Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Like i am not really mad since i don't care about romance in FE, but i am with @Green06 here. It's not a localizers job to change stuff in the work they don't agree with or for some other reason.

Especially when playing with JP audio like Joe pointed out is gonna make the difference very noticeable. Some people even point out how some characterizations are changed/wasted (just while writing this post saw someone talk about JP vs. EN Fogado, go figure). That's more than just dumb if you ask me. 

I do realise localizations need some changes to make the product less confusing for their audiecne, or to make it sound better, but if they change the product to be something different that it affects the writing for any reason at all, especially when it removes/downplay stuff, then that's fanfiction'ing at best, and censorship at worst. 

That's all well and good but now tell me, did this affect the only important character in any manner, shape or form?

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

we are only human after all

To be fair, I know my FE preferences a lot better now than back when 3H came out.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

With how much work your Wolt has been doing, I am surprised, and gladdened that you still had the longbow shots to deal with that. Side note did you see the amazing Wolt solo run someone made a thread about?

Yeah I made sure to make all these longbow shots count ! That and I got another one from Sacae , so Sue can snipe all these lovely enclosed bolting sages that FE6 just loves.

And I'll be sure to check it out , I would probably learn a lot from that LOL

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>The game will be sent to you shortly

G A M E S T O P

P L E A S E

D O

N O T

D O

T H I S

T O

M E

Shortly can mean a lot of things. Take it from someone who works at the Temple of Bureaucracy.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, for starters, it does have she who shall only be referred to as M.

No Xenoblade jokes. I will be very cross.

Did you know that Xenoblade X is pronounced "Xenoblade Cross" in Japan? Hahahahahaha.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

didn't receive shipping confirmation yet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gamestop don't do this to me.

GameStop getting ready to tell you your order's been delayed

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Some people even point out how some characterizations are changed/wasted (just while writing this post saw someone talk about JP vs. EN Fogado, go figure). That's more than just dumb if you ask me. 

Jury's out on that because I read that post too but it's mainly in regards to the S-Supports? As far as I can tell, the main Supports more or less have the same meaning as in JP which is just normal localization.

I don't deny that some things get lost in translation or are made less explicit (Xenoblade 2 for instance, the Titans being named after the Seven Deadly Sins is way more direct, Aegis is referred to as the Holy Grail, etc) but unless it's like a.....no I'm not gonna say Gunvolt because I've repeated myself, how about, the early Americanized Godzilla movies, the changes won't really bother me.

Idk. It's never really bothered me outside of drastic changes. 

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Idk. It's never really bothered me outside of drastic changes. 

Here's another one that's not drastic, but still falls under loc changes and why it shouldn't be done

In Trails in the Sky English, it was said that Schera comes from across the sea or south of Liberl (or something like these lines)

Guess how many games it took until the wider english fanbse took notice that's complete bs, and that it directly conflicts with the lore.

Not drastic, but complete bs, and shouldn't have been there, and that's despite me super loving Trails loc.

That shouldn't be the job of the loc to change the meaning, or anything really. Even if it's offensive or bad or immoral or degenerate or whatever.

GameStop getting ready to tell you your order's been delayed

Yamete

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Guys I think Alear might be peak.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here's another one that's not drastic, but still falls under loc changes and why it shouldn't be done

In Trails in the Sky English, it was said that Schera comes from across the sea or south of Liberl (or something like these lines)

Correct me if I'm wrong but Schera's origin wasn't touched upon until Sky 3rd, wasn't it?

I mean it might've come up with during the Luciola but in SC but if we didn't get a concrete thing until 3rd, a game that XSeed didn't localize until like a decade later, I can't blame them for missing something.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yamete

I'd prepare. I remember when I pre-ordered the Fates' special edition. Despite pre-ordering it, GameStop ran out of copies and I didn't want to wait two weeks (two weeks is an eternity for a 16 year old in school) for a new shipment to arrive so I said fuck it and just bought Conquest. I still got the keychains tho.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, for starters, it does have she who shall only be referred to as M.

No Xenoblade jokes. I will be very cross.

I'm surprised you even know that Xenoblade has a character named M.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's not a translation error, that's just Renne not knowing her Zemurian geography.

Counterargument: English Estelle threatens to bonk people with her big stick which is funny. It's not an entirely incomprehensible mistake to make, since Liberl is on the southern end of Zemuria and there's no land south of it.

I suppose the localization also gets credit for editing Sky the 3rd's script to account for something revealed in Kuro...

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe Alear was best girl all along. You can tell from her voice just how excited she is to tell someone about her strange bedhead.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guys I think Alear might be peak

10/10 would waifu

(two weeks is an eternity for a 16 year old in school)

eternity for me as well

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's not an entirely incomprehensible mistake to make, since Liberl is on the southern end of Zemuria and there's no land south of it.

it is when it was an addition by the loc for no reason.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Counterargument: English Estelle threatens to bonk people with her big stick which is funny

I actually saw somebody on Twitter complain about this! Today!

"I'm only playing it because I'm so deep in it but if I had known XSeed and NISA were making changes, I would've have never gotten into the series" and posted a pic of Estelle's funny English dialogue from Sky (an XSeed project).

Statistically there's always one.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

when it was an addition by the loc for no reason

I mean for all we know they could've just messed up there. I think there's a degree of separation between translation error and new addition.

It's like a minor inconsistency that get rectified anyways.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm surprised you even know that Xenoblade has a character named M.

I wouldn't, but y'all love to talk about it

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I might've agreed like, a week ago. But now we know Etie has real abs, and also that you-know-who exists, so she faces stern competition.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I swore I would never buy another FE at launch date after Houses.

The flesh is weak.

weakness.jpg

after actually playing it... papa vander actually looks weird. big beard with sparkly eyes and thick eyelashes makes a horrifying strange combination

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But now we know Etie has real abs

hmm.. abs?! i havent reach that point where i can see it, but im now curious. not surprising tho since her character keep talking about muscle, even in battle.

what is this feature even. (again dunno if someone already cover this feature, spoiler just in case)

Spoiler

waitw.jpg.543e90cdae183cda69a543847ea1fc62.jpg

i got goosebump when this appear, i legit thought to myself: "we got Fire Emblem ASMR as feature now?!"

Engage is peak dating sims for FE now. like.. come on, why is everybody take turn coming into our room when we're sleeping.. thats rude you know, wheres my privacy.

Just now, joevar said:

hmm.. abs?! i havent reach that point where i can see it, but im now curious.

Nah it doesn't show on her model but her Heroes and S-Support artwork shows it.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah it doesn't show on her model 

now thats a minus point actually, god dang it nintendo

... or maybe not, i think i might become even more distracted if its visible all the time. i already struggle focusing on the text because the camera likes to pan out to certain part/angle when lumerra talking.

i forgive you this time nintendo

"So in past Fire Emblem games, when we couldn’t finish the artwork in 3D with the level of richness that we hoped for, we displayed 2D illustrations to supplement that. Since this is the second mainline Fire Emblem title released on Nintendo Switch, we wanted to challenge ourselves to only use 3D models."

So that's why then.

"The previous title, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, was a war chronicle, so there was the flashy appeal of leading a large number of troops as "battalions" but because of that, we weren't really able to pursue the flashy dramatic effects in 3D. If the movement is limited to one character, it made it look like others in a battalion were not following. So we didn't have much choice but to tone down the actions.
But this time, we could plan out the battle scenes on an individual basis, so we asked Intelligent Systems to make the actions as flashy as possible, like adding a dash motion effect when soldiers attack or allowing to shoot an arrow from a fort and so on."

Oh my God, the Battalions were to blame lmao.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh my God, the Battalions were to blame lmao.

if you think about it again, the battle maps also were unrealistically spacious (when zoomed in) to accomodate battalion too, the scaling just feels weird sometimes. so its really a good decision to get rid of it this time. maybe for next Nintendo console they could try it again. 

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"So in past Fire Emblem games, when we couldn’t finish the artwork in 3D with the level of richness that we hoped for, we displayed 2D illustrations to supplement that. Since this is the second mainline Fire Emblem title released on Nintendo Switch, we wanted to challenge ourselves to only use 3D models."

one can only dream FE series will someday reach the level of 3D models like in Tales of Arise where it surpassed its own 2D illustrations