• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

How do you defeat monsters anyway? Most of my characters do no damage.

They introduced Emblem Eirika by explaining that her Engage Skill nullifies Def/Res. There is a Wyrm right at the start.

Put two and two together.

Also Radiant Bow.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man but I have so little left of the game, though. Definitely will finish it within the next few days. Then I'll be left waiting for the DLC campaign at like, the fucking end of the year lol

....though I am more likely to do a maddening run well before then. This game is so fucking good.

I'm probably gonna do another run when Wave 2 drops.

Honestly the gameplay alone makes the DLC have legitimate value. The Emblems having their own maps (I hear Tiki's map kicks your balls) and the gameplay ensures that the DLC story won't be like Cindered Mid).

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though seriously... (Chapter 17 stuff)

Reveal hidden contents

I feel the whole "misunderstanding" thing got cut off too quickly by having Zephia just outright reveal the whole brainwashing/split-personality thing. Granted, I like that, but I still feel that if they were going to commit, then they could've made it last longer.

Still, if I had written the game, I may have done it so Veyle is given the benefit of the doubt. I mean, they just fought a brainwashed Hortensia, so why they can't think Veyle would've also been brainwashed? Feelings aside, of course. Zephia can still do her thing and bring back the other Veyle here, but it would've interesting if they had allowed Veyle to be with the party if only for a bit. Ah well.

Hmm... I had Diamant fight Morion... will I have Ivy fight her father too...? HMMM...

Spoiler

The difference is that the party sees Zephia brainwash Hortensia. Whereas as far as they were concerned, Veyle led them into the cathedral.

Though evil Veyle does say "I've never met you before" back then so that could've been a clue.....but Alear was too distraught to probably think about it too much.

3 hours ago, Green06 said:

Some are going even further and saying it's worse than Fates.

I should piss them off even further and tell them it's kinda unironically the best Fire Emblem story.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ooohhhh, the expansion pack page says release by the 31st of December for all the remaining waves.

Yeah Xenoblade 3 said the same thing.

I expect the DLC story for Engage to be out by July. For reference, Three Houses came out in July and Cindered Mid came out in February, seven months later.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The more I look at it, the more Veyle’s design is… just kind of ugly. Like, in the game that has the funny controversy designs, it’s the only one that really stands out to me as “they dropped the ball here

I like that the chain cuffs on her legs and neck is never brought up ever.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

The difference is that the party sees Zephia brainwash Hortensia. Whereas as far as they were concerned, Veyle led them into the cathedral.

Though evil Veyle does say "I've never met you before" back then so that could've been a clue.....but Alear was too distraught to probably think about it too much.

Spoiler

On the contrary, it's not like they need to see Veyle being brainwashed in order to believe it. They only need to know it's possible, and if visual proof is needed, again, they got it with Hortensia.

I’m gonna take a stab at the paralogues before continuing on to the difficulty curve. Which means Lyn. Eirika came with a rapier, so let’s see what happens…

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They introduced Emblem Eirika by explaining that her Engage Skill nullifies Def/Res. There is a Wyrm right at the start.

Put two and two together.

That’s only half an HP bar once every engage tho.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also Radiant Bow.

I did. Zero damage.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

On the contrary, it's not like they need to see Veyle being brainwashed in order to believe it. They only need to know it's possible, and if visual proof is needed, again, they got it with Hortensia.

Spoiler

But they're also told Veyle is Sombron's daughter. Considering that Veyle is the one who told them where the cathedral is, it's not illogical to assume Veyle was lying.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s only half an HP bar once every engage tho.

This is a Maddening moment then. Cause in Hard, Twin Strike is capable of oneshotting those things.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

But they're also told Veyle is Sombron's daughter. Considering that Veyle is the one who told them where the cathedral is, it's not illogical to assume Veyle was lying.

Spoiler

Perhaps. Still, the problem isn't that they went that route, but rather, that it amounts to nothing since it gets resolved literally the next time they meet. So why even bother.

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a Maddening moment then. Cause in Hard, Twin Strike is capable of oneshotting those things.

Ermmm

Hard was also half HP, atleast for me.

But bringing down to half was enough for the others to finish off

40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That’s only half an HP bar once every engage tho

....do they have 2 bars on maddening or something?

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh my GOD

Yup i got that as well and burst out laughing lmao

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I know the first time it didn't kill it but I don't think it did only half either.

Then later I gave Eirika to Alfred and he kills those things with Twin Strike bette than Rosado did.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a Maddening moment then. 

Just like everything else has been.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ermmm

But bringing down to half was enough for the others to finish off

....do they have 2 bars on maddening or something?

Everyone else did, for the most part, zero damage.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Huh

Do they have 40 def on maddening or something

Felt like it

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FINALLY MONEY

God

Is money tight in this game

Yes.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FINALLY MONEY

God

Is money tight in this game

And Gold Skirmishes are no joke either.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
TRUE

It's certainly noticeable.

Spoiler

Oh so certain characters will react to others dying. Good, that's good.

Hopefully someone makes a compilation of these, not something the average player would see.

Edited by Armagon
There was spoiler character

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or gets text dumped, so no one actually does it for real...?

The channel is actually uploading these. So far there's:

• Citrinne and Lapis mourning Alcryst
  • Alcryst mourning Citrinne and Lapis
  • Hortensia mourning Rosado and Goldmary
  • Celine mourning Chloe and Louis
  • Ivy mourning Kagetsu and Zelkov

Seems it's limited to the lord/retainer pairs and one will mourn the other (though since the crown royals can't actually die, i wonder if the retainers there still have dialouge. Like Jade going "damn Diamant got hurt pretty bad, i hope he'll be alright".

FYI at least the Citrinne and Lapis video has a spoiler character in it. Idk about the others one but keep in mind.

Edited by Armagon

FUCK YES I DID IT

GQYu4BW.jpg
“But how Sooks? I thought you said your units weren’t strong enough to survive and pull through the northwest” you must be wondering. Well, they weren’t, but I had one unit strong enough to obliterate everything there.

2UIPUz5.jpg

So Ike’s skill Great Aether targets an AoE around whoever uses it, and can be used with any sword or axe (which is easy to forget if you like to keep him on a unit without those weapons so they can break more stuff). A while ago, I don’t remember when or where, I picked up the poleaxe, which does effective damage against calvary. I’d tried to use it before but had it sitting in the convoy for a while because it has absolutely no hit. However, this map was its time to shine. I pulled it out and refined it to +3 and gave it a hit boosting engrave, so it was good to go. Its other problem was that it’s super heavy, and bow knights, which the paralogue is swarmed with, are super fast. That would make one rounding hard.

unless you had a berserker who joined with such godly strength that she could OHKO them in one hit. Yeah, you see where I’m going with this. Great aether + forged poleaxe + 20 something base strength = a lot of dead bow knights. And it was beautiful, let me tell you. Best character, best unit.

This map has a gimmick where any yurts that aren’t taken out by the time the boss lives will spawn a ton of reinforcements. While Panette took care of the northwest, I had Timerra with a forged ridersbane doing something similar in the middle of the map but she had to be a lot slower because she couldn’t do any AoE shenanigans with it. I had Fogado magic bowing the wyverns out of existence in the bottom corner and Ivy and Hortencia ready to fly to the west after but they weren’t strong enough to kill anything there and I took too long, so I actually couldn’t take out the bottom yurts and reinforcements came from those. However, they don’t spawn until Lyn attacks you so I had everyone out of her range desperately running away from her as she ran toward us, which let me pull her far enough away from the bottom that those reinforcements couldn’t touch me before I obliterated Lyn.

Victory.

nMcledX.jpg

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seems it's limited to the lord/retainer pairs and one will mourn the other (though since the crown royals can't actually die, i wonder if the retainers there still have dialouge. Like Jade going "damn Diamant got hurt pretty bad, i hope he'll be alright".

I would assume the older royals would have dialogue if their younger siblings die, has that been checked?