Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Green06 said:

We need them

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Profile8-4.jpg

I am once again reminding people that these guys butchered Gunvolt 1 so bad Inti had to release their own localization.

I know these guys have a pretty good track record, i'm just saying, whatever Treehouse did to Engage isn't anywhere near as bad as what 8-4 did to Gunvolt 1.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ok made it to the end of Eirika's paralouge but Eirika herself seems very much a "hit her with every Engage Skill" type of boss which would be neat if the only two Engage refill spots weren't right in her trigger range.

Alright Alear, into the meat grinder you go, those level ups were too good to waste.

Finally, ch. 19... after 3 retry finally done. they really force me to use tactics that dislike in FE.

also Alear really falling behind at this point. anyone else feel it too? or just bad RNG..

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Next run.

54 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Curse you deployment slots.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me crying over having benched Louis ages ago

i benched louis , in favor of Jade. sure louis can have no damage all day, but she kills more often than Louis by virtue of Axe greater damage output. also more balanced stat with more Res and her Res+ skill in case you forgot to check map

I just finished Chapter 21.

Not gonna give a bunch of thoughts cuz it's late, but I think I agree with Ruben.

Spoiler

W H A T.

1 minute ago, joevar said:

also Alear really falling behind at this point. anyone else feel it too? or just bad RNG..

I wouldn't say she falls behind but I think we're so used to Robin, Corrin and Byleth absolutely decimating their games that Alear is so weak in comparison.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

also more balanced stat with more Res and her Res+ skill in case you forgot to check map

Yeah but like I would not send out an Armor against a mage in the first place.

Only time Louis gets away with it is when Engaged with Ike thanks to Urvan granting +3 Res and the fact that he takes even less damage.

I swear, if Mauvier's hair was bluer and he had pointy ears, he'd be like, Bado's long lost twin.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, this one got me laughing hard😆

https://i.imgur.com/uEYCRUa.pnguWNAcvH.png

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I am once again reminding people that these guys butchered Gunvolt 1 so bad Inti had to release their own localization.

I know these guys have a pretty good track record, i'm just saying, whatever Treehouse did to Engage isn't anywhere near as bad as what 8-4 did to Gunvolt 1.

The truth, Armagon, is that

Spoiler

nobody cares about Gunvolt😜

OMG, at last, 20 Perfects on the Push-Ups!

Okay, I saw a glimpse of Eirika's Paralogue, but I'm calling it for now. Will do it tomorrow.

Hmm... I haven't really used the Engraves so far, except Marth's for Alear's Prf. Considering things, I think I might put Ike's on Ivy's current thunder elemental tome. Since might as well. Or perhaps I should wait until I can get an S Olwen Ring. Well anyway...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

for someone that keeps barking like a dog, Pandreo somehow doesnt have any support with Merrin who had wolf tail. i thought they would fit into canine duo lol

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't say she falls behind but I think we're so used to Robin, Corrin and Byleth absolutely decimating their games that Alear is so weak in comparison.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but like I would not send out an Armor against a mage in the first place.

in normal cases ofc. ofc i wouldnt put her in middle pack of mages, but you'll never know. XD. putting armor way behind just because theres some mage left is not my style, when she can dish out great damage to others nearby. unless theres boss/mini boss mage

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... I haven't really used the Engraves so far, except Marth's for Alear's Prf. Considering things, I think I might put Ike's on Ivy's current thunder elemental tome. Since might as well. Or perhaps I should wait until I can get an S Olwen Ring. Well anyway...

some engrave pair well with certain weapon types. it really gives big boost imo. 

what skill Olwen ring has?

9 hours ago, Spara said:

I've started using him. Currently thinkin about testing him with Byleth for Thyrsus, so he can have 40 crit on Elsurge while attacking at range. If so, oh man, this is gonna be FUN.

Even with Elfire+2 he's really fun. If the Elsurge strat works out, he'll be able to push like 70% crit!

I gave him an Elfire+2 with Byleth engravement and he pulls consistent 40-60 rates. None too shabby, considering he also gets to choose his range!

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Recommending Trails to someone be like

JFz907D.jpg

QhJE8XM.jpg

Framme is not prepared for the time commitment

Then someone else comes along and tells you 500 hours in it becomes shit, too.

7 hours ago, joevar said:

my bad. i was too tired and then ragequit in that ch.19. but its true tho, since her position is there, i just naturally divided my unit into 3 and had no way of winning against the bosses with wrong lineup. (rewind all spent)

gonna try again

Yeah, my advice, don't divide. Fuck the houses, focus on the middle.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Make Axe units good.

Use Warrior Etie lolololol

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Panette

Hey that's my filler pick! She's... a bit too slow for my liking, but her power is undeniable. Kinda like a second Etie, if I reclassed her to warrior she'd be a similar thing. Minus Lyn and the lucky speed gains Etie got.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This one was very easy imo. Sigurds super high MOV works against him.

I think that was by design. They wanted to reference Kaga blocks without actually putting the player through them. So they just made Sigurd overextend and turned the blocks into the effective time limit. Clever!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

When the Fire Emblem game is made in Unity.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait for the Kelik mod.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

They did that, and then they made Senator Armstrong. The duality of man.

4 hours ago, Spara said:

I just finished Chapter 21.

Not gonna give a bunch of thoughts cuz it's late, but I think I agree with Ruben.

Hide contents

W H A T.

That is indeed correct.

Celica's paralogue is actually hilarious. Utterly comedic.

Spoiler

I literally just moved Saphir south and Celica proceded to warp her ass straight to us. Then between Mauvier and Sorry's dragon vein, I set up an impenetrable Great Aether wall to lure her even closer. And then she got murdered because she's a mage and Etie was there.

Over in three turns. Hilarious. I could've tried to Astra Arrow one of the summoners for money, but... Eh.

13 minutes ago, ping said:

+15 damage for all edged weapons.

Weight: AoE attack that instantly kills any units with lower build than the caster. Friend or foe.

6 hours ago, joevar said:

also Alear really falling behind at this point.

Go Corrin!Alear

5 hours ago, Green06 said:

https://i.imgur.com/uEYCRUa.pnguWNAcvH.png

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They wanted to reference Kaga blocks without actually putting the player through them. So they just made Sigurd overextend and turned the blocks into the effective time limit.

Game even made stupid Kaga blocks good?

Peak xD

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

am once again reminding people that these guys butchered Gunvolt 1 so bad Inti had to release their own localization.

Atleast you got a fixed version later

Here we are stuck with 4kids levels of localization, and playing with jp voices highlights how bad the translation is

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Emblem Ike grants:

• Resolve: if below 75% HP, Def/Res+5
  • Wrath: At start of combat, for each HP unit has lost, +1 to crit
  • Laguz Friend: take 50% less damage but no avo
  • Great Aether: AoE heal 30% of damage dealt, gets Def/Res+5 but also an additional Def+5 if unit is Armored

Ike!Louis is quite possibly one of the single most broken things in the series.

To be fair, Kaga did this style Wrath first in TRS! Xd

'Sides that, his weakness' are Smash and dual striking so I recommend watching out for that! 

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here we are stuck with 4kids levels of localization, and playing with jp voices highlights how bad the translation is

You play with JP voices? I think im in the minority who really doesnt like JP VA work (Reverie killed this for me) 

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

wouldn't say she falls behind but I think we're so used to Robin, Corrin and Byleth absolutely decimating their games that Alear is so weak in comparison

My Alear is unstoppable at max RES and 30 DEF! 32 STR, 33 SPD, yeah most enemies dont stand a chance, most have 0 hit rates as well.

Edited by lightcosmo

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To be fair, Kaga did this style Wrath first in TRS! Xd

And it had no limit there. You'd reach 100% crit without that much trouble.

20 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You play with JP voices? I think im in the minority who really doesnt like JP VA work (Reverie killed this for me) 

Nah I prefer dubs, as well. Maybe things would change if I ever learned Japanese, but right now, Japanese voice work is nothing more than white noise to me. Since I can't understand it, it doesn't add much to the experience.

Doesn't help that... Okay, this is probably because I haven't listened to many JP dubs, and also my lack of understanding of Japanese. But... I dunno, it always felt like JP voice actors sound really... Samey? Like they have one old guy voice, one child voice, one girl voice, one boy voice... one voice for each type of character and they use it everywhere. Same delivery, same tone, just identical voices for characters throughout fiction.

Again, I am sure it's just because I don't understand it, so it all just kind of blends together. But I'm afraid for me, there's like Okabe Rintaro's VA and everything else is just noise.

Then again, I also despise Spanish dubs for the same reason. We have like, four voice actors and you hear them in everything. Not to mention we seemingly have no idea how to scream.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And it had no limit there. You'd reach 100% crit without that much trouble.

Nah I prefer dubs, as well. Maybe things would change if I ever learned Japanese, but right now, Japanese voice work is nothing more than white noise to me. Since I can't understand it, it doesn't add much to the experience.

Doesn't help that... Okay, this is probably because I haven't listened to many JP dubs, and also my lack of understanding of Japanese. But... I dunno, it always felt like JP voice actors sound really... Samey? Like they have one old guy voice, one child voice, one girl voice, one boy voice... one voice for each type of character and they use it everywhere. Same delivery, same tone, just identical voices for characters throughout fiction.

Again, I am sure it's just because I don't understand it, so it all just kind of blends together. But I'm afraid for me, there's like Okabe Rintaro's VA and everything else is just noise.

Then again, I also despise Spanish dubs for the same reason. We have like, four voice actors and you hear them in everything. Not to mention we seemingly have no idea how to scream.

True! The Engage version isn't quite as impressive.

I agree they sound the same. not that it's good or bad, just noticable after some time. (As i said, I listened to them playing Reverie, so the "yelling" always got annoying to me)

20230129_141524.jpg

The FE4 experience

And just like FE4 i will send one unit to wipe em all out

Then again there's only so much you can do with a FE4 map kek

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sides that, his weakness' are Smash and dual striking so I recommend watching out for that!

Yup

Everytime i Ike a unit the unit dies to chain attacks lmao

44 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

You play with JP voices?

The jp cast this time is an all star cast. I usually love the English ones much more, but in Engage the jp one is much much much better imo

3H english cast, now that was amazing