• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Spara said:

I haven't started using him, but him also having a Thoron only in his starting inventory means you don't get an accurate sense of his speed, either.

Damn you, IS!

The speed or his personal's potential, since Thoron is an A rank tome.

Really, absolutely everything about his initial appearance is so misleading. You see him and you think he's a slow-ass staffbot with a really boring design and an awkward recruitment to top it all off.

Then you give him an elfire and he goes "don't you feel foolish?" over and over, until you do.

Seriously the guy also secretly has the coolest crit quote in the game, the delivery of that line is great

10 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I believe in Louis supremacy.

Loool I actually never considered this.

...eh, but I think I'd rather have Astra Arrows one-rounding. Not to mention, squishy 1 HP clones are pretty handy on their own right. Multiple times I've had Etie work as a makeshift summoner to great effect.

Forcing an emblem on my dancer… well, fine, hopefully he’ll help with Lyn’s paralogue.

Me playing chapter 15: “c’mon game, four axe units? This is hardly an escape map, I’ll just turn back around and kill them easily”

instant regret

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Dunno about maddening, but in hard she doesn't only use Astra Storm until ~turn 8, and the bottom yurt bow knight head top fast, so i was able to sneak fliers there and take out the commanders

Maddening doesn’t change that time frame, but I was talking about the hordes and hordes of bow horses on the way who are really hard to kill.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Forcing an emblem on my dancer… well, fine, hopefully he’ll help with Lyn’s paralogue.

Me playing chapter 15: “c’mon game, four axe units? This is hardly an escape map, I’ll just turn back around and kill them easily”

instant regret

Don't you feel foolish?

I waited for the axemen at the exit lol. Killed one then bolted.

Me: i will warp kill ballista and then bait the other with Lyn clones

Ballista: Hey is that a Yunaka

The Kaga experience

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maddening doesn’t change that time frame, but I was talking about the hordes and hordes of bow horses on the way who are really hard to kill.

As Acacia said, kill yurts assp. As for the bow knight they aren't that bad

Wyveen knights much worse

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't you feel foolish?

I waited for the axemen at the exit lol. Killed one then bolted.

Meanwhile me: Hey Celine go eat them from terrain

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No but seriously, I'm starting to think Chapter 18 Guy is a social experiment on IntSys's part. Great bases, seemingly good growths and one of the best personal skills in the game that grants him consistent massive crit. As a magical unit. You give him an elfire with a crit engravement and the guy fucks some serious shit up. I got him to 50-60% consistent rates.

...And it is all accompanied by that design. It's like they were testing if people would actually look past his appearance and take a second glance at how deceptively insane the man is.

For me all it means is I win extra hard

His biggest obstacle is the deployment slots.

Great Aether keeps saving my ass. Ike best emblem, truly.

The chest at the end of the map is a talisman, that was a troll move. Luckily I got it without much trouble.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

As Acacia said, kill yurts assp. As for the bow knight they aren't that bad

Maybe I’m just not high enough level, but the bows knights take way too long to die considering how many there are.

Wyveen knights much worse

Magic bow Fogado disagrees.

Meanwhile me: Hey Celine go eat them from terrain

Too much HP and crit for me.

Leif's paralogue gives me hope they will be able to make Thracia legit hard in the remake xD

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

but the bows knights take way too long to die considering how many there are

Effective weaponry?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too much HP and crit for me.

Doesn't matter if they can't hit her #TeaTime xD

Yeah, I had some divine pulses so I tried it, I couldn’t kill any berserkers without someone dying.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Effective weaponry?

No hit.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Unfortunately, I was too far away from the pillars

25 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Just from his exploration lines I got the feeling that, if there truly was one completely one-note character in this game, it is him.

...but they played it up to such an absurd extreme that it loops back and makes him a fun character. I mean, just look at the friggin' thumbnail.

Might have to use him next run. Let him have a taste of victory.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

His biggest obstacle is the deployment slots.

True. The game doesn't even have the courtesy of giving him a slot. You gotta kick out one of your pretty boys and girls for him.

...I am not delusional. I know he is going to be the least popular character in the game. But then, that has always happened to me with some frequenct. It just means I get to add him and his crits to my shilling list!

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ahhh, dodgetanks. Such a fickle, fickle thing.

...then again, I really cannot judge. I am the one gushing over the crit mage.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, so that’s why everyone likes Corrin!Alear…

Other Emblem synergies: okay ovekill range on the already overkill range thing, also extra points of a stat

Alear and Corrin: debug menu.

Just now, Benice said:

Hiya! What've I missed?

Engage is the greatest Fire Emblem game ever made.

Just now, Benice said:

Also, to those blessed by being able to play Engage, so far, do you think that it'd be a good game to ironman or no?

Surprisingly, given it is a post-Awakening FE?

Yes, absolutely.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, absolutely.

Slay.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage is the greatest Fire Emblem game ever made

Excellent! I'm glad it sounds like you're doing well.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh

Honestly the bow knight were no problem for me, between Yunaka, Clanne and Celine

I was talking about the effective weapons I have, the poleaxe and ridersbane, both of which have no hit. There’s Lucina’s rapier, but three turns…

Anyway I had Yunaka and Celine, but I was dumb with Celine and effectively trapped her in a corner on accident. Yunaka didn’t get too much action before the reinforcements made me give up.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, to those blessed by being able to play Engage, so far, do you think that it'd be a good game to ironman or no?

Not on maddening. The gameplay is too tight and, especially in the early game, your units are too bad for you to be able to consistently lose people.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes because you get a lot of units. But so many runs would be lost to Ch.17 and onwards.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, dodgetanks.

TsClWDJ.jpg

Of course does not help against Leafy boi and his fucking 230hit ballista

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Best one since PoR, or even FE6.

Three paralogues left. Kinda sick of 'em for the time being, so I'll do chapter 23 first.

Spoiler

Please tell me Zephia and Griss do die here. It is long past time and this would be a compelling place for them to go... But then, I believe there are three more chapters after this. What, is Sombron going to fight us thrice? Maybe corrupted Marni. I'd say that's a decently safe bet.

Incidentally

0tLBrUcq_o.jpg

Last paralogue I achieved Maximum Etie. She is now the Etiest.

Just... Look at those stats. Look at them.

She is the true Divine One.

8ZqUJbS0_o.jpg

Pictured: me looking at Etie.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Excellent! I'm glad it sounds like you're doing well.

Well, the game is doing pretty well. It has been... a bit of a frantic week otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TsClWDJ.jpg

Not bad. Maybe I should give her a chance next run, but... God does she bore me lol

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Best one since PoR

Ghh-- ack. Sorry.

Anyway, not right. Best since Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FE6 might be one of the worst games i ever played

Doesn't mean i can't be objective about i every once in a decade

No, don't do that. You'll make me feel bad and say that Three Houses is a good game.