Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

BTW @Acacia Sgt, I can’t believe this didn’t dawn on me sooner. But regarding Compact 2/Impact …how did anyone fall in love with Best Duo?🧐 Earth Crisis and Cosmoquake only give you one each of them to play with, and by the time Galaxy Showdown happens -well one of them takes some time to join. They’re great on their own, don’t get me wrong, but without all those wonderful initial interactions between the two of them that happen in the OGverse, I just don’t get it.😐 How did they have any chemistry between each other even, other than that one bit of backstory? -I doubt Compact 2/Impact is getting translated any day soon b/c length, so I don't mind asking you.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's 4 am Ü

Can't sleep?

Bonding time? 

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Units commenting on being on the bench xD

-Oh wait, Engage. My mistake.😜 I wouldn't have the vigor for 4AM gaming nowadays. 

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

convinced me that horror elements in a non-horror thing are more effective than straight-up horror.

Some Kirby fans would agree with you. -Although I feel like they overstate the bloody bits. Kirby ain't dark.

45 minutes ago, joevar said:

i recognize that artstyle and gameplay. is that one franchise that at least has 3 installment? arc-something? hmm if i recall thats from the same studio that make stella glow right?

Luminous Arc. When ImageEpoch lost the Luminous Arc IP, they made Stella Glow as a veeeeeery close replacement.

Those images are from Luminous Arc 2. Bring Roland to a battle, bring a witch, and by virtue of partaking of her Unity Ring, Roland can Engage and gain some temporary buffs. Waaaaaaaaaaay simpler and weaker than FE's new mechanic of the same name.

SRPG is more of gameplay than story. after all anyone who play SRW will know, that series story full of nonsense to the point of "shit happen, but dont ask how, it just happen, period." 😅

Hey now! SRW tries its hardest to make coherence out of disparate franchises and characters. It's not always stupid, far from it, some of the little interactions between people from different licenses are really good. Even something as simple as Victory Gundam's Uso and GunxSword's Van eating together, Uso convinced they're kinda similar, can have a certain subtle sublimity to it.

And even when SRW is stupid, if you have a problem with that, well you can kiss my shining finger!😝

about FFT, not implying it has bad story ofc. just that it plays exactly like a fire emblem but also doesnt spark as much story discussion as its mainline FF, afaik... maybe

Now there I disagree. I could had no problems with Old Mystery of the Emblem, I never got past the first part of FFT. The gameplay is just so much slower and tedious than FE, because it's so much different, IMO. -Although it doesn't seem like Final Fantasy Tactics story is all that it claims to be, looks like it tried to be "political", yet ended falling to Final Fantasy obsession with Summons/Eidolons and or Crystals. -Or at least that's how it seemed to me. -I did have good fun with FFTA and FFTA2 as a child however, they were nice games, though still appreciably slower than FE and SRW.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

56 minutes ago, joevar said:

nice. do you reclass/promote him

Not yet.

56 minutes ago, joevar said:

or is that a map you grind for jean specifically

Yeah, I think MVP is based off of kills because he wasn’t that good but I gave him quite a few kills. And after I forged him a weapon and now he’s fairly competent, if a little squishy. But he keeps getting super good levels every other level up so I’m hoping he’ll get even better…

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BTW @Acacia Sgt, I can’t believe this didn’t dawn on me sooner. But regarding Compact 2/Impact …how did anyone fall in love with Best Duo?🧐 Earth Crisis and Cosmoquake only give you one each of them to play with, and by the time Galaxy Showdown happens -well one of them takes some time to join. They’re great on their own, don’t get me wrong, but without all those wonderful initial interactions between the two of them that happen in the OGverse, I just don’t get it.😐 How did they have any chemistry between each other even, other than that one bit of backstory? -I doubt Compact 2/Impact is getting translated any day soon b/c length, so I don't mind asking you.

If I recall, there are a few scenes between both groups, which allows for Kyosuke and Excellen to chat a bit. Though there aren't that many scenes, and by the end of each part things happen that make it impossible for both groups to communicate, so it doesn't last. Early in the third part they are together, and Excellen doesn't spend Einst-brainwashed for long, so they have the latter half of part 3 to build things up. Impact having more content than Compact 2, naturally.

So yeah, there is enough content. Then naturally, OGverse picks up the slack, but Compact2/Impact, specially the latter, did had enough of a foundation.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey now! SRW tries its hardest to make coherence out of disparate franchises and characters. It's not always stupid, far from it, some of the little interactions between people from different licenses are really good. Even something as simple as Victory Gundam's Uso and GunxSword's Van eating together, Uso convinced they're kinda similar, can have a certain subtle sublimity to it.

And even when SRW is stupid, if you have a problem with that, well you can kiss my shining finger!😝

Indeed. SRW is all about how the various stories and characters weave together into one full tapestry. And with how many combinations of casts each game can do, we'll hardly ran out any time soon. Even to this day SRW still brings new stuff. Like how T and 30 gives us the Amuro-Kouji-Ryouma Veteran SRW Trio. Their interactions are quite on point when they are same-age peers, hahaha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... nonsense...?

Still, something of a bad example since SRW is very story-focused. It's part of its appeal.

its nonsense because i dont understand moonrune...  🏃‍♂️

which means it gets almost zero point for story (because i dont understand what happen at all, regardless of actual narrative quality) most of the time, but i still love playing it. thats my point actually.

but yeah its a bad example.   

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Luminous Arc. When ImageEpoch lost the Luminous Arc IP, they made Stella Glow as a veeeeeery close replacement.

Those images are from Luminous Arc 2. Bring Roland to a battle, bring a witch, and by virtue of partaking of her Unity Ring, Roland can Engage and gain some temporary buffs. Waaaaaaaaaaay simpler and weaker than FE's new mechanic of the same name.

-----------

-----------

Now there I disagree. I could had no problems with Old Mystery of the Emblem, I never got past the first part of FFT. The gameplay is just so much slower and tedious than FE, because it's so much different, IMO. -Although it doesn't seem like Final Fantasy Tactics story is all that it claims to be, looks like it tried to be "political", yet ended falling to Final Fantasy obsession with Summons/Eidolons and or Crystals. -Or at least that's how it seemed to me. -I did have good fun with FFTA and FFTA2 as a child however, they were nice games, though still appreciably slower than FE and SRW.

oh yes luminous arc. played one of it, but forgot which one.

-------------

see, if we take the interaction into part of the equation its way better than it lets on at first. which i believe engage is also true. so if someone dismissing it entirely because the plot easy to predict is a premature assessment

and i dont take it as a problem. just drawing comparison even if its stupid, sometimes you can still have fun and enjoy it.

-------------

i mean the grid based gameplay versus the usual adventure JRPG. not the feature and difficulty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ch.10 engage drama

Spoiler

for maximum drama, i fight king Morion with Alear followed by Diamant, and then Alcryst regardless whether it will finish him for good in one turn or not

but  eh, the game decide to make it like a scripted fight despite not: Diamant kills him once, then alcryst talk about how he should be the one to put their father down.. then he proceed to CRIT. whew

drama achieved.

I'm with Wraith on this one

9 hours ago, ping said:

XacCeNb.jpg

:3

Damn, already there? You're blazing through the game

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I did the Lucina paralogue

Are you challenging your fate?

Or challenging Fates

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

its nonsense because i dont understand moonrune...  🏃‍♂️

which means it gets almost zero point for story (because i dont understand what happen at all, regardless of actual narrative quality) most of the time, but i still love playing it. thats my point actually.

but yeah its a bad example.   

You know there are several now in English, right? Both fan and officially translated.

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

I'm with Wraith on this one

On what exactly, since he went on... a lot of tangents.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Guys

I am starting to believe

To believe this could be the first FE without qny super bad map. Yeah there were a couple ok ones so far, but nothing bad or frustrating 👀

It made a desert map fun lmao

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

Or challenging Fates

Engage definitely doing that xD

Yeah, okay, I just have to accept the fact that all the non maddening peeps will continue to eclipse me in terms or progress.

Have fun, everyone! See you at endgame in 15 years!

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah, okay, I just have to accept the fact that all the non maddening peeps will continue to eclipse me in terms or progress.

First run Maddening is eh since no one knows whats what yet imo.

Sorry to hear that, though!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, I played for hours today but only did like, one main story chapter, two regular paralogues, and a divine paralogue, and a couple skirmishes. Which is a lot, but I didn't exactly progress much. And next I might check those further divine paralogues... which is curious a lot unlocked despite only Wave 1 DLC being available. Eh, might as well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

*compares playtime*

Shrimpy, we are around the same time.

Oh ok so that counts early gor you as well xD

If i have to guess, we are ~25% through the game now

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I've been no-life-ing the game a bit, haha.

Same xD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Reseting or mind going overdrive xD

Chapter 8, I see what you did there game. Such Conquest vibes.

And also, what if you wanted to set up a boss kill for one of your new units but Alear said “7% crit les gooo”

This boss was surprisingly weak though. She could only one round like one unit and I was able to beat her with no Emblem skills (which I had to do because I didn’t know she was gonna do that). Which is a first.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

First run Maddening is eh since no one knows whats what yet imo.

Fun you mean

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorry to hear that, though!

No, it’s cool! I’m having fun!

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Reseting or mind going overdrive xD

Mind going MEGA overdrive. More so than in Conquest (not that this is harder than Conquest, but the solutions to problems are a lot simpler there and I’m used to those mechanics and skills).

I had to reset chapter 3, and there was The Incident™ in chapter 5 where I used 9 divine pulses because I forgot half the map existed. Other than that I’ve been using mostly 1-2 divine pulses per map, sometimes none, and sometimes more.

Yesterday was best daughter's birthday

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On what exactly, since he went on... a lot of tangents.

The part about the story being important too and making the work memorable

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage definitely doing that xD

Meanwhile, this is all what some people can talk about

image.png

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

not that this is harder than Conquest, but the solutions to problems are a lot simpler there and I’m used to those mechanics and skills

Compared to Conquest, i feel Engage is a bit easier yes, but also more tightly designed.

Atleast comparing Hard difficulties. Has been like half a decade since i last played CQ hard, so might also be the FE experience i collected in the years lol

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Other than that I’ve been using mostly 1-2 divine pulses per map, sometimes none, and sometimes more.

I think i used a total of 3 divine pulses so far, 2 because of a missclick and one because i was so used to having Canto on Chloe that when Sigurd was whem someone different, i forgot Chloe doesn't have Canto anymore xD

Otherwise i do a full reset on fatal mistakes.

8 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Meanwhile, this is all what some people can talk about

image.png

Hiya pippiya