• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can google his name and the first three or four paintings that show up have sensibly dressed women.

Yeah and then your art history professor shows you Origin of the World when discussing Courbet's paintings.

There is a reason why it was the one painting we were not allowed to recreate in that class.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

You have Ruben Stones, now we need Ruben Saga! XD

Haha... Ah, if only it were that easy. FEBuilder is an incredibly powerful tool, but for Berwick I'd have to learn to tear open a game that I've been told is held up by duct tape and hope.

Maybe someday, though. Maybe someday I will make Ward Saga.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yeah and then your art history professor shows you Origin of the World when discussing Courbet's paintings.

There is a reason why it was the one painting we were not allowed to recreate in that class.

Well, and? There are like 746463 animes you wouldn't be allowed to recreate in class. Courbet may be horny, but he isn't a master of horny like the Japanese.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Finding anime without at least a token little bit of horni

Define horni here kek

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

heavier narrative weight means the story has an obligation to succeed. A lighter narrative weight means that the story succeeding is more of a bonus rather than something that actually needs to happen

Basically

Engage story is as good as 3H gameplay, because neither is the focus of either

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sommie time.

This reminds me. They basically just had Alear sleep... with their battle clothes for a thousand years? You'd think they would've changed them into proper nightwear or something...

Heck, in-game they go to sleep still dressed up in whatever you give them, so... pft.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, it's a pretty funny coincidence. Hanneman and direct. There would be no greater opportunity to reveal him as Hopes DLC, but Koei hate the very idea of possibly appealing to me in any manner, shape or form, so it won't happen.

Yeah, chances were slim already, but we know the rest of the DLC Emblems and... yeah, one of them he ain't.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha... Ah, if only it were that easy. FEBuilder is an incredibly powerful tool, but for Berwick I'd have to learn to tear open a game that I've been told is held up by duct tape and hope.

Maybe someday, though. Maybe someday I will make Ward Saga.

I'll pray for that day to come, then!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They basically just had Alear sleep... with their battle clothes for a thousand years?

Actually no

Spoiler

They are in theur dark clothes before Sombron laser'd them

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ward Saga.

Simpette Saga with Ward in chains

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Actually no

Hide contents

They are in theur dark clothes before Sombron laser'd them

Spoiler

Assuming, of course, that being turned into part Divine Dragon didn't also dyed the clothes as well as half the hair and eye.

Rejoice Ladies (not that theres any here) & gentlemen, you just convince someone to play a game almost 2 decade old:

3oXwEbuNRE.jpg

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh yh Elibe ost is kinda... yikes

Rise to the challenge cool tho

they butcher "Beneath a New Light" in Roy's  paralogue.. like how could they make it so unrrecognizable after they done a good job of remix everywhere else T____T 

the song that keeps my sanity in check while playing  the cruel and feels like never ending ambush spawn in entire FE6 game.

that, and Beyond the Distant Skies are two of simple yet effective song to me.

--------------------------------------

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually hope Xenoblade 4 is completely removed. Let it start it's own thing. 

as for me, im actually neutral. but completely new thing kinda nice too. afterall overstaying its welcome will end up bad usually

--------------------------------------

huh.. Berwick Saga only has official JP release

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wouldn't call the vesterias bad tbh, mid tier FE probably. Berwick is just hard to top

but then why Vestaria Saga get localized and ported to steam, but not Berwick instead. @Saint Rubenioany answer?

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Don't be like me and kill Derrick off. XD

derrick? ok noted. whoever they are 😕

Just now, joevar said:

but then why Vestaria Saga get localized and ported to steam, but not Berwick instead. @Saint Rubenioany answer?

Wouldn't surprise me if after the whole debacle of Nintendo vs Kaga legal battles, they just couldn't.

TearRing wasn't localized either, for same reason and that... well, same reason FE wasn't being localized originally. They thought SRPG's were too complex for Western audiences.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

Assuming, of course, that being turned into part Divine Dragon didn't also dyed the clothes as well as half the hair and eye.

Spoiler

Convenient Dark magic

Then again we saw it happen with Veyle xD

1 minute ago, joevar said:

but then why Vestaria Saga get localized and ported to steam, but not Berwick instead

Berwick is a PS2 game and afaik license holder is rip

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Define horni here kek

No. I don't feel like arguing. Let us discuss Derrick instead.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me. They basically just had Alear sleep... with their battle clothes for a thousand years? You'd think they would've changed them into proper nightwear or something...

Heck, in-game they go to sleep still dressed up in whatever you give them, so... pft.

Yeah, I thought that was funny.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Simpette Saga with Ward in chains

In your dreams.

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

Rejoice Ladies (not that theres any here) & gentlemen, you just convince someone to play a game almost 2 decade old:

Who cares about the age of games?

Foolish people. That's who. Hope you enjoy!

Yep. English patch is great, thankfully 

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I wouldn't call the vesterias bad tbh, mid tier FE probably. Berwick is just hard to top

It's old, stuck on ps2, never left Japan officially and the company that made it doesn't even exist anymore. It'd probably be wsy too difficult for such a niche, unknown game.

Heck, Vestaria games were never going to be localized initially. Kaga just noticed his games got attention from the west and got in touch with a group of localizers. Since these are free games he's making on his own for fun, he can just go ahead and do it.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

i know berwick has faces at least.. i'll see about other gameplay decision. since i want to download it now.

Good luck! 

I played through more than half of it... but then the game exhausted me to the point I put it down, and still haven't gotten back to it. It was quite enjoyable, I'd like to finish the story, but when the five-turn saves stopped being enough and I was spamming save states with abandon... 😐.

43njEk4Y8z.jpg

hmm the intro is longer and more interesting than FE PoR. thats a good start.

uhh theres so many configurations options in.. config. oh well. 

right after playing Engage and then this.. yeah, it hurts my eye just seeing the UI .. hahah.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Convenient Dark magic

Then again we saw it happen with Veyle xD

Berwick is a PS2 game and afaik license holder is rip

here, since you like Fates. spot the differences between the dub

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's old, stuck on ps2, never left Japan officially and the company that made it doesn't even exist anymore. It'd probably be wsy too difficult for such a niche, unknown game.

Heck, Vestaria games were never going to be localized initially. Kaga just noticed his games got attention from the west and got in touch with a group of localizers. Since these are free games he's making on his own for fun, he can just go ahead and do it.

no one will chase his ass for vestaria huh. shame it looks like any low budget SRPG at a glance versus Berwick

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good luck! 

thanks!

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's weird since i liked EN corn in Fates, but here...

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think it's the same voice actor.

VA quality aside. they outright delete a sentence

EN basically" oh well here's a song."

while JP basically" oh i got a song, its been a while that it gives me a nostalgic memory". thats one big context lost right there

Turn 46.  The final barrier is down.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

VA quality aside. they outright delete a sentence

EN basically" oh well here's a song."

while JP basically" oh i got a song, its been a while that it gives me a nostalgic memory". thats one big context lost right there

I was talking about how EN Corrin seems to suck at singing.

That said, singing Lost in Thoughts All Alone is pretty obvious that it's important to her so i wouldn't say the context is lost regardless. Anyone with a basic familiarity of the series probably knows the song.

26 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm the game is longer and more interesting and better than FE PoR. thats a good start.

Indeed, I agree.

Jokes aside tho, yeah, Berwick's intro is great. In fact, if you go in my profile, you'll find I've had it as my profile banner for a long time.

26 minutes ago, joevar said:

right after playing Engage and then this.. yeah, it hurts my eye just seeing the UI .. hahah.

Ehhh Engage's UI is kinda poopy ngl. As for the game visuals... It is one of my go-to arguments for why FE should never have gone 3D.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

SPOILER_wsdv9smp5oga1.jpg?width=798&heig

Meanwhile Roy: PTSD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I already love Vanchad.

Of course you do, you have good taste! Using him long-term is a challenge, but perfectly doable.

...just don't make the mistake I made. Don't reclass him down to a base class. It does nothing for his exp gains.

Edited by Saint Rubenio