Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I might lower the difficulty to hard in Engage. Not sure. I do like a hard ass game, but it doesn’t pair well with having stuff to do and being busy, which is somewhat me now. Like major challenge when I get to play for so little at a time just makes me feel  somewhat demotivated, since it feels like I’m never gonna finish. That thing some of y’all said where it was like “challenge is cool but I don’t have infinite time on my hands” I… I get it guys.

Not sure though. Either way, chapter 18 hurts my brain. I tried to move my entire army to the left but you just get swarmed by the right so…

Well, if you wanna play for challenge, theres always later runs or simply modding for actual balance in mind. Xd

• Replies 178.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that the principle of the thing or can you tolerate it when done well?

It's the principle. I can at most tolerate maybe one or two elements (same with horror). But a full-on dystopia story? Fuck outta here.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, Asakim is not an actual evil Masaki, if that's what you were bringing up. Out of universe he was designed to be on paper, but it might actually be that

and we still dont know the deal with wave 4 villain.. 

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, I haven't yet played any of the Z games, or the ones with Mazinger Zero yet.

it was even a prime example of bad gameplay design: "enemy become nerfed when they join your side" ... one if the things that i truly rolled my eyes everytime it happen.

like seriously they can take so much a beating as enemy but then switch side in same chapter, and only had HP that makes real-robot gang thats been upgraded chuckled...

trying-not-to-laugh-zoom-in.gif

- allies when they see newcomer from evil side

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

5 of my top 15 games are 2D sides rollers.

oh i see.

If you can tolerate indie games, then you should try " Astlibra:revision " it will come out on Switch. or if you have PC, you can buy it on Steam too rather cheaply.

i would rate it 9/10 out of pure enjoyment. 

It is a whack game that a single developer thats as horny as any other JP developer, work on it for 14 years (!), has many different artstyle meshed together, use many free assets and even free music. but somehow it works! the plot also can put shame many bigger budget JRPG in terms of the plot twist it has. 

its not "so bad its good". its just very good game plastered with mediocre artstyle. and i heard the non-revision was.. way way worse, to the point someone volunteer to smooth out some artwork.

i put my review in "whatcha playing" thread

11 minutes ago, joevar said:

and we still dont know the deal with wave 4 villain.. 

Spoiler

Well, in the Japanese trailer Alear mentions Sombron, admittedly hard to say if that's a confirmation or not. The fact we may have to fight against the DLC Emblems could very much imply more Fell Dragon shenanigans. After all, the Corrupted were shown already.

I beat the second dungeon in Link's Awakening. Then i went and bought some bombs. And the Deluxe Shovel costs 200 rupees, Jesus Christ they did not fix the prices in this game.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I beat the second dungeon in Link's Awakening. Then i went and bought some bombs. And the Deluxe Shovel costs 200 rupees, Jesus Christ they did not fix the prices in this game.

I know it's a lot for a shovel. And the bow is even worse. Yet, it's not like Link's Awakening has much else to use Rupees on? Other than the life potion. The economy is pretty limited in LA IIRC.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On 2/8/2023 at 6:34 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

are waiting for you, friend

It's okay, I will get a job soon, right?????????

Crying Wojak | Know Your Meme

On 2/8/2023 at 9:59 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...There's not enough Veyle art out there...

1675058139071.png

It's all because they censored her ending translation...

On 2/8/2023 at 9:33 PM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tfw i saw a manga title so....degenerate, i went wraith mode for a sec

Sauce.jpg

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, no, romance sim is a moderm FE thing. Kaga is old, he doesn't roll like that. You will watch the predefined, properly developed, occasionally well-written romances between characters and you will like them.

image.png

cough cough GTA SA

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that's why I said "barely" lol. Occassionally the game goes "wow Mark you are there!", but otherwise Mark has about the same importance as Dart.

Exclusive scene from Blazing Blade

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's nice to hear this music when Great Shield is not activating. I prefer Julius' tho

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Protect her

1675071318832.jpg

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for an excuse! Now I can cave in tomorrow and get the trilogy done!😆 -Although half of me is disappointed in my decision-making.😐

I'm weird alright.🙃

We're all weird, and that's what makes us cool.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's ok you're not there yet. You'll see the vision eventually

FoeD4PAaYAU9pV9?format=jpg&name=medium

Hey I can believe the game has fun gameplay, but story is a whole other beast.

On another note though, I believe I made one of these "personal top favorite games" lists on that same website, though I haven't touched it since even though I'm sure some stuff has changed.

It's kind of interesting as personally I've found my list of games I like changes every five seconds, and very rarely do I end up actively enjoying a game for a very long period of time, so any list I make of my favorite games tends to be games I have a lot of respect for conceptually, aesthetically, and literally, but have a truly on and off period when it comes to how I enjoy the game itself.

Because of this I even have thought of ditching the tierlist for my Fire Emblem runs and just let any reviews I make speak for themselves.

I'd say, between Hortensia's high Res and Ivy with Thoron, I laughed in the face of Rexcalibur.

At least, until Soren with Flare had the potential to one-shot Hortensia... but thankfully he missed. Still... I did not see it coming, should've been more careful there, pft. I almost had the sister-in-law killed!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

It's kind of interesting as personally I've found my list of games I like changes every five seconds, and very rarely do I end up actively enjoying a game for a very long period of time, so any list I make of my favorite games tends to be games I have a lot of respect for conceptually, aesthetically, and literally, but have a truly on and off period when it comes to how I enjoy the game itself.

Sounds like you need a gaming kaleidoscope. Some kind of program that'd convert your moods on games into an ever-changing array of colors and designs, with what is there seconds later being totally gone and replaced by something wholly different. Red and white in floral patterns might predominate now, but it could be green and purple triangles in a blink, which in turn are replaced by black with yellow fish.

While I can assign numeric scores to games, I don't love making tier lists. To rank is to discern, to discern is to discriminate. That isn't to say it's a terrible thing, we're talking video games here, not IRL people. Few fictional characters or games fill me with bile (which I shouldn't generally try to feel IMO, it's likely not enlightened (there are always exceptions) to be attached so strongly to mere entertainment in a negative way), and I don't want to diminish things others might like. I wouldn't enjoy placing Ninian somewhere low on an FE7 characterization tier list, even though I personally would. Sometimes I prefer to phrase things as "this/they didn't click with me" and pin the blame more on myself than what the developers hath created. Sorting among favorites is different, yet also not an easy thing. I'm inherently indecisive to boot.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, as I just did a Silver Skirmish in Solm and adopted a camel... I feel Engage went a bit in the wrong direction. Sure, wolf riders are cool and all, but where are my camel riders!?

Heavycamel_prev_aoe2de.png

Off in Civilization V. Arabia is widely considered a domination god there b/c of Camel Archers, which is almost the only war bonus they have. Hit & runs via dromedaries can devastate the battlefield from the technological medieval era until World War I bombers are fielded. 

If you choose to eat that adopted bactrian. Camel milk has less fat than cow milk, but it usually tastes saltier. Feed her dates for a day or two if you want her milk to be sweet. Camel meat runs into the same ethical issue as veal, that being the best-tasting camel meat is that slaughtered between 6 months and 1 year of age.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You let Silque/Silk die? For shame, tsk.

It happened. Not too long till the revival shrine. I'll see what I can do. She's more valuable than Klea, at the very least.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

His mooscles are too insufficient for him to be Bulk Bogan.

Ayy someone got it.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Keep in mind VS2 is still in the backlog......and going back to that in a post-Engage world is gonna suck so hard but it is what it is.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Sorry I'm not posting these as often as I used to. I'm so occupied with my vacation that I hardly have the time or energy to play Fire Emblem these days.

It's okay. I understand not wanting to play Three Houses.

haven't watched the Nintendo Direct yet but I saw on twitter Camilla being the Revelation Emblem and that alone is probably the funniest fucking thing I've seen all week which gave me more than enough motivation to continue Crimson Flower so I can inch ever closer to the absolute dumpster fire Engage looks like it is.

Engage is a huge narrative dumpster fire with the best gameplay in the series. So like, reverse Houses, pretty much.

Well luckily for you, you'll get to meet up with her real soon.

Fire Emblem Engage / Memes - TV Tropes

You know the worst part about this?

They chickened out. If you kill them with Byleth, you can spare them. It serves absolutely zero purpose, they don't join and their only further involvement in the story is sending a letter to Rhea apologizing. It's only there so you don't have to kill them.

They wouldn't commit to making you do bad things in the bad guy route. For shame.

Like be in a better story?

That's impossible though.

They really tried to speedrun this character to make me care about them before they died, huh?

Oh yeah, Randolph is a character. I almost forgot. You know, it would've been cool if Hopes had given these side characters more time to shine. But no, instead it focuses on the students again, even though they already had a game.

4 hours ago, joevar said:

Anyone here like playing 2D side-scroller games ?

Yeah, me. Metroidvanias are my favorites, but I generally enjoy platformers.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I might lower the difficulty to hard in Engage. Not sure. I do like a hard ass game, but it doesn’t pair well with having stuff to do and being busy, which is somewhat me now. Like major challenge when I get to play for so little at a time just makes me feel  somewhat demotivated, since it feels like I’m never gonna finish. That thing some of y’all said where it was like “challenge is cool but I don’t have infinite time on my hands” I… I get it guys.

Not sure though. Either way, chapter 18 hurts my brain. I tried to move my entire army to the left but you just get swarmed by the right so…

F

There's no shame in it, mate. Engage is a well made game, meaning going straight to the highest difficulty is a bad idea. You'll be better prepared next time!

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Since it's you I'm going to assume I disagree with whatever it says there lololololol

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

image.png

cough cough GTA SA

Aaand you're bringing this up why?

Jesus fucking Christ guys, I did not mean it in a bad way at all. Let me put it in as simple terms as I can: There is S supports in modern FE. There isn't S supports in older FE, including Berwick. Joevar's usage of the word "romanceable" made me think he was under the impression such a thing would be in Berwick, so I corrected him. That is ALL I was saying, for fuck's sake, let me live.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Exclusive scene from Blazing Blade

I can't believe Mark is a chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheep.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It would've actually been neat if at least Fogado was riding a camel.

Oh yeah, that would've been awesome.

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Spoiler

1675071318832.jpg

just a friendly reminder thats a spoiler for who hasnt reach endgame in Engage yet. just in case, you know.. not that im opposed someone posting that character

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They wouldn't commit to making you do bad things in the bad guy route. For shame.

thats where 3 Houses story falls so hard for me i dont feel like picking it up again.

Then it dawn on me this is Nintendo game. Shame on me to think it would be like Western CRPG narratives.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, me. Metroidvanias are my favorites, but I generally enjoy platformers.

but you dont play on PC right? or do you? since what i just recommend to Armagon dont have release date for switch (planned for 2023), available for now on PC only

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Joevar's usage of the word "romanceable" made me think he was under the impression such a thing would be in Berwick, so I corrected him. That is ALL I was saying, for fuck's sake, let me live.

Did i just stumble upon winning formula of "how to drag ruben through the mud" ? lol. 

as an apology, i will try to finish chapter 1 of Berwick Saga today... i will try

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Off in Civilization V. Arabia is widely considered a domination god there b/c of Camel Archers, which is almost the only war bonus they have. Hit & runs via dromedaries can devastate the battlefield from the technological medieval era until World War I bombers are fielded. 

If you choose to eat that adopted bactrian. Camel milk has less fat than cow milk, but it usually tastes saltier. Feed her dates for a day or two if you want her milk to be sweet. Camel meat runs into the same ethical issue as veal, that being the best-tasting camel meat is that slaughtered between 6 months and 1 year of age.

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It would've actually been neat if at least Fogado was riding a camel.

i legit thought Fogado was going to ride a camel too. IS just one step sgort of reaching greatness with Fogado there, and making Solm > Firene

1 hour ago, joevar said:

just a friendly reminder thats a spoiler for who hasnt reach endgame in Engage yet. just in case, you know.. not that im opposed someone posting that character

Post Saphir instead.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

thats where 3 Houses story falls so hard for me i dont feel like picking it up again.

Then it dawn on me this is Nintendo game. Shame on me to think it would be like Western CRPG narratives.

I mean, Nintendo has some dark games. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is on the DS, and in that game you do some super fucked up shit, which is why I like it. It's Houses that's too cowardly.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

but you dont play on PC right? or do you? since what i just recommend to Armagon dont have release date for switch (planned for 2023), available for now on PC only

Looool I'm the biggest "PC Master Race" person here. Anything I can play on PC, I do. I have the Switch for the exclusives and I don't even like it.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

Did i just stumble upon winning formula of "how to drag ruben through the mud" ? lol. 

Curse you, Joevar. May Ward beat the snot out of you with his Endgame Ready Beard for perving on his daughter.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

as an apology, i will try to finish chapter 1 of Berwick Saga today... i will try

I would forgive you if you did. Man up and push through the hitrates. You cannot drop Berwick before you see Sylvis.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

think FE writers need to watch Bocchi before writing anymore social anxiety/confidence characters.

More than that, they need to remove supports from the bubble they are in

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The very principle of it.

We all have that one

Just look at me and fantasy hijacking politics, or removing agency from characters, especially if it is to make them "innocent" in a political story with actions and consequences.

It's why i hate most FE plots.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-02-09-22-25-33-37_0b2fce

We truly live in a boring dystopia

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Loool

Now i wonder if they will keep the jealousy glitch in the remake

And how much outrage it would cause 🍿

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

It's all because they censored her ending translation...

Doubt that would've given to more art.

Engage is just not hitting mainstream like Houses did

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage is a well made game, meaning going straight to the highest difficulty is a bad idea.

Yh need to learn mechanics first xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ofrKKEl.jpgHYoeQBb.jpg

NOT ONCE BUT TWICE YOU LIE TO ME, MAKING ME BELIEVE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD MAP DESIGN

Alas, Three Houses has never even heard of the concept of good map design, all route and boss kill here 😞

paECQy6.jpg

You see this? This is the screen I saw before quickly falling down a spiral of regret at the fact that I let all my magic users die before reaching Seteth.

Oof. Hopefully you can replace them all with a good forged magic weapon instead.

ZSVQBqD.jpg

They really tried to speedrun this character to make me care about them before they died, huh?

Plus they didn't want people to complain about never seeing the generic bosses Edelgard has on the other routes, when you side with Edelgard. They should have just made them playable, to replace the Church members that are only available on the other routes...

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

If you don't care about the 0 death secret ending, you could always steal from the shop...