• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Finished Chapter 19 Sacae route. Besides my first attempt when my Roy got ambushed by the wyverns on the bottom right , and I forgot that he had a steel blade equiped don't ask me where he found it , the chapter wasn't all that bad.

I strongly considered throwing all my army at the front door in a neat turtle formation like Ceasar's troops would do in Astérix , but I am sadly a coward and decided to split my group in two and take profit of the two cracks that were only protected by the intern unpromoted mages they recruited last week.

ob_635126640050d3f96ecd7209a699d651_roma(pictured : my army if I attempted the former strategy)

My Sue has reached the point where she one round every nomads , and even double all Nomad Troopers , so I left her take care of most the reenforcements alongside one of the wyvern groups. She leads the way on the left side alongside Noah , Wolt , Lugh , Cecilia and Dougy. I pick off the mage through the wall with Wolt , and I then put Dougy on the broken wall to choke it and watch every ennemy have a fantastic 0 might on him while he chuck javelins for 5 turns. I then realize that Noah is almost as chonky as him due to the dracoshield I gave him , and he assists him in this task.

Meanwhile , on the right side I try my hardest to set up kills for Zeiss with my Zealot , but he decides to be a show off and get two 70%/27% crit in a row to one round the few wyvern knights he fought. Since Geese is a real man , he handles all the wyvern knights on the right on his own alongside the reenforcements , this way the rest of my squad can proceed safely ; Roy , Sophia , Saul , Bartre , Fir , Treck , Zeiss and Zealot. They then break the wall and take a more offensive strategy , especially since I realized that all physical ennemy units here have low strength , so Treck could only feel slight tickling from the swordmasters. I also would like to congratulate Roy for finishing of a nomad at 4 HPs for an exact kill , but sadly his level up still didn't give him strength. I manage to visit all the houses , and of course , all stat boosters will go toward Wolt because god know he's gonna need it if he wants to take on Zephiel.

Now , Iv'e heard horror stories about Kel. Impossible to hit boss with crit on everyone , 1/2 range weaponry , and a position that only allows 2 units to attack him without a longbow. I am aware that I'm playing on Normal mode , but I couldn't help but lose it when my Fir just one rounded him with a killing edge and Bartre support. I was right to believe in Fir's 20% strength growth because she is without any cynicism , the strongest character in my army. 

2099816139_Capturedcran_20230117_012301.png.256d4d8392169e482b743a4c1fa9fe2b.png

I'm really looking forward to getting Niime and Dayam , because having to fit the holes in my army with Zealot feels a bit sad. I'm also sadly getting a bit tired of the music (especially the combat themes) so I started to replace the background music with my personnal playlist. Used this one as I was tackling the city , it felt pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstxwjJW2dQ

27 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

What I can't expect is everyone else be ironclad in keeping to it for the next 4 days at least, never mind beyond.

If you mean this thread specifically, well those of the Xeno haven't ruined XC3 for me yet. And it has been months. -But then the amount of Engage chatter will be greater than that.

27 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I need to not say regret, but it's true.

I'm pretty sure I also regret not using everything more. College can be a wonderful all-inclusive resort.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sagi and Milly would be more likely, since Nintendo has direct rights to Origins.

You know I'd take that.😄

Kalas and Xelha do stay off the ground when they're attacking though. They feel a bit more aerial than Sagi and Milly.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Be like me: don't think of them as avatars or self inserts, but as their own character.

I usually do. -Although I suppose there are inevitable moments when I slip into them. Moments of guilt and moments of "ugh!" come to mind.

That's what i do with any suppossed "Self insert" anyway. Even Silent ones i build a character of them with how people interact with them (which usually turns out to be quite accurate by  lore and side material)

There's always an element of role playing yes (even non avatar ones tbh), but rather than the character being me, i try to view the game from the view point of the character (i built in my head in case of "silent" ones).

Can't say I do this. Interesting, your greater use of imagination.😀

MCV - Mobile construction Vehicle, builds and repairs building in Command and Conquer.

...yeah RTS, but still strategy, so...

You could've stayed within IS.:

APC.gif

The old fuel & ammo replenishing, infantry transporting APC of Advance Wars. The replacement Rigs/Mobile Workshops of Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict also got the ability to construct Temporary Airports & Ports.

AW1's AI was programmed with an irrational APC obsession. Put one in their range and they will assail it.

1 minute ago, Loliko said:

ob_635126640050d3f96ecd7209a699d651_roma(pictured : my army if I attempted the former strategy)

Maybe it's for the best. Sacae has druids too, so one would've whipped out some magic potion eventually.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Did western version censor stuff or smth?

Spoiler

Apparently, yes. Romance is downplayed in localization compared to the Japanese script. There's still some present, but in comparison it's certainly less.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Moments of guilt

Why guilt?

Can't say I do this. Interesting, your greater use of imagination.😀

Thx xD

Although, it's more the limits of the imagination because i can't imagine those avatars being me at all xD

The character that came kinda close was Claude, because not only do i agree with hime ideologically, but as someone who traveled around with Parents while young i relate to him waaay too much.

But it's more "relate to" then "i am him"xD

The old fuel & ammo replenishing, infantry transporting APC of Advance Wars. The replacement Rigs/Mobile Workshops of Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict also got the ability to construct Temporary Airports & Ports.

AW1's AI was programmed with an irrational APC obsession. Put one in their range and they will assail it.

Naruhodo

Tbh i wanted to ask around here while making the meme, but that would've ruined the surprise. Kinda xD

Well, i have another meme idea for tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Spoiler

*sigh*

cdc.jpg

Spoiler

Let me guess

Has something to do with the younger characters right

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*sigh*

cdc.jpg

Hide contents

Let me guess

Has something to do with the younger characters right

Spoiler

From what I recall from the Leak Thread... yes.

Also, it seems we're back to Binding Blade, as in, only Alear gets to have paired endings.

Now the real decision comes. Do I pick female Alear, who I think looks better, or the male one, because I always do that, and if full on S-supports are here… Timerra…….

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

AKlOknz.jpg

FQp6JV7.jpg

Gouto the ladies man

Proving why he wins Iori in the end.

Personally, I'm just glad that "your alpaca hero is here-o" is an actual line in an actual Fire Emblem game.

PEAK

FICTION

The next Teehee arc is about Sooks investigating the identity of his long-lost mother. I'm putting my money on Josette, personally.

But I’m not a bad unit…

right?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Also, it seems we're back to Binding Blade, as in, only Alear gets to have paired endings.

NO LONGER

PEAK

FICTION

Spoiler

I mean I guess it’s fine as long as the support conversations are still interesting, but no paired endings is going to make me a lot less motivated to get supports outside of convos I’m really interested in.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe it's for the best. Sacae has druids too, so one would've whipped out some magic potion eventually.

Douglas watching the lone druid going straight for him after he drank the weird looking vulnerary

2031010869_Capturedcran_20230117_021357.png.d538d00279f453be9743091a3bed7f64.png

I just realized make Alear and female Alear have which sides of their hair that are red and blue swapped

what the fuck

has my whole life… been a lie?

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Smh

Did the Fates localizers localize this or something.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

2nd spoiler line

RIP

That's like, the first big "Why game??????" For me lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

s3kTcIo.png

I love the grunts in this game

nlZpdBY.png

*Insert something about how old this game is and how quirky I am for playing it in 2023*

yunaFt1.png

Good stats? Viable moves? Screw that! I only capture and use Pokemon I think are conceptually interesting and look cool!

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sigh...yeah that is why I don't talk as much about little Bernie, despite her being one of my Three Houses Favs.

She deserved better.

7 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

yunaFt1.png

Good stats? Viable moves? Screw that! I only capture and use Pokemon I think are conceptually interesting and look cool!

That is the real way to play. As the classic and beloved quote from the Johto Elite Four's Karen goes "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

DNSG4OISBBXlb8ETIRE9-THgM5T1G61pYi6M9FaK

Note: i don't agree with this 😛

Damn, got sniped by the classic GSC version of it.

Edit: Literally twice...I really am slow at this whole forum thing it seems

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

22 minutes ago, Loliko said:

My Sue has reached the point where she one round every nomads , and even double all Nomad Troopers , so I left her take care of most the reenforcements alongside one of the wyvern groups. She leads the way on the left side alongside Noah , Wolt , Lugh , Cecilia and Dougy. I pick off the mage through the wall with Wolt , and I then put Dougy on the broken wall to choke it and watch every ennemy have a fantastic 0 might on him while he chuck javelins for 5 turns. I then realize that Noah is almost as chonky as him due to the dracoshield I gave him , and he assists him in this task.

Now , Iv'e heard horror stories about Kel. Impossible to hit boss with crit on everyone , 1/2 range weaponry , and a position that only allows 2 units to attack him without a longbow. I am aware that I'm playing on Normal mode , but I couldn't help but lose it when my Fir just one rounded him with a killing edge and Bartre support. I was right to believe in Fir's 20% strength growth because she is without any cynicism , the strongest character in my army. 

2099816139_Capturedcran_20230117_012301.png.256d4d8392169e482b743a4c1fa9fe2b.png

I'm really looking forward to getting Niime and Dayam , because having to fit the holes in my army with Zealot feels a bit sad. I'm also sadly getting a bit tired of the music (especially the combat themes) so I started to replace the background music with my personnal playlist. Used this one as I was tackling the city , it felt pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstxwjJW2dQ

Douglas does the job here, have to give that.

Hearing that Fir did such a good job is nice to hear, but yeah, Kel gets a big boost in HM, with the +3 Spd ensuring he can't be doubled.

I get feeling that way about BinB music, doesn't help that the track for these levels feels ill fitting for Sacae imo though I do like that one fine enough.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just realized make Alear and female Alear have which sides of their hair that are red and blue swapped

what the fuck

has my whole life… been a lie?

It's been an essential part of my pfp screwery.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

s3kTcIo.png

I love the grunts in this game

PLASBAD

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116200701.jpg?wid

That's unfortunate

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116200731.jpg?wid

Yeah that's a thing in this game. If the bones are intact, people can just come back to life (though they do say it's only possible if their time hasn't come yet).

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116200924.jpg?wid

@Saint Rubenio this is a you character.

Literally Gandalf.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116201012.jpg?wid

TIKI?!

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116201344.jpg?wid

Tiki, i don't think that's good for your health.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116201716.jpg?wid

Vanillaware goodness.

Anyways this game does run into the beat-em-up problem in that the depth perception is kinda fucked.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116202805.jpg?wid

Bro's seen better days.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*sigh*

cdc.jpg

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

From what i gather, the romance is somewhat explicit even for like Anna and shit. So i imagine NoA didn't want a repeat of Fates where you could marry literal children.

23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

NO LONGER

PEAK

FICTION

Reveal hidden contents

20 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah like this one

https://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/large/rayquaza-mega.jpg

SF FOR FUCKS SAKE, EMBED HOLY SHIT!

30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

NO LONGER

PEAK

FICTION

Reveal hidden contents
27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

RIP

That's like, the first big "Why game??????" For me lol

Spoiler

SF is being crine rn but let's just say that there's something neat that makes up for the lack of paired endings.

So i'm actually not that upset lol.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reveal hidden contents

SF is being crine rn but let's just say that there's something neat that makes up for the lack of paired endings.

Well I’m intrigued but will resist the urge to dig deeper.

Just be Friday already…

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

So i imagine NoA didn't want a repeat of Fates where you could marry literal children.

Then one can pla with jp voices and do that anyway 😛

Spoiler

Although Anna being S-supportable is cringe, dunno if promising to wait making Alear a groomer is that much better kek

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Hmm ok

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why guilt?

Well in that case, I generally meant moments of player moral guilt from important decisions.

-Although not all of these are the same for me. I have no qualms about brainwashing all of humanity into a hive mind that embraces selfless cooperation and devotion to the Lord (I promise you won't feel a thing).😇 

Yet, ya know how Ruben has been threatening to "plume" people in the past few months? Wylfred isn't an avatar what-so-ever, however...

Screen-Shot-2023-01-16-at-8-25-46-PM.png

I never enjoyed doing this. Fun to joke about, but damn I had issues pulling the trigger. And even that personality-free army in Shadow Dragon I could hardly stomach sending to the slaughter for the optional chapters.

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The character that came kinda close was Claude, because not only do i agree with hime ideologically, but as someone who traveled around with Parents while young i relate to him waaay too much.

But it's more "relate to" then "i am him"xD

I can't think of an FE lord I relate to, avatar or not. There are other characters whom I find in some measure relatable in FE -just not any of the lords.😆 (Even outside of FE, relatable main characters... maybe Luke fon Fabre from Tales of Abyss, his latter 2/3rds of the game personality specifically.)

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116200731.jpg?wid

I like this, because it looks like such riff on Renaissance-era artwork. Not a comical parody or facsimile, but it hews closely whilst being its own modern art style. The Latin- hour, water of life, heart, spirit, dead; is an excellent era-appropriate flourish.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116201344.jpg?wid

Tiki, i don't think that's good for your health.

Has the look of a fairy all too willing to give up on this world. I'm guessing it's whipped cream b/c cherry, but I think it's darkly funnier if it's champagne.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230116202805.jpg?wid

Bro's seen better days.

Doggy! And one subduedly in the top picture too. Best Vanillaware game ever.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well in that case, I generally meant moments of player moral guilt from important decisions.

Ah i kinda understand.

Although for me it would be less "guilt" and more a bad feeling. Dunno how to describe it differently xD

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never enjoyed doing this. Fun to joke about, but damn I had issues pulling the trigger.

Can 100% understand

When it comes to finding relatability with FE characters... I'd say it's not among the Lords/Protagonists who I find relatable.

Still, I don't peruse fiction to find it relatable... quite the opposite, in fact. Otherwise I'd just focus more on reality than fiction.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like this, because it looks like such riff on Renaissance-era artwork.

It really fits too. It's not really an established narrative like Vanillaware's other games so they went with something more standard, yet still adding the Vanillaware touch.