• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

aughfbfvsuygauydubdf I've avoided all spoilers 'til now, I can keep avoiding spoilers... I can keep avoiding spoilers...

I'll let you know what I think when I crack in five minutes

Avoid spoilers if you wish. I'm happy in Spoilerland. My happiness has only exponentially increased since I began eating up spoilers.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Avoid spoilers if you wish. I'm happy in Spoilerland. My happiness has only exponentially increased since I began eating up spoilers.

Ruben is trying to enable my spoiler-engaging behaviours...

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

I find it weird how my son swears and I don't.

Maybe Sooks is my Dad after all

Join me, Benice. Start swearing like you know you want to.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Does the gameplay keep hloding up from what you saw`?

How's Luna?

I don't want to spoil myself on everything, so I've not been looking at the gameplay spoilers that much (read, I've only been looking for the recruitments of those two characters), but from what I've seen, general impressions and the surface look of the maps are good.

Not entirely sure about lunatic. Seems fine, but I've not gotten enough details. Maybe I'll get more info the next couple of days.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ruben is trying to enable my spoiler-engaging behaviours...

Oh no, I'm just telling you my feelings. And my feelings are currently highly positive, in great part thanks to the information IntSys tried to hide from me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

o11SFrO.png

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't want to spoil myself on everything, so I've not been looking at the gameplay spoilers that much (read, I've only been looking for the recruitments of those two characters), but from what I've seen, general impressions and the surface look of the maps are good.

Naicu

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My grandkid has been naughty i see

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Rubenio’s superego arguing with his id:

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@Lightchao42 I didn't notice your pfp changed to McFireBro! 

I approve. 👍

Thank you.

f9n4sms.jpg

Though if I wanted to pick someone I found relatable, it would've been Duvalie.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Gacha moment.

IS when they get to the Brodia banner and they have to add both Diamant and Alcryst

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways this will be the one game i probably won't S-Support in. See, cause i'm playing as female Alear because Malware is like the one design i legitimately kinda don't like. But i'm straight as fuck so marrying a dude while playing as a girl isn't really for me and neither is marrying a girl as a girl.

Alear will be president of the eternal bachelorette club. Though if I choose F!Alear, maybe I'll find a female option I like.

Oh and apparently the entire script of the game has just been dropped now.

Me, I won't look at it. I want there to be game left for me to discover, and at this point I am satisfied. Probably will continue to click on things, I don't have enough restraint, but the chance that this will become one of my new favorite FEs is looking increasingly high.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

o11SFrO.png

Me to Fire Emblem.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Rubenio’s superego arguing with his id:

Yeah, whatever.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

IS when they get to the Brodia banner and they have to add both Diamant and Alcryst

I don't care, give me best character instead.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh and apparently the entire script of the game has just been dropped now.

Look at me being right. Er, partially.

I don't care, give me best character instead.

The Solm banner will almost certainly have Timerra, yeah.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But can it beat Berwick

Ahah... Ah, dear... I mean, can it beat Sparks of Hope? Can it beat Covenant of the Plume? Can it beat Banner Saga? Can it beat Vandal Hearts 2?

There is only one way to find out.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Solm banner will almost certainly have Timerra, yeah.

Sooks.

I am currently high on Happium. I am currently very dangerous.

Do not engage me in combat.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There is only one way to find out.

I just hope my game arrives on time, because i have been seeing alot of limited edition delays....

I even took friday half off by working extra hard the last week, so i hope it's not for nothing lmao

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Looks Fake right?

....But so did Toothpaste-chan at the start and look where we are xD

Spoiler

That list doesn't look fake at all, its exactly in line with the rest of the Emblems.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't make a formal New Year's resolution, but I've successfully done 30 mins (130-200 cals per session) on the treadmill every single day so far this year. 16 days in a row, half a month. Now to celebrate like a Ma-non with leftover pizza later!🍕 I'm not seriously trying to lose weight, I realize I'd need to do more for that. Merely routinizing exercise, keeping my legs moving, and hopefully maintain my current bulk even if shedding it isn't on the menu, that's all I'm looking to do.

Just getting in the habit of exercising is a huge step. Congratulations, and hopefully you stick with it!

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

13 hours ago, Green06 said:

. I was playing Unbound after Shrimpy finished and recommended it, but I'm not done yet (I'm willing to start over if everyone agrees) and Sacred Gold is Gen 4 😬 and I don't think it even has a fairy type.

Yeah, with Fairy officially in the TeeHee league, Sacred Gold probably wouldn't be the best pick. Actually, I did a short bit of a test run with Monotype dragon of Unbound, and for that typing in particular, it is going to suck. I have exactly one pokemon available until after the first Gym (the Gible starter), and that is it. In fact I needed a small rules nudge because of it, as the first Gym is a double battle, which I can't actually start without a second Pokemon...

Coming back to this idea with a bit more theory work than is necessary, I did look at the encounters available before the first Gym, and a brief look at those available before the second gym to get a hint towards how interesting it might be.

Spoiler

Dragon
Gible [Starter]

This is a tough start. especially since I can't use multiple Gible even if I wanted to. At least I get access to two more species before Gym 2, but one is Zygard 10%, which isn't repeatable, and identical typing to Gible, and the other is Noibat, which is a bit annoying to get at this time. From my tests, it is impossible to get past Gym 1 without disabling the level cap, as you need the stats of a Gabite to get past the double battle gym battle with a fairy move, and it is impossible to start Gym Battle without a second proxy Pokemon as well.

Bug
~Skorupi(RNG) [Bellin Town];Dewpider(Day);Surskit(Night)[Route 3]; Combee; Cutiefly [Flower Paradise]

Given that Skorupi loses that bug typing on evolution, I am not sure if it is worth the effort of resetting to get it as the gift pokemon. The Day/Night split for one of the encounters is a bit annoying, but a fairly manageable monotype, and while there isn't a gold mine of encounters coming soon, you get a few good bugs coming up before.

Dark
~Larvitar [starter]; ~Skorupi(RNG)/Stunky(RNG) [Bellin Town]; Scraggy; Inkay; Poochyena (SWARM) [Route 2]

This one will be significantly impacted by how you handle pokemon that gain a dark typing on evolution, also one where you want to reset to ensure you get a usable dark type in Bellin Town, as I think it will make the difference, and the look towards the second gym gives a few solid encounters (hopefully you don't have to suffer through the tedium of the Swarm encounter timing for Poochyena...). A lot of little stipulations, but it looks like there are way for this to be a solid start.

Electric
Electrike [Route 2]; (Pom-Pom) Oricorio [Flower Paradise]

One of the harder runs, possibly even harder than the Dragon one in the early game, as this is it for encounter lines until after Gym 2, and you just add 3 more to that list for Gym 3, and one of those is a trade. You might need to get a fair number of repeat mons to get through the early game.

Fairy
Mawile [Icicle Cave]; Azurill [Route 2];Flabebe; Cutiefly; Comfey [Flower Paradise]

The Fairy heavy Flower Paradise makes this a solid looking run, especially with Stone evolutions unlocking before second Gym, and a potent Clefairy (soon to be Clefable) added to the roster on top of the potential Florges...

Flying
Minior; Delibird [Route 1]; Zubat [Icicle Cave]Pikipek(Day); Hoothoot(Night)[Route 2]; Ducklet (TRADE Alolan Sanshrew) [Dresco Town]; Wingull [Route 3]; (ALL) Oricorio; Combee [Flower Paradise]

Not surprising considering how common the type is, but this looks like a solid run. It is interesting that it starts with the oddballs of Minior, and the Ducklet Trade is better than it might sound.

Ghost
Sandygast (Only on Mondays & tuesdays) [Route 3]; (Sensu) Oricorio [Flower Paradise]

This is another tough one, and the time gated encounter of Sandygast is annoying to deal with, but if you can power your way through Gym one, the next location gets you a full teams worth of new Ghost types.

Grass
Cherubi (Day) [Route 3]; Pansage [Flower Paradise]

A surprisingly tough looking run, considering how common the type normally is, but if you can get your way through that first Gym, you get a more manageable selection of grass types before the second Gym.

Ice
Snorunt; Vanillite; Delibird [Route 1];Spheal; Smoochum; Bergmite; Swinub; (Alolan)Sandshrew [Icicle Cave]

The creator must love Ice types, as you get this massively supply of troops so early, and there is another glut of ice encounters before the third gym, which makes this look like one of the funner monotype runs.

Normal
Glameow (RNG) [Bellin Town]; Minccino; Patrat(Day); Rattata(Night); ~Azurill; Pikipek; Stufful; Litleo (Gift Defeat All Trainers) [Route 2]; Bidoof; Sentret (SWARM) [Route 3];

In a surprise to no one, you get a good supply of Normal types to work with, although what is surprising is how many multitype Normal pokemon are available so early, which makes it look like a fun run to do.

Psychic
Beldum [Starter]; Smoochum [Icicle Cave]; Inkay [Route 2]; Slowpoke [Route 3] (Pa'u) Oricorio [Flower Paradise]

Looks like a solid start, and you are still getting a handful of encounter before Gym 2 as well. Its also interesting how its all mixed Psychic types.

Steel
Beldum [Starter]; Mawile; (Alolan) Sandshrew; ~Drilbur [Icicle Cave]; ~Riolu [Route 2]

For how rare this type tends to be this is a stellar start, although it does depending a bit on how you deal with Pokemon that gain Steel type on evolution, and you might have to deal with the annoyance of friendship grinding for Lucatio early.

Water
Spheal [Icicle Cave]; ~Azurill [Route2]; Ducklet (Trade Alolan Sandshrew) [Dresco Town]; Wingull; ~Bidoof; Slowpoke; Shellos; Poliwag; Buizel; Dewpider (Day); Surskit (Night) [Route 3]; Panpour [Flower Paradise]

A great start, a bit surprising given the context of traditional Pokemon games, which usually gates off Water type encounters for rod and surf encounters. Looks like a solid run.

Extra credit - not going to add comments on for now, as no one has considered the type.
Fighting
Makuhita [Icicle Cave]; Stufful; Scraggy; Riolu [Route 2]; ~Poliwag [Route 3];

Fire
Litleo (Gift defeat all Trainers) [Route 2]; Pansear; (Baile) Oricorio [Flower Paradice];

Ground
Gible/~Larvitar [Starter]; Swinub; Drilbur [Icicle Cave]; Sandygast (Only on Mondays & Tuesdays); ~Shellos [Route 3]

Poison
Skorupi (RNG) [Bellin Town]; Zubat [Icicle Cave]

Rock
Larvitar [Starter]; Minior [Route 1]; Roggenrola [Icicle Cave]

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We'll see. I've definitely been wanting to say "feck" quite a lot lately, but that may be due to the high density of RT and Kevin's content I've been consuming lately.

Trust me, I'll be swearing for real when I get my University applications back.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, I'm just telling you my feelings. And my feelings are currently highly positive, in great part thanks to the information IntSys tried to hide from me.

Valid.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I just hope my game arrives on time, because i have been seeing alot of limited edition delays....

I even took friday half off by working extra hard the last week, so i hope it's not for nothing lmao

Oh dear. Good luck with that.

As for me, I'll just do the classic. Carrefour Gaming, and should that fail me (only ever has with Sparks of Hope but hey), I swing by Game and grab it there instead.