Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yup

Everytime i Ike a unit the unit dies to chain attacks lmao

The Hero class being his number one weakness haha, 2x chain attack hits at max HP, and since he can't counter, they will usually be at max HP!

The jp cast this time is an all star cast. I usually love the English ones much more, but in Engage the jp one is much much much better imo

3H english cast, now that was amazing

Huh, i guess that's fair enough.

-

one thing to mention from 3H i wished they would have changed: so many enemies have Silver weapons or high grade throwing weapons... and nothing else. Diversity when? XD

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The jp cast this time is an all star cast. I usually love the English ones much more, but in Engage the jp one is much much much better imo

Eh, I'm enjoying the English dub, myself. Perhaps worse than Houses's, but still well in the realm of "good", if you ask me.

Heck, Etie's deeper English voice is a vast improvement from "generic pipsqueak anime girl" and considering how much I use her, that's important. Zelkov too, his English actor pulled off the subtle grandiose melodrama well, it's hald the reason I like him so much. Also English has Kenny. JP hasn't Kenny, so it's worse.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ok Im gonna hafta take back some of the things Ive said about Dorothy. C’mon Wolt, yer gettin beat by a girl ... a damn doofusy lookin girl at that. Lol

Well, to be fair, she's Dorothy. Coolest girl this side of Elibe!

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh Sigurd came to me himself how nice xD

Running into Death

This is truly accurate to FE4 lmaooo

Like I said, the Kaga blocks are more of a time limit to kill the big man himself, because Sigurd dashes ahead and they require some turns to catch up. Or, you cantry and take them on for the experience and challenge of it. Very clever design, right there.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, I'm enjoying the English dub, myself. Perhaps worse than Houses's, but still well in the realm of "good", if you ask me.

I agree with this! Well, minus the part about 3H. XD

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or, you cantry and take them on for the experience and challenge of it.

I wanted to, but then Celine decided to Ignis Sigurd kek

Oh well, time for ch. 18, after some fooling around in Somniel

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

but then Celine decided to Ignis Sigurd kek

It always feels bad when this occurs TOO often, getting the unit killed. That or way too many crits with low % rates getting a unit killed, that's terrible as well. Like, c'mon, that would ONLY occur when it doesn't need to!

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

It always feels bad when this occurs TOO often, getting the unit killed. That or way too many crits with low % rates getting a unit killed, that's terrible as well. Like, c'mon, that would ONLY occur when it doesn't need to!

Rng moment xD

Rng moment xD

Yeah, but always at critical moments!

It's always why i almost always lure attacks using Lucina, whether it's Bonded Shield or using Dual Support for 170 average AVO. I don't like those odds, and will avoid them if i can.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I'm one of those who sit there and calculate the outcomes before they happen, rather than running in without any strategy. XD

Yeah same

Although this time Celine didn't want Sigurd to be Bolganon'd, and decided Ignis him instead xD

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah same

Although this time Celine didn't want Sigurd to be Bolganon'd, and decided Ignis him instead xD

❤️

Celine has way too little MAG for that to work on my end. Her average damage is like, 15. XD

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"I bear no grudges"

Sigurd, my friend, your last words were "YOU DASTARD"

Sounds pretty grudgy to me xD

Honestly, that's really very mild and almost polite, considering. Now if he had called him a craven cur, on the other hand...

(Plus, doesn't 'grudge' mean something that one harbours for a long time? Sigurd didn't exactly have the opportunity to do that)

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Celine has way too little MAG for that to work on my end. Her average damage is like, 15. XD

My Celine is like the strongest party member xD

Just now, ping said:

Sigurd didn't exactly have the opportunity to do that

Fair, and there was that little ghostly talk with Seliph later iirc

Still found it pretty funny

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with this! Well, minus the part about 3H. XD

Well, I did say "perhaps." I am the wrong person to draw that comparison, seeing how I am biased to high heaven lol

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh well, time for ch. 18, after some fooling around in Somniel

Finally. Magical berserker time.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, I also despise Spanish dubs for the same reason. We have like, four voice actors and you hear them in everything

Oh my God, I'm not the only one who feels this way. I swear, all Spanish dubs of things that weren't originally in Spanish all feel like the voices were just automatically generated. It's most notable with children and elderly.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Doesn't help that... Okay, this is probably because I haven't listened to many JP dubs, and also my lack of understanding of Japanese. But... I dunno, it always felt like JP voice actors sound really... Samey? Like they have one old guy voice, one child voice, one girl voice, one boy voice... one voice for each type of character and they use it everywhere. Same delivery, same tone, just identical voices for characters throughout fiction.

As someone who does watch anime, I feel ya. Now granted, I don't speak the language either and there are a few JP VAs that I can recognize but that's usually because their voice is so specific. I can recognize Koyasu, I can recognize Daisuke Ono and that's....about it. One time I was watching Golden Wind and Fruits Basket 2019 back-to-back and I recognized the same actor in both of them.

When it comes to shows and movies, I do prefer to watch in the original language so outside of like, watching JoJo Parts 1 and 2 dubbed, I usually stick to subs. If I watched a Spanish show, I would watch in Spanish (and I wouldn't need subs for that). But when it comes to games, English VA all the way. There are select exceptions. Back when Atelier had dual-audio, the English VAs only voiced like 25% of all the lines so I switched to JP. And then Gust dropped English VAs anyways so now I have no choice (not having a choice is the main reason I would play in JP lol).

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I did say "perhaps." I am the wrong person to draw that comparison, seeing how I am biased to high heaven lol

Well, appreciating good VA work is kinda in a seperate category from the normal critique of a game, so i think it's fine really.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Back when Atelier had dual-audio, the English VAs only voiced like 25% of all the lines so I switched to JP. A

Ah nep does the same, not to mention it has some jp va related jokes hence it's one of the rare games i play with jp va

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But when it comes to games, English VA all the way

Feel mostly the same way. Some exceptions here and there but yh

Celine: "I love tea"

Celine when bandits begin attacking tea shipments: "so you have chosen.....death".

Jokes aside, I was surprised to see such a serious side from her. It's not even played off as a joke, like the most you get is "I thought about chasing them off with pranks but I know real life is not so simple" and then she goes "I will simply kill them".

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ah nep does the same

Yeah Nep was also a series where I switched to JP.

And then there's Gunvolt, which finally got English VAs but I'm too used to hearing the JP voices.

That's a nice personal

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

and then she goes "I will simply kill them".

Yeah Celine's later supports are really good and show her character, and that she's actually one of the more bloody characters in the series if she were to be a "full" lord

Yeah Celine's later supports are really good and show her character, and that she's actually one of the more bloody characters in the series if she were to be a "full" lord

It's wild too because she definitely gives off the "please no more fighting 🥺" princess vibes but she's very much willing to separate your head from your body without hesitation.