• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but i really do not like how Support Gains work here. Why do the compatible units have to be right next to each other like the GBA days?

At least you don't have to keep them together for every end of turn... but yeah, it's still a step down.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but i really do not like how Support Gains work here. Why do the compatible units have to be right next to each other like the GBA days?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah a mage

Totally forgot doubling was a thing for some reason xD

If i have to guess: so you don't get full A-support at midgame ala 3H

About to say that too, i already got some B support even before reaching chapter 10. Thats still way too fast if we want to compare it  with GBA considering i only do skirmish once or twice at max per chapter. Before tempest trial even unlocked which apparently alsk seems to give support gain despite no exp

Its not like support souce is only from fighting. 

TIMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you want meat i can give you some.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If i have to guess: so you don't get full A-support at midgame ala 3H

I would've taken slowing down the gains themselves but still keeping the 1-3 range.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At least you don't have to keep them together for every end of turn... but yeah, it's still a step down.

And that only worked because most maps in the GBA era were seize.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, I've also reached a couple B's.

Then again, I do like, go play a skirmish before each actual chapter, and also did a Divine Paralogue.

Then all is well. Unless someone a completionist and want to unlock all, some support will be maxed halfway in the game at least for main fighter.

Divine paralogue? Is that from DLC?

1 minute ago, joevar said:

Then all is well. Unless someone a completionist and want to unlock all, some support will be maxed halfway in the game at least for main fighter.

Divine paralogue? Is that from DLC?

Yes, the DLC maps are called Divine Paralogues.

Checked out a skirmish. I can confirm two things: Vandad's experience gains are better, and skirmishes are REALLY fucking difficult.

14 minutes ago, ping said:

Id66WcM.jpg

GXgzL9F.jpg

Shale continues to be the best :3

Protag be like "I can change him."

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TIMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you want meat i can give you some.

I think that's the most overtly creepy anybody has ever been in this thread. And that's saying something.

FnF5OVHaAAAxRcZ?format=jpg&name=large

YOOOOOOO GREAT AETHER IS FINALLY CANON

SpiffyCleverFerret-max-1mb.gif

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I think that's the most overtly creepy anybody has ever been in this thread. And that's saying something.

Yeah i do think that's the horniest statement i've ever made on this thread.

Also the village at the bottom right of the map got FE4'd (you can't save it).

I mean idk maybe if you Warp someone and then they Rewarp but then they have to eat a bunch of attacks.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Checked out a skirmish. I can confirm two things: Vandad's experience gains are better, and skirmishes are REALLY fucking difficult.

Rush job from the very first turn without replenishment and boss also moving with many equipping better gear than yours.

Whats interesting is skirmish really gives different kind of challenge despite same map as story

Chapter 9 was pretty easy, all things considered. Took me an hour and a half because Engage moment, but y’know. Glad to have a non-Jeigan axe unit who’s actually useful.

Now on to the supposedly super hard chapters.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have Liberation +5.

I have Liberation +4 + Marth engraving and Alear is one rounding quite a bit of enemies.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah. Like Fates, this game is really tight, which means if I don't use saves, it'll be like Fates, where I just repeat everything over and over until I stop making a mistake 30 minutes in. And then I get burned out. No thanks, I'll have plenty of time to not use saves in maddening, where they don't exist.

It’s okay, you still get 10 divine pulses. Otherwise I wouldn’t even be playing this difficulty, these maps take forever.

57 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I achieved the impossible

Louis died

Forgot to check speeds lmao

This is actually very easy to do.

Step 1: Forget there’s an enemy mage

Step 2: Move Louis into range

Step 3:

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, "Everybody can, and should be allowed an opportunity to, redeem themselves" seems to be Leliana's most fundamental belief, although I'd be a bit surprised if the gets anywhere with that with Shale.

Soooooo I take it early Chapter 6 is probably when KOS-MOS goes on her first canon little no-Shion adventure? Glad to see her presence wasn't immediately necessary whatsoever.

I didn't actually play more than the initial couple scenes of this chapter😅, since the mandatory mini-game moment expectedly got in the way. For some unknown reason, the Start button in both PSP and PS2 emulation for me causes an emulated game to close & pause itself, meaning I can't actually assign Start to Start. I don't think it was always like that for PS2 emulation. That is a problem when a mini-game makes pressing Start mandatory.😑 My 8BitDo controller does have three nonstandard buttons I could use... except emulators don't seem to recognize them, mistaking the 8BitDo for an XB1 controller. I tried getting the emulator to recognize for what it truly is, it failed. I tried assigning Start to the keyboard instead, mixing one keyboard command into a set of otherwise controller, that seems to have somehow caused dysfunction with the cancel button. I thought I could do without L3 or R3, since how many games use those? Except L3 now brings up a mini-onscreen keyboard and I haven't the faintest why. So ultimately, after several complete resets of controller inputs, I assigned R3 as Start, for now. Seems to work. Killed the XS mood for the day though. I'll play something else later today. If I ever find a game that demands all the inputs as PS2 controller has, it won't be fun.

With regards to one of the two scenes I did see, nice to witness Shion's bossiness as a child. Which reminds me, why does Shion have the personality she does? What was Monolith's intent? For the main character of the overarching Xenosaga epic, it's something of an odd choice. Usually when I think of heroines, there are like two popular molds in JRPGs- the strong independent badass; and the soft, delicate maiden who is willing to sacrifice all she has. Shion falls into neither of these categories; she isn't silly & perky either. While she is STEM-intelligent, Shion doesn't have any quirky-cute nerdiness. The way she can be bossy to Allen (her obliviousness to his feelings is both funny and a little rude) and come off as preachy to others could possibly lead to some player antipathy towards her. She isn't Fifi, Idy, Elly, Elmy, Xelly, Melly, Milly, Nia, Aegis, or Lora. Lin might have inherited Shion's weaponry, brains, and companionship with a lead heroine, yet Lin is far more cliche than Shion. I might be inclined to call Shion an "ordinary girl", perhaps more so than even Lora (not in terms of plot circumstances), due to having some personality flaws. I think Shion is fine BTW. Yet I see why KOS-MOS, who -superficially- falls firmly into the sexy warrior goddess category, would be the figurehead of XS.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't actually play more than the initial couple scenes of this chapter😅, since the mandatory mini-game moment expectedly got in the way. For some unknown reason, the Start button in both PSP and PS2 emulation for me causes an emulated game to close & pause itself, meaning I can't actually assign Start to Start. I don't think it was always like that for PS2 emulation. That is a problem when a mini-game makes pressing Start mandatory.😑 My 8BitDo controller does have three nonstandard buttons I could use... except emulators don't seem to recognize them, mistaking the 8BitDo for an XB1 controller. I tried getting the emulator to recognize for what it truly is, it failed. I tried assigning Start to the keyboard instead, mixing one keyboard command into a set of otherwise controller, that seems to have somehow caused dysfunction with the cancel button. I thought I could do without L3 or R3, since how many games use those? Except L3 now brings up a mini-onscreen keyboard and I haven't the faintest why. So ultimately, after several complete resets of controller inputs, I assigned R3 as Start, for now. Seems to work. Killed the XS mood for the day though. I'll play something else later today. If I ever find a game that demands all the inputs as PS2 controller has, it won't be fun.

You are not alone, it took me a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how to actually play the mini-game on emulator.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and come off as preachy to others could possibly lead to some player antipathy towards her.

You aren't wrong, I've seen some people say they don't like Shion because they don't think she's likable. Plus a moment towards the end of the game but you aren't there yet.

I obviously don't feel this way, I do think she's one of the best characters in the series.