue that it's almost as bad as Dynamax, and EASILY overtakes it in terms of being just plain uncompetitive. Win or lose, I want the result to be because of my own skill as a player, not a get-out-of-jail-free card I can pull out of my ass when my mon is on the losing end of a 1v1.

I don't see your overall point, though, since Terastillization has a lot of counters from a lot of Pokemon.

It's one thing to have counters, but those counters have to actually work. Terastallization completely alters a mon's type, and with it, their counterplay. For example, Hydreigon got banned from UU thanks to, among other things, it being able to use Steel tera to turn the fairies that would otherwise fell it easily into setup fodder. Also, because it's mid-battle, you might not actually have anything that can feasibly take on whatever just terastallized.

In other news, Chi-Yu, Cyclizar, and Annihilape got banned. The former was likely headed to Ubers anyway, same for the second, but the latter is the one where I'd prolly blame Terastallization for.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:16 PM, Loliko said:

It's a shame Clarisse , you were so close. Like , a few inches away from him.

Chapter 10 was kind of a train wreck : I somehow managed to recruit Gonzales with a lvl 1 Lilina but Klain and his boys decided that it would be funny to pile up in the one tile large corridor to the right. And even with rescue dropping from Shanna , Clarisse didn't have enough movement to talk to him. Also looks like Tate doesn't care if Shanna talks to her so I can kiss my Orion's bolt and Elisan Whip goodbye. Not resetting for Clarisse , i'll get Cecilia in like 3 chapters and I promoted my Lugh. I'm probably not getting the good ending aren't I

Edit : Also learned something new. The AI put massive priority on the weapon triangle and being able to ignore counterattack to the point that they will spend 10 turns chucking javelins with 30% hit rates and 0 might at my promoted Treck , but if they see a kill , they will go for it. So yeah my Gonzales is dead.

Capture d'écran_20230108_020102.png

Matthis Syndrome at its finest, people. Also, lemme guess, that was an ambush spawn.

On Gonzales: You ain't missing out on much.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:16 AM, Loliko said:

Yeah , in the long run it's just gonna save me one guiding ring lol

I actually got 10B , so I didn't get Echidna. I will get best dad Bartre tho , considering putting him on the team since my Lot has been stuck with 7 speed since I got him. That or Geese : always found it funny that he has the only portrait who looks directly at you for no discernable reason.

Honestly axe infantry are best avoided in Binding Blade unless you like gambling on every hit.

On 1/7/2023 at 5:53 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, me too. But she does die pretty quick, from what I remember.

Can't really argue with that. She's still much better than Juno, though.

Edited by Shadow Mir

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

For now, i will do a "Team write up" as well for Ice, until we can do with the dual thing xD

1st Gym Leader: Snorunt, Alola!Vulpix (12)

2nd Gym Leader: Glalie; Alola!Vulpix; Alola!Sandshrew  (18)

3rd Gym Leader: Glalie; Alola!Vulpix; Galar!Darumaka (24)

4th Gym Leader: Piloswine; Lapras; Arctozolt (30)

5th Gym Leader: Mega!Abomasnow; Glaceon; Weavile; Mamoswine (36)

6th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Lapras; Weavile(42)

7th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Baxcalibur; Weavile (48)

8th Gym Leader: Alola!Ninetales; Galar!Darmanitan; Froslass; Baxcalibur; Weavile; Iron Bundle (55)

I like that you didn't have any pokemon line consistent throughout, Alola!Vulpix coming the closest, I changed up my lineup a fair bit, but still kept the Dratini line throughout. I am also a bit surprised about one of the teams having Snow Warning (unless the Alola!Vulpix/Ninetales are supposed to have their hidden ability, in which case I am surprised there is one team without), as making a weather teams seems like a classic way to go for an Ice gym. Personally I would have probably tried to fit Jynx, and Frossmoth in some of the middling Gyms, and maybe have Cetitan in there somewhere, but really a fairly solid team for the type you are working with.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

If we're picking Pokémon types, I'll go against the grain and choose Bug.

As for my team... Volcarona of course, Vikavolt, Golisopod, Yanmega, Frosmoth, and Scolipede? Picking just six was surprisingly difficult.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised Scizor didn't make the list (or Heracross), but there are some great bug types choices in here, big fan of Volcarona making the list.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need to do more? Dangit.

Okay, so shiny Ditto kinda looks like Gooron if you really squint. So shiny Ditto.

Snorlax, because he sleeps and that's neat.

Uh, another Snorlax. Two Snorlaxes.

Ehh Lickilicky? What kind of a name is that? That one. It looks really dumb, I like it.

Watchog, it looks very smug and it's crossing its arms for some reason in this image.

And eeeeh... Another Snorlax.

There we go, that's a team that works, I'm sure.

Three Snorlaxes, and a Ditto, this is such a meme team, and gives me strong Gym Leader Larry vibes for some reason. Needless to say I would do it very different, although I would be tempted to use a team of pure Normal types, taking advantage of the amazing move coverage Normal types are known for to cover for that.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No yeah, you're right. Replace the crossing arms monkey with Beardmon.

Lol, fun change, and I love that you just kept the three Snorlax, probably more accurate to gym leaders in actual pokemon games

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

• Kingambit
  • Iron Jugulis
  • Zoroark
  • Hisuian Samurott
  • Roaring Moon
  • Houndoom (Mega)

This is mainly a result of my clashing between my first ever Pokemon (Samurott) and my favorite Pokemon of all time (Zoroark). But then i remembered Hisuian Samurott is Water/Dark.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

...........I um.....did actually forget about Tyranaitar. Ok so, replace Houndoom with Tyranitar (still Mega).

Having a Zoroark is a fun little surprise to have on a Team (which do you intend to be in the back for it to mimic ?), also this is a really modern team, just the Zoroark and Mega are before the Switch era. Probably would end up being a downgrade, but I would have tried to have a few earlier gen mons, like Greninja, or Weavil, or possibly even Spiritomb

6 hours ago, Green06 said:

If were making a Pokémon League, I want the Fairy, damn you Benice Psychic type

Bronzong, Sigilyph, Delphox, (Mega) Gardevoir, (Mega) Gallade, Espeon.

If IO decides to take it, I'll go with Ghost:

Mimikyu, Dragapult, Chandelure, Hisuian Zoroark, Spiritomb, Aegislash.

I do like for the Psyhchic team having both Gardevoir, and Gallade on the team (and having the potential for either to Mega). It would probably be a downgrade, but I would have probably tried to fit the gen 1 classics of Eggecutor, and Starmie in there somewhere, and Farigiraf would have been tempting as well.

As for the ghost team, great team, although it is hard to go wrong with Ghost types. I think it would be funny to have Houndstone as the ace to use his ludcrous Last Respect attack.

5 hours ago, ping said:

In today's episode of Spending Too Much Time On A Silly Idea:

• As 1st gym:
    • Remoraid (Lv.9: Water Gun - Lock On - Psybeam)
    • Remoraid (Lv.9: Water Gun - Lock On - Aurora Beam)
    • Squirtle (Lv.13: Tackle - Water Gun - Tail Whip - Withdraw)
  • As 2nd gym:
    • Poliwag (Lv.16: Water Gun - Hypnosis - DoubleSlap - Rain Dance)
    • Remoraid (Lv.14: Water Gun - Psybeam - Aurora Beam - Charge Beam)
    • Remoraid (Lv.14: Water Gun - Psybeam - Aurora Beam - Incinerate)
    • Wartortle (Lv.18: Tackle - Water Gun - Bite - Withdraw)
  • As 3rd gym:
    • Polywag (Lv.24: Water Gun - Hypnosis - Mud Shot - Rain Dance)
    • Remoraid (Lv.22: BubbleBeam - Psybeam - Aurora Beam - Incinerate)
    • Wartortle (Lv.22: Water Gun - Bite - Withdraw - Rain Dance)
    • Octillery (Lv.25: Octazooka - Psybeam - Charge Beam - Bullet Seed)
  • As 4th gym:
    • Polywhirl (Lv.28: BubbleBeam - Hypnosis - Mud Shot - Rain Dance)
    • Octillery (Lv.25: Octazooka - Psybeam - Charge Beam - Bullet Seed)
    • Octillery (Lv.25: Octazooka - Psybeam - Aurora Beam - Incinerate)
    • Wartortle (Lv.30: Water Pulse - Bite - Protect - Rain Dance)
  • As 5th gym:
    • Polywhirl (Lv.32: BubbleBeam - Hypnosis - Mud Shot - Rain Dance)
    • Octillery (Lv.30: Octazooka - Psybeam - Charge Beam - Wring Out)
    • Whiscash (Lv.33: Water Pulse - Magnitude - Rest - Snore)
    • Lombre (Lv.33: BubbleBeam - Zen Headbutt - Fake Out - Uproar)
    • Blastoise (Lv.36: Aqua Tail - Bite - Protect - Rain Dance)
  • As 6th gym:
    • Seadra (Lv.38: Brine - Twister - Focus Energy - Rain Dance)
    • Ludicolo (Lv.38: BubbleBeam - Giga Drain - Zen Headbutt - Fake Out)
    • Whiscash (Lv.40: Aqua Tail - Magnitude - Amnesia - Rest)
    • Blastoise (Lv.40: Aqua Tail - Bite - Protect - Rain Dance)
    • Polywrath (Lv.42: Waterfall - Body Slam - Hypnosis - Circle Throw)
  • As 7th gym:
    • Kingdra (Lv.40: Hydro Pump - Twister - Focus Energy - Rain Dance)
    • Ludicolo (Lv.44: BubbleBeam - Giga Drain - Zen Headbutt - Icy Wind)
    • Whiscash (Lv.46: Aqua Tail - Earthquake - Amnesia - Rest)
    • Polywrath (Lv.46: Waterfall - Body Slam - Hypnosis - Circle Throw)
    • Blastoise (Lv.48: Surf - Dragon Tail - Iron Defense - Rain Dance)
  • As 8th gym:
    • Mantine (Lv.52: Hydro Pump - Air Slash - Signal Beam - Rain Dance)
    • Kingdra (Lv.50: Hydro Pump - Dragon Pulse - Focus Energy - Rain Dance)
    • Ludicolo (Lv.52: Hydro Pump - Giga Drain - Zen Headbutt - Icy Wind)
    • Whiscash (Lv.52: Aqua Tail - Earthquake - Amnesia - Rest)
    • Polywrath (Lv.52: Waterfall - Payback - Hypnosis - Circle Throw)
    • Blastoise (Lv.55: Surf - Dragon Tail - Iron Defense - Rain Dance)

Generally based on Gen5 movesets, because that's the last generation that I've actually played, but also with some TMs (like Incinerate and Charge Beam) and at least one tutor move (Giga Drain on Ludicolo). There's some spiel for how much the later teams would use Rain Dance apart from the increased damage. I'll just put out there that Whiscash's hidden ability is Hydration :whistle:

You went even further than I did, and I like how you used that extra work to really highlight the amazing movepool of Octillary/Remeroid, and the two with equal level adds the fun of a guessing the moveset to any player, its not something I would hav thought of, and is super fun. Admitedly that is a bit of a double edged sword, as water is one of the most populated types. If I were going by the same gen 5 restriction, personally I would have fit Lanturn line somewhere in there, the Jellicent line as well, and probably would have gone with one of the other Water/Ground types. Honestly there are so many water types that I get the feeling it would be easy to make a team which doesn't even resemble yours.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

1st GYM: Beldum, Klink, Honedge

2nd GYM: Klink, Honedge, Metang

3rd GYM: Klink, Varoom, Honedge, Metang

4th GYM: Klink, Varoom, Honedge, Metang

5th GYM: Klang, Doublade, Revavroom, Metang

6th GYM: Klang, Pawniard, Doublade, Revavroom, Metang

7th GYM: Klang, Bisharp, Doublade, Revavroom, Metagross

8th GYM and beyond: Klinklang, Revavroom, Aegislash, Corviknight, Kingambit, Metagross

Then again, going by how it'd be done in the games themselves, we'd only have five at most unless it's Champion spot.

Ooh, another consistent pokemon lines set throughout. Beldum is an interesting pokemon to see, as its only move is Takedown (or Tackle in the last generation), and I love the inclusion of the Honedge line. Fairly solid team, although personally I would probably fit the classic of Skarmory in there somewhere, and using Orthworm's Ground absorbing ability would be fun as well, Empoleon would also be a tempting choice in some of the latter Gyms, not to mention Ferrathorn.

2 hours ago, Green06 said:

We should choose a romhack to play monotype runs. I once did it with my brother and some friends and it was fun. Pic related

I would be game for that, although let me get back to you on which romhack to suggest. Although if we want to go for a normal Pokemon game, X & Y are some of the best for multiple monotypes thanks to the amazing availability of differing types everywhere in those games.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Actually mine's Grass. 😛

Wonder why you thought Dragon was mine, out of curiosity.

You did have a crossed out line before about potentially being a dragon mascot, but it was in response to some talk about Grass types, so I guess that makes some sense.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Gym 1: Shroomish, Lombre

Gym 2: Shroomish, Lombre, Tangela

Gym 3: Capaskid, Roselia, Breloom

Gym 4: Tangela, Lileep, Breloom, Roserade

Gym 5: Flapple, Appletun, Roserade, Whimsicott

Gym 6: Whimsicott, Roserade, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Cradily

Gym 7: Cradily, Whimsicott, Ludicolo, Ferrothorn, Scovillain

Gym 8: Ludicolo (Poison Tera if allowed), Ferrothorn, Cradily, Scovillain, Whimsicott, Toedscruel

Postgame, limit breach: Whimsicott, Ferrothorn (Tera Water), Scovillain (Dynamax), Leafeon, Toedscruel, Mega Venusaur

Screw the rules I call hax: Sky Shaymin, Mow Rotom (Steel Tera), Wo-Chien, Gigantamax Venusaur, Mega Sceptile, Kartana

Let me know if I need to tone it down a little, I did try and keep some realistic levelling, though I am probably being generous on stone/item evos.

What a great set for a grass team, especially love the Whimsicott inclusion, as Prankster works well with its nasty status moves (and substitute cheese) the type is famous for. Only real poke I think I would add is one of the Decidueye

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I like that you didn't have any pokemon line consistent throughout

^^

My basic thought through it was "how to test the player depending on game progress". Hence for example, i went with Mega in Gym 5, as that is the time where players should learn/start using Megas iirc.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

unless the Alola!Vulpix/Ninetales are supposed to have their hidden ability, in which case I am surprised there is one team without

This! If i am not mistaken, only Gym 4 doesn't have Snow Warning, and i wanted to test the player there more on type combinations and semi tough mons for the game.

Although probably swept through with a good fighting type xD

Ninetales goes for the old Snow Warning + Aurora Veil combo, one i love to use alot myself.

Alot of my mons there are also some of my favs, so i tried to make a combination outta em xD

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Rip Claude and Hilda. Way over their heads there xD

Spoiler

Well, it all depends if they're caught in the act, heh.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ooh, another consistent pokemon lines set throughout. Beldum is an interesting pokemon to see, as its only move is Takedown (or Tackle in the last generation), and I love the inclusion of the Honedge line. Fairly solid team, although personally I would probably fit the classic of Skarmory in there somewhere, and using Orthworm's Ground absorbing ability would be fun as well, Empoleon would also be a tempting choice in some of the latter Gyms, not to mention Ferrathorn.

For a first GYM, yeah, Beldum there I think it's fine. I suppose Skarmony could replace Corviknight, but I went with the latter for the Gigantamax. If this is without Gigantamax, then yeah, Skarmony could be there instead.

Orthworm, huh. Maybe, but despite the pure Steel type it feels more like a Ground one, more so looking at its learnable moves. I think it shines best with a Ground Tera Type, so then that's not much of a fit for a Steel team.

Scenario 32: Battlers, Fly

The scenario begins with Shion training, with Tetsuya and Guy coaching... and he's regretting it, heh. Still, Guy says it's nothing compared to what the Gundam Fighters would've put him through. And when a comment about his attitude also needing adjustment, Saizo volunteers to tech him the VTX Spirit. XD Still, the group do note it's still a set-up from how he was earlier. That's what the motivation to surpass Show can lead to, heh. In any case, it gets the Magic Knights motivated to train too, and Show offers to coach. Marvel is surprised at that, with Show commenting he's been feeling a little out of it recently... and inwardly wonders just what it is. He equates it to being in a dream he's not waking up from.

Elsewhere near some woods, Silkie muses how she too can't help but think about Show. Not in the same way as Shion, but more like, she feels she has met him, long long ago. Unfortunately for her, she's distracted enough to be approached by Alcyone!  Though she's here instead to deliver a message to Show. About the Black Knight wanting a duel with him.

In a different elsewhere, this time in some desert, Jeril has received the report that Alcyone has delivered the message. Rabaan intends to use the Zwauth for said duel. Jeril wonders if he can handle it, since it's powerful enough to open the Aura Road on its own. Still, Rabaan isn't concerned. Though Jeril doesn't make it a secret that should he fail, she intends to ask the Northern Sage to use the Zwauth herself instead. Though Rabaan comments how the hatred within him, with the strength and cunning it has given him, will guide him to victory. Jeril notes it makes her remember someone she met 700 years ago, and Rabaan asks if it was Bern Bunnings. As in, the original Byston Wellian Black Knight. Jeril is shocked to know he knows of him, to which Rabaan says he has heard from the Northern Sage. Ever since he heard of Bern's name, an indescribable feeling has coursed through him. Ambition, hatred. He wants to settle things with Show. Jeril says she too has a bone to pick with Show, and departs, to which Rabaan muses she can't stand a chance against him. He then tells Remul how it must also be fated what he seeks from her, though he won't elaborate on that. Once Show is down, Shion will be next. Thus the 700 Year Karmic Bond will come to an end...

Shion has reached the agreed site of the duel. Silkie comments if this is a good idea, and Shion points out she came to him instead. She can't explain why she did so, only feeling she owes a big debt to Show. Still, Shion thanks her, as it means he can be the one to duel the Black Knight. That's his job after all, as well as save Remul. Rabaan shows up, a little surprised to see Shion. Shion starts saying if he too will start to compare with him Show, and Rabaan muses how as the natural order crumbles, so does the past and present blurs within their souls. Thus, Shion too suffers from it. Shion has no idea what he's talking about, but Silkie seems to be figuring it out. In any case, Rabaan is willing to fight Shion first, who once again proclaims he'll save Remul. Rabaan notices how the past isn't completely repeating itself, and the fight begins!

Okay, one on one duel between Shion in the Sirbine and Rabaan in the Zwauth! SR Point is to finish the map within five turns... so things will pick up sooner or later, but also a unit must reach 10 ExC. So... should be simpler doing it with Shion. Okay, let's go!

Ha, even Rabaan starts comparing! But also mentions Shion must be recovering memories of his past life. Huh? In any case, after one attack, or enough damage was enough perhaps? Anyway, Show shows up. Shion isn't happy to see him, and turns out Silkie told Chum who told Show. Rabaan notes how Show coming alone means he must feel something towards the battle, and is willing to fight them both at once! Show and Chum recognize his aura, sensing a grudge. And we resume.

Hmm, my main party is already over level 30 and none have gained any of the damage-boosting Spirits yet. I wonder when. Anyway...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

59 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Win or lose, I want the result to be because of my own skill as a player, not a get-out-of-jail-free card I can pull out of my ass when my mon is on the losing end of a 1v1.

If it's really such an issue, then Showdown should just show Tera-Types in the team preview.

As for the official scene, seems it's mainly just specific Pokemon and event-exclusive moves that get the ban, not for the same reasons that Smogon would (for example, the first SV championships banned all Legendaries and Paradoxes).

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Having a Zoroark is a fun little surprise to have on a Team (which do you intend to be in the back for it to mimic ?)

Well since it's all Dark-Types, the Illusion effect is diminished somewhat. I could probably bait some moves tho by pretending to be Kingambit or Tyranitar.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

also this is a really modern team, just the Zoroark and Mega are before the Switch era. Probably would end up being a downgrade, but I would have tried to have a few earlier gen mons, like Greninja, or Weavil, or possibly even Spiritomb

In the case of Roaring Moon and Iron Jugulis, it was me fitting in a Salamence (a favorite of mine) and Hydriegon (another favorite) into the same Dark-Type team, without Dragon/Dark being repeated. Same reason why i don't have Greninja, because while i like Greninja, i like Samurott more and the Hisuian form allowed for the compromise. 

And if you noticed, four the Pokemon here are connected to Gen 5 in some way: Samurott, albeit in an alternate form, Zoroark, Kingambit, an evolution to Bisharp and Iron Jugulis, Hydriegon from the future. Gen 5 was where i started after all.

Rabaan brings up again the whole past and present lines being blurred, and memories of the soul being brought sought, intermingling this life and the next. Show comments he gets a funny feeling regarding both him and Shion, and ponders if it's true, then Rabaan must be...

So, after another battle or HP threshold, the fairies note some kind of power is flowing into the Zwauth, not unlike the monsters from before. Rabaan once again mentions the 700 Years Old Karmic Bond. He still won't talk, and he and Shion prepare to trade blows, but Show gets in-between! Shion begans to feel Show's pain, with Rabaan explaining their souls are becoming one once again. He talks how their souls were originally one... Shion is Show's reincarnation! Or at least, that of part of Show's soul.

As an aside, this tidbit isn't exactly the same back in the Dunbine series. As in, the whole soul fragment bit only exists here as a way to explain both Show and Shion existing at the same time for this game. Originally Shion is just straight up 100% reincarnated soul.

In any case, hearing that, Show can feel his mind clearing, and Chum wonders just how does the Black Knight knows that. And finally he complies, explaining he is the soul of Bern Bunnings himself! His reincarnation... and Show notes it must mean he never killed off Bern's grudge completely. And now, 700 years later, said grudge now has incredible strength. Meanwhile Shion is still a little shocked at the revelation, with Show telling him to focus.

Aura Battlers show up, to Rabaan's surprise. Jeril repeats Show is her pray, who tries to use this to lure her away and give Shion the chance to escape. He tells him whatever happened between him and Bern doesn't concern him. He's his own person, and so must live! Jeril comments how that's so like him... and that's what she hates about him. Her own Aura begins acting up Show comments she could go Hyper, and Jeril says it won't be like last time. She'll harness its power and kill him! Show tries to reason with her, that they can't repeat the cycle, but Jeril won't listen. She'll live how she wants. Her Aura keeps flaring up, and Silkie detects the Aura Road has opened! Show is bathed in a bright light, and... another Billbine shows up? No, it's... the Bellvine! Show and Chum quickly jump over. Chum asks him how he knew its name, and he explains that Ciela told him. As in... just now?

Fun fact, Bellvine was originally meant to appear in the Dunbine OVA, serving as Shion's mid-season upgrade from the Sirbine, but it never got used. And now, SRW T makes use of the mech at last... for Show. Huh?

Anyway, Show uses the Bellvine to do a Hyper Aura Slash against Jeril.

Another fun fact. The Aura Slash and Hyper Aura Slash attacks of the various Aura Battler machines are SRW-only attacks for the most part. At least in the case of Show, the attacks were only brought up as potential attacks he could do as fantasized by Chum. But here in SRW, they're a reality!

In any case, just like with Allen, Jeril seems to have been thrown through Byston Well and back... but ultimately, her Aura has been purified, preventing her from going Hyper. Jeril can't believe he did this to her, and vows he'll regret it before withdrawing. Show thinks how Jeril's original fate, who couldn't control her expanding Aura and self-destructed, showed a potential future for all those who battle with Aura Machines. He feels the Bellvine, thus, was sent to him to save people like her. And now Shion says he gets it. He also felt it, going through the Aura Road and Byston Well alongside Show. And he understood what the cycle of souls meant. Life and the world are one and the same, so to fight for surival is not unlike fighting to protect the world. His own Aura flares up, with Show thinking how a new Battler has been born today. Shion tries to apologize to Show, who tells him it's not needed. They are connected after all. Still, he once again repeats Shion is his own person, so he can fight for what he has experienced, though Shion muses they'll be the same things in the end. And now the rest of T3 finally arrives.

Naturally, they're surprised to see the Bellvine... and more shocked to see Shion acting different. Shion tries to say it doesn't matter, but Rabaan retorts if he doesn't comprehend the weight of his destiny. Shion doesn't care about the whole reincarnation bond, though. What he cares for is that Rabaan kidnapped Remul, brought war to both Upper Earth and Byston Well, and that's why he's his enemy! And we resume!

... this is still turn one... lol

So... the Bellvine. Since this counts as a separate mech, Show gets to move again! Neat. Anyway, Shion still got something out of this. He gained the Battler skill at last, but also the Sirbine got a boost to weapons damage. TacP Bonus for this stage is for him and Show to defeat two enemies each. And having to rout within five turns... let's go!