Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, so Geese has murdered Paola and then critted Saber.

My best unit to deal with him is Kachua, who deals 4 damage and gets doubled for 10. I got him down to 2 and then he retreated and got healed by a necromancer.

Another massacre... Ohh, those revival springs cannot come too soon.

34 minutes ago, joevar said:

after playing a bit more, now im really certain whats the problem with every FE story.. its pacing. the story are too eager to jump into another big, all out battle, after just finishing one battle. while the intermission/break basically happen in vacuum, be it 3Houses style or Engage style. not even world war should have battle after battle after battle. there should be calm before the storm thats actually in story. but in FE its just 5 minute chat before the next map, then 5 mnutes reaction of after battle. then move to next site of battle for next cutscenes most of the time

basically its like watching a Detective Conan, or any mystery story. no matter where the next scenes is, its surely will be the conflict place where your whole army (seen or not seen) will be present for fight. the plot become feels forced or something because it cant be de-escalated without a full on skirmish

While Berwick really remind me of playing Suikoden 1 & 2 on PS1. 

Yep, you hit the nail right on the head. This is one of the reasons why I like Berwick Saga's story better than any FE. The smaller scale and more "personal", shall we say, focus gives it a lot more room for character and worldbuilding. You're not going from critical battle to critical battle, you're just the tiny squadron of some irrelevant lordling who's assigned to mop up brigands and help out a little bit where you can. Of course, the stakes escalate as the game goes, but it's a slower process.

34 minutes ago, joevar said:

alright thats helpful enough

oh, do mercenaries stay or they will expire/leave eventually

Mercenaries stay with you for the remainder of the chapter. Worth noting that their fees are halved after the main mission. If you aren't going to deploy a mercenary in the main mission, it's best to wait until afterwards to hire them.

Each of them has different requirements to permanently join the army, but for the most part, they aren't too guide-baity. It mostly boils down to two things in most cases: Performing certain tasks in maps, viewing events or playing special maps as they pop up, and the hidden happiness stat, which is increased by being hired, being deployed, having lunch at the restaurant, leveling up... really, anything that you're already going to be doing for characters you like.

...There's just one exception, who has to be deployed in a specific map without warning or else they cannot be permanently recruited. The map is well suited to this unit's strengths, but still, kinda poopy. If you want, I can let you know when the time comes.

EDIT: Shit, my bad! My bad, this is false! This is one of the reauirements for one unit's promotion. Yeah, promotion is a beast of its own in this game. We'll talk more about it another time.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, joevar said:

alright thats helpful enough

oh, do mercenaries stay or they will expire/leave eventually

You need to rehire them every start of the chapter until they perma join you.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is one of the reasons why I like Berwick Saga's story better than any FE You're not going from critical battle to critical battle, 

i feel like i can write another or two praragraph of complaints and put it in a new thread in general FE forum lol.

but oh well too lazy for that.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mercenaries stay with you for the remainder of the chapter. Worth noting that their fees are halved after the main mission. If you aren't going to deploy a mercenary in the main mission, it's best to wait until afterwards to hire them.

37 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

You need to rehire them every start of the chapter until they perma join you.

OOF i just hire them all.... thankfully money not an issue (yet?)

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Okay he's dead. Not before he crit Jesse to death, though. Sheesh, Kamui's the only merc I've left...

6 minutes ago, joevar said:

OOF i just hire them all....

Don't worry! Hiring is one of the sources of happiness points, so it's not a complete waste, as you've contributed toward their permanent recruitment. Besides, you can try deploying them in the two(? did you do the idiot brothers yet?) sidequests that remain before the chapter ends. The idiot brothers map is excellent to show off Axel's abilities.

6 minutes ago, joevar said:

thankfully money not an issue (yet?)

That's because you've not spoken to Jonathan at the Atelier.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't worry! Hiring is one of the sources of happiness points, so it's not a complete waste, as you've contributed toward their permanent recruitment. Besides, you can try deploying them in the two(? did you do the idiot brothers yet?) sidequests that remain before the chapter ends. The idiot brothers map is excellent to show off Axel's abilities.

That's because you've not spoken to Jonathan at the Atelier.

i've done it with that edgy sword boi and dean. then do the 2 knight sidequest before hiring everyone i find, then chapter ends everyone dismissed again.. what a comedy

i remembered we got horses, where did it all go?

z5sCaM9Hxl.jpg

oh it is stolen afterall, classic.

do i have to buy them every chapter too?

3 minutes ago, joevar said:

i've done it with that edgy sword boi and dean. then do the 2 knight sidequest before hiring everyone i find, then chapter ends everyone dismissed again.. what a comedy

Haha, ah well. Mistakes were made. Well, not to worry. At least everyone got some happiness out of it. Consider it a kind donation from Good Boy Reese.

i remembered we got horses, where did it all go?

z5sCaM9Hxl.jpg

oh it is stolen afterall, classic.

Oh yeah. The game gives you special horses for the first mission, lets you have a taste of a full cavalry army, and then goes "SIKE" and takes them all. Now you gotta deal with it!

do i have to buy them every chapter too?

No, horses remain with you until they die or you replace them with new ones.

...Yeah, horses can die in this game. There are also all sorts of special horses. The ones you had in mission 1, for example, grant +2 speed. It's fun.

Still, if you want my advice, don't be in a rush to get your cavaliers outfitted with horses immediately. The first few maps are designed with a lack of cavs in mind. There's a lot of terrain that would impair cavalry, so they wouldn't get that much use out of them.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, so that's over. Jesse, Paola and Saber have fallen, but Jenny learned Dill, so everything is fine.

...Seriously, Dill? What the hell kind of a name for a spell is that?

So, trying to look up.

Expel in Japan is ディル, or Diru. So the translation took it almost literal and went for Dill.

Even with my army in tatters, though, I was still able to send Lawson and his troop packing. It was great to see no less than five cavaliers all desperately running for the singular heal tile. The boss lost the race, too! Hah! They were all easy pickings for Luth.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, trying to look up.

Expel in Japan is ディル, or Diru. So the translation took it almost literal and went for Dill.

Could've at least thrown an r in there and made it Drill lololololol

...Oh wait, dill is an actual word in English. I had no idea. It's just a plant, I don't really see much of a significance here, but hey. It exists! Meißen gaming.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could've at least thrown an r in there and made it Drill lololololol

...Oh wait, dill is an actual word in English. I had no idea. It's just a plant, I don't really see much of a significance here, but hey. It exists! Meißen gaming.

Trying to look up about the plant, apparently it's capable of keeping pests at bay which would try to eat other plants, and long ago it was thought it had the power to ward evil spirits. So maybe that's why the spell is called like that in Japan? Since the Katakana of the spell is the exact same as the one used for the plant, so maybe it is named after the plant. As it expels Terrors in the same way the plant was said to expel evil or so.

At the very least, that's probably the train of logic the translator reached.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Trying to look up about the plant, apparently it's capable of keeping pests at bay which would try to eat other plants, and long ago it was thought it had the power to ward evil spirits. So maybe that's why the spell is called like that in Japan? Since the Katakana of the spell is the exact same as the one used for the plant, so maybe it is named after the plant. As it expels Terrors in the same way the plant was said to expel evil or so.

At the very least, that's probably the train of logic the translator reached.

Yes, that makes sense. Once again, Project Elitist makes perfect sense in the weirdest way imaginable.

...Of course, my question is why it's Dill in English when the translation is Spanish, but uh... eh.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that makes sense. Once again, Project Elitist makes perfect sense in the weirdest way imaginable.

...Of course, my question is why it's Dill in English when the translation is Spanish, but uh... eh.

I mean.

Meißen

Agh, I'm pretty sure Lindon at some point mentioned a library, called the Tower of Wisdom or something like that, but I can't remember when. And trying to look up has yielded no results so far. I think it was as a Somniel quote...? But I don't think I've got to trigger the line again if it was. Hmm...