Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, more Drumlos, Vierreses, and... oh, now the Byston Well mooks are using Leprechauns too.

Short of another surprise in the waiting, this should be a clear path to rout.

There we go, Show reached 10 ExC. Now to have Shion defeat one enemy more and rout.

Wait... oh, no, the objective is to defeat Rabaan! Uh, reseting, hahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

-grass stuff-

fRbAutB.png

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here's one plot bunny from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy back

Hide contents
  • Estelle wasn't able to save Joshua, becomes Kloe's Knight

Elaborate? I’m confused.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hide contents
  • Yune and Sothis talk about their respective Heroes (Ike, Micaiah, Byleth & 3H Lords).
  • After fleeing from the church, Jeralt takes Byleth and goes to Almyra/Brigid/Dagda Or Fateslandia and you get my currently on hold CYOA. I need to return to this
  • The Dragon council discusses who the final boss of the next game should be.
  • The Students of Gareg Mach find a series of Books called 'Fire Emblem', consisting of several Stories.
  • Byleth dies at the end of Crimson Flower
  • The awakening trio, after helping save Fateslandia, head to their next adventure.
  • After the unification of Fodlan, Seteth, Flayn and Rhea decide to travel the world outside Fodlan.

Here're some to pick from 😄 

The last one sounds like a sitcom, lmao.

Okay, after defeating Rabaan, he declares he can still fight, and his Aura starts acting up. A wave of overwhelming hatred emanates from him. Kamille senses familiarity with it, comparing it to his own fear and doubt. Rabaan declares to Show and Shion he'll fight them so long this power exists, until the karmic bond reaches its conclusion, and thus withdraws. Interestingly, Hikaru becomes uneasy from the Black Knight's display of power. Shion is angry he couldn't save Remul, but Show tells him he'll get his chance to fight Rabaan again... and inwardly adds that settling things with him may be the reason why he's here, and thus vows to complete the mission that Queen Ciela has given him, with the Bellvine also entrusted to him by her.

Over yonder with the Northern Sage, he notes how Rabaan has become aware of his past life and mastered the Zwauth, and even Show is now aware of his reason for being. Though he didn't count on him obtaining the Holy Maiden's Treasure. Still, his own objectives will be reached, even if things aren't going as Zagato wanted.

Back with the heroes, Show has explained things over, showing that, indeed, he felt Queen Ciela's will from within the Aura Road, and even heard her voice. It's what guided him to the Bellvine. Silkie comments it's the Holy Maiden's Treasure, and Holy Maiden is what Queen Ciela used to be called. Tod muses it means the Aura Machine belongs to the Land of Na, and wonders why it's not white, since that's what a machine prepared personally by the Queen would be colored. The royal guard were the Whiteguard of Na, after all. Still, Chum says it's not white because it was built specifically for Show to use. Hence the same blue color as the Billbine was for the final battle. Tod then declares he'll take the Billbine now. After all, it was a gift from the Queen after saving her from the Storm Sphere, so he has as much right to use it as Show does. Still, he doubts anyone other than Show can use Aura Shoot. And indeed, gameplay wise, it's unusable if anyone else is piloting the Billbine. Show comments even he couldn't use it unless he had the proper sense of resolve. So, not unless the Billbine is in its Night Camo colors. On that subject, Tod asks what Show plans to do about the paint scheme... and we actually get a choice to keep it or return Billbine to its regular color scheme. However, this also makes the Billbine lose the stat boost and the Aura Shoot attack so... what is even the point? Unless you don't mind that minor setback in order to get the red and white Billbine back. But still... why even bother? Would've been neat to keep the benefits when changing the colors back... but well, that's not a choice.

In any case, Show muses it must've been Queen Ciela who split his soul into two, so the two could pilot the Bellvine and carry on its duty. After all, it could also carry the will of Jacoba Aon too, the leader of the Ferario who wanted them to eradicate all the Aura Machines. Show reflects on how the main part of his soul was what got reborn as Shion, while the part that wanted to carry out his duty resurrected as... well, himself. Marvel wonders if that duty is what brought them all back, giving them a new lease on life after 700 years. To bring a true close to the Aura Machine wars. Use the power for good and prove history doesn't have to repeat itself. That said, Allen and Jeril got that same chance and have squandered it so far. Though Show thinks it's still not too late. Thus the first step is to stop the Black Kinght from conquering Byston Well and Upper Earth, and Shion is all on board now. He still feels a bit weirded out by the whole reincarnation business, and more so since Show doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. Show tries to joke it's due to being 700 years older, and Shion protests he wasn't alive for that long, heh. In any case, he'll fight the Black Knight too, since he's after him anyway. Though ultimately he thinks the Northern Sage holds the key to all this, and Show agrees. After some more teasing, Shion vows to not just save Remul, but also to protect the world and all life in it. From now on, he'll fight as a Battler.

Just then, the group receives word they've been contacted by the Irregulars. They'll be reuniting in this area. The heroes at large ponder on the battles that lie ahead. With everything happening lately, the war is advancing into a new stage, and so they must gather their own forces to be ready.

And thus the stage, and the route split, finally come to an end.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

C'mon, you don't need to do this, I'm fine with either Psychic/Ghost teams

Nonono, you misunderstand, I'm not a good person, I just prefer Flying.

4 hours ago, Green06 said:

Also, when did you get a job???

Two years ago?

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or: Teehee should make a Pokemon hack

Don't make me do it, I tried my hand at it a while back and it literally melts my brain. It's not as accessible as FEBuilder...

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

What about Brazil did 06 do a write up of? (Don’t mind the quote)

Lula.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I would argue that it's almost as bad as Dynamax

How? Dynamax is a flat, massive boost to HP that prevents forced switch-outs, generally increases offensive capabilities, buffs the user or debuffs the opponent while doing huge damage, and has no actual counters or any downsides at all, other than Choice items being disabled. Unless you're Shedinja or quad-weak, you can essentially guarantee living a hit while buffing yourself up, either making yourself stronger or the other 'mon weaker. Literally the only reason not to dynamax is because you only can do it once, so it's just about choosing the right time to pick the "kill everything" button- The only strategy is timing.

Terastillization does little aside from change type and increase STAB, and therefore has a lot of counters.

Win or lose, I want the result to be because of my own skill as a player, not a get-out-of-jail-free card I can pull out of my ass when my mon is on the losing end of a 1v1.

Yes, you're right, because considering your pokemon's tera-type and your options against the other team, the drawbacks of the new type and losing your old one, as well as which of your pokemon can most effectively use their tera type and choosing the correct option at the correct is not strategy, it's just luck.

For example, Hydreigon got banned from UU thanks to, among other things, it being able to use Steel tera to turn the fairies that would otherwise fell it easily into setup fodder.

This isn't infalliable, though- Retains a weakness to Fighting, and there are a lot of pokemon that can bring that to the table; Slither Wing, for example, can pretty safely dispatch of Hydreigon, as can pretty much any fighting type with Close Combat, or even Barraskewda, to say nothing of the potential of tera'd fighting types. Or OU pokemon, if Hydreigon's being played up there.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, because it's mid-battle, you might not actually have anything that can feasibly take on whatever just terastallized.

Shouldn't that be part of the strategy of the game, then? Adaptability should be a key part of any team looking to overpower tera-types. Plus, there are just bad tera types to do- I've won and lost games because of my own tera typing.

And again, there are quite a few really darned good Unaware pokemon that can counter pokemon that set up if need be.

You wanna know what's really OP, though? Rotom-Wash, the thing needs to be executed ASAP. I hate it.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If it's really such an issue, then Showdown should just show Tera-Types in the team preview.

Kinda lame IMO, but it's definitely a better compromise than outright banning the thing making Gen 9 cool and would still retain a lot of the diversity.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

In other news, Chi-Yu

Why Chi-Yu? In my experience, it wasn't that crazy good.

...Actually, I guess it'd suck to deal with if it's scarfed.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The last one sounds like a sitcom, lmao.

Spoiler

It's Always Sunny in Fhirdiad, starring Emma Watson as Rhea, David Schwimer as Dimitri, Jennifer Aniston as Edelgard, Amitabh Bachchan as Claude, Danny DeVito as their landlord, and Chris Pratt as Nemesis.

So fun fact

this scene broke a Guinness World Record. William Russell reprised his role as Ian Chesterson, one of The Doctor's very first companions. As in, the original group of companions. And in doing so, broke the record for "longest gap between TV appearances as the same character".

latest.png?width=825&height=619

William-russell-ian-chesterton-doctor-wh

57 years (from the time he left the show to the time he came back, not the gap between his first appearance and his latest appearance, which is 59 years, which is even more impressive).

The record was previously held by Coronation Street actor Philip Lowrie, who reprised his role as the character "Dennis Tanner" after 43 years.

Given the nature of this type of record, Russell's gonna be holding onto this one for a long long time.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shouldn't that be part of the strategy of the game, then? Adaptability should be a key part of any team looking to overpower tera-types.

Adaptability's been a core aspect of the game overall, i don't see why it'd be any different here. Not just this game but any game.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kinda lame IMO, but it's definitely a better compromise than outright banning the thing making Gen 9 cool and would still retain a lot of the diversity.

And honestly, i think Megas may have been harder to deal with. I mean yeah sure, you have to give up an item slot and typings don't really change but Megas usually took an already good Pokemon and made them better and people were fine with that.

Well i mean, unless it was Mega Rayquaza. That one got banned from the ban list, which is hilarious.

It's really just Dyanmaxing that's a big no-no because of how much of a win button it is. And then there's Z-Moves, which are honestly pretty useless lmao.

Edited by Armagon
Clarification

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So fun fact

this scene broke a Guinness World Record. William Russell reprised his role as Ian Chesterson, one of The Doctor's very first companions. As in, the original group of companions. And in doing so, broke the record for "longest gap between TV appearances as the same character".

latest.png?width=825&height=619

William-russell-ian-chesterton-doctor-wh

57 years.

The record was previously held by Coronation Street actor Philip Lowrie, who reprised his role as the character "Dennis Tanner" after 43 years.

Given the nature of this type of record, Russell's gonna be holding onto this one for a long long time.

Oh, wow. That's cool.

1 hour ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

It's Always Sunny in Fhirdiad, starring Emma Watson as Rhea, David Schwimer as Dimitri, Jennifer Aniston as Edelgard, Amitabh Bachchan as Claude, Danny DeVito as their landlord, and Chris Pratt as Nemesis.

Claude, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Nemesis are playing cards in the apartment

Dimitri: C’mon Claude, you’re clearly cheating, it’s not fair to us if you just swipe cards like that—

Rhea enters in a hurry

Rhea: Guys? Has anyone seen Mom?

Nemesis: She just want out for a bit, she’ll be back soon.

Claude: This sounds familiar…

6 hours ago, Green06 said:

We should choose a romhack to play monotype runs. I once did it with my brother and some friends and it was fun. Pic related

Xipy2ulq o

Returning to this idea, looking at the random hacks I actually have at hand, the only two I have that allow you to get every type we have chosen before the first gym (without grinding starters up to their final form before the first Gym...) are Pokemon Unbound, and the classic Drayano hack of Sacred Gold.

I want to resume writing that recent story I began... but admittedly I only really thought up the beginning portion. I still have some elements for short-term follow up, but after that I really don't know for the most part where to take the story. Hmm...

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You went even further than I did, and I like how you used that extra work to really highlight the amazing movepool of Octillary/Remeroid, and the two with equal level adds the fun of a guessing the moveset to any player, its not something I would hav thought of, and is super fun. Admitedly that is a bit of a double edged sword, as water is one of the most populated types. If I were going by the same gen 5 restriction, personally I would have fit Lanturn line somewhere in there, the Jellicent line as well, and probably would have gone with one of the other Water/Ground types. Honestly there are so many water types that I get the feeling it would be easy to make a team which doesn't even resemble yours.

The same level was a happy little accident, to be honest :lol: My main thought was to keep the Remoraid/Octillary as the lowest-leveled Pokemon, except for the Octillary ace, to make up for their surprising coverage moves. Making up eight different teams also allowed me to restrain myself to only 2-3 evolutionary lines for the first half (which is quite common in the actual games, too, I think) and then fan out with the remaining four teams.

I was considering Lanturn or Quagsire as anti-Electric Pokemon, but I guess having replayed the first Mystery Dungeon game made me look favourably at Whiscash. I do like the design, and it has a bit of a bullshit option in its Hydration dream ability combined with Rest. Could be a surprisingly tough challenge for the late/post game teams for trainers that lack grass attacks.

Okay, spoilers are slowly starting to trickle in. We now have info up to chapter 11.

...It's... still SUPER early, but there's a number of interesting implications to what's already been seen. Maybe it's time I stop reading spoilers, I've seen about enough to pique my interest.

Eeeexcept for the confirmation that my new favorite character in FE is playable. I need to see that for my own peace of mind.

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay so whatever I write about is going to involve bricks.

WOO

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wow so true

You just unlocked the Revelations ending.

Supreme Conqueror Sommie. The true final boss.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Three Snorlaxes, and a Ditto, this is such a meme team, and gives me strong Gym Leader Larry vibes for some reason.

Funny you should mention Larry, because for a moment I considered going maximum meme and say "for my final pokemon, give me Larry in a pokeball."

Inb4 I use Ditto to transform into a fourth Snorlax

Needless to say I would do it very different, although I would be tempted to use a team of pure Normal types, taking advantage of the amazing move coverage Normal types are known for to cover for that.

And you would lose to my three Snorlaxes.

Lol, fun change, and I love that you just kept the three Snorlax, probably more accurate to gym leaders in actual pokemon games

Of course. The crossing arms monkey was a filler pick. I was never going to replace my Snorlax army.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I would argue that it's almost as bad as Dynamax, and EASILY overtakes it in terms of being just plain uncompetitive. Win or lose, I want the result to be because of my own skill as a player, not a get-out-of-jail-free card I can pull out of my ass when my mon is on the losing end of a 1v1.

Sentence 1 and 2 kinda contradict since Pokemon has always had things that fall under "get out of jail free" category. Why would any new mechanic change that?

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, spoilers are slowly starting to trickle in. We now have info up to chapter 11.

Yeah, I read the thread myself as well.

Honestly going in, story was like the least important thing I cared about this game. So ironically enough, reading the leaks has made me more intrigued on the plot.

Good to hear the gameplay does hold up at least.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sentence 1 and 2 kinda contradict since Pokemon has always had things that fall under "get out of jail free" category. Why would any new mechanic change that?

Nah, up to Gen 5, it was just raw battles.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, I read the thread myself as well.

Honestly going in, story was like the least important thing I cared about this game. So ironically enough, reading the leaks has made me more intrigued on the plot.

Good to hear the gameplay does hold up at least.

Yeah, like I've said before, I really don't need much for the story to keep me entertained. The only story I ever skipped was Awakening. Even the more boring ones like New Mystery I read through, and we all know how I feel about Fates.

Spoiler

No but seriously where's my Momphir leak, she's apparently seen for two seconds in chapter 8 but I need more information!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gen 1 was a completely different beast.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah, up to Gen 5, it was just raw battles.

"up to" implies EVERY game up to that point.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Matthis Syndrome at its finest, people. Also, lemme guess, that was an ambush spawn.

On Gonzales: You ain't missing out on much.

Honestly axe infantry are best avoided in Binding Blade unless you like gambling on every hit.

Actually it wasn't , my Treck and Gonzales were just stuck on the left side of the map choking a point between two houses. They were surrounded by like 10 ennemies , it was pretty funny actually :]
I'd argue that there is some real worth in Bartre since he can use bows , and in my case , gets a very fast support with Fir. But yeah otherwise all Berserkers and Warriors are like playing slot machines in this game ; but sadly , I have an addiction. Axe go speeen

---

To quickly update on my playthrough : Got past Chapter 17 without too much trouble. If it wasn't for babying Sophia I would feel like that I'm starting to snowball through the game , since almost everyone in my team is promoted , and several got a ton of levels to grow (Lvl 19 Sue/Lvl 20 Geese/Noah). Adding Dougy to my team is very helpful since I won't be able to choke stuff with Treck and Noah forever.

Tried to do some arena with Sophia and the poor thing definitely tried , but even with doubled HP I had to bail her out multiple times. Once she reached lvl 13 and I took a look at the 20 nomads in the next map , I decided it was time to promote her. I'll slap 3 nosferatu tomes on her and call it day lol

299601876_Capturedcran_20230115_143142.png.865f53bd142e3813a0812d4edd67d1eb.png

Now I'm doing my chapter 18 attempts , I'm having more fun with this chapter than anticipated since it's a map that heavily encourage splitting your army into different groups. For now I'm sending Sue and Geese in the river to the south to distract ennemies and potentially bonk some of the troopers with Geese. Sending Fa , Noah , Treck and Dougy to the boss since they usually shrug off all the low damage of the short bows and can usually retaliate with javelins/hand axes. Sent Fir and Bartre to the right so they can press the funny "delete ennemy" button on the Wyvern Knight and Nomad Trooper. The rest of my team is in the back and pick off the few ennemies that manages to go through.
Finally , I'm making strong use of Roy's shop visiting utility by getting more 1/2 range weaponry and some killer weapons.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...It's... still SUPER early, but there's a number of interesting implications to what's already been seen.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*intrigued*

Now i just need to know if maddening is not bs and i will go full hype thrusters

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now i just need to know if maddening is not bs and i will go full hype thrusters

From what I read, without going into any real specifics:

Spoiler

Map quality good but (leaker's opinion) Conquest still has an edge

There is one map that might actually be bs but less that "Maddening sucks" and more like "ah yes, there's the stinker map of the game. There's always one". I won't go into the why but I can see why haha.

Edited by Armagon
Put it in spoilers just in case but there aren't any real spoilers there

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Map quality good but (leaker's opinion) Conquest still has an edge

Spoiler

That he is comparing it to conquest of all games gives me lotsa hope

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

ah yes, there's the stinker map of the game. There's always one".

As is tradition xD

45 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Actually it wasn't , my Treck and Gonzales were just stuck on the left side of the map choking a point between two houses. They were surrounded by like 10 ennemies , it was pretty funny actually :]
I'd argue that there is some real worth in Bartre since he can use bows , and in my case , gets a very fast support with Fir. But yeah otherwise all Berserkers and Warriors are like playing slot machines in this game ; but sadly , I have an addiction. Axe go speeen

---

To quickly update on my playthrough : Got past Chapter 17 without too much trouble. If it wasn't for babying Sophia I would feel like that I'm starting to snowball through the game , since almost everyone in my team is promoted , and several got a ton of levels to grow (Lvl 19 Sue/Lvl 20 Geese/Noah). Adding Dougy to my team is very helpful since I won't be able to choke stuff with Treck and Noah forever.

Tried to do some arena with Sophia and the poor thing definitely tried , but even with doubled HP I had to bail her out multiple times. Once she reached lvl 13 and I took a look at the 20 nomads in the next map , I decided it was time to promote her. I'll slap 3 nosferatu tomes on her and call it day lol

299601876_Capturedcran_20230115_143142.png.865f53bd142e3813a0812d4edd67d1eb.png

Now I'm doing my chapter 18 attempts , I'm having more fun with this chapter than anticipated since it's a map that heavily encourage splitting your army into different groups. For now I'm sending Sue and Geese in the river to the south to distract ennemies and potentially bonk some of the troopers with Geese. Sending Fa , Noah , Treck and Dougy to the boss since they usually shrug off all the low damage of the short bows and can usually retaliate with javelins/hand axes. Sent Fir and Bartre to the right so they can press the funny "delete ennemy" button on the Wyvern Knight and Nomad Trooper. The rest of my team is in the back and pick off the few ennemies that manages to go through.
Finally , I'm making strong use of Roy's shop visiting utility by getting more 1/2 range weaponry and some killer weapons.

How’d you make out with ch 10B? Tried that once once and suffice to say it didnt go too good. Lol

Did 11A last night. I think that’s the easier of the two and even thats a major pain in the begonias to get everything done

Read a ways back somebody has a little hate for Clarine. IMHO she’s a right tough customer once you get her promoted and usin attack spells 😎